Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SCDream
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:00 am
Ship's Hold

Xeryim stared at the fading darkness for a moment, ignoring what was going on behind him. It was slightly irritating, being reprimanded like he was a child for something almost out of his control. He turned, dusting off his hands as though some speck of Gluttony remained on his pale skin, and glanced out at the crowd. Rinoa had been busy, apparently.

"Do you think your feeble spells can save you?" he asked, crossing his arms over his chest. It was irrelevant, really, as he had no intention of staying long enough for a fight to occur- he was already in enough trouble for dawdling. All the same, it was amusing to rile them up simply to leave at the moment their rage was hot enough to cause damage to himself or others.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:42 am
Ship's Hold

Swallowing her fear, and trying not to think about just how easily Xeryim had managed to kill someone who was supposed to be on his side, Rinoa simply clenched her fists.

Spoiled for most of her life - the adventures with SeeD and her later training with Edea did not completely erase her personality. She had grown and matured, yes, but the little streak of defiance, of rebellion against stronger individuals was still there.

That, and she wasn't as defenceless as she had been before. Even though the Sorceress power frightened her to the point that she had made it a habit to keep a dagger in her boot in case things went terribly wrong, Rinoa looked back at him, an air of challenge in her voice.

She was not a coward, and she never would be. "If you've done what you wanted to do, you can go now."  

queen_qing
Crew

Trae prodigy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:33 pm
Aerith looked on in horror as Xeryim shoved a hand through Gluttony. Quickly, she removed her eyes from the gruesome sight, swallowing hard in an effort to fight back the nausea that was starting to form in the pit of her stomach.

She casted protect on the entire party group. Taking note that Rinoa could also use magic, "R-rinoa..." the Cetra looked over at the other woman, hoping to distract her from starting something with Xeryim.

"What kind of spells do you know...?" It was an important question, because it seemed like they would need alot of defense-type magic, rather then offense. Aerith knew that she could only do so much, and casting on the whole group would take it's toll. If Rinoa could help...they could get out of here unharmed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:52 pm
Ship's Hold

Not only did Xeryim ignore Leon’s question, he did one of the least expected things: he murdered Gluttony. The idea was almost unfathomable. Why would you destroy your own ally? The SeeD gripped the hilt of the gunblade all the tighter. If Xeryim was able to kill Gluttony so willingly, then he was more than confident in his abilities. This would be one hell of a battle.

A sudden surge of power coursed through Leon’s veins. He knew this power… The power of Aura… Rinoa. There was a momentary pause as he closed his eyes, silently thanking Rinoa, before he stepped forward.

Rough Divide… Fated Circle… Blasting Zone… Lion Heart… All were abilities Leon had not used in ages or even hoped to use now. That was when he was still Squall. But now was not the time to reflect. He had to push forward… Keep moving.

The SeeD dashed in silently, leaping and initiating the Limit Break with a mighty slash. Though Xeryim was more powerful than even the Septsinian, this move was a little more than difficult to dodge.

Skwinky
Vice Captain

queen_qing
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Ship's Hold

Rinoa cast a grateful glance at both Rikku and Aerith before answering Aerith's question, taking a moment to think. Aside from practice sessions with Edea, Rinoa hadn't had very much of an opportunity to utilize her inventory of spells, and besides, when Angel Wing took over, she didn't have to lose any of her spells. Quite useful, really, if it wasn't downright creepy.

"I have um...Ultima, Flare, Meteor....status, elemental magic, as well as a handful of defence..." She hadn't needed very much of defence magic, considering the fact that she had Carbuncle as a Guardian, which settled most of her problems. Right now, though, she probably had a little more problem than usual. There was no way she could use the first three massive spells she had listed, because first, this was a ship, and those spells, if used, would sink the entire ship. Or worse.

And Rinoa didn't want to think about what was worse.

Her attention once again diverted to Squall, who was going into a familiar limit-break move, she felt her heart skip a beat as she watched him. Valiant and courageous, it was obvious why his last limit break had the name Lion Heart. Despite the gravity of their situation, she felt a swell of tender affection rise within her; he was always so brave, even when they were in their darkest hour.

Come to think of it, how much had everyone depended on him? Despite his reticence and his loner nature, most of the people she knew gravitated to his inward strength. He had grown to be more of a protector, and the young woman wondered at how much he had changed...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:23 pm
Ship's Hold

"Cure!!" Proclaimed Rikku triumphantly as she used a Curaga on Rinoa. "Woo-hoo!!!" She then threw a Protect spell over at Leon.

