Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... 551 552 553 554 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:47 pm
Meanwhile Liv had arrived. Pissed at Chuck for the situation she had gotten him in. But he still knew about him."Tsssk" She clicked her tongue as she dragged his sorry a** out of there before heading off again. No way she was getting involved with that shadow thing!

The creature seemed to laugh at Trinity's futile attacks. It was toying with her. Striking from behind every time she struck at what she thought was it. It was having...something akin to fun. Inflicting pain upon these beings was enjoyable. Another ran through it's body. It struck out. But not to kill, to inflict pain.

Theonis stopped when Cassie called it. Heather began to turn in front of his eyes. At this point he didn't care. He just felt defeated and lost. Larry died in his care. Nothing he did could have helped him. Chuck could die for all he cared at the moment.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:20 pm
Gidget was just about to breach the stage and enter the control area when one of the shadow's lashed out and pierced her left thigh. She cried out in pain and fell to the ground hard,

She grunted loudly, trying to get herself back up, but she soon found herself being lifted off the ground by her leg and thrashed about. It took her a moment to find her voice after the initial shock, but she started screaming once she found it again.

"Ako! Trinity!" she cried out. It felt like her leg was going to break in half at any moment.

Heather's spikes released a plume of opaque steam that wrapped around and occluded her as the hair fell from her scalp. A bestial snarl and predatory eyes pierced the curtain of condensation. A pair of massive wings lashed out and beat once to clear the fog, revealing an almost full grown crimson Turkish dragon,

She couldn't stand at full height. The ceiling wouldn't allow her to. She merely stayed low and kept her vengeful, hungry eyes directed toward Chuck and anyone who might try to defend him. Her lips curled back as she growled, showing teeth that were the size of an average adolescent child.

This place had failed to protect her brother, and the dragon was going to see that it burned to the ground as retribution. But first, she was going to immolate the man responsible.

More steam shot from her spike's as she began to take a slow and deliberate breath through her throat. What little mercy the dragon had was granting those a chance to run before her flames were to be released.  

Rikki Tikki Travi

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:05 pm
Trinity, gritted her teeth and shifted her focus.

"GIDGET!!!"

She called out. She really hopped that she was able to divert the shadow creature but that didn't seem to work. She started trying to get to Gidget as quickly as she could slashing through the creature's blocks with her light glaive as she went.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:17 pm
The demon's heart began to beat again. Trinity's drive to save Gidget was waking the ancient being. Along with her was what remained of the first Trinity's light.

"Trinity."

The demon could feel the presence of the shadow creature. It made her very, very angry. The creature wasn't natural. It was using a power that did not belong to it.

"Abomination. Kill. Regain the power."

Rikki Tikki Travi

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:10 pm
Ako stood, his attention focused on Heather, wondering whether he should be running from the increasingly ticked off dragoness. His instincts screamed yes, but he wondered if he could calm the girl he knew was inside the angry creature before him.

His possible efforts were forgotten the instant he heard Gidget's cries. He looked to the darkness of the stadium. Something powerful was in there, and it had Gidget. If he went charging blindly into that darkness, he would be in just as much danger as she was. He could create an electrical arc in his hands to keep the darkness at bay, but he would run out of power within a minute or two. How could he protect her then? But how would he find her in the dark, if he didn't try?

A thought occurred to him that he could ask the dragon to provide a little illumination in the form of a fiery breath, but that posed far too many risks. someone might get burned, even if the dragon didn't intentionally aim for someone. A deep inhale from behind him, accompanied by geysers of steam warned him that the dragon was about to provide that breath anyway.

His decision made for him, Ako had no choice but to run into that darkness, running for the last place he'd heard Gidget's voice, his heavy booted steps echoing in the open space.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:45 pm
"It always will." Cassandra just answered.

It's laughter was actually audible by now. It really was enjoying this. It had learned that inflecting pain brought it pleasure. It was flinging Gidget around like a puppet before throwing her at Trinity. Countless tendrills shot after Gidgets body. Catch and die. Dodge and lose Gidget.

Theonis mostly stood there absent-minded. Larry's death really did have a hold on him. Normally he'd already be besides Trinity. But he was still so caught on the fact that he could not save Larry. He didn't deserve to die. Heather continued to shift in front of him. It looked like she was taking aim at Chuck. Good for her. Some justice at least. Another death wouldn't be so strange right now. It was hard to find any motivation for anything right now. But Trinity did need his help. Even if he wasn't sure what he could do.

Before moving towards a small armory locker he gave a look at Heather and just....gave a nod. He busted open the locker. Guns wouldn't help, he knew that. But Flashbangs, flares and flareguns might.

Chuck watched with an open mouth as Heather turned into this....fearsome dragon!

"I did this to protect Valhalla! Sacrifices are always needed to change! This place can't protect itself against Daedelus! Everything I did was to save my people! No, I will not beg for my life. Do what you have to, beast. I know I did." Chuck said firmly, accepting his fate. If he had any regrets, it would have been not taking care of that boyfriend first. He and that big child ruined his plans. He would have gotten away with it, "Tsssk, meddling kids."  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:56 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
The demon's heart began to beat again.
"Trinity."

"Abomination. Kill. Regain the power."

Focusing on Gidget she continued slashing through the tendrils. Her head was pounding again feeling the the throb of the other heartbeat. She heard the voice again, this time she heard enough to recognize it, it was the demon. Regain my power? You mean that thing is using my power!? This made her so mad, How dare it use it to hurt Gidget!

She was close enough to catch Gidget but with the aid of her light she could see what it was up to. There was no doubt in her mind that she was not going to dodge and leave Gidget for dead. She had a small hope that it would spare her as it did before. She caught Gidget in one arm and turned away from the tendrils. She tried to block some of them off by using the light glaive as a narrow shield on her back. Then landed, "Go now!" a moment after she landed the tendrils landed as well.

