Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Alright I've been having this issue...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Forth Eorlingas

250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:35 am
Whenever I've been trying to meditate or like focus on anything that has to do with my magik it breaks down. Or like with meditation someone comes and interrupts me. If everything happens for a reason, what's going on?
Any opinions or feedback?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:13 pm
I feel that the interruptions during meditation may be a signal that your approach to meditation may need to change.

I had a similar problem at one time, and when polite requests to not be disturbed were not honored by my family, I found that other forms of meditation, such as those that can be done while doing chores helped a great deal.

Would you be able to explain what you mean by focus in relation to magick? A better description might help us find answers.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:30 pm
Yeah it sounds like you're trying to hard. It's supposed to bring you to a state of relaxation not stress you out more. If it's stressing you out more than you're doing something wrong. What worked for me was to stop trying to blank out my thoughts and focus on one particular image or thought, like a fog or a candle flame.

As Brass Bell recommended, try a different approach to meditating. There's a wide variety of kinetic meditations available, such as belly dancing. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with these techniques so you may have to wait for someone else to comment more on this.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:14 pm
rmcdra
Yeah it sounds like you're trying to hard. It's supposed to bring you to a state of relaxation not stress you out more. If it's stressing you out more than you're doing something wrong. What worked for me was to stop trying to blank out my thoughts and focus on one particular image or thought, like a fog or a candle flame.

As Brass Bell recommended, try a different approach to meditating. There's a wide variety of kinetic meditations available, such as belly dancing. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with these techniques so you may have to wait for someone else to comment more on this.

i'm familiar with some of the kinetic ones [ both walking meditation, and i dance/belly dance ] sometime even while at work i begin to meditate when i have nothing else [such as an empty stomache] to distract me [i work as a dishwasher and a resterant]  

surukio

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games