Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
What would happen if I comitted suicide? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:18 am
okay....heres something that HASNT BEEN SAID.

What about suicide? You think suicide itself is easy? HAHA yeah sure. Have you thought about the consequences of attempting suicide if you MESS UP? I did some research on this too. You'd think suicide would be easy to pull off but its not. Especially from a scientific point of view, your body has a natural survival mechanism.

For instance, overdosing in sleeping pills will only make you vomit blood for the next hour or so and wake up in a hospital. It won't actually kill you.

And there's tons of other methods of suicide that people think work when in reality they don't. What if you end up a veggie for the rest of your life? You know what that is right? its those people usually that are in mental hospitals that can't move talk walk or even breath on their own in most cases.

What if you mess up and you end up in a mental hospital? do you constantly want to deal with psychologists all the time? especially the crappy ones that don't really care and are only there for the money? There are so many ways to screw this up and just make it even WORSE for yourself.

How about messing up, and being found by one of your family members and they panic or disown you. Theres SO MANY consequences that could happen.

But lets say you managed to do it and end your life. Can you openly accept the idea of facing god for a selfish action of taking the life of the very thing he created for whatever purpose you may have? can you honestly face him for such a judgment? What could you say to him that could possibly make up for such a decision as suicide?

No you won't go to hell. there is no scriptural evidence saying so. so dont believe that crap people throw at you about going to hell for suicide. But what about the people you'd be affecting? Intentionally and unintentionally? No one here wants to see you die, and I bet neither do your loved ones. Just because you end your life doesn't mean your life ends on earth because your life is connected to others and it will affect with consequences you can't even BEGIN to imagine.

I know what its like to be alone because im struggling with that very same thing right now. No, god is with me, but its not good enough because I need someone to PHYSICALLY be here. thats what makes it harder even if we know god is here for us, its hard when we can't see him physically or hear him talk to us like we can with anyone on this planet. but my reasons of loneliness is more complicated than that. so even when people tell you your not alone, you still feel alone...don't' you?

but the world is what it merely is. it will only get worse from here on out so might as well enjoy it while its still fairly good. for as much sin in the world there is still alot of good people out there even if we don't see them all the time they exist. kinda like when people say chivalry is dead, they're wrong. as long as ONE PERSON acts upon chivalry, it isn't dead. it still exists. yes the world is a horrible place but there are also alot of people trying to counter that evil.

and you can make your area a better place, even if your just one person. even if you just help to make someones day, youve already made a difference even if it wasnt for alto of people, you helped someone get through they're day. whehter it was making them smile or helping them cheer up, it always makes a small difference.

your existence on this earth whether you see it or not, crosses the paths of others. our actions always have consequences good or bad, on other people that we meet. for whatever reason you were created, maybe youll find that reason one day. but you wont find it by ending your life.

if god didnt want you to live he wouldnt have created you in the first place right? so whatever struggles it is you are dealing with, try to keep in mind that it could always ALWAYS be worse. and to just keep on trucking and pray to god to help guide you in the right path.

and most of all.......patience.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:49 am
woot to you! That post rocks.  

Siren of Saturn

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:40 am
Siren of Saturn
woot to you! That post rocks.
hee hee ty...just thought id say something that isnt going to be repeated a billion different times. (no offense to anyone)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:10 pm
Quote:
No you won't go to hell. there is no scriptural evidence saying so. so dont believe that crap people throw at you about going to hell for suicide. But what about the people you'd be affecting? Intentionally and unintentionally? No one here wants to see you die, and I bet neither do your loved ones. Just because you end your life doesn't mean your life ends on earth because your life is connected to others and it will affect with consequences you can't even BEGIN to imagine.

uhh bout the going to hell for suicide...

in the BIBle it does say that your body is a temple of GOd. Your heart, your mind, your body...YOU yourself represent a temple of God...thats one reason as to why sin, and defying your body is harmful...your dirtying yourself up, in other words, your trashing up a temple of God, where he lies (He lies within you).

Killing yourself means that you had the guts, the lack of faith and the lack of confidence, to fall into the Devil's grip and destroy the temple of God. Thats pretty harmful to God's heart, as he witnesses you falling so much into the clutches of the Devil that you are o so ready enough to turn against him, and trash his dwelling place within you.

Im not sure you will go to hell, for it is a great and terrible sin and emphasized in the Bible, however our Lord is a merciful God, and only he can judge.

...yet the way the BIBle describes Hell...its worse than suicide- for with suicide you can actually 'end' your life (even tho you then face eternal life/torture)...imagine hell ....in one way...being lit on fire...but never dying...just being kept burning....yet never..ending ...

wAnNa kOokiE

DeanWinchester

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:48 pm
AcidBurn07
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I side with the Catholics in believing that you'd go to Hell. Suicide is not the answer. I hate that you feel that this is the only way out sad

I don't believe what the Catholics do.

"He who believes in Me shall NEVER die but have eternal life."

Never die. It does not say "He who never sins shall never die but have eternal life."

If it did we'd all be so screwed.
I don't think suicide's a good idea, but it's not always a temporary problem, so don't give that crappy adage.

And as it's been said, other than the verse about the temple of God, there's nothing about going to hell for suicide. That is drawing conclusions that God didn't even intend for us to make. I've had problems with cutting, and I can tell you I'm not proud, but I'm not ashamed.

I would really ask you to think about why you would want to kill yourself. Because honestly perhaps you just need some medication. I know that sounds stupid, but trust me. One of my friends ...she tried at least five times before it was realized she was bi-polar.

And, sometimes your body releases chemicals and you can't control that.

You can lift yourself up in prayer, you can ask God to forgive you, because yes, thinking about suicide is a sin. I believe that killing yourself is a sin, but it's about belief and repentance, not sin. Remember that.

And remember, no matter how bad things are, there's always someone who has it worse than you, and they're pulling through. I lost my mom. I lost my mom to a fire, and I can tell you horror stories about some of my friends lives.
Suicide isn't the answer. I'm not saying the problem is temporary, or permanent, but it's not the answer. It's not a weakness, either. It takes guts to actually kill yourself. So, don't let the people make fun of you for it, or try and accuse you of being something you're not. I don't think that calling someone weak or pathetic is helpful. It never helped me, and I don't see why it would help you.

Just...suicide..not the answer. There're a lot of people on earth who you will hurt so badly you can't imagine it. So if for nothing else, being strong for them and sticking through it...do it for the ones you love.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:19 pm
You go to hell. Period.  

burner6336

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:07 am

<3

It doesn't say anywhere that suicide, specifically, is a sin. But The Bible does say that harming ourselves in any way is a sin. And when we commit a sin, we are to repent. You cannot repent for a sin when you are already dead.

The Lord has a plan for everyone, and everything. Whether we believe that Christ is our savior or not, he has a plan for us. So if we cut The Lord's plan short by cutting our life short, we are not doing what is right in The Lord's eyes.

That, and, you would be causing A LOT of pain for your family and friends. Even aquantences.

<3

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:00 pm
Heres something that needs to be stated: Were all dying, some just faster than others.

LabTech Deusy

Invisible Officer

13,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Mer du Soleil

Swashbuckling Wife

13,975 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Streaker 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:52 pm
Hey guys,
I'm sorry I haven't been around to reply to this. I'm still here, a little sick, but here nonetheless.
I want to give a bigbig thanks to all the people who have PM'ed me and replied with help and support. I can't express my gratitude enough for you guys <3
I'm sorry if I scared anybody by not replying very quickly. I've been really busy as of late and haven't been able to get on gaia for more than a few minutes here and there.

With Love,
Lindsey.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:36 am
Are you still considering it?  

The Noble Protoman.exe

pjb21

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:09 am
ok, the bible doesnt say it is a sin to kill, rather it is a sin to murder, in other words, kill without a just reason. in the old testament the isralites went to war many times and won many times and that involves killing.

then the question is, is suiside murder?

i personaly dont know.

however... the bible tells us our body is a temple of god, thats why i try not to self harm, thats one reason why i am still living, i dont want to harm god general no matter how much i want to hurt myself. heh, i care more about sonething i have never seen than myself, i find that comical... anyways. so my self harming, attempting to kill your self etc is a sin. outright a sin, since a sin is essentualy anything in rebelion to god. i personanly feel that if someone was to come to your dwelling place with a chainsaw and trash it, i doubt that was an act of kindness and friendship. so yes, suiside is a sin.

but god forgives sin. so will we go to heaven or hell? i dont know and i am not willing to find out.

but i will say this much, people will miss you, everyone that knows about it will think, what could i have done to prevent it, they will be tripping over themselfs because of your act. other depressed friends will see what you have done and they may push them over the edge. even people you dont know, people browsing this thread, who may not have replied, it will effect them. worldwide, maybe localised, yes, but the loss of a friend to anyone is a large blow, the loss of someone people have got on with, talked to. its a massive thing to do, both from your point of view and from the view of others.

PJB21  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:06 pm
First..i agree, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem..think of what your doing..your ending your life, you wont get it back, at least the one here on earth.

hmm i've talked to several people and one evangelist about this, not because i wish to commit it, just because i was curious. And they all said the same thing..if your a Christian, and believe in God nothing can take you from that..but I'm sure God will be sad that you took your own life, it was His to take not yours..they say they dont think you will go to hell, because NOTHING can take you from the lambs blood, if your saved nothing can take you from that.  

destinygirl_8

SUPERSQUIRRELX

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:22 am
Well, to be honest, we've all thought about suicide. You wouldn't be human if you didn't. I get very depressed alot of the times as well and wonder if God is there. But y'know, you have to just push through that... I find singing helps.
But whatever, don't commit murder on yourself. God will forgive you, but it's something you can't undo.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:57 am
AcidBurn07
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Its repetitive how people keep saying this, but you know what? Its true.  

Zher

Arsenic_Ambrosia

Noble Sleuth

6,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:39 am
Just last year, my favorite teacher's stepson and one of my closet friend's brother [they're the same person] commited suicide on April 11, 2006. We all still miss him. He was a good kid and no one can understand why he did it..

He shot his head right under the chin.. [It was kinda gross. They had a closed-casket ceremony]

I had tried to commit suicide [no joke I eventually got help] that night but had stopped because I began to feel what my family would feel.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff