Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tales Series Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for "Tales of..." Series fans to discuss these amazing games and more. 

Tags: tales of, tales series, videogame 

Reply Organized Roleplaying
Tales of Zeal: Niflheim's Final Stand (FULL) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ac-null13

Lupine Deadeye

10,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:05 am
User Image
Zaul Oleander
The One-Eyed Gunman
══════════════════════════

That confused look on his face lingering, Zaul blinked at the two as he put his pistol back in its holster. "Uh...huh. So eatin' souls is yer thing 'n a lord named Death created yer hometown. You two're startin' ta soun' like yer from the afterlife 'r somethin'." If not that, a whole 'nother world at least. Which actually wasn't that preposterous of an idea when he thought about it, considering Aselia used to be split into two worlds with neither side being aware of each other until just a few years ago.

Welp, looks like Ah'm gonna be payin' th' room fee aft'r all, Zaul thought as he watched Maka take the bed, An' then some.

Looking to Soul, he replied, "Yeah, this place 's both a tavern 'n inn, with th' tavern part 'f it bein' downstairs. Ah'll show ya down." He proceeded to open the door, but stopped for a second and did a bit of a double-take. He thought he had seen something flash, but a quick look around showed that there was nothing around that would give off light that bright. "Musta been my 'magination..." he muttered under his breath as he stepped out.

He held the door open with the intent to close it himself after Soul would come out. "Ah reckon we should get somethin' fer Maka too?" he asked.

iTheGoddessMartel

User Image
Jade Curtiss
The Necromancer
Location: Near Hima | Company: Some sort of fox-woman. (Krystal)

Jade's smile didn't falter, but he was actually a little perplexed at the question. Space travel was a feat that the people of Auldrant did not yet achieve, so he hadn't heard of that word being used to refer to locations in outer space. "I'm afraid I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'system'," was all he could reply with.

His expression turned serious when the fox-woman told of her home planet of being destroyed. For a few moments, it made him think back to when the destruction of Auldrant itself was a very real concern. He and his friends were fortunately able to prevent that from happening, but from imagination alone, he had a vague understanding what it must feel like to completely lose one's home. "...I'm sorry to hear that," he remarked.

That cheerful smile returned as he picked up from her last statement. "I see... There appears to be a village down at the foot of this mountain. I suggest we try to consult the locals to confirm our whereabouts." A short pause before he went on to ask, "What is your name, by the way?"

Sirea Angelie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Armed Recon Robot

Quote simply directed a small shrug at Leon. It wouldn't do to stand around in the middle of nowhere forever, and he had no idea where they were. He began walking in the direction that he had pointed in with a small nod- He intended to scout ahead, but would come to Leon's side if the man encountered trouble.  

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Fedora Warrior
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:09 pm
User Image
Rhone Craft
Location: The World Tree | Company: Pissed-off blue-haired guy...and friends. (Yuan, Kratos, Azura.)

Rhone slowly approaches the others and raises his hat so he can meet their eyes.
"I sensed that the mana here was still pure, despite the decaying state of the mana in the world. I had to see if it was because of the world...sapling. I collected a sample from a highly corrupted area and exposed it to the mana here. Once it got close enough to the sapling, it was instantly purified and destroyed."
He places his hand on his chin and begins pacing back and forth.
"If we could find some way to harness that purifying energy we could combat this corruption...if I could get a lock on the source..."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:53 am
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Yuan Ka-Fai, Kratos Aurion, and Azura Cantarella
The Guardian of the World Tree, The Traitor to Heaven, and the Azure Shadow
═════════════════════════════════════
Location: The World Tree | Company: A strange-looking Elf. (Rhone)

"Tch...I see..." was all the blue-haired seraph could remark at the explanation, still irritated.

Now Kratos began to look visibly perplexed. "The 'decaying state of mana'?" He looked to his colleague. "Yuan...what's happened?"

He sighed, beginning to look less tense. But his mood didn't seem to get any better. If anything, he looked more...weary from stress. Where to even begin? He was dying to know already how Kratos returned, and who was this woman he trusted to bring into the domain of the World Tree, but it was in better interest to bring him up to speed on the current state of the world.

"Much has happened since you transcended the boundary of communication, old friend," he began as he crossed his arms, "Long story short..."

Yuan went on to explain about the earthquake that rocked the world several days ago, and the effects that followed—the corrupted areas that are blanketed in shadow, the miasma filling the caverns and forcing the world's population of Dwarves to the surface, and the time anomaly that has put all the world under the same time right down to the second. He told of Ratatosk's message relayed by Emil to him and their allies, that the Spirit believed this all resulted from Niflheim's reaction to the seal in the Ginnunggagap becoming secured.

Kratos simply nodded attentively throughout Yuan's story, absorbing the information. Azura took a glance at Rhone pacing, then went on to stand a few feet before the World Tree's sapling. She was sure the distance wouldn't unnerve Yuan again. She quietly stared at it in deep thought, but was still listening intently.

After his explanation, Yuan looked to Rhone with an arched brow. "You... I have to question how you got the impression that it's 'decayed mana' that the corrupted areas are filled with..." He had received reports that hinted otherwise, but delegated not to speak about them until the stranger elaborated on what he meant.

Azura spoke up, still staring at the sapling. "I will admit that I don't fully understand how things work here—well, obviously. I'm a foreigner to this world. But...judging from what Sir Kratos has told me about this tree, it sounds to me like harnessing energy directly from it, in this state, might put strain on it. Would it be possible to...instead, replicate these purifying qualities?"

Kratos looked over at her and shook his head. "While that sounds like a good idea, I believe the qualities of the World Tree are too...unique for that to be feasible."

Fedora Warrior

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

iTheGoddessMartel

Devoted Prophet

6,375 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:06 am
User ImagexxxxUser Image

Maka Albarn - Soul Eater Evans
Location Hima || Mood Asleep Content || Company Zaul
Mana 100% 100% || Stamina 5% 32% || Overlimit 0%

Soul looked at Zaul and nodded before covering Maka up and going to the door. He was quiet for a few moments, thinking about what he should do to get them home. And, give Black Star a painful beating for sending them through a portal, even if wasn't his fault. He then looked back at Zaul as he mentioned Maka. "Yeah. She put herself through a lot to get off off that floating city. I'm surprised she made it long enough to get us on solid ground. I should have fought them and let her rest more, but she was insistent on leaving them alone." Soul sighed And stopped to cross his arms and think. They had no idea where they were, and Maka wasn't able to find out because of him. It was just like her to worry about him more than their current situation. But, that was what made her a good partner. "We're not dead. I guess it's safe to say we're from a different world. Maka can tell you all the details, but where we come from, it's our job to eliminate kishins to prevent chaos. That's why I eat their souls. It also makes me stronger. Anyway, is that door the tavern?"

[[ -- ]]

User Image

Zaul Oleander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:35 pm
User Image
Rhone Craft
Location: The World Tree | Company: Pissed-off blue-haired guy...and friends. (Yuan, Kratos, Azura.)

Rhone's eyes light up as Yuan explains the source of the corruption.
"Of course!! If the corruption is coming from niflheim it explains everything!"
He locks eyes with Yuan and his expression turns serious.
"Listen, the mana in the shadow areas is...becoming something else. I'm not entirely sure what sort of energy the demons of niflheim use, but that's what it's turning into. That's why I say the mana is decaying. If, over time, mana slowly left the world, life would adjust, but sharp change in energy like that...that'd kill almost everyone. But if it's coming from niflheim, everything's explained! The mutated monsters, the sick feeling most people get from being near or in corrupted areas, the strange combat high and violent urges I felt when I was getting the sample...everything fits!"
He turns back towards the sapling and crosses his arms.
"If only the tree was mature enough to manifest its spirit...then perhaps someone could form a pact with it. That would be a good weapon against the corruption. As it stands, however...hell, I've got no idea."

Azura Cantarella

Fedora Warrior
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:34 am
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Yuan Ka-Fai, Kratos Aurion, and Azura Cantarella
The Guardian of the World Tree, The Traitor to Heaven, and the Azure Shadow
═════════════════════════════════════
Location: The World Tree | Company: A strange-looking Elf. (Rhone)

Yuan furrowed his brow, returning a look just as serious. "I...can't deny that falls in line with the reports I've been getting. My subordinates looking into the matter termed it as an energy that opposes mana, is a literal reverse of it...our theory was that there were sources generating it, but how did you figure that mana was actually being converted? If that is true, it appears the demons have somehow gotten smarter... The sample...were you actually able to get close to a source? How did you not fall ill like the others?"

Azura's ears twitched at the mention of the tree's maturity. "Hmm. Accelerating its growth is unnatural and just might cause more problems. Not that I actually have the means. But perhaps giving it strength while leaving its state unaltered..." Her glance turned downward from the tree and upon herself as her hands opened her coat and began to search beneath it. In a few moments, she brought out a flask in each hand. The liquid within both containers were clear, but the one in her right seemed to give off a blue glow while the one in her left was more silver. Staring contemplatively between them, she made her way back toward Kratos and Yuan.

"Hm? What have you got there, Azura?" the former asked, noticing her approach.

She mused out loud. "Hermes' Water restores vitality and cures any sickness. Water from the Lemurian Spring does that as well, but additionally slows down aging in people. No telling if it could do the same to plant life, but in any case, that's not a desirable effect here, is it?" She put away the flask that was in her left hand, the Lemurian Springwater, and held the remaining one higher. "I cannot tell for sure what exactly this water might do to the tree, but I firmly believe it won't be anything bad. This is holy water from a world called Weyard, produced by a fountain in a sacred place called the Mercury Lighthouse. You don't suppose your friend might want to hold onto this and think of giving it a shot?"

Once Azura was close enough to him, Kratos took the flask into his hands to take a good look at the substance, as Yuan was a little preoccupied at the moment. By his perception, she wasn't bluffing—he was certainly sensing a divine quality in this water.

Fedora Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:14 pm

User Image
Aeris Gainsborough
The Flower Girl

Currently With: Seras; Emil is nearby

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Aeris blinked for a moment when Seras mentioned that there was someone coming, which had her wonder who it could be. "Do you know this person?" She asked. From the way it sounded, it could be an enemy. However, she was relieved to hear that it wasn't Sephiroth. "Friend? If only it were so. Sephiroth is more of a threat now. If he's here as well, there's a chance that this world is in grave danger." She could sense that there was something wrong with this world, yet she was unsure if it was Sephiroth's doing or not. Then again, it could be someone or something that was either native or a foreigner like herself and Seras. What also caught her attention was the fact that Seras couldn't go into the sunlight. "Can't go into the sunlight? How come?" She asked then she caught notice of a blonde male walking through the slums. She then looked to Seras. "Is that the person you're talking about?" The boy didn't seem to be a threat, though for now she would rather be safe than sorry.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

User Image
☆ ★ Krystal ★ ☆
Telepath

Currently With: Jade

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

From hearing Jade's reply, Krystal could tell that he had never left his home planet before. She thought of the best way to explain it to him. "A system is a set of planets that orbit around a star. There are alot of systems out there in the universe. My home planet, Cerinia, and the Dinosaur Planet are both in the Lylat System. Though, I wish I could tell you where your home planet is." She frowned a bit. "I've traveled through the Lylat System to find answers before I ended up here." She then gave a slight nod when he mentioned about speaking to the locals in the nearby village to confirm their whereabouts. "Yes, that is a good idea. I don't sense the distress signal here, though it won't hurt to ask around." She then held her hand out to Jade to offer a handshake. "My name is Krystal."

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User Image
♪♫ Tear Grants ♫♪
Mystearica Aura Fende

Currently With: Cross, Mamizou

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

Tear had listened to Mamizou as she mentioned that she knew someone who was known for their unique voice. "Is she a melodist as well?" She asked. It would seem that Mamizou had came from a hard-working town, which was good. She then glanced over to Cross. "Healing artes do come handy, especially during battle. You have mentioned that you're a Planeswalker, was it? What exactly is that?" She had never heard of such an occupation before. To make it even more strange, Cross talked as if he was from a different world.

As she looked around the town, she caught notice of Mamizou picking up a couple of leaves. When she apologized, the Melodist shook her head slightly. "Don't apologize. You've done nothing wrong." For all she knew, Mamizou could be collecting leaves as research on plant life. She had been reading the signs all around town, then stopped in her tracks. "Excuse me for a moment." She said to Cross and Mamizou as she went over to a merchant that was selling items. She spoke with the merchant, then soon was given a map. When she took a look at the map, her eyes widen in surprise when she noticed that the map wasn't one of Auldrant at all. But it was one for a world called Aselia. That would explain why she wasn't familiar with the town or the area near it.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Lord Lee Major

Devoted Bibliophile

10,800 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:15 am

Lord
«The Wild»

╔══════╗
Current
╠══════╝
Company:Dart
█▀██▀██▀██▀██▀██▀██▀██▀██▀██▀██▀██▀██▀██▀██▀█

"You know it's the strangest thing, I fell out of the sky from a portal... and that sounded completely stupid, didn't it?" Lord chuckled, "As for where, I haven't got a clue, Instincts are telling me something is that way," he nodded his head in a random direction, "Though they are telling me to avoid it to for some reason. Then over that way," he nodded in the opposite direction, "they are telling me it's safer. Also saw that there were fewer trees that way too when I was, you know, falling." Lord remained quiet for all of two seconds, "So long do you think you cutting me down is gonna-"

*SNAP*

"OH COME ON!"

*BAM*

"...ooooowwww." Groaned Lord as he lay twitching on the ground. He slowly pushed himself into a sitting position and started squirming his way out of the vines, "Why do you torture me?"

((AN: Because it amuses me.))

█▄██▄██▄██▄██▄██▄██▄██▄██▄██▄██▄██▄██▄██▄██▄█

Lee
«The Strategist»

╔══════╗
Current
╠══════╝
Company:Vash

'What is this man's fascination with donuts?' thought Lee, He only became more puzzled when Vash started rambling on about a flying cross, 'is that a new kind of animated?'he shook his head riding the thought from his head, "I have unfortunately have not seen such an item." Lee then started walking in the direction that Vash had pointed, truthfully a random direction was better than nothing at this point, "However, if I see it I'll be sure to inform you. Now I suggest that we go find some sign of civilization. For all we know this could be a planet with three suns and continuous daylight, and I for one like to go while I can still think straight."

Major
«The Knight»

╔══════╗
Current
╠══════╝
Company:Angry Woman(Yoko) an Kid(Maiku)

Major looked at his fellow travelers with a keen eye, "I heard the word 'Flanoir' from several vendors on my walk through town earlier... that and 'Lezoraino'. I'm just assuming that both would be locations or large organizations at this point. I also saw a harbor at the edge of town from the church roof."

((OOC: Sorry this took so long, my laptop has been acting funny for the last week or so.))  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:08 pm
User Image
Vash the Stampede
The Humanoid Typhoon

"Ah, well. It was worth a shot, right?" Vash rubbed the back of his head spoke no more of it. It was a long shot anyway. "For all we know? Hey, that means you're from somewhere else too! It's nice to know that I'm not alone." His own circumstances were strange enough, and now others were apparently appearing as well. Vash wondered if other people were losing their possessions as well. What would happen if they lost a valued item like he had, or their only means of self-defense? He hoped that everyone would be okay.

He paused and fell slightly behind as he thought of these people, gravely talking to himself for a moment. "I'm sure glad that we're both all right..." He brightened back up again. He would just make sure to help everyone that he could, starting with Lee. "I see something off in the distance. Looks like a town! And look, only one sun. That's half the amount that I'm used to! Come on, this will be great!" Vash did indeed see the town: Triet. He walked at an enthusiastically quick pace, but he would slow down or speed up as necessary to stay with Lee.

User Image
Gilgamesh
The Famed Swordsman!!

With another crackling of branches and leaves, a familiar figure (to Dart, at least) leaped out of the forest, holding a long katana aloft, which would glint in a too-conveniently placed ray of sunlight. It was almost as if he had planned ahead to have that happen. Given his previous appearance, this seemed likely. After landing with a resounding thud (actually sending up little clouds of dirt at his feet), he spoke.

"I have arrived! And if it isn't my elusive opponent, what's-his-name!" He struck another series of ridiculous poses, oblivious to the conversation that had just been taking place. It appeared that he was going to challenge Dart again, but he actually ended up putting his weapon away, causing it to fade into motes of light.

"My Gilgamesh-senses were right! There was clearly danger here. I told you that there would be an ambush!" He laughed triumphantly. "I shall assist you in your defense against the unfamiliar monsters of these woods. We shall resume our battle later- perhaps in a nice dungeon! I'll be able to search for swords after I win!" He barely even seemed to notice Lord, but was clearly glad to "reunite" with Dart.  

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:29 pm
User Image

User Image Dart Feld User Image

Swordsman of Revenge

Currently With: Lord, Gilgamesh

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Dart blinked for a moment as he listened to Lord's story. "You fell from the sky?" It did sounded strange, yet hearing that he came here through a portal did explain some things. "If I had been from around here, I would've thought you were crazy, but I too came here through a portal. Well, I didn't fall from the sky though. I also met a swordsman who also came here through a portal as well." Knowing that they had came into this forest through portal, it didn't seem like he was going to get any answers. It was then Lord fell to the ground, which had the red-clad swordsman wince slightly. "Are you going to be alright?" He asked as he sheathed his blade and climbed down from the tree.

It was then a familiar swordsman lept out from the forest. Somehow I had a feeling this guy was gonna come after me. He thought to himself. "It's Dart." He said when Gilgamesh referred to him as 'What's-his-name'. He was about ready to draw his blade once again until he noticed that Gilgamesh had put away his weapon, which was a relief on Dart's part. He was also glad that the strange swordsman offer his assistance as well. He then walked over to help Lord get up on his feet. "Since the three of us have no idea where we are, we should stick together and find a way out of this forest. Hopefully we can find a nearby town." He said, nodding to himself. He figured that Rose and the others would have done the same as well.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:25 am
Leon of Gond
--------------------------

"Well, at least it's better than standing around." Leon muttered, following Quote's lead and keeping his eyes open for any attackers. This place was unfamiliar, and he didn't want to be ambushed by some band of thieves or monsters.

Seras Victoria

"Yes that's him. Now shut your bloody mouth and come on." Seras hissed, moving further down the alley, "I'll explain later right now we need to get away from that guy." Something about this blond man was putting Seras on edge, and she couldn't tell what it was. All she knew was that she didn't want to stick around to find out what it was that worried her, she wanted to get them somewhere quiet where she could explain things.

Yoko Littner

"Well, maybe we could ask around when I stop freezing." Yoko said, still shivering from the cold. She wished she'd been dropped off with her jacket at least.

Cross Malaki

"A Planeswalker is one who can travel through..." He stopped when she went to go get a map, moving around to see what she was surprised about.
"Are you not a native of this land?" He asked, looking the map over. It was as he'd thought, this was where the college was, according to the map. And that meant they could get some answers.  

RP_Master_Jak

Invisible Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Junior 100

Youkai Saint

Generous Mage

11,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Survivor 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:16 pm
User Image
Mamizou Futatsuiwa
The Uncaught Tanuki Disguiser
~
Current Form: Human

Company: Unknown Girl (Tear Grants) and Unknown Man (Cross Malacki)

Such a sweet girl, this Tear, telling her not to apologize for her activities. Tear asked if the person she mentioned was a melodist as well. Mamizou smiled and shook her head. "Not to the same extent, I'd say." Mamizou giggled. "But there is someone else who she hangs around that I would describe as a melodist." Mamizou told Tear.

The melodist excused herself for a moment to go speak with a merchant. Mamizou could not help but wonder what sort of currency was used here, and if they'd need to have some to get by. She pushed those thoughts aside for the moment as Tear returned, having gotten a map from the merchant. Tear seemed shocked, so Mamizou took a peak at the map herself. It was definitely not the Outside world she was looking for. Aselia. This was most troubling. Any thread of hope that Mamizou had that this was the outside world she wanted was gone.

Mamizou did not want to bring suspicion to her character, so she could not reveal herself to be from another world as well as nonhuman just yet. She would have to act as though she was from this Aselia still, for a while longer, at least.
"What seems to be troubling you, Tear?" The tanuki asked the melodist, keeping up her guise as a resident of this world.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:33 pm
User Image
Zaul Oleander
The One-Eyed Gunman

Zaul and Soul had begun their descent down the stairs as soon as the latter had begun talking, and arrived at the lobby by the time he had finished his first set of statements. When Soul made for a silent pause to think, he hadn't responded, slightly stunned at what he just implied. Zaul had snapped out of his stupor by the time he asked about the tavern, but did catch on to what he explained about his world.

"Ya first turned up in a 'floatin' city'? That...that's gotta be Exire." He took a moment and turned his stare at the ceiling, recounting all the times he'd caught a glimpse of the city drifting high above the earth, as well as what he was told of it by his mother. "Y'know...Ah 'preciate that yer friend trusted her gut. Exire...that city's full 'o people like me. Half-Elves." He looked to Soul again with a bit of a solemn expression. "Ta put it simply, Exire's a refuge. My kind can face some purty brutal discrimination down here, so up there's where they can enjoy th' most peace."

He gave a sigh of release, clearing away feelings that were threatening to become heavy and seemed to lighten up. "Anyway...Ah see. Ah'll take yer word fer it. Actually, it ain't all that hard ta believe...ta me, anyway. Ah mean, considerin' this world was split in two fer some thousands 'f years, if that don' spark th' thought that more worlds could poss'bly exist, then Ah don' know what will. Heh."

He looked to the door that Soul indicated and nodded. "Yep, right through there. Why don'tcha go right on ahead? Ah gotta see th' tavernkeep ta cover the expenses, n' Ah'll join ya aft'r. A meal's included with use 'f th' room, so order whatever ya want."

iTheGoddessMartel

User Image
Jade Curtiss
The Necromancer

Jade nodded his head attentively. "I see. Universe-travel is beginning to sound like a fascinating subject, but of course, I must save my questions for later." He extended his hand to duly take up her offer. "I am Colonel Jade Curtiss, Third Division Malkuth Imperial Forces." After the handshake, he turned on his heel but glanced at Krystal over his shoulder for a moment. "Now, shall we?"

He started to lead the way down the rest of the path at a leisurely pace, ensuring Krystal could keep up.

Once they entered the general area of the town, Krystal's appearance seemed to turn the people's noise and chatter a few levels down in volume. Not to mention, it also attracted stares and sent around hushed whispers. The general feeling in the air was that the people of Hima started to perceive a threat among them. Jade quickly understood this, and it secured his conclusion that there wasn't a race of fox-people in this new world either. The people were mistaking her for a monster. Fortunately, he knew just how to clear this up.

He habitually gave another push of his glasses up the bridge of his nose and smirked. "My, my Krystal, your costume appears to be very well made, to turn this many heads!" he exclaimed with amusement in his tone.

And at that, there was an almost humorous collective "Oh..." that resonated across the crowd. The people then dispersed and went on with their lives.

There was a man nearest to Jade and Krystal that began to voice annoyment. He appeared to be rugged and of early elderly age. "Oh for Martel's sake, lady, if this is your idea of a joke, it ain't very funny. Especially with what's been going on these days, don'tcha know?!"

Jade maintained his bright smile as he addressed the old man. "Now now, there's no need to be cross here, sir. What's been happening?"

The old man gave the two a weird look with a stink-eye. How could they not know? "That huge earthquake several days ago? People finding places where monsters've gotten crazier since then? That ring a bell any? Biggest concern's that those monsters could start ripping into the towns at any given moment!"

Sirea Angelie

((Thought I should leave Krystal something to do, namely, have her be the one to ask the whereabouts. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. You can control the old man if you need to.))  

ac-null13

Lupine Deadeye

10,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

iTheGoddessMartel

Devoted Prophet

6,375 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:09 pm
User Image

Maiku Yamayaki
Persona-User
Location Flanoir Church || Mood Confused, Cold, oddly Pleased || Company A man (Major) and a woman (Yoko)
Mana 100% || Stamina 95% || Overlimit 0%

Flanoir. He wasn't familiar with that city. Then there was this "Lezerano" he mentioned. Sounded like a business. A harbor....Who in their right minds would want to come to this place? It was freezing. Maiku jumped a bit when a woman suddenly spoke up, and his face turned red a bit. Not because he was embarrassed, but because he hadn't seen her before then. At least, he hadn't seen her approach them. 'Ah....Th-Thank you...." Maiku wrapped the cloak around him and stood, which made something fall to the ground and make a loud clattering sound; which, in turn, earned him a scolding glare from one of the other people at the church that seemed to be praying. Giving an apologetic look, he bent down to pick it up. He had thought it was his iPod, but when he saw the gun, his eyes widened a bit and he just sort of froze. An Evoker? What is...this doing here? I gave mine back when I left SEES.... Maiku picked it up and looked at it, and saw SEES engraved on it. It was definitely an Evoker, and the one he had. He could tell because he had painted an image of a crescent moon surrounding a sun on the bottom of the handle. "...I'll be able to see Mother Moon again...."

[[ -- ]]

User Image

Lord Lee Major

RP_Master_Jak

User ImagexxxxUser Image

Maka Albarn - Soul Eater Evans
Location Hima || Mood Asleep Content || Company Zaul
Mana 100% 100% || Stamina 5% 32% || Overlimit 0%

Soul listened as Zaul explained Exire and what it was, which pretty much answered his question about why the people there were so tense. It made sense now that he thought about it, and now he just felt bad for wanting to fight them. They were just doing what they had to do to keep themselves safe. "Yeah. Leave it to Maka to catch on to that sort of thing. Sorry to hear about how tough life must be for them. I wouldn't have hurt them anyway. Not into creating orphans." Hearing Zaul say that his world used to be split in two, Soul's eyes widened a bit. That was surprising, and he indicated that it wasn't split anymore. Whatever could merge two worlds together was something that would give even Lord Death a run for his money. "Uh, thanks....I'll try not to eat the place empty." Soul left Zaul to do whatever it was he said he was doing and looked around. It was a small place, but there was plenty of food to go around. More than enough for his empty stomach, and definitely enough for Maka.

[[ -- ]]

User Image

Zaul Oleander

Organized Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out