View Results

promised_child

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:33 pm
PoppyDadswell
promised_child
PoppyDadswell
TheBrokenButterfly
promised_child
simply. you dress up for the boss on a job interview, if the pres. of the usa was stopping by for tea would you wear a ratty t shirt and crappy jeans? no. show the same respect to the lord when you enter his house.
Acually, when I am old enough to get a job, I am not going to dress up for the boss, because I would then be expected to do that everyday. And if the president came to my house for tea, I'd walk over to him in my ripped jeans and t-shirt and say "Here have a Mt.Dew." We are always in the presence of the Lord so if you want to be dressed up for him you would have to be that way 24/7. If a poor man comes to the church and doesn't have fancy clothes, so what? The Lord, I'm sure, is not going to say "Oh look at you, your filthy, thats disrespectful, get out." Modesty is a good policy, and that is what we should go by. Other than that the Lord doesn't expect everyone dresses up fancy. In fact this creates a more tense environment at the church I believe. Our pastor, a couple of years ago, requested that the men to not wear a tie because he didn't want guests that came in to feel under-dressed. There's nothing wrong with getting all fancy for church, but there's also nothing wrong with wearing what your comfortable in, if it's modest of coarse.

i agree with you not dressing up for the president but dressing up for God is essential.The president isnt worthy,hes only a man created God.interestingly enough i have beachy amish friends who always dress for God but they dont dress up but dress modestly for God.so in church they are wearing the same clothes as they wear anywear else,just newer and cleaner, because God is always around anytime.however you have alot to learn about real life because very few people,except in low paid,menial ones,would employ someone to work for them and their image if that person hasnt been bothered to dress approiately.a sloppy looking person at an office,in a shop,running a business imply that they are sloppy and careless in their work to potential customers.i know this from experience.

yes the president is a man, but he is the commander in chief of these United States of America, and in such office, he deserves the same respect as the other rulers of nations. I have never seen anyone dress badly before the Queen of England. God has place him there, so we owe the man we elected respect. he ist worthy of praise however he does merit respect.

i am irish and i am christian.ireland was once invaded by the english and exploited by england for centuries therefore irish people do not like the english.there was some discussion as to whether we would let elizabeth windsor come to ireland recently but most people said no so she will not be allowed to come to ireland.ihowever we did premit her husband visit us a few months ago.irish people think its ridulous that the english are so fantic about royalty.talk about a false idol!also irish people are disgused with america's recent behaviour and george bush is a very hated man and not welcome in ireland.his behaviour is not worthy of praise.whenever he has come there has been protests and riots.neither of these people measure up to the might of God.plus as a christian i believe all are equal in the eyes of God-therefore as an irish person and a christian i believe that a queen or president are not allowed such respect as they are no more higher than anyone else.i do believe however,elizabeth windsor met the spice girls and they certainly dressed badly.that awful plastic dress with the british flag on it worn by geri halliwell that showed her underwear was vile.

First, you cannot speak for all of Ireland, because you are not all of Ireland. 2 Queen Elizabeth II is the monarch of England, Whales and Northern Ireland, so much as you dont like her, you live under her authority. Ireland wasnt the only land exploited by England, but it is unfair to blame the current monarch and the people of England for mistakes that werent theirs. as christians we are told by Christ himself to "give unto ceaser what is ceasers" therefore even if you dont like them you should respect them.

Romans 13:7
Quote:
7Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

I am an American. I am a Christian. I am also Irish Norwegian German Scottish English and a whole mess of other things. President Bush merits respect as does Her Magisty the Queen of England.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:37 pm
PoppyDadswell
promised_child
PoppyDadswell
promised_child
i dont think the Lord cares about how you wear your hair. when paul is talking about heads, he says nothing about hair STYLE. styles change.

but the bible doesnt change.why follow style and not the bible?if God didnt care,how we wear our hair how its repeated constantly in the New Testament?

where? verses please.

"In a like manner also,that women adorn themselves with modest apparel with shamefacedness and sobriety;not with broided hair ore gold or pearls or costly array"1 timothy 2:9
"whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair,and wearing of gold,or of putting on apparel"1 peter 3:3

these are some verses i mentioned earlier in this thread.you should have read the other posts in this thread too.

Do you braid your hair, because that is what these verses are talking about. braids jewelry and cloaths. my hair is not braided because it is short. it is short because it is so curly i cant mannage it without drawing blood and using an entire bottle of hair gel, which gets expensive.  

promised_child

PoppyDadswell

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:36 am
promised_child
PoppyDadswell
promised_child
PoppyDadswell
TheBrokenButterfly
Acually, when I am old enough to get a job, I am not going to dress up for the boss, because I would then be expected to do that everyday. And if the president came to my house for tea, I'd walk over to him in my ripped jeans and t-shirt and say "Here have a Mt.Dew." We are always in the presence of the Lord so if you want to be dressed up for him you would have to be that way 24/7. If a poor man comes to the church and doesn't have fancy clothes, so what? The Lord, I'm sure, is not going to say "Oh look at you, your filthy, thats disrespectful, get out." Modesty is a good policy, and that is what we should go by. Other than that the Lord doesn't expect everyone dresses up fancy. In fact this creates a more tense environment at the church I believe. Our pastor, a couple of years ago, requested that the men to not wear a tie because he didn't want guests that came in to feel under-dressed. There's nothing wrong with getting all fancy for church, but there's also nothing wrong with wearing what your comfortable in, if it's modest of coarse.

i agree with you not dressing up for the president but dressing up for God is essential.The president isnt worthy,hes only a man created God.interestingly enough i have beachy amish friends who always dress for God but they dont dress up but dress modestly for God.so in church they are wearing the same clothes as they wear anywear else,just newer and cleaner, because God is always around anytime.however you have alot to learn about real life because very few people,except in low paid,menial ones,would employ someone to work for them and their image if that person hasnt been bothered to dress approiately.a sloppy looking person at an office,in a shop,running a business imply that they are sloppy and careless in their work to potential customers.i know this from experience.

yes the president is a man, but he is the commander in chief of these United States of America, and in such office, he deserves the same respect as the other rulers of nations. I have never seen anyone dress badly before the Queen of England. God has place him there, so we owe the man we elected respect. he ist worthy of praise however he does merit respect.

i am irish and i am christian.ireland was once invaded by the english and exploited by england for centuries therefore irish people do not like the english.there was some discussion as to whether we would let elizabeth windsor come to ireland recently but most people said no so she will not be allowed to come to ireland.ihowever we did premit her husband visit us a few months ago.irish people think its ridulous that the english are so fantic about royalty.talk about a false idol!also irish people are disgused with america's recent behaviour and george bush is a very hated man and not welcome in ireland.his behaviour is not worthy of praise.whenever he has come there has been protests and riots.neither of these people measure up to the might of God.plus as a christian i believe all are equal in the eyes of God-therefore as an irish person and a christian i believe that a queen or president are not allowed such respect as they are no more higher than anyone else.i do believe however,elizabeth windsor met the spice girls and they certainly dressed badly.that awful plastic dress with the british flag on it worn by geri halliwell that showed her underwear was vile.

First, you cannot speak for all of Ireland, because you are not all of Ireland. 2 Queen Elizabeth II is the monarch of England, Whales and Northern Ireland, so much as you dont like her, you live under her authority. Ireland wasnt the only land exploited by England, but it is unfair to blame the current monarch and the people of England for mistakes that werent theirs. as christians we are told by Christ himself to "give unto ceaser what is ceasers" therefore even if you dont like them you should respect them.

Romans 13:7
Quote:
7Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

I am an American. I am a Christian. I am also Irish Norwegian German Scottish English and a whole mess of other things. President Bush merits respect as does Her Magisty the Queen of England.

what you said there was a massive mistake.i am actually speaking about the general air about george bush and elizabeth windsor that irish people view.i personally dont hate a decreped old women on a throne but there are many irish people who do and i was speaking for thhem as they are the majority.i am also from eire,the rep.ireland so i am not under authority,or anyone's authority but God's.however my mom's side is northern and apart of my dad's side also.lets explain that northern ireland,scotland and wales have their independant goverments and can challenge english rules and change them.any irish people from northern and southern ireland feel northern ireland was invaded by the english and never returned,which is historically true.it did happen.however some people there like me,are descendants of the english and scottlish people planted in northern ireland and many of these people want northern ireland to remain as it is.hence the troubles in the north.i do not view a queen or president about the people because we are ALL equal and as for respect well personally george bush is a war criminal and deserving of no respect.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:07 am
how is PRESIDENT Bush a war-criminal?

And as for Queen Elizabeth... I should be so "decrepid" at 80, the woman is in great health.

please give me scriptural evidence where the BIBLE says that you do not have to respect these two World leaders. I have given you scriptures as to why we should respect them.  

promised_child

PoppyDadswell

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:46 pm
promised_child
how is PRESIDENT Bush a war-criminal?

And as for Queen Elizabeth... I should be so "decrepid" at 80, the woman is in great health.

please give me scriptural evidence where the BIBLE says that you do not have to respect these two World leaders. I have given you scriptures as to why we should respect them.

george bush is a war criminal because he invaded 2 other countries (which is wrong),caused chaos and war and has people imprisoned and tortured without trial at guatononmo bay.he allows sends terrorist suspects outside america to be tortured.eg-turkey wants to joint the eu but the eu is refusing because turkey has human rights issues involving the treatment of kurds and torture turkey does to 'terrorist suspects' for...america. turkey has eased off torturing suspects for america to get into the eu so america withdrew an offer to give turkey several million.
as for evidence well what about God's commandment to worship and fear God only?there is other evidence but i dont have time right now to go look.yes the bible does say render unto caesar whats caesars,meaning obey the law not blindly follow your countries leader as he does wrong or place an old woman on a throne and claim that woman is the head of the church! when God is.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:42 pm
I think you are confusing respect with worship. i dont worship any human and i have never blindly followed anybody. I was too young to vote for President Bush. Queen Elizabeth was around 20 when she assumed the throne durring WW2 i wouldnt call that old. she assumed the throne because her brother abdicated, she inherited the throne through her blood line. I only worship God, but i do follow the Bibles command to respect the world leaders, you still havent given me any scriptures supporting your veiw. when you have children, will you expect them to respect you?  

promised_child

PoppyDadswell

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:08 am
promised_child
I think you are confusing respect with worship. i dont worship any human and i have never blindly followed anybody. I was too young to vote for President Bush. Queen Elizabeth was around 20 when she assumed the throne durring WW2 i wouldnt call that old. she assumed the throne because her brother abdicated, she inherited the throne through her blood line. I only worship God, but i do follow the Bibles command to respect the world leaders, you still havent given me any scriptures supporting your veiw. when you have children, will you expect them to respect you?

elizabeth windsor assumed the throne because her father passed away. yes the bible does command respect to leaders who walk with God,others like herod and caesar were to be merely obeyed but not respected.perhaps i am confusing respect with worship but i will never respect bush because of what he has done,the hatred he was fueled in ordinardy middle eastern muslims against christians in the west or will i ever respect as what irish people see as,an aged old women on a throne representing the arrogrance of the english.before anyone leaps to say i'm racist,i have english relatives whose behaviour to me has been disgusting,so i'm talking of experience here.
fact-irish people maybe friendly to english visitors,but we dont like them.its a history thing,the whole invading,turfing people of their land,banning irish language,irish religion (cathoilcism),education for the irish and irish priests.with this ireland when from being a rich country to a poor country.irish people pride their independance from england's grip,which in fairness left ireland in poverty from the early 1600's until the late 1990's,so no one wants an english queen to parade about ireland like lady i for one am not going to respect the figurehead of england because i am aware of what england did to ireland and because my home country is still suffering.with most of my family from northern ireland i feel very at home there,i having been living there studying art all year and will continue to do so for the next 4 years and it hurts to see the violence and the marches from protestant people who were descendants of english marching in catholic areas full of people who are of irish background.the catholics feel this is the colonizers having a taunt and the protestants feel that they are just commerating their background.then the riots start...people get killed...gunmen on either "side" come out at night and give punishment shootings and beatings to the other "side" and so the vicious circle continues...all this began when england plantated settlers of english and scottish of protestant faiths to take land and suppress the local catholics.ireland tried to get freedom for centuries and theres anger that england would not let go of ireland for most catholics and theres anger that england may let go of northern ireland for most protestants.i went to school with protestants and catholics.my faith didnt fit into either cathory but both groups were fine about it and lovely people.so it hurts me that two christain groups are attacking each other.do you understand me now when i say i have no respect for an english figurehead?  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:24 am
PoppyDadswell
promised_child

elizabeth windsor assumed the throne because her father passed away. yes the bible does command respect to leaders who walk with God,others like herod and caesar were to be merely obeyed but not respected.perhaps i am confusing respect with worship but i will never respect bush because of what he has done,the hatred he was fueled in ordinardy middle eastern muslims against christians in the west or will i ever respect as what irish people see as,an aged old women on a throne representing the arrogrance of the english.before anyone leaps to say i'm racist,i have english relatives whose behaviour to me has been disgusting,so i'm talking of experience here.
fact-irish people maybe friendly to english visitors,but we dont like them.its a history thing,the whole invading,turfing people of their land,banning irish language,irish religion (cathoilcism),education for the irish and irish priests.with this ireland when from being a rich country to a poor country.irish people pride their independance from england's grip,which in fairness left ireland in poverty from the early 1600's until the late 1990's,so no one wants an english queen to parade about ireland like lady i for one am not going to respect the figurehead of england because i am aware of what england did to ireland and because my home country is still suffering.with most of my family from northern ireland i feel very at home there,i having been living there studying art all year and will continue to do so for the next 4 years and it hurts to see the violence and the marches from protestant people who were descendants of english marching in catholic areas full of people who are of irish background.the catholics feel this is the colonizers having a taunt and the protestants feel that they are just commerating their background.then the riots start...people get killed...gunmen on either "side" come out at night and give punishment shootings and beatings to the other "side" and so the vicious circle continues...all this began when england plantated settlers of english and scottish of protestant faiths to take land and suppress the local catholics.ireland tried to get freedom for centuries and theres anger that england would not let go of ireland for most catholics and theres anger that england may let go of northern ireland for most protestants.i went to school with protestants and catholics.my faith didnt fit into either cathory but both groups were fine about it and lovely people.so it hurts me that two christain groups are attacking each other.do you understand me now when i say i have no respect for an english figurehead?

hate to tell you this but to the muslims, christians and jews have allways been hated infidels, who must die. JIHAD is not new. its not because of President Bush. their hatred goes all the way back to Ishmael and Issac. there are some less extreem muslims, i know some, but their parents didnt like me because i am a christian, and they forbade their daughters from speaking to us, but they didnt want to kill us. but the Koran, and this is according to a muslim christian convert, orders muslims to kill anyone who wont convert to islam. so their hatred isnt the fault of President Bush. in fact, it may not have been iraq, but the taliban (muslim terrorists) attacked America first. They attacked us, we retaliated. Just like in WW2 when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbour, we retaliated, do not call the President a war-criminal and an evil man for doing what the leader of any country (including ireland) would do. If we hadent done something, more Americans would be dead now. is that what you would prefer, for us to roll over and play dead and let the terrorists continue to kill us on our own soil?  

promised_child

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:15 am

<3

I wear what I wear on a daily basis. Jeans, a t-shirt, sweater-jacket, my piercings, tattoos, and weird hair. xd

I, too, believe that The Lord does not care what we look like. As long as we worship him, and follow his commandments. I think it's a little odd how people force others to look a certain way before allowing them to worship The Lord. Does The Lord judge us based on what we wear? Of course not. Even the nicest looking person can be a satanist who murders little girls to sacrifice to the devil. The Lord sees us for what is inside of us, not outside.

Also, I don't think that The Lord would have us freaking out on whether or not we look okay, or about how uncomfortable our clothing feels at the moment, when we should be thinking of Him. xd

<3

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:01 am
I think it doesn't matter what you wear, if you're a non Christian, God doesn't look badly at you for going to church in whatever you have, if you're a Christian then you should at least dress modestly, after all you are going to worship God which I believe should be a occasion worth dressing accordingly for. I wear dresses, dress shirts and skirts to church, nothing wrong with wearing a dress pants though. Where I live people don't normally wear jeans and shirt to church but in other places it could be accepted, there's nothing wrong with it as long as its modest and fits the occasion. Render your heart unto God and not your garments right?  

savage_linx

PoppyDadswell

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:54 am
promised_child
PoppyDadswell
promised_child

elizabeth windsor assumed the throne because her father passed away. yes the bible does command respect to leaders who walk with God,others like herod and caesar were to be merely obeyed but not respected.perhaps i am confusing respect with worship but i will never respect bush because of what he has done,the hatred he was fueled in ordinary middle eastern muslims against christians in the west or will i ever respect as what irish people see as,an aged old women on a throne representing the arrogrance of the english.before anyone leaps to say i'm racist,i have english relatives whose behaviour to me has been disgusting,so i'm talking of experience here.
fact-irish people maybe friendly to english visitors,but we dont like them.its a history thing,the whole invading,turfing people of their land,banning irish language,irish religion (cathoilcism),education for the irish and irish priests.with this ireland when from being a rich country to a poor country.irish people pride their independance from england's grip,which in fairness left ireland in poverty from the early 1600's until the late 1990's,so no one wants an english queen to parade about ireland like lady muck.i for one am not going to respect the figurehead of england because i am aware of what england did to ireland and because my home country is still suffering.with most of my family from northern ireland i feel very at home there,i having been living there studying art all year and will continue to do so for the next 4 years and it hurts to see the violence and the marches from protestant people who were descendants of english marching in catholic areas full of people who are of irish background.the catholics feel this is the colonizers having a taunt and the protestants feel that they are just commerating their background.then the riots start...people get killed...gunmen on either "side" come out at night and give punishment shootings and beatings to the other "side" and so the vicious circle continues...all this began when england plantated settlers of english and scottish of protestant faiths to take land and suppress the local catholics.ireland tried to get freedom for centuries and theres anger that england would not let go of ireland for most catholics and theres anger that england may let go of northern ireland for most protestants.i went to school with protestants and catholics.my faith didnt fit into either cathory but both groups were fine about it and lovely people.so it hurts me that two christian groups are attacking each other.do you understand me now when i say i have no respect for an english figurehead?

hate to tell you this but to the muslims, christians and jews have allways been hated infidels, who must die. JIHAD is not new. its not because of President Bush. their hatred goes all the way back to Ishmael and Issac. there are some less extreem muslims, i know some, but their parents didnt like me because i am a christian, and they forbade their daughters from speaking to us, but they didnt want to kill us. but the Koran, and this is according to a muslim christian convert, orders muslims to kill anyone who wont convert to islam. so their hatred isnt the fault of President Bush. in fact, it may not have been iraq, but the taliban (muslim terrorists) attacked America first. They attacked us, we retaliated. Just like in WW2 when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbour, we retaliated, do not call the President a war-criminal and an evil man for doing what the leader of any country (including ireland) would do. If we hadent done something, more Americans would be dead now. is that what you would prefer, for us to roll over and play dead and let the terrorists continue to kill us on our own soil?

please dont be so harsh on jews on christians and i knew a few muslim girls at school and they were lovely.my cousin who is christian hangs around with a muslim friend and the friend's family dont mind,but yes they dont mind because our christian would be quite modest which muslim would approve of.
ireland would never attack another country,simply because ireland doesnt have the means (a tiny,inefficent army,no sea or airforce.we are a small island.).ireland is a neutral country since independance which explains why ireland never helped out in ww2.as for rolling over and playing dead well jesus did say to turn the other cheek.america's constant attacks on the middle east mean middle eastern muslims feel they are being picked on and the terrorists are both given reason to fight back and gain the support of their fellow people.if being bullied one of the best things to do is ignore it,laugh at the slurs and act like you dont care,eventually the bully gets bored and moves on (talking from personal experience).  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:01 pm
the terrorists arent just attacking the USA. there have been attacks in Spain, France,Germany,Italy,Jordan, Isreal, England. its just a matter of time till Ireland is attacked as well, and when that occures England and her Allies will defend Ireland because you cannot for the reasons you yourself stated. my previous posts were not about Christians or Jews. I myself am a Messianic Christian. Terrorism isnt the fault of the Americans. We had done nothing to provoke the attack on 9/11. Why would "turn the other cheek" apply to an Islamic terrorist who attacks my country but you wont do the same when you disagree with my posts?  

promised_child

Bane Ad Vitam

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:23 pm
Today I wore longish jean shorts and a polo shirt. I normally more nicely than usual, but it's not that much. Oh, and by the way, I'm Roman Catholic.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:07 am
promised_child
the terrorists arent just attacking the USA. there have been attacks in Spain, France,Germany,Italy,Jordan, Isreal, England. its just a matter of time till Ireland is attacked as well, and when that occures England and her Allies will defend Ireland because you cannot for the reasons you yourself stated. my previous posts were not about Christians or Jews. I myself am a Messianic Christian. Terrorism isnt the fault of the Americans. We had done nothing to provoke the attack on 9/11. Why would "turn the other cheek" apply to an Islamic terrorist who attacks my country but you wont do the same when you disagree with my posts?

i dont think ireland will be attacked because we are too minor a country and do not have troops in a iraq.northern ireland could be attacked to get at england but it would be a waste of time of because we would blame local terrorists.i dont know if england would help us.terrorism isnt the fault of america but america did bring the terrorism on its self invading other countries and killing civilians.as did england and i am disgusted with those english soldiers who were acquitted of abusing iraqi civilians when there was evidence.they jailed the lieutant but not the majors.i disagree with your posts but i am not attacking you.theres a difference.what is a messianic christian?  

PoppyDadswell

reves de tournesols

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:51 pm
I'm a pants wearing Pentecostal. Lol.

The whole skirt and long hair thing is not a requirement to love Jesus. We just believe in keepin the sexes separate. We love the image women to keep their femme appeal. Don't wanna get nothin confused, you know?

I dress normal, pants and all. I keep the skirts for Sunday. We think you need to dress your "Sunday best". Don't by a suit or nothing, just look nice.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff