Back to Guilds

Tags: Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply Roleplay (dice)
Skull and Shackles Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
DM Draco Moondragon rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

DM Draco Moondragon

6,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:18 pm
((Work Diligently +4, Profession (Sailor) +3))

((Edited the previous post))  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:27 am
In the galley: A large man wearing an apron decorated with random, and somewhat troubling splotches of blood, lumber into the room, "Aye. I see the *hic* Cap'n *spits* be bringing me a new cook mate. You be making enough noise to wake the dead. Alright sonny, step.... *belch* s-step aside. Let a rel reel real man... Ol' Ambross here show you how to cut up a hog!" Brandishing a massive and well used cleaver, the man brings it down on an empty space where Sharpe's leg was just moments before he rolled off the cutting board...
=========================================

For everyone else on deck: Much shouting can be heard from below deck, but nothing can be made perfectly clear. While the work is difficult, everyone works hard enough that neither Plugg nor Scourge has anything to say to anyone and was in fact able to cover for a few mistakes made by other crew member who quietly nod in respect.
====================================

At dusk the ringing of a bell signals the end of work and gathers everyone on deck. Exiting his quarters, Captain Barnabas is flanked on either side by Soji, Morgan, and a young girl, "Alright, I'm on deck so shut yer traps! I'm feeling a bit... generous today, so I decided to end your work a bit early so I can get some nasty business out of the way. While I may not be a good man, I do have a set of codes that I live by. Codes that I expect my crew and those serving on my ship to obey. One of them is simple, 'One crew, one share'. Simply put, we are in this together, we work together or we die together. As such anything I plunder, you lot get a share. Might not be as glorious as mine, to be sure. But I never fail to give a share to my loyal crew. To wit, I do not appreciate theft of any sort amongst us. So with a heavy heart I must lay down the law in this 'Bloody Hour'. Master Plugg, Master Scourge! Bring up Mister Magpie!" Whispers pass between crew members as a miserable shape of a man is brought up from the bilge, his body riddle in various types of injures, "I am sad to say that this man: Jakes Magpie was caught stealing from the quartermaster's store last night and has confessed to his crimes and our laws are as plain as day. For the crime of theft upon the ship you serve...KEELHAUL HIM SLOWLY!" As Magpie screams for mercy, Mister Plugg grabs a length of rope and loops it over the man's head and Scourge ties a length to Magpie's feet. No soon is the knot secured the ropes snap taunt hoisting the poor soul, flailing just a few feet from the deck, Plugg and Scourge position themselves with their backs toward Magpie's head and grasps the rope...

((A Perception DC 15 to notice the look of relish Mr. Plugg's face))

With the snap of Barnabas's fingers, both commanding officers begins pulling the rope, hauling Magpie over the railing and into the ocean. Unfortunately, after a few moments, a choking scream can be heard behind you as Magpie is pulled back up. As he passes the railing, a torrent of blood washes the deck as you can see his back is completely shredded. In this horrific moment you realize what's happening, The rope is looped around the keel of the ship and the man is being dragged through the field of barnacles underneath.

The second time Magpie goes under, the look on Plugg's face becomes more obvious. When Magpie resurfaces, his cries, no more than a hoarse whimper and his back containing less flesh. The process is repeated ten more times until the ropes go slack and what is brought on deck is just a set of scored ribcage attached to some legs. "I think that should impress upon all of you new recruits on how I run my ship. Now head downstairs to the gallery for dinner. I'll have the cabin children bring you your rum rations for the evening afterwards. We still have plenty, if you want more, just ask. Last word of advice: Do not harass the cabin children. They belong to me. If they go missing or a hand has been laid upon them, keelhauling will be what you'll be begging for." Turning around to retire to his chambers, you notice that he leaves alone, the three that accompanied him early most likely left some point during the keelhauling.  

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

DM Draco Moondragon

6,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:36 pm
Xavier was shocked, but not entirely surprised. He knew the laws of the sea as well as any man, since he was born on it. Keelhaul for theft, huh? Sounds about standard... What a way to go, though. Glad I'm not the kind to steal. That is not a fate I'd want to share. After getting the order to head to the galley, Xavier gladly obeyed, especially where it was mentioned that there was rum involved.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:13 pm
Harper pulls Sharpe off the table and says "Easy does it, sir. Can't just be laying you down anywhere."
Harper does a little bow and says "I'm Harper, sir. I make noise to wake the dead so that you know where I am, like tying a bell on a cow, so it is. I'm the new cook's mate. 'Ambross, bless him,' they were saying up top, 'Works his fingers to the bone.' So they looked us over and pointed to me and says 'You there, wretched vassal! You look like you got a working head on your shoulders! Go down below decks and see if you can't help out hard-working Ambrose, as he deserves a helping hand so he can take it easier.' Or at least, that was my interpretation, sir."
Looking at the cleaver embedded in the spot where Sharpe just was, Harper scratches the back of his head and says "I'll do my best to learn from you, Master Cook."

==================================================================

Harper averts his eyes as the guy goes around the second time and says "Mother of Gods..."  

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100

Kuyote the Fool

Beloved Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:28 pm
Hearing the Captain's voice call out, Esbjorn made his way over to where everyone was gathering. He was proud with his work for the day, no slip-ups or anything, a good day's work.
After listening to the Captain's speech, Esbjorn agreed with the man, he seemed fair enough. Given the circumstances of his 'recruitment' aboard this ship, it didn't seem like a very bad place to work..And he was currently looking for work having completed his last job recently, so he couldn't really complain. Keep his nose clean, don't steal, work hard, everything will be smooth sailing.

When the man was tied up and keelhauled, Esbjorn kind of spaced out. He knew of the punishment and seen a few in his days, never a pretty sight, but it did send a clear message to the rest of the crew. Sure, he thought death for stealing was a bit harsh, but if that's the rule aboard the ship then you obey it..Besides, stealing's for cowards and weaklings, he had it coming.

After the display and the bloodied ribcage flopped on deck, the Captain ordered them to go eat and then that beautiful word came to his ears, 'rum', oh, the thought made him so happy. They also were allowed to ask for more, apparently. An offer Esbjorn would not pass-up.
As the Captain departed, Esbjorn nodded in silent acknowledgment to his words and waddling his way downstairs eagerly thinking of food and rum.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:02 pm
Kuyote the Fool

After the display and the bloodied ribcage flopped on deck, the Captain ordered them to go eat and then that beautiful word came to his ears, 'rum', oh, the thought made him so happy. They also were allowed to ask for more, apparently. An offer Esbjorn would not pass-up.
As the Captain departed, Esbjorn nodded in silent acknowledgment to his words and waddling his way downstairs eagerly thinking of food and rum.

Harper does below deck along with the others. After sitting down with some chow, Harper comments to the Dwarf "Don't get too excited. When they say 'Rum', they mean 'They get rum'. We get grog."
Sipping at it, Harper says "I get to work with a tipsy cook who nearly mistook the injured guy for the mystery meat of the day."

Letting a few awkward moments pass and thinking of some small talk, Harper says "So, Esbjorn... What's the story with the leg, if you don't mind me asking?"  

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100

Kuyote the Fool

Beloved Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:03 pm
Cowpies77

The dwarf sat down and gobbled up his food, which was decent-tasting enough, better than some ship food he'd eaten. Then the rum ration came, to which Harper chimed in mentioning they get grog instead of rum..Rum would've been wonderful, but grog wasn't bad, he was accustomed to the taste and considered himself fortunate to have something to drink.

"Ach! Well I guess it's better than nothin', eh?", he said rather disappointed to not have a cup full of rum. He then chuckled at Harper's next comment about the cook. That didn't give too much hope for the meals ahead.
"So maybeh weh should take note of when other crewmen disappear, eh? They might juss' wind up in the stew", he said with a jovial tone and a laugh.

The next thing Harper said brought up brought a smirk to Esbjorn's lips. the memory of the event made him a little angry, but his vengeance had been sweet. Never being one to dwell on negatives, the dwarf smiled and took another gulp of his drink

"Well, lad, to make a long storeh short, I was boardin' an enemy vessel when a mountain of an orc grabbed meh from behind threw meh overboard..Had I been standin' on meh own two feet it would'na happened. But I was attacked by a shark, havin' some bleedin' wounds on meh already. The sonuva b***h bit meh leg, but as he was chewin' it off I chopped his fackin' head off with meh axe!", Esbjorn said with a hacking motion of his arm as if to be chopping the shark's head off again right there at the table. He then looked Harper in the eys with a sadistic grin on his face, "He may have gotten meh leg, but I got his life"  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:32 pm
Harper comments back "Little known thought, but when I have to deal with sharks, I pet them on the nose. People say to punch them, but honestly, I don't think they know how hard it is to really punch a shark right bop in the face when it's eating you. Petting though, that calms them right down. Word to the wise though, Dolphins are assholes. Just... don't trust dolphins. They're sneaky little bastards."  

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100

Jacior

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:27 pm
Damien listens to Harper go on about dolphins and sharks. "You do realise he's full of crap, right? He's never been attacked by a shark before." He took a swig of his drink, possibly the most well mannered pirate ever seen, and set his cup back down. "He's right about the dolphins though. Crafty little pricks they are..." He gave Harper a knowing glance. I know I'll never be stealing anything on this ship... Though, if I need parts...  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:34 pm
Jacior

Kuyote the Fool

"Of course I've never been attacked by sharks. I pet them and they love it and then we're friends that go our separate ways. I'm cool with the sharks." Harper says, putting his right hand over his heart with the left one raised. Crossing the fingers with his left hand, he says "Me and sharks are like that. And I'm that one on top."  

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100

Kuyote the Fool

Beloved Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:31 pm
Cowpies77
Jacior

Esbjorn let out a loud belly laugh at Harper's comment. He had to be joking, petting a shark sounded like the dumbest thing he ever heard of. Sounded like some of that peace-loving crap some sailors would spit, trying to be pacifists in a world of violence..Fools.

"Ya muss' beh tryin'a ******** with meh, lad! A shark ain't gunna roll over'n let'cha rub his belleh like a bloody dag. I'd sooner cut the sum-b***h's head off than try bein' friends with it", he laughed more with his words. Maybe Harper was just trying to make light of the situation, but petting a shark still sounded like a complete joke that he seemed very devoted to.

The other man, his name escaped Esbjorn, seemed to know Harper and jumped in on the conversation. He spoke of dolphins..They indeed were sinister creatures.

"Aye, dolphins beh trixy little devils. Sharks do'n hide their savage nature, they are what they are. But dolphins..Deceivin', they are. Though I would'n mind eatin' a shark or a dolphin right now!", as he ended his sentence with the joke Esbjorn began to laugh once again, slapping Harper on the back.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:45 pm
Kuyote the Fool

"Ya muss' beh tryin'a ******** with meh, lad! A shark ain't gunna roll over'n let'cha rub his belleh like a bloody dag. I'd sooner cut the sum-b***h's head off than try bein' friends with it", he laughed more with his words. Maybe Harper was just trying to make light of the situation, but petting a shark still sounded like a complete joke that he seemed very devoted to.

as he ended his sentence with the joke Esbjorn began to laugh once again, slapping Harper on the back.

"I said rub their noses, not their bellies. That's where you'd run into trouble. Trust me, I'm an Undine. Shark petting is third nature to us. I've also tickled trout into submission before. Tickle them when they're chilling under a rock, and they'll just stay reeeeeeally still, to the point we can yank 'em outta the water."

Getting slapped on the back, Harper winces and flops over, faking death while drooling into Damien's pants  

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100

Kuyote the Fool

Beloved Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:17 am
Cowpies77

Rolling his eyes as Harper took his words far too literal, Esbjorn took another gulp of his drink.

"Well, an undine, eh? I should'a known. I'm not one fer makin' friends with tha fackin' fesh, I juss' eat 'em. But I think I'll beh callin' yeh Aqua Lad or Feshboy from now on!", finishing with another hearty laugh, Esbjorn turned to Harper's friend.
"Oi, what'cha think'a them names? Fit our little friend o' tha feshes, don't it?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:08 am
Kuyote the Fool

Harper, not moving from his dead position, says "I think it sounds a lot like you want me to poison your food. But what do I know? I'm just the guy that cooks all the food."  

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100

Jacior

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:06 pm
Damien rolled his eyes. "If you're gonna be down there, Harper, you could at least get my pants off and do it right." He grinned at the dwarf while he was talking. "I just call him Harper, sometimes Pinhead or Brainless. It all works and at least he knows you mean him." Damien took another drink and bopped Harper on the head. Letting his own head drop lightly to the table he whispered to the Undine drooling on his pants. "That's real smart, threatening to poison people on the first day!"  
Roleplay (dice)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff