Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Law of Return

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkestSorceress

6,750 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Consumer 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:44 pm
So last Tuesday I cast a love spell to stabilize my boyfriend's and my relationship because it's new and it seemed like we were standing on shaky ground because he asked me out within a week of having his heart broken and valentines day. I didn't think it was the best idea to cast it because of the moon phase but I did anyway and less than three hours later something bad happened to me and around five hours after me something bad happened to him. So would this be the moon fighting my spell or the threefold rule? Or is it something else entirely?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:56 pm
Sometimes bad things just happen, so it's really hard to say.

On the other hand, depends on what kind of "love" spell it was. Usually when it comes to love, it's best to let nature take it's course. Trying to force someone to stay in a relationship, is never a good idea, so I'd say it would depend on the wording of the spell as to whether or not you could be suffering from any Threefold Law kickback.

The moon phase in and of itself wouldn't necessarily cause anything bad to happen. For example if you do a spell to draw love to you, it's best to do the spell in the waxing phase since you are looking to "increase" love. So if you did it in the waning phase, at worst your spell just wouldn't work or it would just have to overcome the opposing force of the moon (since it would be in a "decreasing" phase). Of course there are many people who don't really pay any attention to moon phases, if that's the case then it wouldn't matter at all what phase the moon was in.  

ncsweet
Crew

DarkestSorceress

6,750 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Consumer 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:13 pm
I always take into account the moon phase, it's part of my way. I just think the moon should be kept in mind if that makes sense. It was literally a love spell meant to strengthen the relationship. I worded it asking the elements to help us and the goddess and god to guide us. I wasn't trying to force the relationship I don't think, I was just trying to help both of us shake off our insecurities I think.

And I know that life just screws up sometimes but I just worried because it all crashed the same day I had cast a spell and I hadn't cast one in like half a month.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:39 pm
My thought though, is that if you directed it specifically at him, or even specifically at the relationship that exists between you and him - like a "make the bond between us stronger" type spell, then you may be feeling some kickback.

In general it is up to you how you feel about these kinds of spells. Some people take the whole "don't mess with the free will of others" to extremes, and others have no problems with bindings and such - the average witch is probably somewhere in between.

To me, if I'm only a week or so into a relationship and I'm already having to consider using magic to keep it going, then odds are magic really isn't the best course of action.  

ncsweet
Crew

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:15 am
ncsweet
Usually when it comes to love, it's best to let nature take it's course.
I feel this is a good point. I also feel that in the same way that I used makeup, clothing, conversation and other things to attract a lover, using a spiritual method is good too.

It just doesn't always ensure success.

ncsweet
The moon phase in and of itself wouldn't necessarily cause anything bad to happen. For example if you do a spell to draw love to you, it's best to do the spell in the waxing phase since you are looking to "increase" love. So if you did it in the waning phase, at worst your spell just wouldn't work or it would just have to overcome the opposing force of the moon (since it would be in a "decreasing" phase). Of course there are many people who don't really pay any attention to moon phases, if that's the case then it wouldn't matter at all what phase the moon was in.
There are other things you can look for too. Like what house the moon is in, where Venus is and stuff like that.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:32 am
I don't think there's any kind of "supernatural" kickback to that sort of spell. Whether it's unethical or not is something else. Personally I'd say it was on the line ethically; the important part here is that you're trying to strengthen a relationship that isn't a relationship yet.

Any "kickback" isn't a magical kick in the a**; it's practical cause and effect. You're trying to strengthen something that isn't there. You're trying to push it, and chances are he's not ready for that - which is why you're doing it. Ask yourself whether you're actually doing it for both of your benefits. Sounds to me you're trying to take a massive shortcut. You can't do that with relationships. They build. They grow.

So if your actions backfire, it won't be in a totally different area of your life. Your actions would backfire because they weren't sensible, and they'd backfire in that exact area of your life in the same way as if you were phoning them ten times a day or sending their ex angry emails.

Sounds like coincidence to me, to be honest. But if you're interpreting these things as the threefold law, is your conscience feeling heavy?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games