Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Pridelands [IC]
[Event] Introduction of the Heir Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skeleghetti

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:01 pm
User Image

Usiku appeared again from behind Sitare, walking closer to the other lion. She smiles and said "My name is Usiku, Its nice to meet you Ganthet' She motioned for Sitare to come say hi as well.

Cajanic

Depawsit

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:04 pm
Freyja smiled on, bowing her head politely.

"My name is Freyja. And I agree. The pride took me in as well.. They didn't need to, and it was kind. The Prince is young, he can learn. He's not... Stupid." She chose her words carefully. It was nice meeting a like-minded male and she moved slightly closer, sitting.

"I hope there's no danger to him. He looks like a good sort, at least, from here."
Cajanic

Eris did not expect cubs to join in, let alone juveniles, but the adolescent's tail switched and she blinked.

"I suppose if he's to be our king, he deserves to earn it. He's not born here and he may care not for us."

Her eyes shifted to the adult speaking to her, green eyes flashing in a bright flame.

"Are we not allowed our feelings and opinions? Perhaps not all agree. Are we to be blind, numb, and mute? We don't know this interloper. We have ours to think of first then an outside king who may abandon us in favour of his homeland."

Of course... There was no way she's allow the future king to screw them over, even if it meant high treason to relieve him of his life. She preferred a royal born in-pride. Her grandmother was a princess. Maybe she'd do better. Yes, she liked that, vain as she could be-- but she did not say so.
Hopefolly

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:22 pm
User Image

Jivu smiled faintly. "Yeah, he doesn't seem... so bad. But I don't know... it's hard to see a whole lot from way back here." Maybe he would have had a better view if he hadn't been looking for a place to hide away in. He had been more concerned with making sure he wasn't allowed too much attention than seeing what the prince looked like.

Now he kind of wanted to know, since she had made it seem like something he should have been more aware of.

"It... It's nice to meet you, Freyja," he said awkwardly. Not because he was lying, but because he just hadn't really introduced himself to a lion in a long time. "I'm glad the pride took you in... it's nice to see so many happy lions... even if I don't really talk to anyone..." he did still want everyone to be happy, even if they didn't know he existed. That was preferable.

"I hope... no one gets so mad they try and start a fight..."
NovaCracker

User Image User Image

Bomvu and Saniya enjoyed catching up with one another, though Bomvu still wasn't so sure he had managed to convince his sister that it was worth sticking around. She seemed hesitant at best. But he supposed it was natural not to want to fall into the same kind of life they had once known. A life that looked like it might actually pop up again it they weren't careful.

"I'm sorry," he said lowly, "I know it makes you nervous, but I promise you this isn't the kind of place we used to know. It's a little on edge right now, but I know it'll settle down. Things are going to be okay." He nodded at his sister, who tilted her head.

"You never used to be big on the comforting thing. This pride has changed you a little bit. Are you still a jerk to everyone who isn't me?" She asked with a grin.

"Pretty much- you?"

"Yup."

The two lions laughed together, feeling very happy to have one another back. It was like having something very precious returned to you. Something you didn't think you would be getting back. They decided they had been standing around long enough, and moved to find somewhere a bit more private to speak to one another. They kept fairly close, just in case something happen that needed them to return and add some more input into the situation. Not that Saniya had much to offer- she was only just starting to understand what was going on.  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:54 pm
User Image

Izzy was more than a bit relieved to see a softer side of the male she'd been speaking with. What had started out to tense, now flowed freely like water.

"No I think you're quite right about that. The more we bicker, the more we separate ourselves from one another. Something like that ... shouldn't be something we strive for." Izzy shook her head sadly, taking note of the approaching female. It was definitely somoene she herself didn't recognize, which meant she was likely here for Shangwe.

No, change isn't bad by any means. Though it can be scary, that might be why some are so weary of this news. But again, I do hope you're right, perhaps this new heir will bring with him an end to the hyena feuds?" Izzy's ears perked excitedly at the prospect. She absolutely despised hyenas. Simply because they scared her. She'd never had any real interaction with them, but she knew the pride's troubles with them, and didn't want anything to do with that.

"Well in any case, it looks like you've got company. It was a pleasure speaking with you Shagwe. Oh! And you too Mr. Hare! I hope we run into each other again soon!" Taking her leave, Izzy began to walk backwards, dipping her head goodbye in greeting as she did so.

---

User Image

Sitare beamed proudly at Usiku when she complimented his name. "Hey you called me Sitare ... thank you." For the first time since their meeting he offered her a sweet, but gentle smile. "Your name is pretty too ... kinda like you!" Before the little cub could even realize what he'd said, his paws were gripped over his mouth in embarassment. "I mean ... well you're pretty is all!" He giggled a bit, trying to hide the obvious blush flooding into his cheeks.

As he tried to keep an eye on the female, he found in hard to do. For some odd reason she kept trying to hide behind him! Curious, he gave her a tilt of the head, to which he was answered in a gentle whisper.

"Huh? Oh her?" He asked, shoving his head in the lioness' general direction. "She's just a nosey adult, nothing to worry about!"

Bloo Starr

Cajanic

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:06 pm
I hope.. I hope he's okay, where ever he is. Biting her lower lip, the previously rogue lioness tried hard not to linger on thoughts of Dooley. A task that verged on the impossible given all he had done for her since their first meeting. Chai tried to convince herself that worrying wouldn't do him any good. It helped some, but Rin's distracting question did more towards temporarily allowing her thoughts to drift from the brave, warm-eyed stranger that she had grown so fond of. Straining her ears to listen, a surprisingly difficult task given the buzz of voices all around her, Chai gathered what felt like relatively useless information until the snippets were tucked together to provide more information. It seems like the King just made an announcement of some kind.. s-something about.. a new heir? But.. not everybody sounds too happy about it.

Rin leaned forward to listen as well, a few small cheers went up for the one called Prince Tau and some wishes of prosperity upon the royal family in general, but amidst the positivity, spreading like a disease, were the sounds of bitter, resentful voices. She could only wonder how those acts of blasphemy against the crown would be treated,it seemed like a dangerous endeavor to speak ill of any ruling family, but particularly so in a pride where many of the members were fiercely loyal. So it would seem, lions will fight over anything.. foolish cats. The whole idea of one bloodline dictating order over the rest seems rather absurd if you ask me.

----------------------

Arching a brow at the strangers several paces to her right, Kiboko recognized them immediately as outsiders. Having lived all her life in the pride, she knew many of the faces that belonged--not their names or anything so intimate as all that--but she could pick out a rogue with relative ease. They always seemed to have a wide-eyed way about them, as if unable to believe that the pride they were now a part of was reality and not some elaborate dream. So much wealth and prosperity, even if the hyenas were currently giving them a fair shake down, it was bound to be too good to be true for those who had spent their lives scraping out a living just barely getting by. Lashing her tail against the grass, her laughter was wry, pinning the pale hawk with an indulgent grin. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.. our pride's been this way for as long as anyone can remember and it's always worked for us. Of course, with the new brat in tow, that could certainly change. Time will tell..

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:28 pm
User Image

Usiku giggled with him. "Well...Thanks! And I'm just usually pretty shy, I don't like to be watched..." She smiled cheekily a little. She always felt weird being watched, she guessed she would probably be a very independent lioness one day.

Depawsit

Cajanic

Skeleghetti

Dapper Explorer

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:06 pm
User Image User Image

Warrul remembered, remotely, the days of Simi being a young lion. Well, younger. She was still younger than him, even though she was no spring chicken herself. The gold-brown lioness smiled as she found a spot, happy to wear her hyena pelt today. "Look at him up there, Bluu, so full of life!" She felt pride in now calling this place home. The way things passed between generations was heartening. "I bet he'll be the envy of the prid soon, and all the little lionesses will be falling all over his paws!" A humor glinted in the lioness' blue eyes, mirth quite clear as she grinned. "I just wish my parents could be here to see this..." Umo had passed on sime time ago, leaving a hole in Warrul's heart that her father occupied. Her mother, it seemed to the lioness, hadn't been far behind.

The younger lion was smiling, too, before he flicked an ear, listening to lions around them. "Not everybody sounds happy..." To Bluu, who had come in from the outside, there was nothing wrong at all with Simi naming his grandson heir. After all, kings and queens did as they pleased. For all Bluu cared, so long as said lion wasn't a total moron, Simi could name a joining rogue that was completely unrelated as the heir! "I don't get it, Warrul, you'd think with him actually RELATED to the king, lions would be mroe accepting of the heir, even if it's the king's grandson. I've been listening around - It sounds like his majesty's daughter wandered off somewhere, possibly LOST, and the non-heir son went to another pride, while the heir..." He paused. "Some of the stories lions came up for THAT one...!" They were all rather wild stories, few of which Bluu believed. Who knew, maybe the lion in question simply cracked under the pressure... He hoped this cub didn't have that happen.

"Not everybody will like everything, Bluu..." She looked back up at the juvenile on the rock. "My parents were banished from the Swamplands, because my father witnessed the birth of my older brothers and sisters... They were a superstitious pride... Maybe Pridelanders can be superstitious about these sorts of things..." Who knew...

User Image User Image

Behind the... Oddly matched couple, she had to admit, and Jahina, Madaha found a spot to look up at Simi and his grandson. She tilted her head, then looked at Kushindwa. "Look at that, that kid's..." She almost wanted to say lucky, but then she thought about the fact that she had grown up without such a burden. Danzi had been very thorough in stressing to his children that while Simi was their second cousin... That was it. They had no claim to the throne. As the old lion saw it, Mufasa had earned his place as king by driving out the rogues, and while Taka would likely have made a good king, too, if given he chance, fate had put Mufasa in the position of power. Madaha didn't envy the new heir for his position in the least.

"That kid's what?" While Kushindwa was still a spectacular failure at most of what he did, the red-eyed gold-brown lion had gotten much better. He'd stopped falling in bushes so much, at least, and had a sense of balance. Gods help them if he ever had children with Madaha... The clutz had yet to muster the courage, though, to ask her about it, even though they'd been friends as cubs. He started to go cross-eyed staring up at the young heir and focused his attention elsewhere, soon pricking his ears. "Dad! Janga! Vizia!" He paused. "Other siblings!" While his father tended to, as he'd heard, be a failure, one thing he knew his father had absolutely done a great job at had been raising children. Or at least, he thought so.

"I was going to say lucky... Then I thought about it..." She looked over, watching Kushindwa's attention turn to family. "I kind of feel pity for him..." Then she made a face. "You could at least try to remember your siblings' names...!"

User Image

After her adventures out in the roguelands, Jahina was quite ready to stay home. As she looked up at the new heir, the lioness felt... She wasn't sure. She wasn't as joyous as some of the lions present, but she also wasn't exactly upset. She rose to her paws, stretching out before starting to pick through the crowd of gathered lions. Her thoughts were only momentarily interrupted by a cub shooting by, causing the orange-cream lioness to smile. Like Madaha, while she had royal blood of a sort in her... Jahina just didn't care much about it. In the end, all it mattered to her was to know who to avoid coppulation with. Which was why she wanted to find a rogue with no known blood ties to either the Firekin, Kunanda, OR Pridelands.... Simply because Prideland royal blood meant a world of problems.

As she picked her way around, she sought out company, any company, to talk to. She ended up settling near Madha and Kushindwa, two lions she'd grown up with.

User Image

Somewhere out of the throng of lions, a small green and white form popped out of between a pair of bodies. She certainly stood out against her brothers and sister, and looked little like most of her family sans the formation of her markings. The green was a complete and utter random from their mysterious father. Biyu enjoyed that about herself. As the juvenile ignored the goings-on, she soon found one of her brothers - She was pretty sure it was Hari - and bee-lined for him. She'd been a bit late to wake up, sleeping like the dead, as some lions would call it, and happily pounced Hari. "Hari! We have a new prince! Isn't it exciting?" She wondered, what was this prince like? Was he handsome?
Hopefolly

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:11 pm
User Image User Image
sungura was a little nervous about the new female on the scene, if only because she was commenting about how she had caught a hare while practicing her hunting. Thankfully, she ended the story on a happy note, saying that she was nice enough to let the animal go. "Hello," he offered faintly, "it's nice to meet you Xho. Shangwe mentioned you, but he said you weren't that bad- that you just needed some confidence and practice."

Shangwe chuckled. He let them talk a moment, looking at Izzy. "it was a pleasure speaking to you, too! I hope we can have a much nicer discussion sometime- it seems like we could be good friends." He smiled. It wasn't like she was hard to miss- he was sure he would be able to find her again if he tried.

He would try.

He looked back at Xho, smiling at her. "I'm happy you're looking more happy with yourself! Did you come out to hear the announcement too? About the prince?"

Keantha

User Image

Ganthet chuckled, looking from one cub to the other. He liked cubs- they were innocent and it wasn't like they were trying to be annoying or cruel. They didn't care about the prince, it seemed, or what was going on around them. They were just having fun.

If only things were that simple for the rest of them.

"It's nice to meet you Sitare, and you too, Usiku," Ganthet said lightly, watching the two of them, "I'm glad you two seem to be having fun- are you on your own today?" He smiled lightly, amused by the way the wobbled all over one another. Cubs seemed to have no concept of personal space, either.

Ah, to be young.
Bloo Starr

Depawsit

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Keantha

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:49 pm
Cajanic

Xho blinked looking up at the rock then at him sheepishly, "Oh! I uh..well I didn't even know about it. I just wanted to come see what was going on and maybe see you again and meet new people." Pawing the dirt a little, embarrassed that she didn't even know what was really going on in her new home.

"I..well you are really the first person who has talked to me other than the lion that said I would be welcomed here. So I really have no idea what is happening...could you tell me?" She looked up at him hopefully.  
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:15 am
Cajanic

Andranis

"Oh," Hadaya said thoughtfully, making a face, "I'm sure he'll have plenty of support and help. And they have always taken care of us, as a pride, so I'm sure they will... ah... I'm sure things will be fine. Change is always intimidating but..."

They'd get through it.

He glanced from Janga to Kiamu, then to Sikia and then to Legea and Vizuro and finally Utanzi. His family. He had more of it than he had even realized, and that was, ultimately, delightful. He found himself smiling, and he shook his head when one of the assembled family members asked him if he was alright.

"Oh, I am. I'm just surprised to see you all... and how much you've grown. I can hardly..."

He turned his head when he heard someone else calling him and he smiled as he saw Kushindwa heading their way. It just made him feel warm and fuzzy, seeing them all thriving, looking happy. He smiled and nodded a hello to Madaha, too.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:43 am
Kiek
User ImageKiek didn't like bringing Gliri to a gathering such as this, knowing how crowds and people frightened her, but she had refused to be left behind. It was an important, newsworthy event in the pride's history, and as a part of the pride she felt an obligation to be there. Besides, the cubs had wanted their mother to come and Gliri tended to be a bit over-indulgent when it came to pleasing their children. Kiek was over-indulgent when it came to Gliri, and so all five of them set out.

He was proud of the pride's size and age, and walking among them gathered like this reminded him of that. As they walked he lowered his head and murmured to Tuva, who was staring around her with wide eyes, "Did you know this isn't even the whole pride? What you're seeing here is maybe a third to half of the lions here."

Gliri
User ImageThere were entirely too many people gathered here for Gliri's comfort, but she was doing her best not to let her nerves show. She didn't want to inflict her insecurities onto her cubs if she could possibly avoid it. Just the same, she wondered if perhaps she shouldn't have just let Kiek take the trio and stayed behind in the den. That way the cubs could have come to her with a story to tell and she wouldn't have had to go.

Alas, it was too late now to do that, and so she would just have to brave the crowd. She had not realized that there were so very many lions in this pride. Kiek had told her, of course, but she had not fully comprehended. And, she overheard him telling Tuva, this wasn't even all of them. That was a terrifying thought. She was glad that she had Kiek to lean on and the cubs to be strong for, or else she would have fled, historic happenings or not.

Tuva
User Image"Wow," Tuva exclaimed. "That's a lot. And that little cub is going to be in charge of all of us?"

Simi had just made his announcement regarding Prince Tau, and she was trying her best to get a look at the lion that would be leading them, but from this distance and at her height she really couldn't see him at all. It was frustrating, and the young lioness wrinkled her nose and lashed her tail, hoping that one of the taller lions around her would take the hint and do something to help her get a look at Prince Tau.

"Ugh!" she exclaimed in frustration after a few moments of trying to balance on her hind paws. "And he's not from here?"

Maral
User ImageIt was a hunter standing nearby who provided the answer to the cub's question, although he was not sure which of the twins he was addressing, he knew Kiek and Gliri and was at least aware that they'd had cubs. Maral had actually trained Kiek to hunt when the lion was younger. The two got along well, and he and Gliri got along, too, both of them being shy and retiring types by nature.

"No. He's from another large pride called Tianxia where they call their king Emperor, I think." He shrugged. "I wonder if the other heirs were passed over as part of some treaty of alliance we don't know about."

He certainly did not have access to any of the back-rooms dealings that went on between King Simi and the leader of the other pride, but he wondered if maybe they were forming an alliance to wipe out the hyenas once and for all. He remembered the war from his cubhood and the terror of not knowing what would happen to his parents. Perhaps with more warriors, differently trained, the king thought they could prevail over the hyenas.

Matumaini
User Image"A cub from another pride?" Matu muttered under his breath to no one in particular. He didn't know where the rest of his family was and he didn't much care. His had been a large-ish litter and he loved his sibs as much as any lion did, but after they'd grown up he had gotten a life of his own, as was expected.

"This is just ridiculous." While not naturally a surly or disagreeable lion, Matu couldn't help but be irritated by this decision made by the king. There were other perfectly acceptable heirs that could lead when King Simi decided to step down - or when he died, Matu supposed without malice. There was no good reason he could come up with to bring in some infant from outside the pride. "Prince Tau probably isn't even related to the king anyway. How could he be?"

Hviske
User ImageGliding up beside Matu, Hviske murmured, "You may not want to be quite so vocal in your disapproval, Matu. Ears everywhere."

She didn't have to speak so softly. Everyone was speaking and so it was fairly unlikely her advice would be overheard by another, but she liked that it gave her an excuse to stand close to Matu. She still had not managed to convince him to take an interest in her that went beyond platonic. She wasn't even really sure anymore if she wanted that because she was genuinely interested in him, or if he had just become a prize to be won, but she liked the tinglies she got in her paws when they stood close like they were now.

"In a pride like this, where everyone is related to everyone else, and most of them are related to the king in some way, is it so unbelievable that some of the king's bloodline got out of the pride?"

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:09 am
Cajanic

"Maybe he'll meet people." She nodded. "Investigate the people."

She smiled on to Jivu. She liked him, he was... Nice.

"If you like, my ears are always open. I always like to let... Others have my shoulder to lean on."  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:26 am
User Image User Image User Image
Sikio watched her father, who seemed to be at a loss for words. Well, maybe that was to be expected. He was dealing with a whole lot of spawn all of a sudden. There were, what, six of them there? And a voice in the distance suggested it might end up as seven.

Three of the Hadaya brood all looked over as Kushindwa approached, though only one knew who he was. Janga smiled and waved a paw, happy to see another member of the Hadaya family joining them out of the blue. Was this an announcement for the new heir, or a reunion party of the fail face family? It was getting a little difficult to tell for sure. Regardless, he was happy. Happy so many members of his immediate and extended family lived in the pride with him.

"Hello!" Kaimu hummed merrily at the approaching lion, always happy to make new friends. The fact that they were related only made it that much more interesting. "You're one of Janga's brothers, aren't you? I'm kaimu! I'm your half-brother!"

"You really need to work on how you greet people," laughed Sikio, shaking her head. She, too, looked at the newcomer and offered a soft smile. "My name is Sikio. It's a pleasure to meet you. What's your name?"

"That's my brother, Kushindwa!" Laughed Janga merrily, "Isn't this great? We should be the ones in charge- there's so many of us!"

"Oh, that would be horrible!" Kaimu teased happily, "we would teach everyone in the pride how to get lost and fall into holes and run into rock walls! I don't think we're really meant for positions of power. But I do love that we're all here together!" Janga laughed and nodded along. Maybe they weren't meant to rule- but they were entertaining, at least, weren't they?

"I think I'm going to go sit down for a bit," Sikio sighed, "I feel a little over whelmed right now... Kaimu, will you please come with me? I mean, if you don't mind..."

"Not at all! It was nice meeting all of you. I might back, so don't forget about me!" He gave his father a particularly pointed look before heading off with Sikio.
Lithia_Brandon

Andranis

User Image

Jivu seemed to sink under the weight of the offer, though he smiled at her and seemed like he did like the idea, "Oh... that would be... nice." the timid lion said faintly, before his worries got the better of him.

"I, um, I have to go now! But... but.... but it was nice meeting you!" He smiled a bit more brightly before turning and all but leaping away from her, running to find some place to be alone and cool down. He had never spoken to a female before!

It was all just too much for him. For him, the meeting was over.
Novacracker

User Image User Image

Shangwe laughed- that sounded like Xho. He had expected that she wasn't completely aware of what was going on, if only because she hadn't mentioned it at all. Most would have thought it the kind of thing to bring up right away if possible. But he didn't mind- he liked that his friend was just a little bit absent-minded sometimes. Made her interesting.

"Well, we've been waiting for an heir to be named for a long time," he explained lightly, "especially with all the hyena attacks, we've been on edge for a while not knowing the fate of the pride. But today the king announced his heir! The young prince is not from around here, though, and that seems to have a lot of other lions very nervous." He sighed, looking around the pride.

"But I think things are going to be alright."
Keantha

User Image User Image User Image

Shujaa and her family noticed a brood of lion standing not too far from them, sharing their mixed views on what had just been announced with one another. Though she knew there wasn't much they could do to fix the situation, they could at least talk to the other pride members and see if they could provide some comfort. Even that was the job of a hero, wasn't it? Her sidekicks seemed to think so. Ermey and Fentara had already moved ahead, the two boys smiling and greeting Kiek and the others.

"Hello," Fentara offered brightly, his massive hyrbid body making his brother, Ermey, seem almost like a cub, "that was a pretty exciting thing we just heard, wasn't it?"

"Exciting and a little confusing," admitted Ermey, if only for the sake of making it clear that they didn't intend to fight one point over the other.

"I hope you don't mind my sons," Shujaa laughed lightly, moving to rejoin her two offspring, "they are just excited about everything they have heard today. I imagine the whole pride it pretty worked up. Are you guys doing alright? We might not really know each other, but having a nice conversation about things can help ease stress, can't it? I'm Shujaa, and these are my sons, Ermey and Fentara."

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:48 am
Cajanic

Kiek
User ImageWhen a trio of felins made their way toward his family Kiek instinctively shifted to place himself between his mate and the newcomers. He did not expect that they meant any harm, but he had learned that Gliri preferred not to make her introductions from an exposed position. Sometimes she was pretty silly, his scaredy mate. He noted wryly that Maral had shifted similarly so that Gliri would feel even less exposed. It was nice to have friends.

"It's nice to meet you, Shujaa. Ermey. Fentara." He nodded to each of them in turn. Shujaa and Fentara were strange-looking, he thought, but he kept his mouth shut. They were hybrids, he suspected. He'd never met one before, somehow, but he could guess. He didn't know how Shujaa had managed to have a hybrid son and a lion son though. He wasn't going to ask about that, either.

"I'm Kiek, this is my mate, Gliri, and these are our cubs."

Gliri
User ImageGliri noticed how the menfolk moved to protect her and could not keep from smirking. She appreciated their consideration, but it was a little bit silly, she thought. Both of them. Well, she'd thank them for it later. For now, she felt about as safe and comfortable as she could when surrounded by most of an enormous pride and being addressed by strangers.

"We're all right," she answered. "Thank you for asking. I'm afraid I'm a little confused by the different reactions I'm hearing though. Is there...I mean...Who are the 'rightful heirs' I've heard mentioned?"

Sometimes she felt more awkward not having been born into the Pridelands than others. This was one of those times. Anyone else would not have needed to ask that. Probably she should have waited to ask Kiek when they got home. Surely he would know.

Tuva
User ImageTuva was quite fearless and awed by Fentara. She'd never seen a hybrid like him, or any hybrid, for that matter. Shuuja, too, was a matter of great interest to her. She was particularly fascinated by their tails, which weren't proper tails at all. For the whole of the introductions she managed to contain her curiosity before it became too much to bear.

"Why do your tails look like that?" she demanded. "I thought all lions had fluff at the ends of their tails. Did somebody bite off your fluffy bit, or were you born that way? And how do you get born without a proper tail?"

Maral
User ImageAs Kiek had observed, Maral, braver with new people than Gliri but empathetic to her feelings regarding them, had moved slightly so that Gliri would feel a little more protected. It was presumptuous, perhaps, given she had a mate and Kiek was more than capable of protecting her, but he was friends with the couple. And besides, it put him in a position to help mind their cubs, who were not exactly on their best behavior at the moment.

"Kiari," he murmured in chastisement for the cub that had spoken up. It seemed criminal to him that Kiek and Gliri had had triplets. Surely they had done it just to be difficult.

"My name's Maral. I'm not related to this lot at all, by the way."

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:55 am
User ImageUser Image

"A Prince indeed," Ruva quipped bitterly. From the moment she had set eyes on the boy she had determined that he was no more fit to rule than her own son. However, that decision was out of her paws, so she would have to make the best out of a sour situation. "I suppose, though, if King Simi chose him, then he should be adequate."

Tyrwhitt, however, was all smiles. Even though he had not been within the Pridelands for long, he already knew of the trouble that had brewed because of it's heirless state. Now, a new set of problems would arise, no doubt, but at least they had a scion for the future. He turned his eyes to the lioness at his side, and rolled his eyes. "I'm sure he's just right for the job, Ruva. Better than either of us old bones." The glare she gave him had him in chuckles. "What? He has royal blood, so his claim is-"

"It matters little who sired him, if he was not born in these lands."

"Well, he may not have been born here, but I'm sure they told him of his role and have prepped him accordingly. Besides, he's got more of a claim to these lands than you do."

User Image

From her position behind the bickering pair, Calypso could only sigh as she looked up at the heir. Prince Tau. He was certainly of lighter stalk than his grandfather, but he looked the part. Despite her situation, she smiled at the boy. What must he be thinking, after being put on display for the whole pride to see?

She stepped around the now passive duo to make her way a little closer. It was exciting, to say the least! This had been the first time in her life she got to see an heir, and it was one of the rare times she would catch a glimpse of the King himself. After all, she preferred to keep herself busy, and thus had little time for socializing with her good friends, let alone royalty! Not that he would have seen her anyway, she was sure.

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff