Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Protections and Shields ~ Check Last Post Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

loveblackbutterflies

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:58 pm
So... what's happening?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:42 pm
Lesson 6: Passive Protections + 'The Bubble'

So, here we are. We've covered active protections which you use to send something out into the world. A passive protection is a little different. You use a passive protection when you want to defend yourself from outsider influences. This may be when you feel very vulnerable or when you can' identify the source of bad energy being directed at you.

I mostly use this kind of protection because it makes me feel safe and secure with myself. I'm also more fond of focusing energy on myself and protecting myself rather than using that energy to affect someone else.
Of course, different situations call for different protections.

The 'Bubble' is my favourite protection ever. Its so simple and so easy to use. Essentially, its a circle that you cast around yourself.
To begin with I would just cast a small circle around my heart so I could manage the energy and it's kind of easier to carry around.
To cast the Bubble you imagine rolling a ball of energy, like you're rolling dough, and then it starts to grow bigger and bigger until it's a ball the size you require.
As you practice it'll be easier to let it grow bigger and bigger. To maintain it out and about and throughout the day you just remember it's there and sort of 'paint' a layer of energy over the Bubble again.

So, I'd like you to give this one a go. It can be done anywhere and sometimes it's just nice to have it around anyway. So play with the Bubble for a whole day and then let me know how you go on.

Lesson 7: The Distraction

This is pretty simple as well. But with this one it's best to experiment to find a way of doing it that you feel is best.

Now, say you have a pain in your leg. It's been said that if you push on the side of your thumb with your fingernail until it's uncomfortable then it diverts your brains attention away from your leg pain.

A distraction is similar. Essentially, you divert your energy away from what hurts you so that you focus that energy on something you can use in a way that will benefit you.

The way I do this is that if I've got negative energy playing on me then I go swimming. As I swim I visualise all of the negative energy washing off my body in the stream of water.
I also light a candle and put all the negative energy into it. Then...(rather controversially) I blow the candle out which seals the nastiness into the candle. I then bury or break up the candle.

Just doing tasks like this can help distract you away from the nastiness you're feeling.

So how would you distract yourself and incorporate a magical or energy-focused act into that distraction?
This protection isn't for everyone but it can be quite effective if you feel out of options.  

doistu

iy8970970607

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:35 pm
After the talking with you, i tried a bubble.. it was intersting... I tried puting a square bubble around my room.. it's amazing. They're not hard to manage.

Distraction.. I'm distracted enough...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:55 pm
I'm working on getting the bubble right sweatdrop I'm really bad at visualizing unless I'm trying to lock something out and even then its just daydreaming. I'll try again at night, I'm better at stuff at night.  

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200

doistu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:26 am
Laz, I'm glad that you're getting the hag of it. It's my favourite protection and anyone can master it really easily so well done smile

BeautifulPropaganda, don't stress yourself out or worry over it. Just let it happen smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:41 pm
I'm going to try today, hopefully it works. It sounds like it would be really good for school. Unless I accidentally pick up negative energies.  

loveblackbutterflies

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:00 pm
Hey!
Remember that mental shielding tape I told you about that my ma had? This is the same type of thing! I haven't done it in a while so I decided to try it the other day- It was pretty cool, because I'd been feeling pretty bad beforehand after being a bit distraught for some reason. After I tried it, it seemed like all that negative energy pushed away as the bubble grew, if that makes sense. I slept a little easier, too, than I previously was.

I need to give the distraction a try one of these days, though, the last time I was on an airplane, I grew a bit nervous, because it was making all these weird sounds with its wings as it was backing out of the parking station prepping for takeoff. I imagined Hermes sitting on top of the aircraft, guiding it safely. I'm not sure if that constitutes as a distraction, but it did work for me. :] And whenever I got nervous again, I thought of the same thing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:25 am
Great work guys! It's good to know that you're giving it all a go.

The distraction can be very specific. You can only really use it effectively in a particular situation whereas the others can be more general and used at any time really smile  

doistu

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:21 am
I think I finally managed the bubble!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:35 pm
Beautiful Propaganda
I think I finally managed the bubble!

Yay smile This is good news hehe. That's awesome
xx  

doistu

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:36 pm
BASH has something to say!

Lesson 4
I'd like to banish negative energies from my workspace that my grandma and mother often push in. I'm not allowed to burn candles, so I'll try Beautiful Propaganda's method.
I use banishment for negative energies or presences.
Lesson 5
  1. Light the black candle. As you light it, chant "This is your negativity, send it away from me."
  2. Light the incense. As you light it, chant "This is my protection, from you and your evils."
  3. Place nettle and ginger in the blue cloth. As you place in the herbs, chant "I place you away from me, away from me."
  4. Tie the blue cloth with dark ribbons. As you tie it, chant "I bind away your negativity unto yourself, unto yourself."
  5. Pass the blue cloth through the incense smoke. As you pass it through, chant "I keep it away, I keep it away."
  6. Now place the blue cloth on a mirror. Light it with the candle, chanting, "Your negativity and your evils reflect unto you and away from me."
  7. Let the blue cloth and the herbs smolder to ash. Let them cool and carefully go outside and blow them into the wind, visualizing the negativity disappearing from yourself and returning to its origin.

That will be all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:38 pm

Trying the bubble out. It helps if I visualize it blue or purple.

That will be all.

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:40 pm

I've tried distractions. They work very well for me, but the only problem is that the constant flow of negativity from my grandma and my mom would require me to constantly distract, which I do not have the time for. x_x

That will be all.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:20 am
Amazing efforts KillerQueen Bash smile

Perhaps instead of using the distraction all the time you could use the Bubble because you put it up and it stays up?  

doistu

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:47 pm

Yes, I can use the bubble!

That will be all.

The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games