Reply The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]
Your Book of Shadows Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nymphia Moonshine

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:15 am
I am in the midst of making mine. I don't want a book. I want lots of pages with hole punches so i can just keep adding, and have it all tied together with a piece of string or those things you can buy in stationary stores. That way I can personalise it in any way I'd like.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:26 am
Right now I'm going through my third journal-type BoS, but at the same time I've got my spells, rituals, notes on authors, history, and tarot cards written and held in a binder. When I'm done with a journal I'm going to get a spiral notebook and put it in my BoS. I'm also in the process right now of putting my sloppy hand-written notes and spells into a runic alphabet--not only for secrecy, but also just because I want to.  

WelkingPath

Josephine

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:05 pm
I haven't done anything with my BoS for a long while now, but I actually have two.

One is a three-ring binder. I have all the pages in those little plastic sheets so you just slide the pages in and there you go. No hole punching required, and I can move things around if need be.

I also have one that's a nice notebook type thing. It's a more expensive one of the spiral kind, and the pages are blank instead of lined. Not much in there at the moment, though.

I've also thought about starting one on the computer. I used to keep mine on the computer, but that was hard because it wasn't just my computer, it was the whole family's. Now that I have my own laptop I think I could start it up again. It's a thought.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:19 pm
i kinda have 3 Books of shadows. two are typed, neat, organized and kept in a binder, one containing philosophies, the other containing spells and rituals which is more of a grimoire. the third is a marble notebook which is really messy and can't physically be organized. once the marble notebook is full, i'll organized the info in it, add the organized info into the more formal Books of shadows, then buy a new marble notebook.  

ElikAruna

Phantom

k u r a b e a r_x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:20 pm
User Image

Sometimes when you get what you want,
you end up missing what you left behind.

I have a small book, but it's getting hard to organize and since I have a lot of information, typing, or just copying and highlighting pages from books and sticking them in a three ring binder is easier and more natural for me. Also, I backed up my notes about two or three times on my hardrive so I don't lose them! <3

Whether it's your friends,
or time spent with your family.

Or even the music you used to hear in your head.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:27 am
Some people have a two books. One for spells and rituals so you can share it with friends, and a book for your dreams and records that can be more private. A three ring binder would be good for a spells/ritual book so you can take pages out and rearrange them. And a hardbound book for your other one.  

Soleil a la Nude

Reivyn-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:00 am
I currently have a 3 ring binder, but I hope to eventually separate it into 4 different books. Or maybe one really big book with 4 sections.

There's so much that I want to be able to put into it that I had to come up with a way to organize it all.. redface So I went crazy and organized them all into different sections. 4 books with 21 sections.. which I then named into books themselves. I tried to find names that reflected what I was using the book for, but some were really difficult to think up..

Book of Winds = book of swords, book of myths, book of muses, book of laws, book of fates, book of deities.

Book of Tides = book of chalices, book of spirit, book of signs.

Book of Flames = book of wands, book of changes, book of aspects, book of paths.

Book of Sands = book of pentacles, book of dreams, book of blood, book of herbs, book of lists, book of reflections, book of fortunes, book of spells.

Now if only I could find the time to start filling in some of the sections.. My printer is currently broken so I have been slowly writing stuff out by hand. emo  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:48 pm
I write down dreams in my BOS. Actually writing down everything helped me remember all the strange dreams I have. Before I started writing all of my dreams down, I would wake up and forget about them, and later on something might happen and I would have major deja vu. Later, I would realize I dreamed the event happening anywhere from a week to a month ago. By writing them down, I have some tangible proof and I can figure out how often they occur or any patterns.  

Thirrin Lindenshield

Priestess of Sekhmet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:08 am
I draw, I write, I just jot down random thoughts, I use it as my...Well, kinda like a dairy, but more like a best friend who's also wiccan. If that makes any sense.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:56 pm
I actually to the inside out of an actual book to make my book of shadows. xDD I took out the pages and created new blank ones and glued them to the binding. xD
It was a lot of work, but it's kinda nice I think. As for putting in things...I don't have a lot yet. I have the calander, the basic beliefs so far...nothing else yet. I need to preform a ritual before putting one in there I think...
Would anyone agree with me if I said a BoS is basiccly a very intraquite journal for Wiccas?  

gaaras and milk

Willow Wolfblade

6,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:12 am
you should put:
Spells
Rituals
Blessings
Properites and their meanings ((Ex. Red- Passion... Blue- Water, dreams...))
Meditations
Poems
Stories
Dreams
What you think those dreams mean
Notes on how well the spells you've cast worked
Anything else you think that should go in there.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:30 pm
[Helmorana]
I have just recently found the most adorable little notebook that I fell completely in love with. Gotta love book stores.

There's nothing much in it at the moment, except for the Shri Hanuman Chalisa and a few prayers, but it's getting there. A pocket prayer book, I guess, that's what it's going to be. We'll see what it ends up as xd

Oh my god, I have that notebook! XD I fell completely in love with it to, from first sight. I was planning to make it a herb Book  

i-- M a r i e --i

Silence Maximillion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:41 am
I have a tip for you and those who may put Tarot readings down in their BoS:
As you do a reading, write in order the cards you find, their meanings, and your interpretation of what you think the cards are telling you. After the reading is complete and you have recorded it in the BoS, write an overall Interpretation of what you think the main answer is based on your interpretation and the card meanings.

You don't HAVE to do Tarot readings or record them, of course, but if you are thinking of looking into it or are into Tarot, than I recommend it. It really helps you to grow with the Book of Shadows.

Other I recommend are blessings, notes on elements, herbs, etc.
Spells and rituals are also something you should add on, but as it is your Book of Shadows, you can write anything you want to there.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:16 pm
I found an easy way to make a BoS on my comp. I'm using Microsoft Office OneNote 2007. I have six notebooks, they each have different sections, and I can add as many pages as I want to each section. Everything is very organized and I can rearrange anything easily. If I want, I can print everything out so that I can have a hard copy of my BoS.  

AgentAbhorrence

Shameless Dabbler

4,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Anterbok

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:02 pm
Xel'lotath...
Ulyoath
Chattur'gha...

Hm... I have a quick question~ As I am exploring Wicca, though am not an official Wiccan, I have started a Book of Shadows.

Some of it I write in the Theban Alphabet, but, I saw some of you write in the Runic Language(s). May I ask how you manage to do that, seeing as most of the Runic Languages are missing some letters...?

Mantarok...

Antorbok

Pargon...

The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out