Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 ... 551 552 553 554 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:32 pm
Nova Blancke
Theo was on guard. And could you blame him? First that succubus appeared and now Heather was suddenly up and running? He raised his hand to stop her as a gesture.

"Hold it...why aren't you asleep? A dose of this causes anyone to collapse. Why isn't it affecting you now? And I'd rather kill Charles and put an end to this" He questioned her. But something in the back of his head started nagging as he instantly knew what her fear could be. Especially when she said...'he'. It had to be Larry. Could guilt be used as well?

Heather ran toward him in an effort to push him out of the room. "I was asleep, but the...thing in my dream said that it knew a way to kill two birds with one stone."

The particles behind Heather began to gather and shape themselves into something massive. It's "head" nearly touched the ten foot high ceiling. It took less than ten seconds, but an imposing and furious Larry towered over Heather and Theonis.

"She wasn't there, and you couldn't save me. You can't save anyone." the evil Larry rumbled.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:52 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
Sill hummed an affirmative, "Mmyes, but be cautious. Whoever manifested her will have given her any abilities that person knew of."

Trinity wondered who's fear is she? her first guess would be one of the boys from that club. Considering their limited interaction with women and then to one day come across this, which in turn causes a nose bleed, could be rather intimidating. She couldn't be much of a threat considering they did not know it was her.

But what if it was someone who did know…Liv did observed her up close but it couldn't be her, due to the bubble they were in. Who else? Well, Gidget did have a gun made in case Trinity had against the succubus. But she too didn't know the extent of her power…but…Theo did.

He was the one who made sure the connection was kept secret. He was the first to know when things went south and first there to try to stop it. He would know this creature the most. Yet… how could she be his fear? When the transformation occurred it tapped into her subconscious of how he was looking at Liv. The body looked a lot like Liv's but with longer legs. A body she thought for certain he desired, so much so that she felt she was in competition with that and Liv.

Trinity snapped out of thought as Freya said she would take care of her. She looked to Rydia and wondered if she could borrow the current suit she was wearing and she could use Sill's armor. But that would put Sill at risk for exposure, which in turn was a much higher risk. She then considered contacting Gidget, if she had another suit for Rydia. But odds are she was knocked out like everyone else and no one would answer.

"Ok Freya you got it. This way guys!" She checked her smart phone on where Theonis was last located.then lead them to where they saw, Larry? Larry towering over them?  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:35 pm
Meanwhile Alexander had a firm mental leash on Cassandra. He might not be affected this crap but she would. And the last thing he wanted was for her to go berserk and bring the place down. He had finally begun to like it a little.

Theo was pushed back by her. It seemed she was real and did wake up. But...two birds with one stone? Did it mean both Theo and her?

"Larry...." Theo spoke softly...The memory of him dying in front of his were still vivid to him. But he said his goodbyes to Larry after the funeral. He vowed to never let that happen again. To look after his sister should she need help. And now this thing took his form? As another slap in the face? Theo felt anger slowly replacing his initial feelings.

"How dare you take his form!"

"Well good luck." Liv only said before they moved on. Liv slowly felt the bubble shrinking. It could still fit them but she felt herself getting weaker.

"Is...is that Larry?!" Liv ask in disbelief when she saw the giant...thing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:06 pm
"No. It is someone's fear brought to life in that form. It looks like it's coming from Heather and Theonis." She noticed Liv's bubble shrinking, then looked to Rydia. "Liv, don't worry about me. Focus on Rydia."

"Take her with you, find some sunlight to recharge. Once you've got enough come back and we can finish this, and you can keep Rydia in a dome while she assist us with this fight. Sound good?"

Nova Blancke

Rikki Tikki Travi

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:15 pm
"I can't recharge like that infinitely ya know. I'm already at my max. I'll find Charles and get this over with. Just need Larry to go so I can take care of that guy." Liv replied.

"Nothing can get us in here. Not unless he..ya know..decides to throw stuff."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:24 am
Rikki Tikki Travi

"How long ago did this happen?" she asked. "What is it that makes you certain they're still alive?"

Kerana's eyes started to well up again. This was, needless to say, a difficult subject for her to talk about... but the matter needed to be addressed at one point or another, it's best to start among friends. She took a big bite of her ice cream, "I-itaiii brain freeze!" she rubbed her head, then cleared her eyes once more and let the taste of the ice cream sink in then swallowed. She exhaled, now a little more able to answer the question.

"It's been just shy of a year... Trinity managed to find them on a list. But that's how far she got with her investigation." She continues licking her ice cream. "However that was roughly a few months ago. With all the crazy stuff that's been going on with Valhalla lately... The succubus-demon thing this past month, then the meta-cores and Mr. Richards the month before then Legion and Shane before that, and so forth. She hadn't had the time to really look into this matter further. She made a promise... but I'm not sure if she will be able to keep it with all of this chaos afoot."

Deora_Alvarez

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Deora_Alvarez

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:09 pm
"Well, maybe we can pick up the search." Deora suggested around a bite of minty ice cream. Upon realizing what she'd done, she covered her mouth with her hand and swallowed before continuing. "I don't have much detective skill beyond what I learned from CSI, but between the three of us, maybe we can figure something out."

Her idea wasn't fully formed, and she had no idea what was even involved in tracking people down. She could see a team forming now, though, like the one's on TV. There was Damien, the awkward genius. H would mainly be helpful behind the scenes, figuring out clues. They'd leave the talking to Kerana, the cute one with the social skills. It would be up to her to collect information. That left Deora herself, the muscle. She would protect the two, at least in cases where they couldn't show their powers. She wasn't sure of the... Damien's powers, but she was fairly certain they were higher than her own. She could also be the more intimidating force when Kerana's politeness couldn't get the information they needed from people. Kind of a good cop, bad cop.

She liked the way her idea was shaping up, even if it had no chance.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:32 am

The idea did not cross her mind before Deora suggested it. It was so brilliant it left her speachless, "I-I..." her cheeks blushed a little. "I-I don't know what to say. I'm willing but... do you guys really think we can find them? I don't know where to begin."

Kerana wasn't really into the detective shows. She always thought they were too serious and too close to the truth. Instead she'd watch comedic sitcoms. Yet now she kind of wished she watched a few of those types of shows. cat_sweatdrop

Rikki Tikki Travi

Deora_Alvarez

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:03 pm
The Count of Monte Carlo
Even as his head ached, Ako liked where this conversation was going. He took the hand that caressed his chest within his own, but as he leaned his head down to kiss her, her body suddenly went slack against him. "Gidge? Gidget?"

He shook her gently, thinking at first that she'd just drifted off. It had been a rough day, and she was sick. Maybe she was more tired than either of them thought. but still, something about this was wrong. Her body was too still.

This was something he'd worried about ever since they'd gotten her body back. He'd always worried that something might go wrong with it, that something done in that lab would show itself, and Gidget would be hurt, or worse. This recent sickness only made his worries worse, it made him think that this was it; something was going wrong, he was losing her.

"GIDGET!" He shouted. He laid her unmoving body on the bed. He knew a little about first aid and CPR, but in his panic, he forgot everything he knew. He could only shake the body by it's shoulders, trying to wake her up.

Ako's unconscious body, still seated on the edge of the bed, fell back onto the mattress with Gidget still in his arms.

The Gidget in front of Ako sat up quickly. She coughed and gasped as she pushed Ako away from her. She stumbled to the ground and grunted, "Ah-Ako, you need to run. AUGH, it hurts!"

The clothes on her back began to writhe as the skin beneath it shifted and pulsated. Her hands dropped and clawed at the floor as the skin fell away like shredded paper. What was beneath would be familiar to anyone that had witnessed Shane's powers. It was the biomass, and it was tearing Gidget apart from the inside out.

What was left of her face looked up at Ako and pleaded. Her voice cracked, "I'm sorry..."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:46 pm
BeaMichelle
Rikki Tikki Travi

The world around Theresa had changed before she could realize she was asleep. She wasn't in the new place anymore. The place she was in looked all too familiar. It was the testing facility that she spent every waking moment in prior to being recruited by Eclipse.

Theresa immediately stood up and configured her right arm into her favorite weapon, the long barrel rock shooter. The room she was in was called the Playground. It terrified the child, Thea, and so Theresa would be forced out to face the dangers.

Her senses were firing on all cylinders as she waited for the danger to approach.

The walls around her stretched outward, making the room much larger than she had ever possibly seen it before. It took on a pattern not unlike a chessboard, with interchanged black and white squares adorning the walls.

A thundering boom steadily grew louder as something approached her. It wasn't large by any means, but it's psychological impact would be known to Theresa. It was that woman. The one who felt no pain and couldn't die.  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:23 pm
Nova Blancke
"I can't recharge like that infinitely ya know. I'm already at my max. I'll find Charles and get this over with. Just need Larry to go so I can take care of that guy." Liv replied.

"Nothing can get us in here. Not unless he..ya know..decides to throw stuff."

The massive "dark" Larry glared at all those around it. Heather's fear was feeding it, making it stronger. It knew what she was the most afraid of.

"Time for me to spin." it declared.

Heather shoved at Theonis harder upon hearing Larry say that. <******** run!"

Larry put it's arms out and pivot on it's heels. It's super speed in effect, it didn't take long for it to resemble a giant Taz tornado. The table and chairs in the room disintegrated as they were sucked into it's destructive vortex. Yet strangely, the unconscious Charles Ray remained unmoved.

Without hesitation, and seeing the immediate threat the giant whirlwind would causing, Rydia produced her spectral claws and threw them out of the protective bubble. They grew massive as they wrapped themselves around the spinning Larry. It took a bit, but he was brought to a halt.

The flesh of Rydia's arms began to slowly crack like ceramic from her fingertips, a pale blue glow akin to the spectral claws coming from the small crags.

She winced and grit her teeth as she called out, "He's fighting me, I wont be able to hold him for long. If someone is going to do something they'd better do it soon!"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:31 pm
Kerana

The idea did not cross her mind before Deora suggested it. It was so brilliant it left her speachless, "I-I..." her cheeks blushed a little. "I-I don't know what to say. I'm willing but... do you guys really think we can find them? I don't know where to begin."

Kerana wasn't really into the detective shows. She always thought they were too serious and too close to the truth. Instead she'd watch comedic sitcoms. Yet now she kind of wished she watched a few of those types of shows. cat_sweatdrop

Damien casually looked up from her ice cream and pointed at someone sitting at a table as far away from them as possible.

"We could probably start with that man over there." she suggested. "He's been following us since we got here, and he's an operative of that organization you mentioned. I didn't say anything earlier because he only wants to watch us, and because I wanted the ice cream."

The man in question tensed up and looked away shortly after being pointed out by the boy turned girl. A moment later and he was up and power walking in the direction of the parking lot.

Deora_Alvarez

Rikki Tikki Travi

Deora_Alvarez

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:02 pm
Deora had originally voiced the idea just to raise Kerana's hopes, but it seemed she was taking hold of it. She wanted to go through with it, even if she had no more of an idea than Deora herself. Damien seemed bright, maybe he'd have some ideas...

She nearly choked on a chocolate chunk when the girl calmly pointed out that a man had been following them. She'd gotten her breath back by the time Damien explained the situation, and by then the guy was semi-booking it towards the door. She would explain the basic concept of priorities to the kid later, first she had to catch that guy. "I'll be right back." She said to them as she pushed her chair back. It nearly toppled backwards as she stood and gave chase. She didn't bother to power walk. She was running.

She thought of calling out for the man to stop, but that never worked. It would only draw the attention of any mall cops in the area. She had to catch him before he got out the doors, likely to a waiting car.

She realized her reaction might seem a little fast to her friends, like she didn't think it out, but she really didn't like people following her. It reminded her of the rat pack back in the District. Anything that reminded her of that time tended to get a quick reaction.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:12 pm

Things happened so quickly. She wanted to tell Deora that she knew a short cut to the parking deck, this mall was like a second home to her. But she was already too far. "C'mon Damien I know a short cut." She led the girl to the nearest Macy's through the women's department and at the exit near the shoes. The got into the parking deck. "He was probably heading to that exit there." They drew close to it. This all seemed exciting, scary and weird. "Do you have any ideas of where he may park?" She asked the girl named Damien.

Rikki Tikki Travi

The Count of Monte Carlo

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:06 pm
Damien kept up with Kerana easily as they came upon the exit. Her question about where the culprit might park prompted Damian to reach out to the guy psychically.

"He hasn't parked. There is someone outside waiting for him."

She looked in the direction of the parking lot. "Several someones. They're armed and laying in wait in that unmarked van outside. They intend to abduct us when we go outside."

She then looked up at Kerana and said, "We can disable them, or kill them if you wish. Either way, we shouldn't let Deora go outside alone."

The spy looked over his shoulder at the sound of double timed footfalls. He swore under his breath and broke into a sprint. While running he took an opportunity to mutter into his wrist, "I've been made. Get ready, they're following me outside."

The unmarked van pulled out of it's distant parking spot and sped toward the Macy's entrance.  
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 ... 551 552 553 554 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games