Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
virginity and sexuality Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ncsweet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:29 pm
lCobaltl
The A&J list? :3

Amber and Jet is a Yahoo group for Trad Wicca (initiates and seekers). Tons of great info.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:40 am
ncsweet

From my understanding it's all about the "plumbing". There is currently a discussion going on on the A&J list, and they said rather than "gender" think of it as "biological sex". So if you are biologically a man, then you will fill the male role, and if you are biologically a woman, then you will fill the female roles.
There are also times when the High Priestess will stand in for the man as well.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:41 am
Brass Bell Doll
ncsweet

From my understanding it's all about the "plumbing". There is currently a discussion going on on the A&J list, and they said rather than "gender" think of it as "biological sex". So if you are biologically a man, then you will fill the male role, and if you are biologically a woman, then you will fill the female roles.

What are these times?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:42 am
lCobaltl
jet as opposed to amber. ><

Jet is the female? I always assumed amber was - partly, admittedly, because of Freyja's association with it but also because jet is dead wood and the Wiccan god is a god of death.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

ncsweet
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:37 am
Brass Bell Doll
ncsweet

My understanding of that, is that it only occurs in very rare circumstances, and only when there is absolutely no other option available. Like, they've contacted every other coven they know, and there simply is not a male initiate that can fill in for their HP.

Sanguina Cruenta
lCobaltl

Jet is the female? I always assumed amber was

Amber is associated with the Goddess as far as I know. Though I can see where switching the two might make sense (if one were to think amber=sun).  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:39 am
ncsweet
Brass Bell Doll
ncsweet

My understanding of that, is that it only occurs in very rare circumstances, and only when there is absolutely no other option available. Like, they've contacted every other coven they know, and there simply is not a male initiate that can fill in for their HP.
That is one such situation, yes. I have heard of others involving male initiates being present but unwilling to fulfill the roles for whatever reason.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Daearen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:59 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
lCobaltl

Jet is the female? I always assumed amber was - partly, admittedly, because of Freyja's association with it but also because jet is dead wood and the Wiccan god is a god of death.

I always thought it was. I read it in the Frarra's "Witches Bible"  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games