Welcome to Gaia! ::

~The Haven For Harry Potter Fanatics~

Back to Guilds

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Dumbledore's Army, Marauders, Magic 

Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
Why is it that most of the goths I know like Slytherin? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

David FTW

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:39 pm
Twisted Patronus
Homigwtf. Poppet.
Twisted Patronus
Homigwtf. Poppet.
Twisted Patronus
I don't thinka anyone knows what goth means actually, they just adopted the word to describe themselves.... Goth is actually Gothic which is a form of literature and archetecure (SP)

Yea, but I think they got it because the gothic style is a bit dark. I've seen a gothic tower, and chruch. I would never go near those. Too freaky.

I love the style of archetecure x.x but I am me I'm no 'goth' or 'prep' I'm me

I'm emo. A happy emo. ;D

.-. And a third year. xD

lol yeah im glad the guild starts you off as a first year cvause if it went on age I'd be in my last year T.T

xD I would be in my 6th year.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:40 pm
Homigwtf. Poppet.
Twisted Patronus
Homigwtf. Poppet.
Twisted Patronus
Homigwtf. Poppet.
Twisted Patronus
I don''t thinka anyone knows what goth means actually, they just adopted the word to describe themselves.... Goth is actually Gothic which is a form of literature and archetecure (SP)

Yea, but I think they got it because the gothic style is a bit dark. I''ve seen a gothic tower, and chruch. I would never go near those. Too freaky.

I love the style of archetecure x.x but I am me I''m no ''goth'' or ''prep'' I''m me

I''m emo. A happy emo. ;D

.-. And a third year. xD

lol yeah im glad the guild starts you off as a first year cvause if it went on age I''d be in my last year T.T

xD I would be in my 6th year.

Coolness  

Mister Whiskers

David FTW

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:41 pm
Twisted Patronus
Homigwtf. Poppet.
Twisted Patronus
Homigwtf. Poppet.
KimCL
Johnny Cash was the first true 'goth' since he wore all black.

I don't like black. Everyone thinks it's so sad and that.... it's not even a color. gonk

I like to wear black but I rather red and green x.x not together thats too x-mas-y

I like neon colors. x3

lol I can tell ^_^''

Joy. =D You should have seen my last avatar. Yellow and green, however it wasn't on this account. I have like 5 accounts. gonk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:44 pm
Homigwtf. Poppet.
Twisted Patronus
Homigwtf. Poppet.
Twisted Patronus
Homigwtf. Poppet.
KimCL

I don't like black. Everyone thinks it's so sad and that.... it's not even a color. gonk

I like to wear black but I rather red and green x.x not together thats too x-mas-y

I like neon colors. x3

lol I can tell ^_^''

Joy. =D You should have seen my last avatar. Yellow and green, however it wasn't on this account. I have like 5 accounts. gonk
lol chea I had a few but it got too complicated when i got busy irl to keep track of everything  

Mister Whiskers

Mister Whiskers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:48 pm
Ehh.. My cats going crazy o.o'  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:48 pm
Twisted Patronus
Homigwtf. Poppet.
Twisted Patronus
Homigwtf. Poppet.
Twisted Patronus
Homigwtf. Poppet.
KimCL

I like neon colors. x3

lol I can tell ^_^''

lol chea I had a few but it got too complicated when i got busy irl to keep track of everything

I've never been busy in real life. xD I have no real life. =o, It's grand.

David FTW

Mister Whiskers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:51 pm
Homigwtf. Poppet.
Twisted Patronus
Homigwtf. Poppet.
Twisted Patronus
Homigwtf. Poppet.
Twisted Patronus
Homigwtf. Poppet.
KimCL

I like neon colors. x3

lol I can tell ^_^''

I've never been busy in real life. xD I have no real life. =o, It's grand.

lol i wish i had nothing better to do x.x i have to work finish school and get my drivers lisence  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:53 pm
Well, I should be doing that stuff. But... I'm way too lazy. xD

David FTW

Mister Whiskers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:01 pm
Homigwtf. Poppet.
Well, I should be doing that stuff. But... I''m way too lazy. xD

lol nahh its fun to be lazy once and a while ^_^''  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:38 am
BeeBrittney
rofl

Ah, this thread makes me laugh.

And I agree with what a lot of people said. "Gawthz" think they are "dark" and "evil" or just "don't fit in" or are "hated" so I guess they think they would fit in best with Slytherin which is wrongly named evil. You don't have to be evil to be a Slytherin. Slytherin just has the qualities it takes to get what you want... Power... Control... Candy... It really is overly stero typed.

I know of a lot of people who aren't goth's who are Slytherin's or believe they are. But the majority of goths think they are Slytherins.

I personally don't really fit into a stero type, which is nice. Stero types, to me, are just another way to restrict you from meeting people. I mean, maybe a "Pr3p" and a "G4wth" would be the best of friends if they didn't restrict themselves because of their clothes or music.
candy??  

Ellamir

Lepidus Light

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:39 pm
The goths I know won't even touch a Harry Potter book, much less like Slytherin.

I suppose goths like that particular House since it's darker, spawns more evil, and possibly the sadistic nature of the students...?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:12 pm
I think the whole idea of goths being attracted to Slytherin is funny. I think the whole goth and punk revolution is kind of ridorkulous because they claim to be individualistic but they all dress the same!!! Okay I'm done ranting and I'm off my soapbox *whew*...  

rokinrockafeller

the ever amazing charlie

Popular Prophet

5,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:16 am
I'm not goth or anything... i guess in my Britishness i'm stereo-typed as a "goth/punk/emo/thing" which i think is sill why not stereo-type me as ME.

Fools. xD

Goths [coughwhoarn'treallygoths/cough] think that because Slythering generally goes onto the dark arts, then that is the house to be in. But it's not the fact that Slytherin is an evil house, it's just the people inside that house and what they choose to do with their lives. xD

Just like any other house. A Gryffindor could become the darkest wizard known to man, because they have the power to, but choose to remain hope for all others, Like Dumbledore.

¬¬ I'll stop typing now. Sorry for the rant biggrin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:55 pm
maybe because it has evil people in slytherin, so thats basicly why, but hey im a goth, well kinda, i just dress like them nothing else, i like gryffindor, and since i likt that house, but hate slytherin, i would mostly fit in the hufflepuff group, since the hufflepuffs are the ones who cant really fit in with the rest of the houses.  

loyal_inferi

Niozik

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:21 am
Slytherin is all about that stuff, being mean and secluded.  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff