Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:12 pm
'Kay, this is basically a rant. -_-

SHUT THE ******** Up, SUCK IT UP, AND STOP BITCHING! D<
I mean, Jesus, why the hell would you judge a video game because it's based on a T.V show.... 'Kay I heard the Lost game sucked, and most all movie-to-game games suck, but still. This'll be fun, I know it... for me. Probably because I like video games, and I like Grey's Anatomy.

And here we go again with the sexism, that only boys play video games. Stfu you ******** noobs, girls like games too, all my friend's who are girls like games. It's the ones that are too busy getting stomach acid into the bathroom sink who're too busy to play video games.
A lot of them think that it'll crash because the show has a huge female audience. Guess what, I'm pretty sure you get to play as one of the lesbians. O:

And another thing, this game is not pleasing the mainstream audience, because mainstream gamers aren't gonna want to play a game like Grey's Anatomy, which believe, is like a cross between Trauma Center, and some sort of RPG, without the fantasy stuff. Durr, it'll be way too complicated. If you miss a season, you can't watch the next one, too much s**t happens. How the ******** will you play the game that's based on the fourth of fifth season? It's not that mainstream if you need to do some research.

.... Yes there's a game being made for the show. -_-
This wasn't directed to any Culties, because I'm gonna assume that I'm the only male here who watches the show, and we all know only guys go on the interwebs. DURR DURR LOLOLJKJKJK. -awesome face-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:43 pm
So it's a game based towards people that have watched the show for five seasons, and are really into video games? That seems like a relatively small window, then. If anything, this just sounds like you ranting because you're worried about how people will judge you for playing a game, which is sad both in the fact that you feel the need to, and the fact that you are, because you shouldn't have to.

Play the game, enjoy it if you can, if it's good, and have a good day.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:30 am
Meta_Fish
So it's a game based towards people that have watched the show for five seasons, and are really into video games? That seems like a relatively small window, then. If anything, this just sounds like you ranting because you're worried about how people will judge you for playing a game, which is sad both in the fact that you feel the need to, and the fact that you are, because you shouldn't have to.

Play the game, enjoy it if you can, if it's good, and have a good day.

Well, not judge me, they judge the game since it's geared towards people who've watched the show. -_-;
I dun wan't it to sound that way. I mean, well jeeze, it's a game, the people who judge it should try it out first and see if they still think it's crap. Time went into the game and so did a lot of money for a game based off a t.v show.
It wasn't supposed to come out that way. It was to be more along the lines of the whole judge a book by its cover thing.

I'm actually more worried about embarrassing yet another person when they get confused about my gender. -_-

Urnf. xD I was mistyping my meaning again. Hurr hurr. xD I'm no good with words.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:33 am
But i mean of all the things to make a video game of. D: why greys anatomy? Like there are so many better shows. I mean House+Nintendo=Astronomically Epic win. I'm not going to b***h about it but when i see a copy in the store I'll shake my head and roll my eyes.  

The Phantom Slasher

Noble Prophet

19,475 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Ultimate Player 200

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:56 am
I didn't even know there was a Grey's Anatomy game... there are people bitching?

I'm pretty sure most people realise that GIRLS PLAY VIDEO GAMES TOO YOU KNOW. Kinda sick of hearing it myself. It's not news to anyone.

Now, if they want to appeal to the mass market... how about a Grey's Anatomy FPS?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:00 am
xDD Resident Evil: Grey's Anatomy. Nice. That'll appeal. O: Why not since they gave birth to some evil, mutated offspring of Gears of War and Resident Evil 4. D: I mean, they didn't care that they pissed off more than sixty percent of the RE fans. They went and made it mainstream. -_- Friend played the whole game in one sitting. Run an' shoot... -_- WTF were they thinking? That takes the horror atmosphere out of the game. Now it probably relies on shock horror, having so many enemies come at you to scare you.
One zombie scared me in RE4. He popped out of that ******** oven thing.

Ooh, yes, I'd play a House game definitely. I like how he's an a** to everyone, but he's the a*****e who's almost right all of the time, every time.
biggrin That's what they should do.

