Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:09 pm
[Kegan]
I kinda think that Sakurai might just be throwing his previous roster size estimation out the window. He just hasn't told us because he's a troll.

I mean, we already have 30 characters and no confirmed meta-knight. They're not going to cut a fan favorite. Their will be rioting in the streets. People will DIE!

Or... it'll be on the message boards, and people will have their FEELINGS HURT!
Wario, Meta Knight and Lucas/Ness are the biggest omissions at the moment. I don't think any of those three are getting cut.  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:10 pm
I think Lucas will be cut tbh, but not Ness.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:46 am
I think that if Ike's in, Lucas will be pretty safe. At the least we can expect someone from the Mother series to return.

And you're forgetting Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff isn't gonna get cut 4 games in. That would be silly.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:03 am
[Kegan]
I think that if Ike's in, Lucas will be pretty safe. At the least we can expect someone from the Mother series to return.

And you're forgetting Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff isn't gonna get cut 4 games in. That would be silly.
I wouldn't be too surprised if Jigglypuff was just a secret character that we don't know about until release, ala Brawl and the other two games.

Mr. Saturn is confirmed so I'm sure Lucas or Ness will be in. With the surprising amount of veterans from Brawl like Toon Link and Ike, I think both have a good shot.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Aster TheFallenStar

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:31 pm
What if they add in Paula instead of Lucas? I mean, they are in need of more female characters.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:50 pm
Are they? I mean the Smash Bros. series is destined to be saddled with many more male characters than female because the industry for the last thirty years has simply HAD more male characters. Trying to even it up would just force a lot of awkward female characters into the game.

Isn't Paula a healer, anyway? If anything I'd take Jeff over Lucas. He could be a semi-Snake replacement.

Edit: Kinda surprised we're getting so close to E3 and so few new characters have been announced. I'm interested to see what other new content they'll bring aside from Smash Run in order to beef up the package, especially on Wii U.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Aster TheFallenStar

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:00 pm
That would make sense. I can see Jeff in there. I was thinking Paula mainly because, yes she's a healer type kind of character. So, most of her moves would buff her. Probably lowering her percentage or something of that nature. A lot of female gamers were complaining that there weren't many female characters to choose from in smash brothers brawl. So that's why they seem to be adding more female characters to the roster, like Rosalina and the Wii Fit Trainer. The villager as you should already know, has an alternate costume when you can pick a female version of the villager as well. And just to add something, it's a possibility that the link from Hyrule Warriors will be an alternate outfit for Link in smash brothers.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:50 am
I REALLY want them to announce costumes. I'd be just about as interested (if not possibly more) to learn we can customize how our characters look as their attacks. I hadn't thought about Hyrule Warriors Link, though.

It would be neat if the game got updated with the release of new Nintendo games. This could be a living, breathing SSB set of games. The next time a Starfox comes out (lol) we could get new skins for Fox and whoever else, a new stage and new music. When Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are released the 3DS version could get new stages and music. It would not only help sell more copies of SSB for fans of the new games, but promote the new games themselves and keep them in the mind of others.

If Nintendo was really smart they'd do this and use the NFP figures for Smash Bros. It would be a money festival.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:00 am
Do you think they'd release limited edition figures with exclusive costume variations?

I'd be torn between thinking it's cool, and feeling like it was an obstacle to my customization.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:58 am
[Kegan]
Do you think they'd release limited edition figures with exclusive costume variations?

I'd be torn between thinking it's cool, and feeling like it was an obstacle to my customization.
I don't know, the whole NFP thing for Smash Bros. is still kinda iffy in my mind. Are they really going to have 30+ figures in every store? Really?? Not to mention special additions and all that.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:06 pm
If they sell them as blind-boxes or sets of 4 or 5 at a time, it seems like a more manageable number.

It would be kinda crappy if I needed 1 figure for every custom character, but how much data do you think a tiny little NFC chip can hold? and in addition to that, if we're talking about storing a whole roster of characters' data on a chip, even if it's possible, what is the bandwidth or scan speed for these things? How long would it take to synch my whole roster of custom characters?

In the end it might make more sense for them to be character specific, but then if they're blind boxed or I cannot otherwise buy them individually, that would also suck. Unless they released like... the perfect pack.

Btw it'd be like (Lucas (Claus variant), Toon Link (Retro/E32003 variant, Purple pimpin Dedede, whatever Ike, and uhhhh idk MEGA MAN? (Rush variant. lol.)

At launch they would probably release only the most basic ones. So most of my dreams of rare variants are out-da-winder. But they would probably release special variants on a few figures at launch. Like a special mario, a dark link, etc, just to get people buying those blind boxes.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:58 pm
[Kegan]
If they sell them as blind-boxes or sets of 4 or 5 at a time, it seems like a more manageable number.

It would be kinda crappy if I needed 1 figure for every custom character, but how much data do you think a tiny little NFC chip can hold? and in addition to that, if we're talking about storing a whole roster of characters' data on a chip, even if it's possible, what is the bandwidth or scan speed for these things? How long would it take to synch my whole roster of custom characters?

In the end it might make more sense for them to be character specific, but then if they're blind boxed or I cannot otherwise buy them individually, that would also suck. Unless they released like... the perfect pack.

Btw it'd be like (Lucas (Claus variant), Toon Link (Retro/E32003 variant, Purple pimpin Dedede, whatever Ike, and uhhhh idk MEGA MAN? (Rush variant. lol.)

At launch they would probably release only the most basic ones. So most of my dreams of rare variants are out-da-winder. But they would probably release special variants on a few figures at launch. Like a special mario, a dark link, etc, just to get people buying those blind boxes.
Please, no blind boxes. x_x I think sets could work, and they could put some of the super-desirable ones with some of the less-desirable ones too.

Really, it would likely just be virtual tickboxes it would check. This character is using these moves and has these buttons doing these things. Not too complex. The Wiimote could store Miis, btw. Probably pretty similar data.

Those variations sound pretty awesome... I know Skylanders does that. They'll release like an Easter version of a character or crystal versions you can only get at certain stores. I'd be all over that.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:12 pm
I dunno how I'm going to find room in my room and money in my wallet for a bunch of little collectibles. I haven't collected anything for years, outside of piles and piles of ceramics. I find myself buying things digitally just so I won't have another box laying around.

In my heart, I honestly hope there isn't any exclusive content for all that junk, but in my mind I know that would be a financial boon and be wildly popular, and probably help keep Nintendo making great software.  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:45 pm
Meta_Fish
[Kegan]
I kinda think that Sakurai might just be throwing his previous roster size estimation out the window. He just hasn't told us because he's a troll.

I mean, we already have 30 characters and no confirmed meta-knight. They're not going to cut a fan favorite. Their will be rioting in the streets. People will DIE!

Or... it'll be on the message boards, and people will have their FEELINGS HURT!
Wario, Meta Knight and Lucas/Ness are the biggest omissions at the moment. I don't think any of those three are getting cut.
>Not including Capt. Falcon as huge omission. stare

That may be a deal breaker for me.  

Rusti Fire

Aged Humorist

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items