Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
crazy idea...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

agree?
  yes
  no
View Results

Emet_Paladin of Truth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:09 am
I think instead of banning/restricting cards, they should update the text to fix it's broken-ness

IE: butterfly dagger- elma can now only be played once a turn

IE: you can only have one heavy storm in your deck (the difference being it now says it on the card)  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:45 am
emet01
I think instead of banning/restricting cards, they should update the text to fix it's broken-ness

IE: butterfly dagger- elma can now only be played once a turn

IE: you can only have one heavy storm in your deck (the difference being it now says it on the card)
This involves recreating the cards with is a taboo topic. The limited list allows for easy changes without recreating the cards and confusing players with different texts on cards. Also most banned cards are remade anyway such as Raigeki which has several remakes such as Lightning Vortex. By count I think Mirror Force has the most remade versions.  

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

Emet_Paladin of Truth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:08 am
Jevan R. H. Divinitive
This involves recreating the cards with is a taboo topic. The limited list allows for easy changes without recreating the cards and confusing players with different texts on cards. Also most banned cards are remade anyway such as Raigeki which has several remakes such as Lightning Vortex. By count I think Mirror Force has the most remade versions.

I don't think an update list is any more confusing than the limited list and rulings.
we all know our rulings for various cards, why not take it a step further?
my main complaint with the ban list is now whatever cards are banned are effectively useless.
now, they may be weakened (possibly to the point of being horrible), but at least they can be used.  
Domino City

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games