Welcome to Gaia! ::

The xxxHolic Guild

Back to Guilds

Fans of CLAMP's xxxHolic, you were not guided here by chance -- here you can ponder and discuss, or just hang with other Holic-holics!! 

Tags: crossover, holic, clamp, tsubasa, yaoi 

Reply The xxxHolic Guild
xxxHolic anime Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gonna watch it?
  Of course! No matter what!
  Anime's not my thing... Sticking with the manga!
  I would if I could!!! But my computer can't handle such downloads! T_T
View Results

Kai_lovergrl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:08 am
I love the manga of xXx Holic. As for the anime, it is good but they draw the characters way too damn long. Plus, on episode 18 when Doumeki and Watanuki saw the other demons walking down the road, the animation on the other demons were really bad. The only detail they made was on Watanuki and Doumeki. I was really disapointed since i know Clamp can do better than that.

I don't really watch Tsubasa, but when seeing bits of that anime, it is good animation and they are somewhat long. I see xXxHolic, and I wonder why they couldn't just draw it somewhat like the same style.

As for episodes, I heard there is was going to be 24 but they were going to release only up to 22 on air. If you want to see the last two episodes, you will have to buy the dvd. And, as far as I can see, the last two episodes are going to be about Watanuki's eye since that is what everyone wants to see in the anime.

They really know how to sell their work, but we know that fansubers are going to get a hold of it and soon will sub it for us. i'm thankful for them.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:35 pm
YAY! Another epi! This time, epi 19, the one with the snowman battle!

-Mokona spacing out looks very VERY creepy
-LOL!!! Wata-kun got fangirl mail!!! XD And Himawari saw it!!!
-I like their coats.
-Oh God! This is a very first!!! Zashiki Warashi and Himawari are in the same place at the same time!!!
-Watanuki! You're such a pervert! An Adult Game?!?! XD
-Doumeki's mittens! They're Sakura mittens! LOL XDDD
-Wow, Yuuko can ice skate with high heels...
-Yeah! The snow bunny!
-WTF?!?! Doumeki's doesn't look at all like the one he did in the manga.
-Creepy Himawari chan O_o her snowman defies gravity...
-Ame warashi is so cocky =_=
-Oh... I wanted Doumeki's original snowman crying This looks like a dumb robot...
-Yuuko has sparkly eyes! Weird...
-Gao?!?! That Snow Mokona makes the same sound as Kurozilla!!! XDDDD
-It's funny how black Mokona makes you laugh and the white doesn't... even though they are the same seiyuu... Must be the lines of the characters.
-That running away music... SO FUNNY!!!! LOL
-XDDDD Yuuko's looks like a funny clone thingy from Star Wars!!!
-OK, this whole battle is really strange...
-Maru and Moro are cheating!!! XD
-The only one? When did the pegasus lose?
-Yuuko sounds like she's drunk! I loved her evil laugh!!!
-He didn't say "my pretty"... Usagi means "rabbit"...
-LOL!!! Yuuko thought she'd win! But its snowman blew its own head!!! XDDD
-Sorry, Watanuki, that was too good to be true...
-Doumeki's igloo of LOOOVE!!!!
-Yeah, so now I understand why this epi was called Unfair xD

O.O Cool... next epi is the one with the frame, and the girls who were at the cliff, taking a picture. I loved this arc. However... it's not coming until August 31! crying We'll have to wait 10 more days...

I forgot a very important crossover from the last episode last time. There was Hikaru's sword from MKR! And again, Sakura's staff and Fai's staff! Again, this was from epi 18, not 19.  

Malu CLBS

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

SailorYue

Lonely Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:29 pm
ne! you forgot maru and moro's arguement over who's turn it is to shovel!! since the pruple one always has a meloncoly voice (the pink one does too, but its less meloncoly) the arguement was so much more kawaii and funny xd  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:51 pm
Yeah, I was going to put it... but I forgot xp  

Malu CLBS

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Malu CLBS

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:08 pm
Yay! At last, epi 20 review! This is a quick review, since I'm doing this after watching the episode.

Very nice epi. This had especially great music at great times. I loved the conversation Yuuko and Wata-chan had in the ending. It looked like Yuuko has seen a lot of cases of a murder's heavy burden.

Anyway, was Yuuko singing Reason (the first ED theme) when she was bathing? It seemed so! Again with Watanuki's funny dances and Doumeki being totally indifferent!!! xd He is so damn cool being so apathetic at all times! Being serious for him works and it is too funny!!! rofl

Nice connection with the Valentine's Day arc! See Bee Train? This is how you make variations for an anime! Having actual scenes from the manga, even if they're not related at all! That way, the author's (this case, CLAMP's) style will be preserved in the anime!

It seemed too quick how the black haired woman pushed the other one... but everything else with that scene was excellent (I loved the woman's crazy eyes after she sees the chocolates... OMG... I love such crazy eyes in any anime!!! You stupid Evangelion! You made me like it! xd ), so I forgive that ^_^

... wow... long parentheses...

Next one is the one with the superstition! Yay! Watanuki's head is almost going to be chopped!!! Hey... wait a minute... this means... burning_eyes THE DEATH WOMAN IS ALMOST HERE!!! I really hope they include her in this season crying and if not... I hope there is a second season...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:55 am
Malu CLBS
Yay! At last, epi 20 review! This is a quick review, since I'm doing this after watching the episode.

Very nice epi. This had especially great music at great times. I loved the conversation Yuuko and Wata-chan had in the ending. It looked like Yuuko has seen a lot of cases of a murder's heavy burden.

Anyway, was Yuuko singing Reason (the first ED theme) when she was bathing? It seemed so! Again with Watanuki's funny dances and Doumeki being totally indifferent!!! xd He is so damn cool being so apathetic at all times! Being serious for him works and it is too funny!!! rofl

Nice connection with the Valentine's Day arc! See Bee Train? This is how you make variations for an anime! Having actual scenes from the manga, even if they're not related at all! That way, the author's (this case, CLAMP's) style will be preserved in the anime!

It seemed too quick how the black haired woman pushed the other one... but everything else with that scene was excellent (I loved the woman's crazy eyes after she sees the chocolates... OMG... I love such crazy eyes in any anime!!! You stupid Evangelion! You made me like it! xd ), so I forgive that ^_^

... wow... long parentheses...

Next one is the one with the superstition! Yay! Watanuki's head is almost going to be chopped!!! Hey... wait a minute... this means... burning_eyes THE DEATH WOMAN IS ALMOST HERE!!! I really hope they include her in this season crying and if not... I hope there is a second season...
she sang reason? i gotta go check that out O_O

as for IG douing the conection to the manga..thats why IG should have gotten TRC that, and another channel. tho i think IG could follow NHK's ruls and still make tha anime tolerable <_<

as for the death woman, according to chibiyuuto on LJ, the y WILL do the woman in the park this season. they aparentkly had an image in an issue of newtype.

and a second season would be GREAT. id LOVE to see the eye arc (doubt theyll get that done by ep 24 sad ) the thing with kohane,...the current mishap with watenuki O_O  

SailorYue

Lonely Survivor

Malu CLBS

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:52 pm
YAY! Death woman!!! That's my favorite arc!!!

[Edit] Confirmed!!! 22 is the death woman arc!!! I'm so happy! The title: Yuuwaku, which means temptation, allurement, lure. O.O

I WANT TO SEE SICK, EMO WATA-CHAN!!! xd heart  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:59 pm
I also just have seen 21 it was another cool episode half filler half not. I liked the dropping in Domeki he looked so good in that red shirt of him... *fangirl scream inserted here*

And yes episode 22 is the death woman arc I can't wait it is one of my favorite arcs.

Whaaa some sick, emo watanuki and helping Domeki stuff

KIAAAAAAAAAAAA!  

Roronoa_Yuna

Malu CLBS

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:42 pm
Epi 21 review! Did you miss me?

-Lol I should copy his way of reading manda... while eating chips! (yummy!)
-Oh God! Doumeki stalks Watanuki in his own house xd
-LOL that Doumeki never ceases to make me laugh!!! rofl He just grabbed them with his hand and put them in the pan! Watanuki! Don't freak out!!! rofl He's really funny freaking out so much!!! LOL LOL LOL!!!
-Lol, I can see the turning into a cow thing! I love it! They added more superstitions to the anime and it feels great! YAY for Production IG!!!
-OMG, Yuuko is really drunk xd
-Wata-chan is a cow!!! Awww... too bad it was just a dream.
-I didn't know cows or bulls roared like that eek
-Oh god! That part was so good! A really nice detail for the anime for the cow superstition.Oh yeah! Angsty Watanuki with scary eyes!!! I LOVE SCARY EYES!!! MOOOOO!
-HAHAHA Mokona went flat! LOL
-Lol, that's a funny scream that Watanuki made...
-AAAHH!! Why did Yuuko leave the nail clippers right there? Wata-chan may die, Yuuko-sama!!! But... anyway, she's going to safe him anyway, so...
-Wow... he really takes long to cut his nails...
-Nice sound... the giant clippers being heard in the distance... scary O_o NOO!!! WHY IS THE SECOND PART OVER??? God... it will take long after it downloads burning_eyes It's 9 minutes long!!! Why can't they make the parts more even in time??? Oh well... I will finish my review tomorrow... because I'm very very sleepy... sorry folks, till tomorrow! blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:56 am
Can't wait can't wait ....

AAAAAH XXX Holic is to adictive.......  

Roronoa_Yuna

Malu CLBS

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:46 pm
OK, here's the rest of the review for epi 21:
-Yay for Yuuko saving Watanuki!!! xd
-It would be interesting to live in a world when superstitions have consequences like that! xd
-LOL, Yuuko became a shaman for a moment XDDD
-I love Chibi Wata-chan! 3nodding also... that piano music is sweet *gets drowsy*
-God, I also want a stalk to float in my tea, so I can get the last Tsubasa chapter!!! xd Although it would also be very VERY sad, the series finishing crying
-LOL... Sorry Watanuki, you'll have to read the second season too!!! And Doumeki's wearing the same clothes as the day before!
-The preview for the next chapter sounded a lot like Evangelion, the way Yuuko narrated it. YAY! I can't wait for that epi xd It will be awesome... that arc was actually the one that made Watanuki my favorite Holic character. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:07 am
Yay episode 22 is now out!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to watch it now!!!!!!!!!!  

Roronoa_Yuna

Calliope Della Corte

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:27 pm
gonk Why are the subs taking so long?!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:43 pm
Calliope Della Corte
gonk Why are the subs taking so long?!
the subs are up to date4  

SailorYue

Lonely Survivor

Calliope Della Corte

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:55 am
Yay! I can't wait to watch episode 22! Except I have to be in class in five minutes, so I'll have to wait until my lunch period. But the knowledge that a wonderful episode is waiting for me shall get me through the morning despite my miserable cold!  
The xxxHolic Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff