Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... 552 553 554 555 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:03 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi

After a few rounds of respiration from Cassandra, Damien began to convulse and cough.

Without thinking, Heather reached out and turned the boy over on his side to allow him to expel the water.

Water gurgled out of his mouth as he coughed and gasped. His eyes fluttered open. The world around him was cloudy, and he wanted his mother.

He began to sob, "Ma....ma. Mama."

Heather laughed with relief. She was glad to see that the kid was breathing and awake. He reminded her of Larry before he picked up the meteor and brought it to her. She made a mental note to give the big lout a hug. She had been a little to rough on him earlier about threatening that lady. She hoped he was staying out of trouble.

Sara smiled when the boy was feeling better she decided to give a moment to the mother and her child. She swims back to the other pool. Her eyes widened when she saw what was going on, on the screen. Trinity, between a man with a katana in his hand and a man with his legs cut off, presuming the legs were behind the man with the sword. Then everything got real when she saw the other person on the field OMG! Larry!!!

She sent a telepathic message to Heather. Heather come quick! It's Larry! He's in the fight with Trinity... It looks bad… Tears rolled down her eyes crying

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:12 pm
Theo grit his teeth. " Move! He doesn't deserve to live!" He stopped for a few moments to calm his still shaking blade before sheathing it. Chuck's legs however were completely crushed by his power. Theo had to take it out on something if Trinity wouldn't let him kill Chuck then this would have to do. His anger wasn't gone though. But he pushed it aside to rush over to Larry.

"Thanks big buddy. You're going to be alright you hear me?! Stay with me man." Theo told Larry as his anger was slowly replaced with fear and concern. This was bad. There's no way he could get Larry to the medbay in time.

"Somebody get a healer in here right now! Instead of standing around doing nothing like you've all been doing this entire time, get off your lazy asses and GET ME MY HEALER!" Theo shouted, no commanded the people who watched to get into action.

He turned his attention back to Larry. The kid was losing a lot of blood but it was slowing down. Not good, it meant he was running out of blood. Theonis took a deep breath and applied what he did best, pressure. Stopping anymore blood from pouring out of the wound. Feeling the damages done in Larry's chest and create miniature walls of pressure on them to act as an emergency fix.

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:29 pm
PixelMuse

Sara smiled when the boy was feeling better she decided to give a moment to the mother and her child. She swims back to the other pool. Her eyes widened when she saw what was going on, on the screen. Trinity, between a man with a katana in his hand and a man with his legs cut off, presuming the legs were behind the man with the sword. Then everything got real when she saw the other person on the field OMG! Larry!!!

She sent a telepathic message to Heather. Heather come quick! It's Larry! He's in the fight with Trinity... It looks bad… Tears rolled down her eyes crying

Heather's smile faded away quickly at Sara's mental intrusion. She quickly excused herself from Cassandra, Damien, and the water creature before doing something no one should do in a pool...run.

She slid to a halt and looked to the TV. Her eyes widen and her head began to shake while her hands came up to her mouth. She didn't gasp, she only whispered "no" over and over again under her breath.

The dragoness began to cry as she slowly approached the TV. Theonis was doing something for her brother, but all she could see was Her brother kneeling motionless in a pool of blood that was originating from his chest.

"Oh God!" she cried. She then whipped around to Sara and quickly asked, "Where are they?! Where is this happening?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Larry's head bobbed as he glanced at Theonis through cloudy eyes. "Cold. Mmmf...sleepy." he muttered. It was getting hard for him to keep his head up.

Damien craned his head to glance at the water creature. His gaze shifted between the two "women."

"Did it work?" he asked. "Can she talk?"

Alec's eyes narrowed as the events unfolded on the TV. He stated, "The big guy's sacrifice and the man's intrusion has caused a divergent branch of events outside of the most likely scenario. Someone will die, and the shadows will strike."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:58 pm
Ako was glad to see that Gidget didn't seem to be under any kind of restraint, not even handcuffs, but that's when he noticed her arm. It's hadn't been like that before. It was whole the last time it touched him. The sight of the bandages without even the slightest hint of a hand beneath them was enough to jar his foggy mind into gear. A low gear, maybe, but it was something.

As he looked around for a way to get to her, he noticed the fight again. Or rather, where the fight had been. There was Theo, and the big guy, but no Chuck. Just a large pool of blood. He couldn't see very well from his vantage point, but he got the feeling from the worried look on Theo's face that the blood wasn't Chuck's. Ako cursed, looking back to Gidget.

Did he go and try to save Gidget, who didn't seem to be in immediate danger, or did he go to this guy that he barely knew, but who was obviously in need of help? He didn't have much medical experience at all, but he knew a little about treating the kind of injuries one got in a fight. Theo seemed to know what he was doing, but it didn't look like the big guy was going to make it.

With another look between the aftermath of the fight, and a longing look back at Gidget, Ako ran as best he could to Larry and Theo. He hoped she would understand. The big guy was going under, his big eyelids closing. Ako got an idea, but it was probably stupid. It would keep the guy awake, but would likely speed up his heart rate. If Theo's force-fields didn't hold, he could lose more blood. The adrenaline this was likely to release would help, though. In the end, Ako figured there wasn't much to lose.

He reached out to put a steadying hand on the big guy's upper arm, saying quietly to Theo; "Keep up the pressure," And at a normal volume, to Larry; "You're going to be okay, medics are on the way. Just stay with us!"

Just before his hand came in contact with Larry's arm, there was a slight pop of a stronger-than-usual arc of static. Not enough to cause a spasm or lock him up, like a Taser, but enough to get through the mental fuzziness he knew the big guy must be experiencing and wake him up. "Don't go to sleep!"  

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:16 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi

The dragoness began to cry as she slowly approached the TV. Theonis was doing something for her brother, but all she could see was Her brother kneeling motionless in a pool of blood that was originating from his chest.

"Oh God!" she cried. She then whipped around to Sara and quickly asked, "Where are they?! Where is this happening?!"

"I-I don't know… I'm not as familiar with the surface facilities… but if I were that guy, I'd take him to the hospital or something."

At the bottom of the screen it said
[LIVE: In the Colosseum in the basement of the Training facility ]

Rikki Tikki Travi
Alec's eyes narrowed as the events unfolded on the TV. He stated, "The big guy's sacrifice and the man's intrusion has caused a divergent branch of events outside of the most likely scenario. Someone will die, and the shadows will strike."

Kerana bit her lip as she continued to watch the events unfold. "Oh my…I hope it's not Larry."

She saw commotion and Theonis yelling. "Alec, I have to go. I'll come back and visit later ok?" After he responded she left the room, rubbing the tears from her eyes. She went back to check if Deora got her clothes on since the soldier was nice to bring in both Ako's and Deora's clothes. "Hey Deora, we need to help Larry. He's in the Colosseum and things aren't looking to good."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:06 pm
Trinity breathed easier as Theonis left. She looked at the distriction he wrought. The bloody remains of Chuck's legs. She turned toward Chuck, unable to stand. She was so tempted to simply let Theonis go at it, but something told her it wasn't right. Despite all the lies and all the wrongs he caused, killing someone wasn't one of them. But what now… she let out a short breath.

"All right fight is over, Chuck won, I surrender. We need medics over here!"
As much ahe hated to admit it, she did technically surrender herself in hopes that it would save Larry's life. As the soldiers cuffed her she said,"I know you're too full of yourself to realized I just saved your life, like twice now so I doubt it would occur to you to say thanks. You had no idea, the temptation I was resisting to keep my man from slicing you through. Hopefully this…" she gestured with the cuffs, "will make us even for those years ago."

Nova Blancke

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Deora_Alvarez

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:50 pm
Deora had managed to get out of bed and dress herself, annoyed that everyone had just left her behind, even if they had more important business than waiting on her to lace up her shoes. It was a stupid thought, she knew, but she might have been able to help if they'd brought her along. How, she didn't know, but there might have been some use for her, better than watching the scene unfold on the TV. Even when she'd gotten herself dressed and ran a hand through her hair to get it back to some semblance of straight, all she could do was watch the screen, not knowing what to do. Did she try to track down the fox Kerana, or try to catch up to that older guy and the giant Larry?

When Larry went down, she knew she should get to him, but all she could do was cover her mouth to hide the gasp of surprise. She saw Theonis and the older guy rush to his side, but she knew he wouldn't make it. What could they do for such an injury. He'd lost so much blood. It just flowed out of the wound.

Flowed.

A flash of an idea of how she could help rushed through her mind, but she shoved it away. There was no way she could get his blood back into him. She didn't have that level of fine control, and the thought of moving someone's blood like that just seemed...wrong. Magia negro.

Would she try something so strange if it could safe a life?

Her thoughts were interrupted when Kerana came back into the room, saying just what she was thinking she should be doing. "What are we supposed to do?" She asked, finally taking her hand away from her mouth.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:14 am
Chuck was trying to control his breathing to calm down. To distract himself from the fact that, despite Trinity's surrender, he lost his legs. Sweat rolled down his forehead.
"It's...enough...I now know....I could have beaten you...ah...all those years ago. Take her away. And after...he is done....arrest that guy who did....this!"

Theo turned his head at the sight of Trinity being arrested. "He never accepted your defeat!" He managed to say before focusing on Larry once more. He gave Ako a nod as he approached. It seemed he managed to see what was more important at the moment. Larry.

After that he looked around. " Where are my medics?!?" He shouted

The anticipation grew within the shadows. It waited...and waited...but soon it could strike.

"It is....difficult to...imitate speech." The water elemental spoke with some difficulty. It didn't sound clear. It sounded as if someone talked through a layer of water. Something that was very fitting for this situation.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:39 pm
Deora_Alvarez

Her thoughts were interrupted when Kerana came back into the room, saying just what she was thinking she should be doing. "What are we supposed to do?" She asked, finally taking her hand away from her mouth.

"I don't know. Maybe, bring them some healers. It looks like they're going to need all the-"

Her ears sloped as she saw Trinity turning herself in, "Why? Why is she doing that? She win the fight didn't she? Wait, Chuck won? How can that be? He's not even standing… isn't that an automatic loss? I'm very confused." cat_confused  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:02 pm
The Count of Monte Carlo
With another look between the aftermath of the fight, and a longing look back at Gidget, Ako ran as best he could to Larry and Theo. He hoped she would understand. The big guy was going under, his big eyelids closing. Ako got an idea, but it was probably stupid. It would keep the guy awake, but would likely speed up his heart rate. If Theo's force-fields didn't hold, he could lose more blood. The adrenaline this was likely to release would help, though. In the end, Ako figured there wasn't much to lose.

He reached out to put a steadying hand on the big guy's upper arm, saying quietly to Theo; "Keep up the pressure," And at a normal volume, to Larry; "You're going to be okay, medics are on the way. Just stay with us!"

Just before his hand came in contact with Larry's arm, there was a slight pop of a stronger-than-usual arc of static. Not enough to cause a spasm or lock him up, like a Taser, but enough to get through the mental fuzziness he knew the big guy must be experiencing and wake him up. "Don't go to sleep!"

Larry groaned in annoyance and pain. He was so tired. He just wanted to sleep. His eyes opened a little more at the stimulation, but he was still very pale. He began to sob again.

Gidget was glad to see Ako and Theonis tending to the most urgent issue right now. She wasn't sure how long the big guy would hold out, even with the help of the dynamic boyfriend duo.

She wasn't pleased by Trinity's decision, but she knew it had to be done for the sake of the plan. She just hoped that nothing else unexpected happened.

She approached the guard again and demanded, "There, the big show is done. Now let me go and help take care of the bleeding child on stage. Their going to need as many bodies as possible to move that much kid."

Kerana
"I-I don't know… I'm not as familiar with the surface facilities… but if I were that guy, I'd take him to the hospital or something."

At the bottom of the screen it said
[LIVE: In the Colosseum I the basement of the Training facility ]

Heather shook her head frantically. "They had to bring him in here with an elephant transport truck. They're not gonna be able to move him."

She turned back toward the TV and saw what she had missed in her panic: the location of the event.

"The Colosseum." she muttered. She didn't even know this place had such a large gathering hall outside of the assembly area she had been to on her first day there.

Without so much as a goodbye, Heather began to run back toward the training area as fast as her Draconic legs could carry her. She didn't even care that she was naked. All she knew was that Lawrence needed his big sister.

Nova Blancke
"It is....difficult to...imitate speech." The water elemental spoke with some difficulty. It didn't sound clear. It sounded as if someone talked through a layer of water. Something that was very fitting for this situation.

Damien smiled at the elemental. "I'm sorry, but I'm sure with time and practice you'll be conversing without a second thought."

The boy coughed up a little more fluid before he shivered a bit. "W-w-what do you int-t-tend to do now?"

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:51 pm
Theo knew he could keep this up for a long time and Larry was holding out but for how long? But where were those medics? He was running out of patience.

"Fine..if they won't come to us....."Theonis used his power to apply enough force to lift Larry of the ground. He really had to split his focus to do both but he managed. There was no way he could do this before he met that Damian kid. he had to thank him after this.

"Help me guide him . He's weightless now so just steer. I'm not going to risk dividing my attention even more." The could move. But it wasn't very fast.

Cassandra continued to comfort the boy but she did glare at the water elemental.

"I...am not sure. What purpose is..... there? Why..do I live?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:37 pm
Damien pondered the question for a moment. It was a question that he had asked himself earlier. The answer came quickly enough for him. His ability to fully develop a Metahumans source guided him to people who needed that power.

"I want to give you an answer that is satisfactory, but I'm afraid all I can offer is speculation based on my own experience of being alive for the last few hours."

"I allow my instincts to guide me. There are people in this facility that are incomplete, in danger, or damaged because of the source that gives them the power that made us. Because of what my origin I can complete, save, or correct these people. I have gleaned into their minds, though inadvertently, to see what it is that gives them purpose."

"For a man I completed, it was love, and then it was perseverance for the woman after him. For the girl with wings you just saw, she was dying because she sought to face the fear that came with her power. Her sibling desired safety for himself and those he cared for."

"For you...I'm not sure. I suppose you must find the answer for yourself. If I may offer a suggestion: get to know the people of of this facility. So far they have been...interesting. You might find your answer that way."

Rikki Tikki Travi

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:25 pm
Where are the healers? Where's Valhalla's top notch emergency team? Why aren't they answering my call?

These are the questions that were coming into everyone's minds. The audience may have looked like they weren't doing anything but they were doing everything they could to reach out to the medbay to get the boy some help.

At the medbay, the com system crashed due to the overflow of people trying to reach them. A lot of the medical staff were focused on treating their patients to pay attention to the tv.

A messenger that was a speedy meta, named Hans was simply on his route to the medbay.

One of the healers, Cassie looked finally had a moment to look at the tv and saw what was going on. "Oh no..." She went to the front desk and found the people there trying to get the system up and running. She wondered how was she was going to get there in time.

Kerana saw the girl with concern in her eyes. "Hey are you a healer? You really need to get over to the Colloseum our friend could really use your help."

"Yes... as well as Mr.Chuck Richards." she noticed the look the fox girl was giving here. "I know what he's done and regardless the boy's condition will come first. But my job is to save lives and not to choose sides.

What I'm really worried about right now is how am I going to get there to save-"

A blurr entered, wooshed by tossing the girls' hair, and Hans was in the process of delivering the mail in the boxes. Once he was almost done. "Hey we could use your speed. There's an emergency."

"Sure how can I help?" Hans asked.
"Can you get me there?" Cassie pointed to the monitor.
Hans was a bit hesitant because of the situation the monitor displayed. There was a reason why he didn't want to work for the med bay. His face grew pale at the sight of blood.

Kerana spoke up, "Please, our friend really needs your help."

Looking at the fox girl's concerned eyes Hans couldn't help but try. He took a deep breath.
"Okay... but I can't stay for long." Hans picked up Cassie, "Hold on tight." Cassie nodded and they rushed off.

Kerana turned toward Deora, "They may need more healers..."

Cassie and Hans were next got next to Theonis. Hans looked at the blood and fainted. "Oh my..." Cassie bit her lip and had to prioritize. "Please sir put him down. I'm a healer and I can help stabilize him."

((OOC: Cassie and Hans are up for grabs... as needed))  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:46 pm
Ako stayed by Larry's side as Theonis lifted the giant body, ready to guide him down the corridors to the medbay. He was beginning to worry if they would make it in time, when two figures, a man carrying a woman, sped up to them before they could even build momentum to get Larry moving. An eyebrow lifted involuntarily as the the man fainted, which apparently surprised the woman, as well. He opened his mouth to ask who they were, when the woman explained what she was. A breath of relief escaped Ako's lips, and as Theonis lowered Larry to the ground, he quietly spoke to the healer; "I'm an electrical meta. If you need a defib, let me know," He said before taking a step back to give her space to work.  

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:16 am
Theo was surprised but in a good way. Finally some ******** help. He laid Larry down gently. His force fields remained. If he let those go then Larry'd bleed out just as fast as he did before.

"I'm keeping him from bleeding out. So please tell me what you are trying to do so I can compensate.".

As Trinity was being escorted, the Shadow Elemental struck. Tendrills struck out from the shadows of the guards, skewering them before ripping them apart. They retracted just as easily before appearing somewhere else again. It lashed out to the majority of lights, creating more shadow for itself. It was smarter now. The elementals seemed to share a form of intelligence. When there were 3 they weren't as smart. Just mindless. As the Electricity Elemental was vanquished, the strain was lessened, allowing for more intelligence for the remaining two. But now it's kin had received the gift of sentience. This allowed for even more energy to flow to the Shadow Elemental since it's watery kin no longer needed it. It was not as smart as it's kin but close.

A dull distorted voice echoed from the arena. " Consume.....Source...give me....Source.

Chuck looked around as he tended to the stumps of his legs. Tying a belt around on and the sleeve of his shirt around the other to stop more blood loss. He looked around as the guards died. She hasn't lose her power! Did she fool me again?! This required drastic measures. Reaching out for his phone he called Liv. She was supposed to have her powers!

Before she could answer properly Chuck already commanded her to come down to the arena right this second..  
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... 552 553 554 555 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games