Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Is it ok to "ignore" god? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it ok to "ignore" God?
  yes, totally!
  no way!
  do it your way
  sometimes
View Results

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:12 am
X-Yami-no-Ko-X

But for hopefully adding to the discussion instead of parroting what's already been said, I would almost want to say that its impossible to ignore either gender if you're a polytheist. But then thinking about it everyone's different. Could it be possible that a pagan never comes in contact with deities from one gender at all?

There are forms of Goddess worship - the Dianics primarily - who come to mind. They absolutely reject any need for masculine deity or polarity. I have no problem imagining them avoiding contact or ignoring it from a male deity.

There are also polytheists who acknowledge the existence of other Gods but focus their worship on only one deity. It is possible that may mean the individual will only contact or experience one deity of one gender.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:11 am
Morgandria
There are forms of Goddess worship - the Dianics primarily - who come to mind. They absolutely reject any need for masculine deity or polarity. I have no problem imagining them avoiding contact or ignoring it from a male deity.

There are also polytheists who acknowledge the existence of other Gods but focus their worship on only one deity. It is possible that may mean the individual will only contact or experience one deity of one gender.

I forgot about Dianics. But didn't think about the second example.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:58 am
When I first started, I found connecting with the God much harder. I was still kind of feeling my way religiously, and had done some looking into Christianity among others, so God had some other connotations for me, where Goddess didn't. I was also still really thinking about the God and Goddess more as archetypes and not as individual Gods and Goddesses.

Now I would say I lean a touch to the opposite. I have specific deities I work with, and I feel my connection to the masculine ones are typically stronger. I am more likely to 'know what to say' if you will.

I do work really hard to pay attention to both and to work on deepening the connections I have. I don't feel right when my practice is too one-sided. I see both the masculine and feminine in myself and while female, I often identify more with things that are traditionally masculine, so for me, working with the feminine is the harder.

I think it is really interesting that it was brought up about people connecting better with a mother figure and the father figure being the more stern. My personal home life is exactly the opposite. Don't get me wrong, I love both my parents, but my mom is the strict, nagging, perfectionist type while my dad is easy going. I spend a lot more time just talking with my dad.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games