"ARGHHH!"

The sharp pain, she wished she could see Theonis again, his smile, his jokes. No, she will see him again. She wasn't going to give up. Despite the pain, she needed to protect Gidget, she had to muster all her remaining strength and focus. Her breath was shaky, "You like that… don't you… you like causing pain… you're just toying with us."

She gripped her glowing glaive tightly and took a minor moment to steady herself. "Play time is over!" She needed to find its heart or something… but when she does then what? Would running it through really grant her power back?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:16 am
The dragon glared down at Chuck. she bared her fangs and released a small plume of flame from between her teeth, as though she were giving the b*****d a taste of what was in store for him. She heard Chuck's words, and somewhere deep inside was someone who cared. But now the dragon was in control, and it was going to indulge in it's desires.

She lunged her head toward Chuck and let lose her dragon's flame. The stink of burning hair and flesh filled her nostrils almost immediately. It would have made anyone else sick to their stomach, but to the dragon it was glorious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gidget gripped her tattered thigh and shouted in agony. She couldn't see the extent of the damage, but the idea of losing two limbs in one day really pissed her off.

She could hear Trinity, but it was accompanied by a constant ringing in her ears. She could make out her friend's own cries of pain. But the little tinkerer couldn't do anything in her position.

She called out to Ako again, trying to guide him with her voice. "Ako hurry, I need you to burn my leg to stop the bleeding."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The demon could feel the abominations presence in Trinity's body. That was all it needed to begin to feed.

It fed on Trinity's blood to create dark appendages of it's own. The smoking tendrils of darkness snaked out of Trinity's wound and wrapped around the shadow creature's pikes like ivy.

"Return."

The demon's tendrils began to simultaneously pull the shadow and slither up the spikes toward the creature's "body."

Rikki Tikki Travi

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:06 pm
Trinity felt weird when the tendrils took action. Those tendrils, they're coming from me? No… I have no control… it's the demon… well, I can use all the help I can get.…. She followed the tendrils which lead to the shadows' 'body'. She raised her brow when she looked at it… it was simple and much smaller for what it is capable of. She tried slashing with a diagonal slash.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:13 am
"Not....yours!" The shadow elemental replied as it dispersed it's pikes. It's core dove into the shadow realm to avoid the strike. Then it got aggressive. Unlike the playing around it had been doing up until now.
Countless tendrils began to swarm around Trinity, trying to encase her in a small dome, similar to what it did to Freya.

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:34 pm
Trinity wasn't going to give up but she wasn't sure how long she could keep this up. Even though the demon was able to seal her wounds, they were still there draining her energy and the pain was still there. She needed a moment to recover but that would mean sudden death right now, she needed to keep moving. She continue slashing with her light glaive. She needed him…but she didn't want to put him in danger. She tried to slash through and summersault out in the process but the dome was sealing at a faster pace.

Flashback

"I'd still come running if you need me."

She was running out of options, "THEONIS! HELP!" She managed to let out with each slash. She was getting tired but she wasn't going to stop fighting.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:15 am
Despite being tired of it all, he managed to chuckle. Seriously, that woman. What's with her and danger? He reached out and grabbed both of the flareguns. Both shots were aimed at the same place and hit with fair accuracy. Tossing those guns aside he grabbed the flash-bangs.

"Cover your eyes and ears!!!! Now!!" Theonis shouted as he threw two flash bangs with a small delay. Both landed on the side where he shot the flares. The small delay was enough to have the effect he wanted. It tore open a hole in the dome due to the sudden intense light. If the tendrills could recover from the initial blast, he just had to do it again. Using his power he pushed Trinity out of the dome, towards him.

"How the hell did you survive these last years without me?" He with his usual tone and grin. Then it occurred to him that she might not hear or see him well enough due to the blast of the flash-bangs. It usually took 5 seconds to readjust if you took the full force of it. She didn't. At least, he hoped she didn't.

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:38 am
The bright light from the flares pierced the darkness. Gidget squinted in an attempt to simultaneously dim the light and keep pressure on her wound. Then she thought she could hear Theonis say something.

"What?" she called out.

BANG!

Gidget yelled, "Gah! You've gotta be shitting me!"

There was a loud ringing in her ears and she couldn't see a damn thing. This day was just getting worse and worse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sudden burst of illumination dissolved the demon's connection to the creature. It cried out in pain within Trinity's head. It wasn't enough to completely restore it, but it had regained enough energy to do something for it's host.

It's presence invaded her body. Not enough to take complete control, but enough to bolster her healing and physicality. Black bands of smoking darkness laced her wounds and repaired them within seconds. The flesh where the wound was smoked for a moment more before dissipating and revealing skin that was good as new.

"More. We need more. We can devour the abomination. We can be made whole."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:09 pm
The flash of light, the both of them opened the dome long enough for the demon to be affected. She closed her eyes and covered her ears, not because of Theonis' warning but of the demon's screaming. She dropped her light glaive in the process. She felt herself moving... and for some reason much less pain. Her wounds were healed. She couldn't hear Theonis' joke because she was concentrating on what the demon was telling her. She whispered out loud, "We can devour the abomination. We can be made whole…" it was easy to tell that 'we' wasn't referring to her and Theonis. "I…I think I can get my powers back… by defeating that thing… though… right now its core… is in the shadow realm."

Although her wounds were healed she still had dried blood all over her. Some of it was red some of it was black? Trinity wasn't focused or concerned with that right now... she needed to figure out a way to get to the shadow realm. Teshomaru was unreachable at the moment and Freya...was recovering, at least she hopped. Then there was Liv... "We need to get Liv over here..."  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... 551 552 553 554 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games