I heard there's not enough cutting into people in the GA game. O: DO HOUSE PROPERLY 'KAY? That would be like a detective-ish kinda game, mixed with Trauma Center. =3

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:35 pm
Harupiggy
Well, not judge me, they judge the game since it's geared towards people who've watched the show. -_-;
I dun wan't it to sound that way. I mean, well jeeze, it's a game, the people who judge it should try it out first and see if they still think it's crap. Time went into the game and so did a lot of money for a game based off a t.v show.
It wasn't supposed to come out that way. It was to be more along the lines of the whole judge a book by its cover thing.

I'm actually more worried about embarrassing yet another person when they get confused about my gender. -_-

Urnf. xD I was mistyping my meaning again. Hurr hurr. xD I'm no good with words.

If anything, I would think less money would go into making a game on a licensed property, because most of the time they're fairly garbage, plus it's already an established property, so it's not like the company has to go about covering their asses so no one steals it.

AK kinda said it for the girls play video games thing. We get it, you do. Let's move on from that.

The Phantom Slasher
But i mean of all the things to make a video game of. D: why greys anatomy? Like there are so many better shows. I mean House+Nintendo=Astronomically Epic win. I'm not going to b***h about it but when i see a copy in the store I'll shake my head and roll my eyes.
THIS DOESN'T APPEAL TO ME, WHAT GARBAGE IT MUST BE. And putting a show into a game doesn't mean it's going to be good. If anything, it means it will probably be bad because it wasn't very well made. Developers bank on the fact that fans of the property will guy it anyway.

Harupiggy
I mean, they didn't care that they pissed off more than sixty percent of the RE fans. They went and made it mainstream. -_-
Now you're just turning into a ballsface.

Harupiggy
Friend played the whole game in one sitting. Run an' shoot... -_- WTF were they thinking? That takes the horror atmosphere out of the game. Now it probably relies on shock horror, having so many enemies come at you to scare you.
They should keep doing the same thing for twenty+ years, right? Yeah, that's a good idea. The only company that can do that and get away with it is Nintendo, and even they change things up all the time. Making the RE series an over the shoulder third person shooter was the smartest thing they ever did, because now there are more than a handful of people that like it.

Harupiggy
Ooh, yes, I'd play a House game definitely. I like how he's an a** to everyone, but he's the a*****e who's almost right all of the time, every time.
I just wanted to close this post with that quote.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:55 pm
There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. People rag on Grey's Anatomy: the vidyagame because x-to-game games have a long-standing reputation for sucking. Animaniacs was a great show. Their SNES game? Balls. Blues Brothers 2000 was a great movie. Their N64 game? Balls. The Harry Potter series was great. Their video game line? Balls. Jenga is a s**t load of fun. Their Wii game? c**k and balls. At the same time.

If you think you'll like the game, that's great, but ummm, welcome to the world: not everyone is going to agree with you. The genre has a long, long history of fail, and if this game doesn't follow in its predecessors' footsteps (which is unlikely, because games of this type tend to be nothing more than shameless money-grabs), you can smile and say 'I told you so' when it makes the top 100 obscure games of all time list or something. >_> It hasn't even come out yet, however, so I think you're jumping the gun defending it before you have a firsthand opinion on it.

Furthermore, I suggest you take the word 'mainstream' out of your vocabulary. Letting popular opinion decide for you only works until you get out of high school. Who cares what everyone else likes? If you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't. If you like it 'cause your friends like it, you're a sheep. If you hate it because everyone else likes it, you're a sheep in denial. (Or a troll. LOL TWILIGHT SUX)

Anyway, I'd hold off judgment till it actually comes out, lest it sucks and you end up putting your foot in your mouth.  

5ir Psycho 5exy

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:10 pm
There will be enough purchases to justify the production. Somebody will profit from it while we can laugh at those that are ripped off.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:09 pm
You're right if they made a house game it would be no fun

No matter what you did you would always be right.

No challenge.

hmm pixel cutty  

The Phantom Slasher

Noble Prophet

19,475 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Ultimate Player 200

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:15 pm
Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawl

Resident Evil isn't a first person shooter. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:51 am
Meta_Fish
If anything, I would think less money would go into making a game on a licensed property, because most of the time they're fairly garbage, plus it's already an established property, so it's not like the company has to go about covering their asses so no one steals it.

AK kinda said it for the girls play video games thing. We get it, you do. Let's move on from that.

The Phantom Slasher
THIS DOESN'T APPEAL TO ME, WHAT GARBAGE IT MUST BE. And putting a show into a game doesn't mean it's going to be good. If anything, it means it will probably be bad because it wasn't very well made. Developers bank on the fact that fans of the property will guy it anyway.

Harupiggy
I mean, they didn't care that they pissed off more than sixty percent of the RE fans. They went and made it mainstream. -_-
Now you're just turning into a ballsface.

Harupiggy
Friend played the whole game in one sitting. Run an' shoot... -_- WTF were they thinking? That takes the horror atmosphere out of the game. Now it probably relies on shock horror, having so many enemies come at you to scare you.
They should keep doing the same thing for twenty+ years, right? Yeah, that's a good idea. The only company that can do that and get away with it is Nintendo, and even they change things up all the time. Making the RE series an over the shoulder third person shooter was the smartest thing they ever did, because now there are more than a handful of people that like it.

Harupiggy
I just wanted to close this post with that quote.

Well, yeah. Ballsface, I dun get it. Hurr hurr. Iz srs. I hear a lot of people complaining that RE5 sucks because they changed it.
I still would like to play it though, because I heard you could change it so you can stop-and-shoot.

Ubisoft put money into it, and worked with the people who made the show. o.O It's basically a new episode of the show or something. I checked, apparently the only problem is the overuse of mini-games that 'wouldn't stump an eight year old.'

I mean, yes change the plot, or change something to make a new story, but don't try to make a franchise play like another franchise. I mean, sure Nintendo can get away with a stagnant formula, but I'd go for a Zelda set in the future.
Well, maybe for people who've never played RE before, yes a run-and-shooter would be good for them to get into the franchise. But still, it kinda takes something away from the scary-ish element of having to stop and shoot.

...Iz not a girl. -_-

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:59 am
-Zephyrotica-
There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. People rag on Grey's Anatomy: the vidyagame because x-to-game games have a long-standing reputation for sucking. Animaniacs was a great show. Their SNES game? Balls. Blues Brothers 2000 was a great movie. Their N64 game? Balls. The Harry Potter series was great. Their video game line? Balls. Jenga is a s**t load of fun. Their Wii game? c**k and balls. At the same time.

If you think you'll like the game, that's great, but ummm, welcome to the world: not everyone is going to agree with you. The genre has a long, long history of fail, and if this game doesn't follow in its predecessors' footsteps (which is unlikely, because games of this type tend to be nothing more than shameless money-grabs), you can smile and say 'I told you so' when it makes the top 100 obscure games of all time list or something. >_> It hasn't even come out yet, however, so I think you're jumping the gun defending it before you have a firsthand opinion on it.

Furthermore, I suggest you take the word 'mainstream' out of your vocabulary. Letting popular opinion decide for you only works until you get out of high school. Who cares what everyone else likes? If you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't. If you like it 'cause your friends like it, you're a sheep. If you hate it because everyone else likes it, you're a sheep in denial. (Or a troll. LOL TWILIGHT SUX)

Anyway, I'd hold off judgment till it actually comes out, lest it sucks and you end up putting your foot in your mouth.

It came out already. -_- This is why I made this topic. I saw it at HMV, checked the internet, and the first comments I was seeing where just comments on how the game would suck. You know, the people who haven't even played it but are judging.

As well, mainstream was not my word of choice. Grey's Anatomy is hardly mainstream at all. It was just the word that I saw on the website.

Hurr hurr, Twilight does suck. But I actually read all four books, and I make an informed opinion as well, because I write short stories. In short, and in literary terms, Meyer ******** up badly and she finished University.

I'm in a fourth year of high school. -_-;;

I haven't played it yet, but I'm not attempting to defend it, well, it's not what I want to do ultimately.
Since I can't post where I saw the comment, or could be bothered to register, I was ranting about it here. Yes I'm defending the game, to people who were saying things about it with just their traditional thought that x-to-game genres suck.

... Is doing kleptomania for Psychology. -blatant subject change-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:03 am
Teh AK
Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawl

Resident Evil isn't a first person shooter. rolleyes

xD Yes I know.

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:04 am
The Phantom Slasher
You're right if they made a house game it would be no fun

No matter what you did you would always be right.

No challenge.

hmm pixel cutty

Yeah. I'd still play it though. :/ Just to hear the insults, or general assholery.

'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games