Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Back in the day. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsukinoki

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:26 pm
claru gardeford
ok... now that i look back on what i wrote it's retarded

What i was meaning to say is MOST of those original ftk/otk's cant be used ANYMORE, so i miss being able to use them in tourneys.

As for the blue eyes thing do you mean not playable as in relying on it? or not playable as in useless in a deck. Cause for the former i agree, the latter is crap.

as an attempt to save myself from reading the (long a**) reply i think Mustard and Grav will post, answer this question. Name a CONSISTENT deck that runs blue eyes. (and this is coming from the guy who collects them)  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:42 pm
claru gardeford
As for the blue eyes thing do you mean not playable as in relying on it? or not playable as in useless in a deck.
Useless, period.

A lot better than Theinen, but useless still.  

Space Toad -B

Gravitational Molestation

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:10 pm
Shrab, I will be available to play basically any time tomorrow. When will you be?  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:00 pm
Suppressed-Demon
I read this whole thread and lawled at several different spots. I agree with.....ah hell I forgot after reading so much. Uh....whatever side GM and Mustard is on. I know they are good duelists and know what they are talking about.

As for the whole no skill nowadays, if your playing a match game (best outta three for all the simpletons who don't know what that means) those generic decks you keep complaining about, Blackwings, Six Sams, Galdiator Beasts etc. ARE EASY AS HELL TO BEAT WHEN YOU HAVE A GOOD SIDE DECK!!!!!!!! Side in the right cards, 9 out of 10 times, those decks crumble apart. The other 1 time, you are playing a good duelist who anticipated your side deck, and used their side deck to counter your side deck. Either that, or they just got lucky.

As for no originallity in today's game, that is a load of bullcrap. I run a good competitive REPTILIANNE DECK!!!!!!!!!! I will repeat my self for emphisis. REPTILIANNE DECK!!!!!!!!!! You go to a competition or even your locals and see how many reptillian decks are being played. Not many. And that's not the only deck I have. Probably about 6 others. And 4 more in construction. No originallity? Get over yourself.

I know you said you didn't mean this against any individual, but I want it to be clear that I said the game is LOOSING It's originality. I know There are still some people out there that still think originally like yourself and I. I run a Fiend-Rock deck....I've seen it used before, but not near as much as Blackwings, ect.  

Yusaru

Yusaru

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:13 pm
Tsukinoki
claru gardeford

What i was meaning to say is MOST of those original ftk/otk's cant be used ANYMORE, so i miss being able to use them in tourneys.

As for the blue eyes thing do you mean not playable as in relying on it? or not playable as in useless in a deck. Cause for the former i agree, the latter is crap.

as an attempt to save myself from reading the (long a**) reply i think Mustard and Grav will post, answer this question. Name a CONSISTENT deck that runs blue eyes. (and this is coming from the guy who collects them)

I believe BEWD to be playable...It's just harder to find a deck that can keep it competitive. It's true that BEWD decks are far less useful nowadays, but They are still beast in the right decks (And I mean the RIGHT Decks).  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:13 am
Yusaru
Tsukinoki
claru gardeford

I believe BEWD to be playable...It's just harder to find a deck that can keep it competitive. It's true that BEWD decks are far less useful nowadays, but They are still beast in the right decks (And I mean the RIGHT Decks).

Answer the question! > sad  

Tsukinoki

Yusaru

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:17 am
Tsukinoki

Name a CONSISTENT deck that runs blue eyes. (and this is coming from the guy who collects them)

A normal Deck focused on Defending Normal Monsters and swarming
Skill Drain
Fusion Dragons (Or just Dragons)
Power decks

They May not be as useful, but they still work if used correctly in the right deck, even in todays format. To Each his own. I don't plan on using Blue Eyes, but That's just me. Blue Eyes may not be used much, but that doesn't make it useless.....Just harder to use in todays format. Just depends on who wants to take the time to build a deck for it.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:07 am
Yusaru
Tsukinoki

Name a CONSISTENT deck that runs blue eyes. (and this is coming from the guy who collects them)

Skill Drain
Power decks

They May not be as useful, but they still work if used correctly in the right deck, even in todays format. To Each his own. I don't plan on using Blue Eyes, but That's just me. Blue Eyes may not be used much, but that doesn't make it useless.....Just harder to use in todays format. Just depends on who wants to take the time to build a deck for it.
No. It's not effective, at all. neutral  

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:28 am
Yusaru
I know you said you didn't mean this against any individual, but I want it to be clear that I said the game is LOSING It's originality. I know There are still some people out there that still think originally like yourself and I. I run a Fiend-Rock deck....I've seen it used before, but not near as much as Blackwings, ect.
And as GM and I have been saying from the beginning, it's not.

The meta has rapidly expanded from the beginning, when everyone would literally, play Exodia or Jinzo with every limited Spell card thrown in as a deck.

Point, you don't know what it was like back then. Back then you only remember the duels you had, noncompetitive, with no knowledge of tournament scene.

There was no originality back then. Now there's at least a dozen of decks that are capable of winning tournaments, but back then? Two at a time.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:41 am
Yusaru
Tsukinoki

Skill Drain
Power decks

No. It's not effective, at all. neutral

Maybe not in your book. but it will be to someone who's patient enough to think out a good deck. Under estimating Cards such as Blue Eyes will be your undoing. There're plenty of decks that can use Blue Eyes effectively. Plenty of tricks, but you stereo-type Cards/decks that you're not patient enough to use/build yourself.  

Yusaru

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:46 am
Yusaru
Maybe not in your book. but it will be to someone who's patient enough to think out a good deck. Under estimating Cards such as Blue Eyes will be your undoing. There're plenty of decks that can use Blue Eyes effectively. Plenty of tricks, but you stereo-type Cards/decks that you're not patient enough to use/build yourself.
Effective, as in can take this meta competition. It's not underestimating, it's the truth.

And, lawl, sure it will kid.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:52 am
Yusaru
Wow, another one. Never thought I'd run into another person who doesn't understand that good players, such as myself, can know when specific cards are actually useful. Underestimating a two tribute vanilla 3000 light dragon beater is not going to be my "undoing". If I AM taken off guard I'll just learn from it, find out what was released that made it useful, play the deck, learn it in and out, and learn to recognize it when I see it in tournament play. However, that will not occur. Blue-Eyes is obsolete and decks that utilize it cannot keep up with the current meta. The only thing that comes close are Disaster/Hopeless Dragon builds with Cards of Consenence and White Stones.

Honestly, underestimating me will be your undoing Yusaru.  

Yusaru

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:02 am
Mustard Like Soup
Yusaru
I know you said you didn't mean this against any individual, but I want it to be clear that I said the game is LOSING It's originality. I know There are still some people out there that still think originally like yourself and I. I run a Fiend-Rock deck....I've seen it used before, but not near as much as Blackwings, ect.
And as GM and I have been saying from the beginning, it's not.

The meta has rapidly expanded from the beginning, when everyone would literally, play Exodia or Jinzo with every limited Spell card thrown in as a deck.

Point, you don't know what it was like back then. Back then you only remember the duels you had, noncompetitive, with no knowledge of tournament scene.

There was no originality back then. Now there's at least a dozen of decks that are capable of winning tournaments, but back then? Two at a time.

That's not the kind of "Original" I was talking about. Nowadays you can expect anyone to be using cheap decks....Less strategy, more bruit force. Deck types don't matter. Lots of decks are the same in that they are almost ALL cheap plays. If you think of a strategy yourself, then congrats....But chances are, in tournament play you'll only see cheap copies, no matter what deck you're running.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:13 am
Yusaru
Wow, another one. Never thought I'd run into another person who doesn't understand that good players, such as myself, can know when specific cards are actually useful. Underestimating a two tribute vanilla 3000 light dragon beater is not going to be my "undoing". If I AM taken off guard I'll just learn from it, find out what was released that made it useful, play the deck, learn it in and out, and learn to recognize it when I see it in tournament play. However, that will not occur. Blue-Eyes is obsolete and decks that utilize it cannot keep up with the current meta. The only thing that comes close are Disaster/Hopeless Dragon builds with Cards of Consenence and White Stones.

Honestly, underestimating me will be your undoing Yusaru.

amusing. If I didn't know better, I'd think that you were challenging me. =P  

Yusaru

Domino City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas