Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
"The Craft" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:29 pm
I can pretty much honestly say that I can't think of any way that Hollywood influenced my early paganism. I didn't watch much TV (other than Star Trek and Babylon 5 -- which my father used in his CCD classes!) or see many movies.

Now, fiction, that I can trace some influence. As much as it pain me to admit, David Eddings and the Elenium series had some impact. As the author actually puts it in the Rivan Codex, "pagans have more fun".

But my interest in paganism really stems from good times as a kid, reading mythology in the bathtub.

For the purposes of this community, fluffy is defined as willfully ignorant. I got that definition off of an lj group, "nonfluffypagans". I find it to be a much better functional definition than any other I have seen.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:54 pm
My influences were....
Well, I honestly had none. Perhaps my interest in theology.
One day I just realised I was in fact, a polytheist and took it from there.  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:32 am
JewelWoods
1. that was my opinion on the movie, you don't have to share it i don't care.
Don't want people calling you crazy? Don't tell us to do it! blaugh

Quote:
2. i like 'K's leave me alone.
Why? Do you know what it means? Why it was added? Who added it? Or does it just look cool and make folks feel special that they can misspell a word?
Quote:

The word is still pronounced the same so i can spell it whoever i want.
You are correct. You are perfectly capable of misspelling words. Doesn't mean it won't be corrected.

Quote:
3. If Hollywood didn't "help shape your desire to become pagan" what did?
That's best understood by reading through Pathways.

Quote:
4. I didn't realize you defined "Fluffy" as people who were "willfully ignorant" I assumed that it would be defined here the same way it's defined every where else as generally a 'noob' pagan, with the occasional 35-40 year old who believes him self to be either Vampire or Slayer,
I tend to avoid marking people who don't know better with a title that makes an assertion about their general knowledge as we cannot make assertions about what they don't know.

But that's just my justification.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:01 pm
On an aside, regarding misspelling...
By what authority is the spelling of a word considered correct?
Magic, Magick, Magik, they all communicate the same sound.
Assuming someone doesn't give a flying flatulence about Crowley, I don't see why the spelling should be a big deal. ninja  

Fiddlers Green

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces