Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
To all those who have been practicing for many years..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do learners with lots of questions tend to annoy you?
  Yes
  No
  I am a learner myself
View Results

x Guenhwyvar x

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:53 pm
What course do you go about and why? (I just was looking for a specific path right for me, but I don't know what paths there are..)
What are some good books about Wicca?
For years I have been so interested in studying and practicing Wicca. However, I have not been able to gain any advice on what is false, which books are complete bogus, and many more things. Please help?
I have so many more questions, but I fear I will quickly annoy many of you.. >.>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:41 pm
There are quite a few threads in the Archives forum that would be worth checking out, in particular the following would be good places to start...

Intro: Pagans, Heathens and Recons

Recommended Reading List

However if you have any particular questions, please feel free to ask away!! biggrin  

ncsweet
Crew

surukio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:05 pm
even though i've been on my path for along time i consider myself a life long learner, that always been my attitue

and with learner and questions it depends person asking the question versus their experiance... i have a friends who has supposedly been practicing for 2-3 years and still asks very basic questions... which he should kknow the answer to already

that annoys me more then anything.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:32 am
x Guenhwyvar x
What course do you go about and why? (I just was looking for a specific path right for me, but I don't know what paths there are..)

I am unsure what you mean by this question. Do you mean what faith do we follow?
Quote:
What are some good books about Wicca?

Here is a great book list that was put together by a HPS in the Alexandrian tradition.
Quote:
For years I have been so interested in studying and practicing Wicca. However, I have not been able to gain any advice on what is false, which books are complete bogus, and many more things. Please help?

Usually, to avoid the crap, you want to go towards more scholarly books rather than the shiny, "Wicca-in-30-minutes" books. Look at the back of the book; does it have a bibliography? What kind of books are in the bibliography? That is usually a good indicator on if a book is crap or decent.
Quote:
I have so many more questions, but I fear I will quickly annoy many of you.. >.>

Ask away. If we get annoyed we'll say so wink .  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games