Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
What color N64 did/does everyone have? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:24 pm
Bodewyn
Xbox 360 is totally available in different colors.

I have a black N64. The strange colors weren't that popular over here, though the Pikachu edition seemed to catch on well after a while.
Oh god I want that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:21 pm
I had a black N64. And my favorite color controller for it was yellow.  

Dude-LAP

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:19 am
Bodewyn
Holy shite, you have ET? Do want. That, my friend is a piece of gaming history.

I like that closet, I should find a similar one to put my consoles in.

Are all USA Genesis game boxes red on the side?

I actually have two copies of E.T. My dad kinda went crazy buying up Atari games during the crash. Sometimes I think I should frame one and leave one out to never ever play.

Yeah, I saw that shelf at the store and instantly knew that I had to have it and exactly what I would do with it. I just got it about a month ago for my new room.

And yeah, at first the Genesis graphic theme was black with light grey gridlines (like Sonic 1 on the left there), but later on they changed it to diagonal bars of light and dark red.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:43 am
GuruGuru214
Bodewyn
Holy shite, you have ET? Do want. That, my friend is a piece of gaming history.

I like that closet, I should find a similar one to put my consoles in.

Are all USA Genesis game boxes red on the side?

I actually have two copies of E.T. My dad kinda went crazy buying up Atari games during the crash. Sometimes I think I should frame one and leave one out to never ever play.

Yeah, I saw that shelf at the store and instantly knew that I had to have it and exactly what I would do with it. I just got it about a month ago for my new room.

And yeah, at first the Genesis graphic theme was black with light grey gridlines (like Sonic 1 on the left there), but later on they changed it to diagonal bars of light and dark red.

Wow...I remember that game. It was pretty cool, but I can't recall too much about it.

...But my favorite old skool games were definitely from the Super Nintendo. There were tons. Virtual Bart, Mighty Morhpin' Power Rangers, Super Mario World, and Donkey Kong Country. I also liked my Beavis and Butthead game for Sega Genesis.  

Dude-LAP

Bodewyn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:24 am
I could never get my hands on a copy of ET. It never left US shores.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:33 am
Didn't they bury a megaload of copies of that game in New Mexico somewhere?  

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Bodewyn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:51 am
It is a myth which was never denied. They were 'disposed of' or 'destroyed', so the common myth is they were thrown in a landfill, crushed by a truck and then buried.

Also:
Dude-LAP
Wow...I remember that game. It was pretty cool, but I can't recall too much about it.
Woaw woaw woaw. We're talking about the worst game in history, here. A game thrown together in the span of 3 months to hit the market before Christmas rush. The game claimed to be completely unplayable by all that have reviewed it. The game that single-handedly destroyed the video game market. I highly doubt it was 'pretty cool'. O.o  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:26 pm
I just saw someone pimping his collection, so i couldn't resist.

User Image

So yeah, I got a black PAL N64 and a black NTSC N64 for the DD.
I got the original grey controller and some cheap red third-party controller.  

Vaettur

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:26 pm
TtheHero
I have the green DK edition myself, along with the controller, and a 3rd party controller.

I have the lime green GB Color; the D Pad's getting rather old...

I have a platinum GBA (classic) and the classic DS of that same color. Had em for so long, the shine's starting to come off at the edges...

Fish is right, they should mix it up with the latest systems. I mean a Green Wii would look stellar in my opinion, with a purple light inside...

I did remember seeing an Orange N64, but that was in Japan only.

Also there was a Hello Kitty PS2 (slim version I think...)

O.o
PS2?
I know there were both pink and blue Hello Kitty Dreamcasts, nyo.

My friend had a the smoke one?
See through black, I think, nyo.
I had such fond memories of Mario Kart 64 and Diddy Kong Racing, and the Pokemon games...
D:
I want an N64...
Jungle green, I'm thinking.
I could get one, nyo...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:45 pm
I never had a N64. I asked for one for christmas one year and got a Gamecube instead. The Gamecube was my first console system.

My GBC was the Special Pikachu Edition that Yellow was boxed with. GBA was Artic. Skipped SP. Still using orginal silver DS.  

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:44 pm
Heh, if I was really pimping my collection (note the missing SNES, like a hole in my heart), I would've scooted the Guitar Hero drums in from the right, commented on nobody mentioning the ocarina, and pointed out that the leftmost book on the top shelf is the original Official Nintendo Player's Guide from 1989 or so. I wouldn't do that, though. Wait...

Dammit.

Anyway, holy crap, the 64DD. Proof that Nintendo learned nothing from Sega's 32X incident. The worst part about it is the totally wasted potential.

...Okay, maybe the 32X comparison was unfair. The worst part about that was the 32X itself. A friend actually gave me one once, but it was because it was missing the A/V cable that runs between the Genesis and the 32X, so it's just been sitting around for years. Another friend once gave me a Nomad, which is temperamental as hell. See, I've never gone out of my way to get an obscure video game item, they just seem to fall into my lap.

But yeah, on topic, shame about that 64DD. Freaking awesome that you have one, though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:21 am
I have the boring old grey-black one everyone had when it was 1st made.

My friends had

~ The Green DK edition
~ That kinda see through purple-y one
~ The Orange one

If I could change what I have, I'd ask for a Red one razz

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:56 am
GuruGuru214
Heh, if I was really pimping my collection (note the missing SNES, like a hole in my heart), I would've scooted the Guitar Hero drums in from the right, commented on nobody mentioning the ocarina, and pointed out that the leftmost book on the top shelf is the original Official Nintendo Player's Guide from 1989 or so. I wouldn't do that, though. Wait...

Dammit.

Anyway, holy crap, the 64DD. Proof that Nintendo learned nothing from Sega's 32X incident. The worst part about it is the totally wasted potential.

...Okay, maybe the 32X comparison was unfair. The worst part about that was the 32X itself. A friend actually gave me one once, but it was because it was missing the A/V cable that runs between the Genesis and the 32X, so it's just been sitting around for years. Another friend once gave me a Nomad, which is temperamental as hell. See, I've never gone out of my way to get an obscure video game item, they just seem to fall into my lap.

But yeah, on topic, shame about that 64DD. Freaking awesome that you have one, though.

You also have teh Harry Pothead books. mrgreen But anyway HOLY 8-BIT CRAP! I can't believe you have the Genesis and Nes  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:59 pm
I had a black one with transparent purple controlers.  

melikefood

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:36 pm
Bodewyn
It is a myth which was never denied. They were 'disposed of' or 'destroyed', so the common myth is they were thrown in a landfill, crushed by a truck and then buried.

Also:
Dude-LAP
Woaw woaw woaw. We're talking about the worst game in history, here. A game thrown together in the span of 3 months to hit the market before Christmas rush. The game claimed to be completely unplayable by all that have reviewed it. The game that single-handedly destroyed the video game market. I highly doubt it was 'pretty cool'. O.o

Remember that Home Alone game?  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces