Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Pridelands [IC]
[Event] Introduction of the Heir Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:55 pm
KasaiLoki

Cajanic

Reeshie Hack

"Soren? As in..Soaring over the sky? How perfect.." SHe said with a chuckle. Her name after all was Angel, or at least phoenetically sounded the same. He had a nice name, to a nice face, and she was happy to have been gathered to the Pride Rock today..

"This will be a story to tell grandcubs about one day. Especially once he becomes a vision of greatness. He is related to King Simi, it's only logical he would be as kind, and fair a ruler!" She said with a giggle. His exciteable personality seemed to be contagious.

__

Illyeria figured Orlan had a point but she was not about to agree with her. She had to be right, it was part of why Illyeria was so unfuriating sometimes. She shrugged.
"He'd better have some amazing stories then! Otherwise I am not interested." She said, and scoffed. Though she turned to look at the orange male sitting next to her and she smiled again, nudging him with her shoulder as she spoke.
"You should all listen to him. All of you." SHe said, though her gaze was pointed at Orca.

Though the topic was lame to her, she had to admit it was nice having her siblings around. It wasn't too often she got to spend time with them, even if htey had a differing opinion.  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:58 pm
User Image

Sitare nearly froze in his steps as the young cub began to chase him.

"I said I was sorry! Why are you chasing me? It was an accident!"

Now grumpy with himself for being so ignorant as to bump into her. "Sheesh fine i'll wait, but you better not try to get me in trouble! It was an AC-CI-DENT!" Sitare enunciated every word to the young girl as he took a few steps closer. Still unsure whether to trust her or not.
Bloo Starr

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:01 pm
Rekhet and Jicho had been traveling together for some time, and had been keeping their eyes on these lands. Rekhet wanted a home, like the one he had lost, but he had come a far distance from the sands. This place did not look like the home he knew, but after traveling in the rogue lands for so long, he was not surprised by anything any more. He had see so many different kinds of lands.

This one was green and wide, and looked like a beautiful place to live. The lions here, too, seemed kind and welcoming. He looked at Jicho to see what she thought, but her face was difficult to read.

She looked confused, and a little worried.

"What is the matter?" he asked softly, but he saw what she was looking at. So many lions gathered in one place. What was going on? Jicho was not sure if they were supposed to be there, it seemed like some large pride thing was going on, and they were outsiders here. Visitors. Did they want their first impressions to be as intruders on a special day? She didn't think so, and looked at her traveling companion for help. He was calm, as always, and looked thoughtful.

Inuka and Potewa were not too far off from the other couple, having been traveling in their wake for a while. Not on purpose, it was just how it fell out. But it had been convenient enough. The duo had been able to find good hunting spots and safe places to sleep because the others had been looking.

They were a sly enough couple, it seemed, and Potewa looked proud of himself as he came to a stop and looked out over the large gathering of lions.

"What a place they've found!" He all but whistled, shaking his head, green mane flopping. Inuka nodded her head in agreement, wide eyed but not from fear. Excitement. There were so many others here, so much to see and learn. And they would likely be taken care of here! No more walking, no more scrounging for food. A place to live and raise cubs and be lavished with attention from her mate and bask in the sun as she was meant to.

She was not built for hard work.

"Oh, Potewa, love, it looks amazing. Look at them all! Do you think there is food down there? Trinkets? Such a large gathering..." Her eyes glistened and Potewa laughed, though he didn't know the answer and could only think of one way to find out. They would have to go on in and see what was there for them.

Jamii and Zengea stood far from the other two rogue couples. He had been traveling with her for some time, but he was more a silent protector than anything else. He was a serious sort, and he said very little to her. In fact, she was not sure why he was still there with her, as he did not really seem to like her company at all.

Still, he had brought her here, and she was thankful for that.

Being lame in one leg, after an attack rather recently, she found her life was now complicated and difficult, and she had been starving when he found her, miles and miles from this place. He had brought her food and vanished, and it had saved her life. She started walking, and he had appeared again when she was stuck in a bush. Then again some days later when a hyena had given chase to her.

And now he was no longer hiding. He had walked behind her, a few feet back, for the last few days, and now he was even sitting next to her as she looked at the Pridelands. He said nothing, did not seem to notice she was there, and she looked at him in wonder. She was more interested in him than anything else, in fact.

Which was strange because there was a lot of activity nearby, and she wanted to see if this place was where she could finally live and rest comfortably. But he was just this silent sentinel that made it hard to concentrate.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:02 pm
User Image User Image

Shangwe sighed. Leave it to Sungura to try and diffuse a situation. But maybe it was needed- he didn't need to be snapping at this female, did he? She had no more control over things than he did, and she was just as entitled to her opinions as anyone else.

'I'm sorry," he mumbled after a moment, "you're right. Maybe it is a little unsettling to think that he's not from around here. I've lived in this pride my whole life, so I don't know what lions from other places are like, either. I guess I'm just more ready to give them a chance than some of the others." He sighed softly, looking at the female. "I'm not usually a jerk, I promise."

Sungura laughed. "Yes he is- don't believe him!" He was shaken from the mane at that point, plopping on the ground with a light grunt.

Depawsit

User Image

Orlan was thrilled to see the male lion who had just joined them nod slightly when she made her point, and she smiled to prove it. "Hello!" She offered, "It's nice to meet you, Soren! My name is Orlan." She didn't get to say hello to so many lions all in one spot often. It was hard not to just go running off introducing herself to everyone. She hadn't actually gotten his name herself, though, having heard him introduce himself to her relative. That counted, right?

When Orca spoke, she frowned thoughtfully once more, taking it into thought. "I hope he doesn't change anything, either, but I guess change can be good sometimes, too. And if it isn't, then it won't last, right? In any case, you're right- I don't think we can predict how he's going to be in the future, right?"

Reeshie Hack

Buffy_the_Bloody

KasaiLoki

User Image User Image

"Do you think a foreign lion is going to be bad for the pride?" Saniya asked her brother, arching an eyebrow. He didn't seem that worried, but maybe he was still pretty new to the place, too. She doubted he had been there for years and she had just never known about it. Surely he was pretty new, too.

"I don't know," Bomvu sighed, "it might be bad just because of the conflict it seems to be causing within the pride. Even if he isn't a bad or untrustworthy king, prides can be destroyed by fighting within."

"don't we know it," sighed Saniya.

Bomvu nodded. "why don't we just hope for the best for a change, hm? Anyway, are you sticking around here? I never thought I would see you again. I thought... I thought you had died out there." Saniya gave him a little cuddle at that. Poor guy- he had been so worried about her, and she hadn't even known about it! She hadn't even known he was alive. But she hadn't thought about it much, either, until she had heard rumor of a tough lion passing through the area, intimidating others and making his way to the pride lands.

Then she had thought it might be some kind of miracle. And, for once, it had been.

User Image

Calm and collected, Ganthet sat with his thoughts, wondering how things were going to turn out and what the best course of action would be. He was more of a background thinker, and enjoyed working out situations in his head, even if he didn't actually get to impliment anything. Somehow, it made him feel less like a useless background member of the pride.

Slightly.

Sighing to himself, he turned his eyes on a couple of cubs nearby, who seemed to be bouncing around bumping into one another. Did they know what was going on? Where were their parents? Well, he would keep an eye on them from afar, just to make sure they didn't fall into any kind of trouble. It seemed the least he could do with his time, since he wasn't getting involved in any of the fighting. It didn't feel like it would do anyone any good to leap in with his own opinion.

He was there to watch, listen, and learn.
Bloo Starr

Depawsit

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:06 pm
“Shouldn’t we assume though King Simi will train the boy to be a great king, or at least, trust that he has bestowed a great honor on Prince Tau.” That’s what Soren believed at least.

“Even if he may want to change something, sometimes that could be for the better. Could it not?” Soren asked, mainly towards Orca.

Soren glanced at Anjelle. “I would joke when I was a cub about every time I would jump, I’d ‘soar’ in the air,” ah, it never got old in his book. He nodded though. Soren too was partially related to King Simi. Even though the relations didn’t mean much to him, the prince would be trained by the King. If anything that would be enough.

He turned towards Orlan. Not many wanted change, but at least she saw that change may be good if it were to happen.

Buffy_the_Bloody

Reeshie Hack

Cajanic

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:06 pm
Cajanic

Hadaya could hardly keep up with all the new family members popping up. The new boy, Utanzi, looked like Sikio, and he remembered that encounter with a soft smile. Their mother was likely here somewhere, but he did not know where. He felt a little shame that he hadn't kept in touch.

But his life had moved, as he was sure hers had, and they had never really expected for him to come back here.

He was good at doing the opposite of what he was expected to do.

Utanzi shuffled his feet awkwardly, tilting his head to the side in wonder as he looked his father over. They did share some similar markings and splashes of pelt color. He marveled at it, then smiled brightly.

"It's good to meet you, pop!" He said, and Hadaya was glad to see none of his kids seemed particularly bitter. At the question, though, he had to laugh and shake his head.

"Ah, no... I guess I don't mind this new heir. I just hope that he knows what's ahead of him. It's probably not going to be... uh... a very easy road, you know?" He was trying not to talk to them like they were cubs: it was very clear that no one here was still one of his babies that he could fawn over and coo about. They were all grown up, some older than others but all a part of his life and his journey. It made his head spin, really, trying to take that all in.

He needed to sit down. So he did.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Skeleghetti

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:07 pm
User Image

Usiku flinched back a little. She mumbled a small "Sorry..." She shrunk down into the ground a little, and felt eyes on her. She looked around, seeing someone watching her. She shrunk even lower to the ground. She really didn't like being watched, adn also didn't like felines getting mad at her. She looked up at the other cub with sad eyes. "My name's Usiku..." She said a little akwardly, she only wanted to be friends.

Cajanic

Depawsit

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:21 pm
As Shangwe began to calm, Izzy's smile returned and her tone became much lighter. She was glad she'd had a chance to see his point of view, and relieved to know they were at least slightly on the same page.

"It's alright, i've done more than my fair share of being cranky. So you're forgiven!" She offered the duo another friendly smile, before continuing on. "I've actually been here my entire life as well, but I wasn't born here. But my Mom came from out there, and she had some really bad experiences in the world outside the pride. It just leaves me with a lot of worry. But I do hope that you're the one who turns out to be right in this little argument." She paused a moment to think over her words. "I'd much rather be wrong than right when it comes ot this argument."

Izzy did little more than laugh at the duo as they exchanged quips back and forth. They really were a funny little duo. "Heh, I think i'll take your word for it." She winked a sly wink in Sungura's direction before focusing once more on Shangwe.

"So how do you think all of this will pan out for our future? You seem to have a good bit of faith, i'd love to hear your take on the entire thing. That is - if you wouldn't mind telling me!"

----

User Image

He hadn't intended to hurt the girl's feelings, in fact he'd meant to do nothing to her! He just didn't want to get in trouble. He was such a goody toe-shoes, that if his parents discovered that he'd snuck away ... it would totally ruin his reputation. Sitare watched as the girl began to slink to the ground, his tummy began to feel guilt pains immediately.

"H-Hey i'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, I just don't want to get in trouble!" Sitare took a few steps closer, and finally heard her name. "Usiku? Oh i'm Sitare ... my family calls me Si-Si though.."

The poor cub nearly cringed in pain at the mention of his nickname, it absolutely drove him crazy! But his family absolutely loved it, and for their sake, he allowed it to be used.

"Here let me help you up!" Calmly walking over to Usiku, Si-si reached out a paw to assist her in getting to her feet once again.

Bloo Starr

Cajanic

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:37 pm
"I'm Orca," Orca introduced himself to Soren with a nod, then waited in vain for a moment or two for Shumu and Illyeria to follow suit. When they didn't, he shook his head and took it upon himself to be polite. "And those two are Illyeria and Shumu." He considered what Soren had said, it had been part of his point. They couldn't really tell how Tau was going to be as a king, and he would be trained by their current king. So it should all be fine.

"I suppose some change can be good, but too much can be a bad thing. But you're right, I'd like to think if there was anything we didn't like, we'd be able to change it... Maybe." He didn't particularly care for the idea of change.

Neither did Shumu. He'd rather nothing change in the pride. Little change here and there wasn't so bad, but he didn't think he'd like a big change all that much.
He didn't want to think about it, so he kept his focus on Illyeria, since Anjelle seemed a little stuffy and Orlan was cute but was currently focused on the new male. Fine by him, one lady's attention at a time was okay.
"I'm afraid few listen to my good judgement. But it's nice to know you do."

Buffy_the_Bloody

Cajanic

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:39 pm
User Image

Usiku smiled gently, and accepted his assitance "Sitare...Thats a nice name." She smiled a little and moved almost behind him, keeping her eyes on the lion watching the bth of them. She said in a whisper "Someone is watching us..."
She kept watching the lion, and kept stepping ever so slightly more behind Sitare, she was always really shy and usually she wouldn't just approach someone like se did with Sitare, but she didn't really know anyone, so she had to put herself out there every once in a while, at least thats what the nannies said.

Skeleghetti

Dapper Explorer

Keantha

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:27 pm
User Image

Xho wasn't sure what had drawn her out besides curiosity (which momma had always said would be her downfall. It was nice to see so many of her new pride members in one place...maybe she could make some newfriends!

Taking a deep breath, Xho edged towards the large gathering orange eyes bright as she looked around at everyone. Something big had to be happening! Oh! There was her friend Shangwe again! "Shangwe! Hello! Well again." She giggled smiling brightly as she went to him.

[quote="Cajanic']  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:34 pm
User Image

When huge, localized gatherings occurred in the Pridelands, it was often a thing that was difficult to overlook. Like many others, Chai had been drawn to the buzz of activity, though she was careful to remain along the outskirts of the impressive collection of lions and lionesses both. Being a relatively new addition, none of the faces seemed familiar though her gaze remained intent on a few faces in particular. One being her children, who had grown up in these lands with their pale coated father, Mng'ariza. The other...

Do... do you see him? Her meek voice called to the hawk circling over the heads of the crowd, wavering with a mixture of hope and concern. Having come to the Pridelands with her handsome companion and his sweet jackal, the honey colored lioness had accidentally lost track of him not long after arriving. Without him she felt a lost and lonely soul.

Making leisurely passes over the big cats below, piercing blue eyes took their time scanning each body with as much hope as Chai that they might locate Dooley and Wessex. It seemed as if everyone in the pride was gathered here, but the distinctive calico and his canine companion were no where to be found. A disheartening revelation considering she would have to relay the bleak news to Chai. Banking quickly to swoop into a graceful dive, Rin landed with careful precision on the back of her lioness, shaking her head in regret despite how much she wanted to say otherwise. I don't see them anywhere... what's all the fuss for anyway?

User Image

Whatever this is about, it better be damn important.. The sandy lioness muttered while shaking off her drenched fur and finding a warm purchase of land to settle down on. She'd waded all the way from the river and her surrogate family there to be a Pride Rock at the announced time and for what? To see her King pronounce some pipsqueak as future heir to the throne? Give her a break! Come talk to me when the change of titles is actually official, right now, it amounts to a whole lot of elephant turds to me.

Honestly, was all this pomp and ceremony necessary for something that wouldn't effectively change the Pride until the speck of a prince was finally ruler? All this acknowledgement was bound to go to the heads of some lions and lionesses, no matter how well meaning they might have been initially. Yet despite her harsh statement, Kiboko lingered reluctantly. Maybe, if she waited it out, she'd learn some underlying reason why they'd all been called together. Something that might have actually been worth getting up for.

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:39 pm
User Image User Image User Image

Kaimu was happy to meet another half sibling or three- it seemed like they were just pouring out of the woodwork. Were they all as clumsy as he was, he wondered? surely one cub, somewhere, had his genes and was not a complete spaz. He smiled all the same. Even if they were a mess of failure, they were all still a family, right? He watched his father, who looked a bit overwhelmed. Admittedly, he wasn't shocked. It seemed like he was going to need some time to recover from meeting a whole bunch of children all at once.

He had thought they would be meeting each other one on one. It didn't seem like he would have to consider such a... random situation.

He sat down too, smiling.

"I hope it's not as hard for him as it can be for us," laughed Janga. Though he was the youngest of the three, he was the most mature of the group, along with the largest of the cubs. He was actually a pretty big lion just in general. Despite that, he didn't seem to have a whole lot of anger in him, smiling even when talking about something a bit troubling.

"I'm surprised there seem to be so many lions who are... unhappy with what's happening, you know? I thought more lions would be open to having a new heir."

Sikio didn't care about the whole prince business. Sure sure, they had a new prince and he wasn't that well trusted or pride lander-ish. Whatever. All she could think about was how happy she was her brother had shown up. It proved she really did have some of her father's blood in her. Of course, it was only in her head that he had been questioning it in the first place.

Smiling brightly, she looked from her brother to her father, drinking in the similarities. "Are you okay, dad?" She asked lightly when he sat down. She thought he looked about ready to pass out.

And no one would want to see that, especially not family.

Lithia_Brandon

User Image User Image

Shangwe was glad he had mustered up the courage to apologize. It was difficult to say sorry, especially when you believed in something strongly. Knowing he hadn't originally believed in it so potently somehow helped him break away from just considering his own thoughts, though. With the anger dying, he could see that she wasn't some kind of villain, nor was she just looking to cause a fuss for the sake of it like it seemed some of the other lions were. She honestly just seemed worried about the future state of the pride.

And there was nothing wrong with that- it just showed she was a loyal member of the pride, same as him. How could he be mad at her for that, even if they didn't completely agree? "Right or wrong, I hope the pride can calm down about it soon," he said with a sigh, "it's not going to do any of us any good to be fighting so much."

Sungura laughed from the floor, just watching the pair. It looked like they were getting used to one another, and he was happy that his friend had managed to calm himself down. He wasn't normally a brash lion anyway. Normally, it seemed like nothing could make him angry. So even Sungura had been a little bit surprised at first.

Good thing it all seemed to work out.

"the future?" Shangwe chuckled, "well, I'm no seer, but I would hope this change can bring new elements to the pride, to make it stronger and more effective. I know we all love how things are, but change isn't always bad."

He turned his head when he heard someone speak to him, smiling as he saw the female heading his way. "Xho! It is good to see you. Have you been practicing?" He asked lightly, though he didn't go into too much detailed in case it was embarrassing to her or something.

Keantha

Depawsit

User Image

Orlan could see that there was a lot to worry about. Maybe her siblings just weren't as eager for progression as she was. Admittedly, she was alittle scared about things changing, too. She didn't want to have to forget the pride that she had grown up in for something new. Even if it was better, it was still... difficult to think that things might be altered.

"I think Soren is right," she hummed lightly, trying not to let it get to her, "it seems like this sort of thing wouldn't be decided so lightly- I mean it took a long time just to get this far, right? Whoever that boy is, I think he must be right for the job if they finally decided to announce an heir. I'll put my faith in the king." She nodded and smiled.

This was all she could do.

Reeshie Hack

Buffy_the_Bloody

KasaiLoki

User Image User Image

Bomvu and Saniya were happy to be back together, but Saniya felt guilty knowing her brother had been so worried about her. "After our home was ruined beyond repair, I went into hiding," she explained softly, "I was hidden for a long time, mostly because I was afraid that coming out would only get me sucked back into that place. I knew a lot of the lions we had grown up with were still there." She sighed softly, watching her brother.

'If I had known you were alive... if I had known that you would be in a place like this... I would have come sooner."

"That's okay," Bomvu said, "there's nothing to apologize for. You did what you needed to do to survive, and I'm happy that you managed to live through all that. It's much better having worried for nothing than having my worst fears come true, you know?" He smiled faintly.

"I know. But still. I'm not happy I had to be away from you for so long. Then I heard that a big dark male was roaming towards the pride lands, scaring the piss out of every lion he passed, and I knew you were still alive." She smiled and nudged him, giggling lightly. "It's just so good to see you."

'I feel the same. And I hope you stay here," he told her, "despite how things are going right now, this place is very nice."

User Image

Ganthet was amused watching the cubs, though it seemed his staring had not gone unnoticed by them. Though he couldn't hear what the little cub had said, he could see by the way she was looking at him that she had caught on to his presence. Sighing softly, he offered them a slight wave, not moving to get closer to them just in case they felt threatened by it and wanted to run away.

He didn't want to scare them.

"Hello, you two," he said lightly, "please don't be frightened of me- I was just watching you to make sure you stayed safe. I didn't know if your parents were around and I was a little concerned." With all the lions tromping around in bad moods, it was easy for one little cub to get smashed under foot. Or two, even.

"I'm Ganthet."

Bloo Starr

Depawsit

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:42 pm
User Image

Setu lay near the edge of the gathering, a speck of dusty blue among all the other colours. He had found himself a small rock to lounge on while he watched, curious to see the new heir, and the faces of many of his pride mates. He tended to keep to himself and he hadn't been around that long, so he felt a mix of excitement and anxiety over being a part of a gathering for the first time.

The heir was young, young indeed. An outsider, but of royal blood. Setu's ears twitched as he took in the reaction's from the rest of the crowd. Some approved, others did not, and some still had opinions to share. Setu himself, couldn't help but feel happy for the heir. He was an outsider too, after all. Perhaps that was part of the warmth Setu felt for him. An outsider could bring in a new perspective, but his tender age also meant he could be molded into the pride's ideals. The best of both worlds, he thought.  

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Keantha

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:56 pm
Cajanic

With her normal disregard for, or lack of understanding, for personal boundaries the young female happily butted her head against his shoulder beaming at him. " Oh yes! I have been practicing a lot, I even caught a hare the other day. I let it go of course, the poor thing was scared and I didn't really wanna hurt it."

She babbled happily then blinked noticing the rabbit with him and leaned down to nose him curiously, smiling "Hello, you must be his friend Sungura. I'm Xho, Shangwe taught me how to hunt, cause I was really, really bad."  
[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff