Welcome to Gaia! ::

Miracle of Life: A Pregnancy Roleplaying Guild

Back to Guilds

A RP guild based around the joy of impending motherhood. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Pregnant, Maternity, Motherhood, Expectant 

Reply Preggy Art Gallery
SD's Artastic Contests!! (Closed) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Capricious Dreams

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:13 am
Been busy, but I have worked the project into my schedule. It should be finished within the beginning of next week if not later today. All I have left is the nit-picky details and shine spots ._.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:10 pm
@Capricious Dreams: Ooh, that sounds promising. cat_3nodding

I'm also posting to let Star know that I'm going to remove my entry so I can work on it a bit more.

I realised that I've been using my reference materials incorrectly (like, I was copying them too much instead of 'referencing') so I want to try to fix it before I post the final one.

I wish I'd read through the rules in the art forum on Gaia sooner. XP I feel more than a bit stupid. Heh. Better go and edit it. ^///^; Sorry. I just don't feel right entering it now though. So I have to fix it. *shamed*  

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Stardust Drifter

Shuffled Ornament

15,375 Points
  • Amateur Decorator 50
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:11 pm
Take as much time as you need. smile I realized that a time limit is no good because people are busy. ^^ It's understandable, once all the entries have been posted then the contest will be over with to decide the winners. ^^

I dont' hold these often :3 but I figure it stretches the creative/drawing muscle. That's why I made this in the first place. To also help people practice. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:08 am
User Image

Okay, there's my next attempt. I don't like the way her face turned out. Tried giving her eyes a new shape (more feline) and forgot to move one of the eyebrows. But it was fun to draw and I think I got in some practise. I liked my sketch version better but with my camera taking such dim pictures, it's easier to see when the lines are inked. Lol. Anyway, not gonna colour (maybe some other time...bit apprehensive about that! Ha ha!)  

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Capricious Dreams

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:22 pm
Finally finished it guys! Talk about a scrunch in time. So little time to do it, I apologize for the wait!

User Image

Everything within this image is copyrighted to me and I am kindly asking that no one use this in any way. This is for my use in the contest as well as however else I, and I alone, wish to use it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:41 pm
^
you just made me not want to finish mine Q~Q  

Quiet Sniper

Dangerous Glitch

Capricious Dreams

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:47 pm
Quiet Sniper
^
you just made me not want to finish mine Q~Q

Oh no, don't say that ⊙ △⊙! I bet yours is a lovely piece! Don't feel discouraged yet (◕ ω◕)ノ  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:12 pm
Capricious Dreams

*grovels before you* I wanna be able to draw like that, I'm having trouble getting my rough sketches down! for the contest.

Love the work though!  

Fallen Akari-chan

Fluffy Protector

4,675 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:17 pm
Damn Cap, that looks awesome. Gonna blow my scribby doodle out of the water (once I get around to scanning it in and post it).  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:20 pm
Fallen Akari-chan

*grovels before you* I wanna be able to draw like that, I'm having trouble getting my rough sketches down! for the contest.

Love the work though!

thank you, it means a lot!

It takes me forever to get rough sketches to look right, but I was lucky enough to just dive right into the outline for this one. The scales killed me though, I found myself huddled in a corner half the time I was working on the tail
ಥ ^ಥ  

Capricious Dreams

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Capricious Dreams

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:21 pm
Viper 9000
Damn Cap, that looks awesome. Gonna blow my scribby doodle out of the water (once I get around to scanning it in and post it).

Now that I think about, I feel kinda bad. I might have overdone myself for this one . _.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:25 pm
Capricious Dreams
Fallen Akari-chan

Love the work though!

thank you, it means a lot!

It takes me forever to get rough sketches to look right, but I was lucky enough to just dive right into the outline for this one. The scales killed me though, I found myself huddled in a corner half the time I was working on the tail
ಥ ^ಥ

Did you scan it into photoshop from paper then colour it? I'm just interested in how people actually make the patterns and such.  

Fallen Akari-chan

Fluffy Protector

4,675 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Capricious Dreams

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:38 pm
Fallen Akari-chan

Did you scan it into photoshop from paper then colour it? I'm just interested in how people actually make the patterns and such.

For this one, I merely sketched it straight on the computer on the SAI program. I draw with a bamboo tablet from wacom, but if you are interested in adding different patterns digitally, it is very simple. All it takes is a simple copy and paste of the pattern you have taken a liking to that you think will fit your image. If you are able to contact the creator of the pattern, such as with DA, you ask them first. Once pasted onto the image all you have to do is resize it, angle it how you would like, change the opacity, and erase the excess bits of the image so that only what you need there is present on the image.

I used a child's wallpaper background for the scales (though I was dumb enough to try free-handing each and every individual scale three different ways.) and changed the color to fit the places I wanted it. This one was a bit more difficult than most are since her tail bends, so I have the pattern blended and chopped up to have the scales change directions as it would on an actual fish.

The same can be done with traditional medias, you just have to play with different kinds of materials; for example, I like to use salt with my watercolors to make a sparkle or starburst effect. You can use almost anything to make effects. If you add color to your drawings, you could probably use lacing for scales( as another example of traditional uses of patterns).

Back on the note of scanning, I normally don't anymore unless I am looking to color and finish something from ages ago, though for beginning into digital art, tracing from an image you have already created on paper is the easiest path to go down for practice.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:57 pm
Capricious Dreams

O_O woah! That's very good!

She's very pretty too. ^^  

Stardust Drifter

Shuffled Ornament

15,375 Points
  • Amateur Decorator 50
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100

Capricious Dreams

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:37 pm
Stardust Drifter
Capricious Dreams

O_O woah! That's very good!

She's very pretty too. ^^

Thank you, I very much appreciate the kind words!  
Preggy Art Gallery

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff