Reply The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]
What is appropriate behaviour for a Witch? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deletemeplease80

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:10 pm
I think Leavaros has made some very good points, and I agree with his choices personally. I think we walk pretty similar paths on this issue. I also think Zsa Zsa & Capt Kat made good points too- expecially where safety is a concern.

I wouldn't want secrets kept from me, therefore I try to be upfront and honest myself. Not everyone chooses this path- and thats fine! Walk your own path, make your own choices- but can we stop with the personal attacks?

In his last post I would like to point out Leavaros did say that he knew his own path and that he wasn't trying to be judgemental. Maybe he was abit enthusiastic- I think that shows how much he believes in what he is saying. And he is entitled to his opinion as much as anyone else.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:17 pm
I'm sorry you feel that way, but I stand by what I've said. If you feel you must leave due to me being a pompous a**, then by all means, don't let the door hit you in yours on the way out. Although, I do wish you would reconsider; someone who is willing to tell someone what needs to be heard, even if it offends someone, is okay in my book. The difference between us? I still respect you--and your right to make your own mistakes--as much as the next person. But don't expect me to sit by the sidelines and watch people do things I don't agree with. If I see something as such, I'm going to say it, and if it comes out wrong, well, at least I've tried.

I said I'm not perfect, and time and again, I've said that I have a tendency towards arrogance, especially when I become inflamed. Interestingly enough, I'm not the one singling people out, now am I? Sure I'm arrogant, but does that make me less right? If I have any "holier-than-thou" attitude, (which I still can't seem to find), it is because I have passion for what I believe in, and I stated it. If you're upset, that's fine. But why are you really angry? Because mean old Leavy-kun is being...mean? Or is it because you know that there's a grain of truth in all my "pompous" words and "holier-than-thou" proclamations?

I make mistakes. I'm starting to believe that posting in this thread might be one of them. But I own up to them. Sometimes I get angry or happy or sad, melancholy or wistful, but I always let people know not only what's on my mind (when asked or feel so obliged), but more importantly, what is in my heart. Tell me, again, Wendy, who is human?

And really, what is age? If my words resound, and I seriously doubt I would have gotten such a heated reaction if they had not, then what does the age matter? Undoubtedly, I will learn more--to try and do less would go against my nature.

And actually, I disagree. Argument, debate, discussion--all three take part in true learning. Is this an unhealthy environment, do you think? I get the impression that you like people complacent, passive. But what you have seen in this thread is more raw humanity than what you will find in the whole of the guild. I apologize if I do not tail my words with "I'm sorry if this offends anyone" because no one can be offended at the truth, least of all me. At least I speak my mind--it seems that most people are willing to wear masks and parade around forums never letting their hearts show.

No, this is the healthiest the guild has ever been. It makes me sad, somehow, that such discussion is frowned upon, such reactions given to words that are so heavy with truth one can nearly subsist off them. You know, I don't think I'm being black or white at all--what we have seen here is all the colors of the rainbow, normally trapped behind blunted words and thick meanings.

Nola, sweet, sweet Nola...I'm sorry to have put you in such a position. For you, I will bring my mind and my tongue to a halt. For tonight. Openness is an end goal, unfit for a single thread and a single night. But before I do, tell me this: you don't really think I meant that I know everyone's path, right? Honesty is only one tiny part of the path, but I fail to see how one can avoid it--all of us walk on honest earth, right? Even the trees that touch the sky with all their splendor are rooted securely to the earth, that earth their roots push at and dig into--how can any living thing avoid it? The seas themselves are planted into rock, and so are we, grounded by the very earth itself which lives and breathes.

And just for the record, Nola, I love you, too.

Love and Vale,
~Leavaros Dapple

EDIT: One huge hug for Kareena! You've summarized essentially exactly what needed to be said from my end, better than I ever could have. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.  

Leavaros

dark_angel_32189

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:34 pm
This discussion has gotten way out hand, and so I'm temporarily locking this thread.

I just want to remind all of you that every single one of you is entitled to your own opinion. You don't have to agree with another person's opinion, and you must certainly don't have to like it. But you do need to respect it, as well as eachother. No one person is right or wrong in this discussion. Each person sees everything differently.

Edit: This is something that everyone needs to learn, at least in my opinion... when to stop. State your opinion, let someone agree/disagree with you, defend yourself, then walk away. No matter how hard you try, no matter how much or how long you defend yourself, you can't make someone change their minds about what they believe/think if they don't want it to change.

There is absolutely no point whatsoever in sitting here arguing about who's right or wrong, because in the end, no one person is right or wrong except for to themselves.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:22 am
If this thread is unlocked, I shall say this.

An' it harm none, do as ye will.

The basic law of our religion. It dictates that we must think about the consequenses of our actions before all else. In a case where telling the truth would rip a family apart, or result in abuse of the verbal or physical variety, then surely concealing the truth is the best option.

However, this thread has been a fantastic example of something I am not fond of. There have been many perceived attacks, major arguements and 'holier than thou' attitudes, as it was so wonderfully put.

So I merely ask a simple question.

If we, as Pagans/Wiccans, with this law and our religion in common cannot learn to accept each other and all our different ways of doing things, how can we possibly expect other religions to accept us?

I myself am very private. Because I know if I was open about my religion,I would lose my home and my soulmate. Not because of him, but because of his Mormon mother.

Just my two cents.  

SwirlingDark

Lonely Phantom

9,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

lightprincess03

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:33 pm
Zsa Zsa

But I question her behaviour sometimes. What I have come to understand is that a witch should never brag about his or her accomplishments, should refrain from practicing magick that interferes with the weather, and never to prostelyze. Yet she seems to do all these things.

I think you are exactly right.

Zsa Zsa

And then a few weeks later she was telling me this story that involved her telling someone else about the spell she did for me. Excuse me? You did what? Is nothing sacred with her? I don’t get it; I don’t understand her lack of boundaries. This is a woman months away from a doctorate in psychology; you’d think she’d know better.

People who act like this and tell the whole world that they are wiccan constantly and spill the beans about every spell they do - are people simply looking for attention.
While my myspace and other such sights do declare loudly that I'm wiccan, that's because I feel it should represent who I am and wicca's a big part of my life. while I have one dagger that I use in rituals to cut fruit and things that i bought, if i know how to make something.. you can believe im going to do that instead of buying it. while there's nothing wrong with buying it she shouldn't be rubbing it in your face.

Zsa Zsa

She attempts to ‘teach’ me things... things I already know, and I am beginning to find her condescension annoying.

I would hate to see the thing that finally breaks us up is the thing that should, by all rights, bring us closer together. I’m not sure how to handle this situation.

I really think you need to sit her down and have a real heart to heart with her. explain that you aren't trying to hurt her feelings first off, but that she's pushing you a little too fast. tell her you're trying to slowly move into wicca so you can better incorporate into your life or something. let her know you like talking with her about wiccan topics and subjects.

Zsa Zsa

How do you conduct yourselves?

I wear two pentacles normally and I have 2 pagan bumper stickers on my car... that i love. lol they are so cute. but I don't go around bragging about everything I do, and the only time it's really brought up in public is if someone asks me about my jewlery or my bumperstickers. or if there's a discussion about religion going on. then i'll briefly mention a few things and offer to talk to them later about if they really would like to know.  
The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff