Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Deck Database
"Dragoon" Deck

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you call this deck theme anything besides "Dragoon" ?
  Yes (If so, reply to the topic with what you would call it)
  No
  Don't care
View Results

xXJun loves YomuXx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:17 am
Okay, the "Dragoon" idea is kinda based off of the Playstation game "The Legend of Dragoon". Dragons, Warriors, and Spellcasters (and some Machines). I tried to keep the three main types balanced in terms of everything. The Key cards are Dark Paladin and Red Dragon Archfiend. I had something in mind when I selected my cards. You'll notice that with each type of monster, their lower levels are a level 4 and a level lower than four and two tuners. (Ex. DD Warrior Lady (Lv4), Speed Warrior (Lv2), and two Junk Synchrons). I've used the deck four times so far. Two duels got cut short because they were over PM (against Darth Steven 09). We counted one as his win because my hand was screwed over by a card he played when I had to leave. The second time I had to leave he didn't get back on and I was going a bit stronger than him so we counted it as my win to consider us even. I also faced two other people (whose names I can't seem to remember, sorry ^^") that I lost to. The deck did SOMEWHAT decent against both. The one duel I wound up killing myself because I attack recklessly, I don't worry too much about facedowns and he used a Magic Cylinder when Red Dragon Archfiend attacked, and I lost the other one because when Red Dragon Archfiend attacked he special summoned Gorz and I drew almost nothing after that.

Anyways. Sorry for my ranting there. ^^' Here's the decklist.

Level 7+
x1 Felgrand Dragon
x1 Dark Magician
x1 Buster Blader

Level 5-6
x1 Kaiser Glider
x1 Cybernetic Magician
x1 Silent Swordsman Lv 5

Level 4-
x2 Magna Drago
x1 Masked Dragon
x1 Powered Tuner
x2 Frequency Magician
x1 Copycat
x1 Breaker The Magical Warrior
x2 Junk Synchron
x1 Speed Warrior
x1 DD Warrior Lady
x1 Quillbolt Hedgehog
x1 Healing Wave Generator

Fusions
x2 Dark Paladin

Synchros
x1 Junk Warrior
x1 Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth
x1 X-Saber Urbellum
x1 Red Dragon Archfiend

Spells
x2 Polymerization
x1 Future Fusion
x1 De-Fusion
x1 De-Synchro
x1 Double Summon
x1 Fusion Sage
x1 Reinforcement of the Army
x1 Foolish Burial
x1 Smashing Ground
x1 Lightning Vortex
x1 Magical Dimension
x1 Dark Magic Attack
x1 Giant Trunade
x1 Monster Reincarnation
x1 Magical Stone Excavation

Traps
x1 Torrential Tribute
x1 Divine Wrath
x1 Royal Decree
x1 Call of the Haunted

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:43 pm
Hey this is just me, but those three don't really mix.

Dark Paladin is ok, if you would want a deck based around him.

All four themes have decent decks on their own, sadly they just don't have any good mixes.

You could always go for a warrior dragon level mix.

Or as I said Dark Paladin is a decent meta call, although either level build can do the same for less.

Really though that's just me rambling.  

armycat jockamoe

xXJun loves YomuXx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:57 am
armycat jockamoe

All four themes have decent decks on their own, sadly they just don't have any good mixes.

Or as I said Dark Paladin is a decent meta call, although either level build can do the same for less.

It's fine. I appreciate the input, though I wasn't really looking for a good deck-build so much as for a theme to it in mind. lol It's not supposed to be a really good, playable, deck. It's really just meant my as my own personal, fun, deck. It works semi-decent as of what I've seen it do so far, too. I really don't care too much to win, especially not right now when I'm just now able to play again. I'd rather have fun while I build back up my game as opposed to stressing out over what works well with what. haha I mean, it's only a game, what does it matter if my cards mix well together? So long as I have fun and can let my opponent feel the sa-. . . .OMFG I think I watch the show too much or something. @_@ Main characters must be rubbing off on me.

Also, small edit: My deck has already come close to winning, so I wouldn't really want to change the structure of it anyways, maybe just some of the cards I'm using. Y'know, maybe lean some cards more towards Paladin to make it easier to get out. Or maybe swap out some of my creatures for ones better suited to the deck or something. So maybe if you have advice on some better creatures to put in instead of what I have? (The synchros will have to stay though 'cause they're my only ones of those types, but the rest are all changable.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:02 pm
xXJun loves YomuXx
armycat jockamoe

It's fine. I appreciate the input, though I wasn't really looking for a good deck-build so much as for a theme to it in mind. lol It's not supposed to be a really good, playable, deck. It's really just meant my as my own personal, fun, deck. It works semi-decent as of what I've seen it do so far, too. I really don't care too much to win, especially not right now when I'm just now able to play again. I'd rather have fun while I build back up my game as opposed to stressing out over what works well with what. haha I mean, it's only a game, what does it matter if my cards mix well together? So long as I have fun and can let my opponent feel the sa-. . . .OMFG I think I watch the show too much or something. @_@ Main characters must be rubbing off on me.

Also, small edit: My deck has already come close to winning, so I wouldn't really want to change the structure of it anyways, maybe just some of the cards I'm using. Y'know, maybe lean some cards more towards Paladin to make it easier to get out. Or maybe swap out some of my creatures for ones better suited to the deck or something. So maybe if you have advice on some better creatures to put in instead of what I have? (The synchros will have to stay though 'cause they're my only ones of those types, but the rest are all changable.)

Well either way I guess if I went for it I would go this route.

Dark Magician x3
Buster Blader x3
Debris Dragon x3
Junk Synchron x3
Cyber Valley x3
King of The Swamp x3
Totem Dragon x2
Treeborn Frog x1

Mein Buddy as a shield x2
Polymerization x2
Foolish Burial x2
Summoners art x2
Emblem of the Dragon Destroyer x2
Future Fusion x1
MST x1
Heavy Storm x1

Royal Decree x3
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
TT x1  

armycat jockamoe

xXJun loves YomuXx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:25 pm
hmm, That's almost possible for me. I need more copies of cards, and I REALLY need to get more up to date on the 5Ds cards. But other than that it seems mostly doable.  
Deck Database

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games