Welcome to Gaia! ::

The xxxHolic Guild

Back to Guilds

Fans of CLAMP's xxxHolic, you were not guided here by chance -- here you can ponder and discuss, or just hang with other Holic-holics!! 

Tags: crossover, holic, clamp, tsubasa, yaoi 

Reply The xxxHolic Guild
xxxHolic anime Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gonna watch it?
  Of course! No matter what!
  Anime's not my thing... Sticking with the manga!
  I would if I could!!! But my computer can't handle such downloads! T_T
View Results

Malu CLBS

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:29 pm
OMG! Epi 22 is out!!! crying If I only had a faster connection... I wouldn't be grieving... and then my sister wants to take the laptop with her tomorrow. crying Wait has never been so painful...

[Edit]Oh! What the hell!!! I'm going to watch it right now!!! xd
-Yes yes yes... finally the death woman is here eek
-Mmm... if I'm not mistaken, Yuuko went out at that time to do something Tsubasa related? Maybe, the creation of gods? (Shura and Shara countries, perhaps? I don't remember... correct me if I'm wrong, Yue-chan)
-She doesn't understand marshmallows? eek It's just as plain and simple as a puffball of gentle sweetness! xd
-That sounded like bluffing to me, Wata chan!!! LOL
-I don't know... but it seems like Doumeki somehow knows about the future... or maybe it's just a bad feeling, and he can't really foresee what will happen.
-I just remembered... when I read the manga, apart from thinking of this woman as death, I thought it was like Wata-chan's mother or something... and that scene when he sees the picture with his parents goes so much with that thought. eek OMG... what a pair of beautiful scenes, and that sad music... this first season will end in total ANGST!!!

*waits for second part to be downloaded while reading her new Tsubasa manga* BTW, I'm in the part where the Ryanban tells Chun Hyan that he can revive her mother... Bee Train made the first season's last chapter thing anyway??? I mean... how stupid are they? And then they had to re-visit that country just to fix their mistake... GRRR I'm eating squids soon... well, on to volume 4 of Holic... oh... the cover feels so smooth... Woooah! Zashiki Warashi! and the flying dwarfs! LOL I meant Karasutengu. Well, the epi for that was really long and entertaining, and yet here in the manga is short... WHY COULDN'T THE SQUIDS DO SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS THAT?!?!?! ..............LOL!!! Yuuko covered Doumeki with newpaper!!!
... (one arc later) The older of the twins is wearing the same dress that Sakura used once! (it is awfully similar to the one she used in epi 4) Ok... after reading almost all Holic, part two is finally done!!!

-Who the hell are Abbott and Costello? eek
-LOL!!! Watanuki just disappeared!!! rofl
-More angsty music! (I'm loving it crying )
-The way they talk, and how they spend time together... it looks like a mother and son... crying
-OMG!!! He fainted! gonk WATACHAN!!! (Himawari didn't wound too worried though stare I guess she provoked his fainting... since that close-up to their hands was too obvious...

NUUU!! Now I have to wait for the third part... Oh well, I've still got a little more of xxxHolic manga.... I didn't remember that tiny chapter with Watanuki's birthday and the kid of the salt and the little bone (that sounded really funny xd ) OK... I'm done with the manga... (my... this will be a huge post...) Oh, you wont believe this... the bus arc has been published in the official page, and the country has a name!!! It's Darooga. eek OK, they shouldn't have posted that... I wouldn't be proud of it... Also the past of Kurogane is there in the characters page. And yes... him as a kid appears as Haganemaru... This page is spoilery for all of those who don't know! (are there any?) Now that I think of it, most of the female characters in TRC have almost the exact same face... and this shows lack of creativity... Maybe that's why I'm tired of watching the designs for the characters in the anime. I know this is becoming a very big post... but anyway, what should I do while I wait for the last part of the epi to download? Well, sorry for any inconvenience. If you're just here for the review, then WHY ARE YOU READING THIS PART? Go and read the part of the preview if you don't want to see a huuuuuge rant in the middle of the 3 parts of the epi review... I think I'll stop writing now... it is getting way too large...

-Well, this chapter gives the perfect example of two people that want to be together but they can't because they hurt each other (Malu-chan!!! But this one's one-sided!!! scream )
-Why does everybody yell at the telephone as it someone had knocked the door? For god's sake! The telephone won't communicate until you lift the speaker!!! (OK... this was a general rant, not only to the anime...)
-OMG!!! WATACHAN!!! DON'T DIE!!! (Ok... just overreacting here) It must be very disturbing to see that you are coughing blood eek I would die of the impact... well, maybe not sweatdrop

I WANT THE NEXT EPI SO BADLY!!! MORE EMO, ANGSTY, SICK WATACHAN!!! (but the series is going to end soon crying I really hope for a second season) Anyway... I hope at least you enjoyed reading this... As for me, I'm going to bed. Oyasumi!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:55 am
WOW what a review I enjoyed reading it it was funny and exactly the way i think about the episode.

And.....

There must be a second season, I can't live with out my weekly dosis of xxx holic anime and manga.  

Roronoa_Yuna

SailorYue

Lonely Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:46 pm
d..darooga? isnt that the sound one of thosereally old horns make? XP
haganemaru waws mentioned in the episde...hkuro';s own mother called him "steel lord" <_<
the ryanban thing with TRC...they RETUNRED to koyru(now named something else) because ryanban-s son hasa feather in kishimu's home dimension, and kimishimu is being blamed for everyone being evil. (somone mentioned a chibi tonoyo there using a mirror EXACTLY like chunyan/s <_<)

as for the holic ep, your correct about yuuko being away creating gods. i havent watchedthe sub yet ^^;; so im not sure if its kept, but the preveiw showed her in her dimension withch outfit, so theres hope  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:05 pm
SailorYue
d..darooga? isnt that the sound one of thosereally old horns make? XP
haganemaru waws mentioned in the episde...hkuro';s own mother called him "steel lord" <_<
the ryanban thing with TRC...they RETUNRED to koyru(now named something else) because ryanban-s son hasa feather in kishimu's home dimension, and kimishimu is being blamed for everyone being evil. (somone mentioned a chibi tonoyo there using a mirror EXACTLY like chunyan/s <_<)

as for the holic ep, your correct about yuuko being away creating gods. i havent watchedthe sub yet ^^;; so im not sure if its kept, but the preveiw showed her in her dimension withch outfit, so theres hope

Yes, it's named Natsutaya (I think... *checks*) No... Nayutaya. I don't understand why they changed the name... Anyway... I have seen the preview for next epi airing in Japan, and Sakura looks so messed up... emo Yay! I was correct for once! I hope she says something without giving TRC info away. (I mean, by not violating copyright stuff and all that) I'm just downloading xxxholic 22, so I will give my review as soon as I watch it.

[Edit] OK... after 1 hour of waiting for the first part... I noticed this was the epi I already watched... I'm such an idiot sometimes... crying ) Well, I got confused and thought that 22 was 23... but that's not it. Anyway, I'll be waiting for epi 23...  

Malu CLBS

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Malu CLBS

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:32 pm
Epi 23 is on Youtube!!!

OMG! What an emo epi! This is a perfect closing for the first season. I was actually making a more specific review for this epi, but I mistakenly closed my session and the things I wrote were lost crying Anyway, this was an excellent episode. Believe me, you don't want to miss it, especially if you are an angsty wata-chan fan. You'll get a lot of itand it will probably depress you a little emo

This is finally when Wata-chan understands that Doumeki actually cares for him, even if he shows a lot of indifference.

(OMG... Wata-chan's seiyuu is really wonderful...) crying

That last part remembered me of one of FMA's OVAs, in which the audience became part of the cast.

There's still one more epi left, and it is an arc from volume 4 which wasn't shown earlier. It is such a coincidence (or should I say, Hitsuzen?) because I was just commenting about it when I was writing my review at the Tsubasa guild about epi 41. I'm really looking forward to this final epi. I really really wish the anime goes on.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:51 am
it really was a great episode 23.

I loved it it is my favorite episode from now on.

and there must be a second season there was a second season for tsubasa it took a while but there was a second season. So ther must be a second season of xxx holic or as I would like to call it the best series ever!!!!!!!!  

Roronoa_Yuna

SailorYue

Lonely Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:12 pm
episode 24 is an OAV. something about watanuki as a kid with a friend of his or something. doesnt seem to interact at all with the main plot  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:20 pm
Yes... it does look like an episode apart from the plot. Even the official page... the kanjis next to the chapter name are out and... I don't know the other kanji... O_o anyway, it's different than the kanjis from normal episodes... Is it going to be on air tomorrow in Japan?

Anyway... as I said before, it's a mini arc that appears in volume 4 (I know now because I own that volume! xp ) and it is in the final two chapters of that volume. So, if you own it, Yue-chan, then you can see what it is about (the translations for those chapters were really weird in my manga O_o I think I have to re-read them to understand... the last of the chapters, especially)  

Malu CLBS

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

QUICKMAN
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:59 pm
Ok, Malu CBS. Abbott and Costello were comedian actors from around 1940s - early 60's at the latest I believe. All their works were comedy. If you chose to watch some of their works, your best bet would be to order one of Universal Studios Monster Legacy Sets. In my mind, they're known for butchering the classic monsters.

- I have never seen A&C, but I'm am a fan of some those classic monster movies and I spend A LOT of time on Wikipedia.

As for Roronoa_Yuna, just because Tsubasa has a second and most likely third season doesn't mean xxxHOLiC will receive the same treatment.

1: Different Companies
2: They ripped Tsubasa and all references to it out of the plotline. Basterds. The only reference that could possibly show up is if *message blocked because of major spoilers for manga*

Ok, now I have some questions for the show.

1: Was episode 23 really the last episode of the season? (obviously excluding 24 because it says SIDE STORY)? AnimeNewsNetwork says that there is going to be 32 episodes.
2: (only answer if the 1st one is concluded as not being the end of the series) Is all the Spider Arc going to happen in the show because I find that really important to be in the show.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:03 am
ill have to see if there is such a side story/omake in vol 4. i dont think its on the msn site tho sad

as for ann...their wrong. (user suported) 23 is the official number with 24 being an OAV.

i myself know of abbot and costello,only thru TCM and the first tweety bird cartoon with 2 cats named Babbot and catstello. ("A tale of two Kitties") [i think they both voiced their cartoon counterparts] one is a dopey fat guy with a bottle brush mustashe (costello) and the other is tall thin smart and good with the ladies. their movies are comedic and theoir known to get into many hijinks. (Google "abbot and costello who's on first" its a funny ramble between them.)  

SailorYue

Lonely Survivor

Malu CLBS

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:38 pm
Thanks for the explanation, Quickman. mrgreen

Well, I guess they will do the spider web and eye thingy just if they make a second season *crosses fingers*  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:01 pm
Ok: Yesterday, I was snooping around kimihiro.net, and I came across the list of xxxHolic seiyuu. I clicked on Jun Fukuyama-sama's (Watanuki's seiyuu) name, and here's some of the roles he's done that really interested me/freaked me out:
arrow Roy in "Super Smash Brothers Melee" (?!?!?!)
arrow Manticore Phantom and Masami Saotome in "Boogiepop Phantom" (ZOMG! eek )
arrow Yayoi in "Loveless" (ZOH MY FLAPPILATIN' GAWRSH, AND YAYOI LOOKS KINDA LIKE WATANUKI BUT SHORT AND WITH LONG HAIR!!! xd )

And here are some of the parts that Kazuya Nakai-sama (Doumeki's seiyuu) has done:
arrow Roronoa Zoro in "One Piece" (PHWEE!!! 4laugh )
arrow Mugen in "Samurai Champloo" (*glomps* whee )

Then, just for the heck of it, I looked up Daisuke Namikawa-sama (Fay's seiyuu in "Tsubasa Chronicle"), and these specific roles he's done REALLY freaked me out:
arrow Anakin Skywalker in the Japanese dub of "Star Wars" Episodes 1, 2, and 3 (WTF?! eek )
arrow Frodo Baggins in the Japanese dub of "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" ( rofl )

And I'm really sorry if I'm cluttering up the forum with my chatter, but I've also seen pics of Fukuyama-san: Is it just me, or does he look kinda like Watanuki? Y'know, with his kinda messy wild hair and glasses? I have a feeling that I may be the only freak person who thinks so... sweatdrop  

WhitePhoenixRyoko

WhitePhoenixRyoko

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:12 pm
burning_eyes ZOMG!!! I've just started watching episode 3 of Loveless, and IT'S TRUE!!! YAYOI-KUN = TEH WATANUKI OF ANOTHER DIMENSION!!! Waaaaai; I love you, Jun Fukuyama-sama~~~! *glomps Fukuyama-sama, Watanuki, and Yayoi* heart  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:34 pm
WhitePhoenixRyoko
burning_eyes ZOMG!!! I've just started watching episode 3 of Loveless, and IT'S TRUE!!! YAYOI-KUN = TEH WATANUKI OF ANOTHER DIMENSION!!! Waaaaai; I love you, Jun Fukuyama-sama~~~! *glomps Fukuyama-sama, Watanuki, and Yayoi* heart

yay! your a fan of loveless too. yes, yayoi is exactly liek watanuki, but less spazzy. (he cant afford to get too hyper cuz he's asthmatic)

if you wanna hear watanuki/yayoi's VA sing, theres a song called "growing up" but he sings with a rock group so i guesshe's not a very GOOD singer cuz normaly VA's sing solo/ duet (IE: theres 2 VA songs in loveelss, one sung by soubi&ritsuka together ( heart ) and one sung by the zero boys, Natsuo and Youji  

SailorYue

Lonely Survivor

WhitePhoenixRyoko

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:13 pm
SailorYue
WhitePhoenixRyoko

yay! your a fan of loveless too. yes, yayoi is exactly liek watanuki, but less spazzy. (he cant afford to get too hyper cuz he's asthmatic)

if you wanna hear watanuki/yayoi's VA sing, theres a song called "growing up" but he sings with a rock group so i guesshe's not a very GOOD singer cuz normaly VA's sing solo/ duet (IE: theres 2 VA songs in loveelss, one sung by soubi&ritsuka together ( heart ) and one sung by the zero boys, Natsuo and Youji

Heeheehee...now I have funny ideas for fanpiccies...lessee, Halloween, Halloween...hmm...Watanuki as Yayoi...Himawari-chan as Yuiko, maybe? Yes? No? I dunno...Yuuko as Soubi ( xd )? But then...argh; who would Doumeki be? I don't think he'd make a good Ritsuka... sweatdrop

And I watched a little interview with the voice actors and staff that did Loveless...WOW, Jun Fukuyama-sama is NUTS. rofl  
The xxxHolic Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff