Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:39 pm
DrosselmeiersDoll
Calelith
DrosselmeiersDoll

Age?: 22
Tradition?: Neo Celtic wiccan
Names of the Lord and lady?: Hades, Persephone (mostly Persephone is the one I converse with)

and yourself?

The Celtic tradition is not a Wiccan Tradition.

Why are you a follower of a Celtic tradition and following Greek deities?

"There is nothing to fear when you have nothing to lose."

Is there a rule that says I can't? From what I was told any lord and lady that called to you could be the ones who you chose to walk by. You seem to have avoided my question however.

I did answer your question.

It doesn't make sense and can fall under religious misappropriation. Why follow one tradition then go and worship deities from a completely different pantheon?

Then why not call yourself a Hellenic witch? Specially if you're already worshiping Greek deities.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:44 pm
Calelith
DrosselmeiersDoll
Calelith
DrosselmeiersDoll

Age?: 22
Tradition?: Neo Celtic wiccan
Names of the Lord and lady?: Hades, Persephone (mostly Persephone is the one I converse with)

and yourself?

The Celtic tradition is not a Wiccan Tradition.

Why are you a follower of a Celtic tradition and following Greek deities?

Is there a rule that says I can't? From what I was told any lord and lady that called to you could be the ones who you chose to walk by. You seem to have avoided my question however.

I did answer your question.

It doesn't make sense and can fall under religious misappropriation. Why follow one tradition then go and worship deities from a completely different pantheon?

Then why not call yourself a Hellenic witch? Specially if you're already worshiping Greek deities.

I suppose because although my deities have a different background to my actual religion, the Celtic religion has always been quite a part of my personal life. I won't go into detail because I do not wish to bore anyone and I do not like writing about myself in this style but seeing as you seem to be so interested it can not be helped. I hope this helps.  

NadiaGem

6,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Satyr Prince

Tipsy Reveler

6,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:16 pm
DrosselmeiersDoll

I suppose because although my deities have a different background to my actual religion, the Celtic religion has always been quite a part of my personal life. I won't go into detail because I do not wish to bore anyone and I do not like writing about myself in this style but seeing as you seem to be so interested it can not be helped. I hope this helps.
um...this makes really no sense actually. Why are you claiming to be one religion (which doesnt really exist, there's no such thing as "celtic" path wicca.) and then use Hellenic deities? please don't hide behind the "oh i wont bore you with explanations" defense, we genuinely want to know why you say these things. this is a "rehab" center after all, not an asspat center. We need to know why you believe what you do to better de-fluffy-fy you.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:18 pm
Strega Mama
DrosselmeiersDoll

um...this makes really no sense actually. Why are you claiming to be one religion (which doesnt really exist, there's no such thing as "celtic" path wicca.) and then use Hellenic deities? please don't hide behind the "oh i wont bore you with explanations" defense, we genuinely want to know why you say these things. this is a "rehab" center after all, not an asspat center. We need to know why you believe what you do to better de-fluffy-fy you.

how about you stop attacking me and just be nice. I didn't come here to be trolled on my beliefs.  

NadiaGem

6,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:22 pm
DrosselmeiersDoll

how about you stop attacking me and just be nice. I didn't come here to be trolled on my beliefs.

This isn't an attack. She's asking some basic theological questions on your religion. This guild is dedicated to going deeper and on the surface, your beliefs are not consistent.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:34 pm
DrosselmeiersDoll

That isn't an attack. We're trying to figure out why YOU are claiming one path then worshiping deities from a completely different path.

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:40 pm
maenad nuri
---

Looks like they left the guild

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:10 am
DrosselmeiersDoll

I'm not trolling, i'm asking. If you didn't come here to be challenged, why did you come here? Every one of us has to answer for our faiths, show that we're not just blowing hot air, and "doing it right" as it were. we're not picking on you. it shows that perhaps you are insecure if you fly into defensive mode if asked about it. If you had a good explanation, and stood behind it you would answer us.

[i know she left, but i wanted her to read my answer to her response via quoting her]  

Satyr Prince

Tipsy Reveler

6,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100

WolfbaneFenrir

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:55 pm
Greetings! I've just joined your guild after lurking through it for a while. As far as I know, I'm not a fluffy bunny, particularly since I don't really have any beliefs or practices at the moment. I do constantly seek information, though, and so I have joined to do so here, and maybe find a path for myself.

Anything else you'd like to know about me?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 pm
Heyas! After a few days of murking thru a new account because I couldn't recall my old password or email for Gaia, I am back! biggrin

Of course, that would probably be of greater notary if I was anyone important...lolz sweatdrop

In either case, I'm Kuroiban/Kuro/John/Whatever. I have been a member of Gaia since '03 (Ye GODS I'm getting old. @.o) and this guild for a decent length of time. When I joined I wouldn't say I was fluffy...but I would say that I wasn't very firm on some things either.

I'm Asatru/Heathen, and found myself often talking about things I learned here. Recently, I wondered why I wasn't still coming...and that brings us to today. smile

So yeah...good to be bacK!  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:33 pm
DrosselmeiersDoll

Attacking and questioning are two different things. It is, broadly speaking, the method of a majority of the guild's membership to question. If you're saying I follow X religion but worship Y's god...we're going to question it.

Let's change the X and the Y. Let us say you are going to follow the Christian religion (X), but worship Anubis of the Egypt Pantheon (Y). We'd question that. Substitute any combination where the X and the Y don't match, and we'd question it. Heck, maybe even if they do. Questions can be scary...but they are very damn important too.

Questions, hard questions, reveal answers and insight when they are approached honestly. These questions may be stern, blunt, or without pleasant fanfare. That doesn't make them attacks. They remain questions.

If you want to develop in any religion...questions are important. It's just how it is.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:04 am
Hi.
I'm known as Broken here on GaiaOnline. I'm 22 years old,born January 18th 1990 at 1:50am. I am a Capricorn/Aquarius cusp, that somehow also ties into Pisces, so my elements are Earth, Air and Water. If that makes any sense to you at all. And though I do love my birthstone of garnet, I also love Selenite and want to get my hands on some. XD

I am definitely female, and currently working in a grocery stores bakery while doing art on the side. I also like to cook/bake, sew, read and many other things. My favourite flower is the rose, though I love the rare and man-made blue ones. My favourite colours are dark blue and silver. I use the Moon Oracle deck when doing readings.

I have no path that I can claim that I walk on, seeing as I am still seeing which path is right for me. Though I do have a love for the Greek and Roman gods and their mythology.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas