Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Side decks: good or bad Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TimithyEcho

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:25 pm
sky_rider19
SOLIDNSNAKE
sky_rider19
SOLIDNSNAKE
sky_rider19
Poison To The Heart
I am not a fan of side decks, as if you make a deck make it ready for anything in the first place instead of using your side deck to fix your problems.

A side deck to me is a excuse to swap card in and out that don`t work as you expected when a enemy plays something(deck) you normally cant counter. so you swap cards in and try again but this time your swap can mess you up as a deck should have mutable ways of winning and if you lose once way what is the chance that this time around your old un swapped deck would of had a better chance of winning. Highly.

If your deck didn't work the first time against an opponent, the chances it will work a second time is probably very minimum. When you build a deck, you build with the side deck in mind. That way when you switch out cards, you're not losing any win conditions.

i think this would depend on statistics like drawing. ive lost a few duels just because of a bad first hand. then sometimes against those same people i raped. but as for the main topic i have no real oppinion either way

True there is the fact of bad hands. Lord knows I've had my fair share of them.

lol it does suck

Yeah especially after one hand you get all mana and then after a mulligan all creatures/spells...
crap sorry slipped into magic brain for a moment.

But yugioh related, I hate it when I get all tribute monsters. Now I mainly use 4 and lower monsters with a few exceptions.

yea my yugioh deck isnt SPECTACULAR, but i think its pretty ok. but yea i do get crappy hands every now and then but for the most part i draw some nice stuff.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:25 pm
Well side decks are useful, that's why you have people "yelling" at you (keep in mind in real life and online I'm monotone so I'm not "yelling").

A perfect of a how useful a side deck is, from my experience.

It was Scraps (me) VS X-sabers (some guy at a tournament)

First Game went to him.

I sided in Gottoms e-call, pull the rug etc.

Second game went to me.

He sided in RMG stuff

Last game went to him.

See how it is? You side in things to either cover your a**, or ******** up your opponents strategy (In this case we went for the later). Now for your "all powerful" malefic deck you still need a side deck just like Blackwings, LS, Scraps, and etc.  

Tsukinoki

Avalon avenger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:22 pm
Nou hee dusnt! Hiz dek iz are b3tt3r tan awres.Hee dusnt knead a syde dek.
Hee beets awl uf uz.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:48 pm
Avalon avenger
Hee beets awl uf uz.

sorry i don't speak Polish (no offense to any Polish people out there)  

Tsukinoki

Avalon avenger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:10 pm
Tsukinoki
Avalon avenger
Hee beets awl uf uz.

it's cool, I was trying to speak on the OP's level.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:16 pm
Avalon avenger
Tsukinoki
Avalon avenger
Hee beets awl uf uz.

^Lol  

Heywouldntyouknow

sky_rider19

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:18 pm
Avalon avenger
Tsukinoki
Avalon avenger
Hee beets awl uf uz.

Okay, there is no need to pick on the OP like that. I understand that he won't take our advise, but to treat him like that won't encourage him to take our advise to heart.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:22 pm
sky_rider19
Avalon avenger
Tsukinoki
Avalon avenger
Hee beets awl uf uz.

Okay, there is no need to pick on the OP like that. I understand that he won't take our advise, but to treat him like that won't encourage him to take our advise to heart.

He isn't listening anyway. We could all beat him and he would still think that he's amazing and that our logic is stupid. Mocking him might actually get the point through his head, hopefully.  

Heywouldntyouknow

sky_rider19

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:31 pm
TwinHeart
sky_rider19
Avalon avenger
Tsukinoki
Avalon avenger
Hee beets awl uf uz.

He isn't listening anyway. We could all beat him and he would still think that he's amazing and that our logic is stupid. Mocking him might actually get the point through his head, hopefully.

Then I guess it's time for me switch back to lurk mode. I understand that he's not listening. But the fact that we pretty much mocked him to begin with kind of defeats the purpose of getting something through his head. You can catch more bees with honey than with vinegar.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:38 pm
I'd rather catch my flies with a controlled black hole. I don't care about the OP's feelings or opinion. I will beat him into a corner until he has no good argument, not that he has one anyway but meh.  

Gravitational Molestation

Heywouldntyouknow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:38 pm
sky_rider19
TwinHeart
sky_rider19
Avalon avenger
Tsukinoki
Avalon avenger
Hee beets awl uf uz.

Then I guess it's time for me switch back to lurk mode. I understand that he's not listening. But the fact that we pretty much mocked him to begin with kind of defeats the purpose of getting something through his head. You can catch more bees with honey than with vinegar.

You can kill more flies with a swatter than you can with love. I don't mean to be mean to you or anyone, but seriously, he's a troll. Then again we all are.

Most of the time you cannot change a persons mind because they already think they know it all. (only some cases do these people know it all). So let him face anyone of us and maybe he'll actually learn.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:50 pm
TwinHeart

You can kill more flies with a swatter than you can with love. I don't mean to be mean to you or anyone, but seriously, he's a troll. Then again we all are.

Most of the time you cannot change a persons mind because they already think they know it all. (only some cases do these people know it all). So let him face anyone of us and maybe he'll actually learn.

That is very true. And your not being mean we're conversing. and I admit your right about changing people's mind, I guess I try to be optimistic when encountering trolls and stobern people  

sky_rider19

Heywouldntyouknow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:56 pm
sky_rider19
TwinHeart

That is very true. And your not being mean we're conversing. and I admit your right about changing people's mind, I guess I try to be optimistic when encountering trolls and stobern people

Optimism is good, outside of the interwebz. Though your generosity is truly astounding, especially trying to defend a person who really isn't defending themselves.
Though, this is how we all learn, from someone's mistake.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:01 pm
I just think there are better ways of dealing with people. Saying that someone is the bestwill only fuel trolls to continue their rants to try to get to the person's level. It's nothing I can do to change anything so I just grin and bare it.  

sky_rider19

iiShinichi_Kudo

6,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:47 pm
still talking about me I see, fine I will try a side deck with my blackwing deck and paradox deck, it might work or it might not idk I will try. with my blackwing deck in my first turn 90% of the time I can get 1 or 2 synchro monster on the field and have magic and trap cards ready so they cant attack or cant destroy my monsters  
Domino City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff