Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Energy and Shielding Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyou Nitsune

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:28 pm
I've tried working with elements themselves but I just don't seem to connect to them very well (and if I do its either fire or air, and I need large quantities of them). I'll try working with trees, I haven't thought to try that and I've always loved to be around them so maybe it'll help me. I'll get back to you after I have a chance to try it out.

Thanks!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:34 pm
Last night, or this morning, whichever, I was walking home from class at 1 AM. The moon was full or very close to it. I was alone and not feeling particularly safe. I imagined energy from the moon coming into me. (My hand started tingling as usual). I imagined it as a silvery beam that followed me, flowing into me and making me glow. Then, I imagined using the moons energy to form a shield around me, protecting me. Instead of the normal pinpricks on my hand and mostly fingers that I normally get from absorbing energy, it felt different... not as pinpricky but still a slight tickling sensation and concentrated more on my palm or a little closer to my wrist. But it was still just my left hand.  

Mystic White Raven

WelkingPath

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:34 pm
Your left hand must be your receptive hand--the hand that feels energy and it's movements. Your projective hand is usually your dominant one. 3nodding

Good work, though! I'm glad you're using magickal energy to help make you feel safe.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:03 am
Hmmm... more elemental energies...

We had our first time working with clay in my sculpture class yesterday. I hadn't been up to the clay working room except the first day when we got a tour of the place. My hand started to tingle and I realized that it was probably Earth type energies. When the professor called us over to show us how to mix clay, my hand (left only again) felt the tingly ness and felt stiff and heavy. I stretched out my fingers and the joints creaked. We had a break and I was walking around and the tingling got so bad my arm started to go numb.

I tried drawing in energy from the sun yesterday evening, well before that class and I found it much harder to do then the moon. The moon's energy I could imagine focused into a beam that I soaked up, but I couldn't do that with the sun, it was too spread out.  

Mystic White Raven

WelkingPath

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:56 pm
If the tingling is bugging you too much, I would shield against it...but only a LITTLE bit. This is your gift--you don't want to take it all away.

Sun energy might need a little more work due to it's male-like qualities. Some people find an energy source and stick to it. Whichever one works best for you is the one you should use.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:17 am
So I just put up my first big shield. WP I told you about the problems we'd been having in our appartment. So I did a clensing first, our little spirit was not offended at all heart , then I set up the shield. I did the tree one you recomended for a personal room, I also set up what I call a redirect. As my neighbors are going to continue to generate negitive energy I set up a shield to absorb and redirect the negative energy back into the earth. So far, 4 days, I haven't had any problems and both are working very well. I check both every morning and every eavening before I go to bed. My husband and I are starting to feel like our old selves again biggrin  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

WelkingPath

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:33 pm
That is amazing and I'm really glad I could help. If you'd like to set up a personal shield that would work better, try to set up a sphere instead of an egg-shaped shield. They're harder to get into. (Though this is probably geared towards "battle magick.")

Another thing you might want to try is called a chaotic shield. This is a shield where colors, patterns, and shapes show up on your shield in no pattern at all. Obviously this is more advanced shielding, but if you try it, it really works well.

I hope everything continutes to go well for you! If you want to speed up the process, I would do a chakra healing. To do this you'd open up your chakra points, working from one to the other, and cleansing it of negativity. It's a good idea to do this in general, but I really think it'll help you out. 3nodding

Thanks for the update!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:44 am
I've never heard of a chakra healing? How is it done? I have to say that I am very happy with this shield, I tried to mold it into the walls there are some gaps up by the cieling but overall it's doing well. I'm not doing much energy work right now I've hit my yearly pnomia and I'm really drained just trying to get through work every day. Thanks for the idea of the chaos shield, I don't think I'm up to that yet but I'll try setting up a smaller one.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

WelkingPath

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:11 pm
A chakra cleansing is basically a meditation that cleanses out each chakra point. Here are some examples of a ways to do it: http://www.mysticfamiliar.com/archive/healingcircle/ar_hc_cleansing_your_chakras6.htm

http://www.wyldwytch.com/weavings/articles/sacred_circle/pages/chakraclean.htm

http://www.mkprojects.com/fa_CleansingAndEnergizing.htm

The last one has some general informatiion on personal energy, as well as natural ways to cleanse them. Tell me which one works best, or if you combined methods to make your own, tell me what you did.

And doing energy work generally isn't good when you're tired or sick, but if you do a cleansing then it might make you feel better. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:19 am
To be honest I think I may have overdone myself when I did the clensing of my appartment and set up those shields, I got sick like two days later and I was drained for those two days too. I really don't think that I was ready to do anything that big myself but it really needed done.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

WelkingPath

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:46 am
Just as long as the consequences aren't too bad. Feel better, drink lots of water (whatever you have lol) and then do the chakra cleansing after you feel rested. 3nodding I hope you feel better!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:54 am
Stuff for you guys to try out!

something ive been working on for a while now is changing the mental state (mood) of myself through energy. You sheild yourself as normal, but you add to that sheild an emotion. If you are feeling down and depressed, attach joy or love to the sheild. If you are feeling over stimulated or restless, attach calm and peace of mind to the sheild. This seems to work wonders for me, for sleeping or leaving a bad mood...

Also I'd atempt minor energy healing if i were you. This is a little more free when it comes to balls or sheilds. I'd use ball energy or almost a flowing stream of energy.
~here is for a head ach or other minor pains, sprains, achs. You can visualize a ball around the "injured" area, or a stream of energy flowing to that point. Fine the pain, think about the pain, focus on the pain, and then visualize it melting away. See the energy pulling the hurt down to the earth, away from your body. Also try and visualize the energy filling the empty space where the pain was. Put in feelings of wellness, and your healing is compleet...

Now this can last a few hours or a few minutes, probaly more if you try hard enough. It is when you stop consentrating on the healing and think of the absent pain that it hurts again, so keep your mind clear...

and thats a few things i have been working on. Hope you all enjoy using/trying them. I know they've helped me alot.

[EDIT]

Calming/Energizing the Body:A success in my search for mood altering energy manipulation.

I prefer to do this in the shower, but anywhere is fine really. Create your basic ball to get the energy juices flowing. Then levitate it over your head. Let is splash onto your head, enter into your body, and coat you in spiritual veil. Move this round your body. Feel the blood in your body slosh around to the movement of the energy. Take it slow, don't rush, but keep it moving. This will lower your heart rate, and bring about an incredible sense of calm. The opposite effect can be achieved be moving this energy swiftly through your body. Be wary, to much in either direction could cause heart failure, but you should be able to gauge your limits. Don't worry to much, just be forewarned.

Happy hunting you little rascals.  

zabazor
Vice Captain

glasfuinneog

Friendly Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:17 pm
In reference to Lesson 6 on the section concerning creating a bubble to protect against negative thoughts both of your own and others I would like to make a small point. For beginners a shield is not usually multi directional. Thinking of the thoughts as a negative force coming from the outside is much easier than thinking of your own thoughts as both negative and coming from the inside. It often requires two different shields to prevent both types of negative thought. While it is not impossible, I don't think that such a complex concept should be added in these beginning steps of shielding. I mean no disrespect to the teacher or students of this course and am simply pointing out something I have learned in my own experience.  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games