"Anyone else need some white magic?" Rikku sighed. This wasn't her favorite thing ever...but at least she was helping. Or at least she thought she was. Actually, though, Rikku had no idea what in Spira they were up against...she didn't know the damage it could do, or if Protect would even help at all. Well, at least she had Cure that she could use for after it did the damage.

Feeling useless, Rikku pulled out a grenade.

"Will this do anything?"  

Quietly Losing Control

MiwaFujiwara

Friendly Genius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:32 am
Selphie grinned when the small GF curled up into her shelter. "You're so cute!!!" She screeched as she bear-hugged Carbuncle. "Can you stick around and play with me later?? I brought my jump rope!!! We can get Pooh to play too!!" Not too long ago, Selphie had been messing around on Rinoa's computer and had come in contact with a cute bear named Pooh who seemed lost. Now the girl was hell-bent on finding her new friend and someone called Piglet. I'm going to be a hero and save them!! And then we can all play games!!

Still hugging the GF like a stuffed animal, she continued to peer out a crack in the shelter to watch the battle unfold. Rinoa was still casting spells, and a new blond girl was cheerfully casting cure as well. Leon and launched into a massive attack on Xeryim, which seemed familiar to Selphie. I know I've seen that one before........but where? Maybe it was when I was grown up and before the meanie lady turned me into a kid......I wonder if he finishes off the meanie, we could go home and I could have a cookie.

Turning from the battle, she looked over at Carbuncle and studied his face for a bit. "Did I see you before at some point? Are you an old friend too?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:51 am
"Will this do anything?"

Without warning, Yuffie dashed over and grabbed the grenade out of Rikku's hand. "Baaaaaad idea, Rikku. We're on a pirate ship, remember? If you use this, you'll sink the damn thing!!" Putting the dormant explosive in her bag, she let out a large sigh. Being on the side lines while everyone else fought was the ninja's idea of hell, but given the delicacy of the situation, and the fact she was still sore from the last time she charged into a battle with Xeryim, she had no choice but to hang back. However, seeing Leon, perhaps the most level-headed of the group, unleash his ultimate attack gave her some hope about being able to get some fighting in that day.

"Hey Rikku....." she whispered so that only the thief and those in the nearest vicinity could hear, "As soon as Captain McHardass finishes with his attack, we'll jump right in, okay?"

MiwaFujiwara

Friendly Genius

Quietly Losing Control

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:47 am
Ship's Hold

Rikku sighed for probably the thirtieth time that day.

"Awwww, I forgot....we're on a boat." She pouted. Rikku supposed she probably forgot that more-than-minor detail due to the ease with which she sailed. And, she had first met Tidus on a boat. Well, their first real meeting and introduction, that is.

"Hmph. Fine. I'll stick to magic." She watched Leon, waiting for him to finish, and threw a Shell spell his way. "I hope that does something."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:21 pm
Aerith sighed, it seemed like white magic was flying everywhere. To her, it seemed like a waste of magic when the blonde haired girl that arrived with Yuffie, threw up another protect spell.

Oh well, maybe she didn't notice that Aerith had already casted it on the whole group. She turned to the girl, "Rikku, is it?" Aerith had heard Yuffie use that name, "If you could help us with magic, I'd really appriciate it." she smiled kindly and turned back to Rinoa, "Ultima and Meteor?" the cetra nodded, "Ok, that's good. If things get out of hand, we can go to the offensive."

Aerith looked over at Leon, "Though from the looks of things, he can handle this..."

Trae prodigy

Quietly Losing Control

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:27 am
Ship's Hold

"Oh, of course. Uh...black magic then?" Rikku changed into her Black Mage dressphere.

"Um...is this like one of those 'Limit Breaks' that I've heard about? Cause I don't know how to do that...But I have items I can use!"

She was coming off as overly eager, she could tell. But hey, wasn't that how she always was? Besides, she wanted to be helpful. She didn't want the others to start treating her like a child, like Paine was always telling her she was. And of course, Paine was so grown-up that anybody seemed immature next to her. So why should Rikku be singled out and called a child?

Rikku gripped her staff.

"Ok, tell me what you need me to do."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:04 pm
Rinoa watched, very much impressed, as Rikku changed quite effortlessly into another outfit.

Wow, that really was a useful skill, she thought, eyes widening slightly. So she was a Black Mage? Black Mages had something to do with black magic, right?

At least, that was what she knew about magic users.

"Um...is this like one of those 'Limit Breaks' that I've heard about? Cause I don't know how to do that...But I have items I can use!"

"I don't really know," Rinoa spoke up, liking her exuberance already. She was alot like Selphie, but an older version, probably. Looking over at Aerith - Rinoa had no qualms about following her directions, if necessary, considering that the other woman knew alot about what she was doing - she nodded at Aerith's words.

Ultima and Meteor if things got worse? Of course. Looking over at where Aerith was glancing at Squall, Rinoa felt a faint swell of pride, as silly as it was.

"Yes, he can," Rinoa nodded firmly; out of everyone here, he was the one she believed in the most.

With an excited little squeal at the hug, tiny paws reached out to hold on to the girl - well, it was more like clinging, and he thought he looked very much like those little koalas now.

Carbuncle remembered her vaguely; wasn't she the one with the yellow sundress? He remembered the Guardians who were junctioned to her once, though. The Brothers were very nice, and although Alexander looked extremely threatening, he was pleasant, too.

Tilting his head with a little noise of assent, he nodded at her last question. Old friend? Well...probably. Carbuncle liked to think that everyone that he protected were friends. Made things easier, really.  

queen_qing
Crew

Diazu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:45 pm
Baralai's eyes widened in slight horror and disbelief as he watched everything take place. Gluttony, a heartless, was killed. Not by them...no. But by another Hearless.

Heartless killing Heartless...has he truely lost it? Was all he could think. Uncrossing his arms, Baralai was sick of it. He was going to fight back now just like the others were planning to.

He took hasty steps to the group that was preparing to cast magic and layed his staff across his shoulder. "While you guys cast magic I will assist you." He said, tone serious.

Tidus had run over during the events, and he was excited to fight. "I may not be able to use my arm, but I can still cast! I'll use support spells! That way we'll hit better and faster!" He grinned widely, ready to begin at any moment.

Not soon after everyone was ready he begun to cast, and within seconds he had casted Hastega on everyone besides their enemy. It felt odd moving so fast, but ignored it as he begun with Slowga on Xeryim.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:27 am
Ship's Hold

”If you've done what you wanted to do, you can go now."

How true that was, but they couldn’t possibly have known his intent. He shut his eyes, trying to block out the whisking back and forth of magic, all of it tinged with that ridiculous whiteness. He sneered at the crippled Blitzballer’s feeble attempt to affect him, grinning as the spell washed away from him. “I told you your spells were useless,” he spat.

His mind was preoccupied with Pride’s ire, and the first slash of Leon’s attack scored a thick line across his chest, slicing through his vest and snagging briefly at his chain. Well dammit! Maybe the slowing spell had done something after all, he mused as he arched back under another blow and slid to the side, looping the chain around Leon’s wrist and yanking in an arc around him, throwing the man off balance and interrupting his attack.

"You missed," he hissed, grinning into his face before releasing the chain and stepping away.

“I am shocked by your impressive display of strength, but I’m afraid it didn’t do much damage. Mostly it’s caused irritation, because now I have to mend my clothing, a task I find extraordinarily tedious.” He walked slightly to the left as he went, not far enough to incite another attack, but enough to move a little, finding his way subtly toward Pride’s other. He had a moment to spare, he supposed, might as well make it worthwhile. “I commend you for your being able to actually cause damage to me, however fleeting it is.” He smiled, tracing a finger across the wound and eyeing with interest the blood now staining his finger. He approached Zexion, tracing the man’s cheek with the reddened finger, leaving a bold red line down the side of the Nobody’s face.

“Zexion, I believe. I have a message for you.” He grinned maliciously, hand dropping to grip Zexion’s shirt tightly and he spun, throwing Zexion hard against the far wall before stepping backward into a portal of darkness. “Hope you had fun wasting all that white magic folks, but this show has to have an early curtain. I’ve got places to be, people to torment. You know how it goes. I apologize, but no autographs."

He ducked out and disappeared.

SCDream
Crew

Xandrei
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:00 am
Hook's ship, Hold

He felt ridiculously useless. Sure, he had this feeling before, but never this bad. Ienzo's brow furrowed as he watched Xeryim enter, taunt, and destroy Gluttony all in one smooth movement. That... had--strangely enough-- been rather expected. Gluttony had failed to take whatever he had needed to take from the small teen, and thus... was just a nuisance. What hadn't been expected, however, was how exceedingly fast Xeryim turned to him. One minute he was silently watching, unable to help or hurt the situation.

And the next, he was breathless, with his back slammed against the very hard wood wall. Vaguely, he felt blood trickle across his cheek, but all of his thoughts were focused on Xeryim's moving lips. He slid to his knees, gasping for air. It hurt to breathe in so hard, and in a moment of panic, Ienzo could've sworn the Prince had crushed his windpipe. A moment later, he had found that it was indeed, still intact. Though he was positive that some of his ribs had cracked with the impact. Coughing, Ienzo pulled himself up, one hand favoring a particular area of his ribcage.

Kingdom Hearts II: [A] [H]eart [R]eborn

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff