Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Protections and Shields ~ Check Last Post Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:58 am
Good luck on your exams!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:33 pm
I'm sorry, but, is it too late to join in.
(I've caught myself up with all previous lessons. ^^)  

iy8970970607

doistu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:46 pm
Not too late at all. Welcome.

Could you pm me evidence of the previous homeworks just so I know you're caught up?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:35 pm
Oh yes of course.
Just let me transcribe Theban into english into type ^^
I shall send it once finished.

( OMG's my handwriting's horrible.)  

iy8970970607

loveblackbutterflies

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:23 am
So is the hold up that some people haven't been able to hand in homework or at least notify you that they've read the lesson? (Real lives can get quite frustrating when they go in the time of your fun world. )  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:17 pm
loveblackbutterflies
So is the hold up that some people haven't been able to hand in homework or at least notify you that they've read the lesson? (Real lives can get quite frustrating when they go in the time of your fun world. )

No no! I'm sorry. I've had a lot on recently. I assure you that the next lesson will be going up tomorrow. My exams just got a little too much for me and I wasn't able to think and focus on the class.
But that's all over now and I'll be back in full force tomorrow.  

doistu

loveblackbutterflies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:59 pm
That's wonderful to hear, I'm glad it's over for you now. I can't wait for the next lesson! xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:19 am
Lesson 4: "Active" Protections + Banishing

Ok. Hi again everybody! I hope everyones been ok. I'm really very very sorry for the hold up but I've been so busy with my exams. Hopefully, I'll have done well enough to get into my chosen university smile .

Anyway, back to the lessons smile

This lesson and the next will cover what I call "active" protections.
An Active protection is a defence you send out into the world. For example, a banishing. You actively have to act (haha if thatmakes sense) in order to defend yourself.

A banishing is active because you have to send something away. Whether its negative energy, a nasty person or just something you feel is effecting you in a negative way.

So, doistu's favourite banishing is as follows:
You will need a black candle, a white ribbon and either sage/lemon/clove incense. If you can't get the incense above then Dragon's Blood will be ok...I think that's fairly available.

To begin with you need to get into a nice quiet place and light your incense. This can be where ever you choose. You'll need your visualisation for this one so you need to be relaxed and comfortable.
Allow the scent of the incense to overpower your sense of smell and begin to build energy in a way you choose.

Tie the white ribbon around the candle and say:
"White for purity, truth and light.
Take away the things that grasp me so tight.
Banish the trouble, hold back the bad,
Give me the freedom that I once had."

Light the candle and visualise what you want to banish getting sucked into the candle. As long as the ribbon is tied around the candle then what you want to banish won't be able to get out of the candle and back into your life. As the candle melts it'll seal the ribbon to it.
Keep the visualisation going until you feel what you want to banish is gone.
If you can, bury the candle in a place where it will never be dug up.

That's it smile It's not complicated and it can be a really liberating experience once you've completed it.

So your task for this lesson is to tell me about something that's imposing on you and your life, something you want to get rid of. Then you can choose to either perform the above banishing or you can create your own that's more specific to your needs.
As always, if you feel that somethings particularly private then feel free to pm the task to me.
At the end of the class, as part of the final assignment you'll be required to explain the results of the banishing. If it worked, if it can be improved and if you would do it again with another thing.

I hope you enjoy the class and let me know smile xx  

doistu

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:47 am
I do something similar to that, since I'm not allowed to have candles or insence in my parent's house:
Take one square of black cloth and a ribbon [I use a white one, but that's because it's all purpouse].
Take one piece of paper and a pencil.
Write down the negativity on the paper and fold it up and put it in the cloth.
Tie the cloth with the ribbon and say something if you want, I usually just ask the Gods to get rid of the negative force.
Leave it on your altar for about a day.
When you're done, bury it somewhere [if you have a place to bury it] or put it in the trash.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:03 pm
Well done guys! Great effort.

Just a little discussion starter I thought might be good.

In what cases might you use a banishing? Discuss lol.
xx  

doistu

iy8970970607

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:45 pm
Perhaps in the use of destroying an entity's affect on a place or person/s.
or, to remove a spirit summoned or bound to a place.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:12 am
Ephemeral Lazarus
Perhaps in the use of destroying an entity's affect on a place or person/s.
or, to remove a spirit summoned or bound to a place.

Good but be a bit more specific. I like that you're thinking on a mundane and a magical level. That's great smile

Also, is it necessarily to destroy? Or perhaps to drive away...  

doistu

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:17 pm
Hey!
I've done this one before! I even wrote it down so I wouldn't forget. It's a part of a mini spell folder I'm compiling.
Oh, before I begin, the correspondences are what I've found work for me. It may not be the same for everybody.

here goes:

This active banishment was made to forget and forgive the emotional strain one of my ex friends put on me after a few complications we were having. She started some rumors about me and my craft, and, eh. It's a long story. I had to get rid of the negativity she was sending out though. So. That is where this comes in:

Supplies:
1 black ribbon- For banishment
1 red ribbon- for action
1 small white candle

steps:
1: After cleansing and energizing these items, I took the two ribbons and tied them together, then to something at the end to anchor them (like a drawer handle).

2: I lit the white candle. (this can be any type of candle, so long as it wasn't too big and I wasn't going to use it for something else. Tell you why in a sec.)

3: I twisted the two ribbons together, occasionally tying a knot as I went along to symbolize closure. As I weaved, I said:

"I weave my attachment into this ribbon. May it never follow me."

4: Towards the end of the weaving, I chant:
"Forget and forgive.
live and let live."

5: afterward, I took the woven ribbon and the candle, and buried them both at the edge of my backyard.

About a week later, the friend that caused me a bit of trouble with her rumors stopped talking to me. (save for the one time she said "hello" at lunch) The rumors died down, and I pretty much had a normal rest of the year.
Like you said, Doistu, it really WAS a liberating experience.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:44 pm
Thank YOU Chaos. Well done and I'm glad everything worked out for you.

Just a note, I know not many people have returned to Lesson 4 so I'll be sending a pm and then I'll put up lesson 5 the day after. Love to you all xxx  

doistu

The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games