TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:00 pm
Xilo The Odd
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I read somewhere that Miyamoto said he didn't like it because it seemed TOO MUCH like the games.

...Then again, he may have gotten mixed up with the obscure anime adaptation. That one actually looks fairly decent.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:29 pm
*gives intense thought*

Well, Star Wars has become a game series, but those are actually games made to be games.

Based on the story of the Star Wars movie, but are made to be games. If that makes sense.

I normally avoid movie-based games, so I don't really have many examples to go on. Some are okay, but most are not games, their either AVGN material, advertisement that you paid for, or just a compilation of bad minigames around a story, usually having nothing to do with the movie.  

CherubiMaster

whitegummie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:23 pm
Ya.. I would say that most of them suck, and some have parts that have nothing to do with the movie :/  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:26 pm
Yeah they're pretty bad which is actually sad since a lot of those movie based games can probably be decent IF they worked on them more. Right now it's just like making trash, selling trash, so it ends up in the trash. If I loved the movie, shouldn't I love the game too?  

BlueSparker

dragon3025

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:30 pm
Yeah, most of the time they make them just as another piece of merchandise to sell and make money, so they don't care if it's cruddy, but games like Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince for Wii is an example of when they actually do care. I think they were having fun with the Wii's motion abilities.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:24 pm
The Live Action Mario Brothers Movie Was Kinda Lame, But I Liked The Super Mario Brothers Super Show.  

God Of Video Games

Michi is a cat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:00 am
Elemental Draconis
I'm hoping the games for Avatar will be good.
But I don't have too high of expectations for it.
Movie games aren't that good. Only very few pass to the other side.

And a movie made from a game... I kinda liked Advent Children, personally.

Avatar DS is a clone of Zelda Phantom Hourglass, apparently:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOrySfls2BI

Gameplay-wise, anyway.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:11 am
Man ,E.T for the atari is literaly voted to be the worst game in history. It was voted by the people who made it to be terrible , Atari. Yes ,Most movie based games suck.  

Nintech

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:21 pm
dragon3025
Yeah, most of the time they make them just as another piece of merchandise to sell and make money, so they don't care if it's cruddy, but games like Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince for Wii is an example of when they actually do care. I think they were having fun with the Wii's motion abilities.
Kind of interesting, considering that the movie wasn't all that actiony. I hate it when they mess with the plot to add in more of a romantic plot.

District 9 might/could have been a good game. I mean, you've got your aliens and your guns and your first person shooter's view, blood, the characters were awesome, tension, etc.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:57 pm
In my opinion, there is no such thing as a good movie based game. Same goes for game based movies. Always full of fail.  

melonkuma

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:55 pm
cocomina~
In my opinion, there is no such thing as a good movie based game. Same goes for game based movies. Always full of fail.

eek Not even Goldeneye 007 game?
Ya gotta admit that's a good game, even if you're not a fan of the genre and YOU don't particularly like it, it's a very well-made shooter.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff