Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
My story Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

after reading that do you think im wierd?
  yes
  no
  definatly with a side of paranoia
View Results

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:00 am
joseph m 102
rmcdra
joseph m 102
fine then no, i wanted to be all deep but no gosh
If there is no honesty in your depth then it is nothing but a raging whirlpool that one drowns in.

you do know i was just kiding right
Oh sorry. Tone doesn't carry very well over text lol.  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:04 am
ncsweet
joseph m 102
Violet Song jat Shariff
joseph m 102
rmcdra
joseph m 102
fine then no, i wanted to be all deep but no gosh
If there is no honesty in your depth then it is nothing but a raging whirlpool that one drowns in.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by not believe in Yeshua's God? Do you mean that you deny that Yeshua's God exist or do you deny that he exists as most Churches teach?

his name is Yeshua's? and i deny that he himself exists to answer your second question

Yeshua = Jesus.
YHVH = God.

So, I have to ask. Why do you think YHVH doesn't exist, but somehow the gods you are worshiping/getting to know do?

i know nothing but whenever i started studing these gods/ godesses caught my attention and intreasted me.

It's fine that other Gods/Goddesses interest you, however why does the existence of those Gods/esses, preclude the existence of YHVH (or any other God/ess)? Just because you don't choose to follow/worship a particular God, does that mean that they automatically don't exist?

i've been told that my favorite phrase is i dont know and i choose to use that statement in this scenerio. but i can answer a part ive actualy never really beleived in YHVH because when i was little i tohught they were just stories they told us but when i got old enough yo think on my own i realized i didnt want to be catholic.  

warhead1029

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:42 am
If you do not believe in him, then moving on with your spiritual life shouldn't be a problem as long as you are willing to accept any consequences if it turns out you've misunderstood things and he is real.  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:51 pm
ok  

warhead1029

dark_angel_32189

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:44 pm
After reading the posts on the first page...

I personally don't think an oath counts unless you've made it yourself by your own choice at an age where you're old enough to make it an educated decision.

Just wanted to share that.

Edit: I know you said you were baptized. Was it your choice? And how old were you?  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:17 am
no it eas not my choice i hardly knew what it even meant my age is XIII or is it XIIV eithor way 13  

warhead1029

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:44 am
dark_angel_32189

I personally don't think an oath counts unless you've made it yourself by your own choice at an age where you're old enough to make it an educated decision.

How do you feel about religious texts that describe deities accepting and enforcing oaths with people who did not enter into them in the terms you described?  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:00 pm
Brass Bell Doll
dark_angel_32189

How do you feel about religious texts that describe deities accepting and enforcing oaths with people who did not enter into them in the terms you described?

I don't believe someone can be bound by an oath that someone else made for them. An oath doesn't mean anything unless you knowingly and willingly make it yourself. Especially if it's an oath for a religion or to a god that you don't practice or believe in (or even if you acknowledge that the particular god might exist, but you don't choose to worship them).

I'm just going to leave it at that.  

dark_angel_32189

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:06 am
dark_angel_32189

I don't believe someone can be bound by an oath that someone else made for them. An oath doesn't mean anything unless you knowingly and willingly make it yourself. Especially if it's an oath for a religion or to a god that you don't practice or believe in (or even if you acknowledge that the particular god might exist, but you don't choose to worship them).

I'm just going to leave it at that.

I feel I understood that from the earlier post you made. What I was trying to understand is your opinion of religious texts, including the lore of these religions that have examples of oaths being made on another's behalf. Are they false? Are they misrepresenting something?  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:22 pm
I'm sorry, I said I was going to leave it at that because I'm not going to get into a deeper converstion about religious texts. Believe me, my opinions on religious texts are very strong and not something that most people like to hear. I answered your question in my last post, whether you're capable of seeing/understanding it or not.  

dark_angel_32189

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:17 pm
My understanding is this guild encourages us to support our positions, and I inquired further because I feel we can have a respectful discussion even if we disagree, all the while supporting the spirit of this guild and it's intentions.

If you would prefer, I could rephrase it to ask why you believe there can be no oath without the active participation of the individual when the texts show there can be.  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:08 pm
if she doesnt want to respond she doesnt have to (even though i would like you two to carry o )  

warhead1029

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:19 am
joseph m 102
if she doesnt want to respond she doesnt have to (even though i would like you two to carry o )

I'm not sure how that position fits in terms of what is expected within the guild, which was why I asked.  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:00 pm
Brass Bell Doll
I'm not sure how that position fits in terms of what is expected within the guild, which was why I asked.

Oh i see i think i misunderstood the post  

warhead1029

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games