Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mein Kulturkampf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:47 pm
flyingemublue
your posts are to Looooooonnnggggg.

i read all of them. If being gay was right why would you need so much 'proof'.

I need so much proof that homosexuality is "right" because if I don't provide all that proof, people can say I'm wrong and homosexuality is wrong.

Quote:
Quote: God made Adam and Eve, not Adan and Steve. I also have a feeling you accept the theory of evolution as true. Well sorry to spoil it if you thought being gay was caused by a gene, well its not. Evolution clearly states that genes must be able to be pasted on, sorry to tell you two guys can't make a baby.

Scientists have shown connections to genes for homosexuality being linked to genes for increased fertility in the opposite sex.
What I mean to say is, if your mother is extremely fertile or has a heightened sex drive towards men, that could make you gay. This doesn't work for me, because apparently my mother is lesbian in denial, but hey, if it's viable for other people, and it explains the evolution problem, it's logical.

As for Adam and Eve, there are many biblical relationships that break that model. So don't use it as a condemnation of one particular relationship.

Quote:
PS sorry if i sound mean, I just wanted to point some things out.

MICAH
PS I would love to talk more about this, so PM me.

I would, but I get banned so often we couldn't have a decent conversation. I'd be happy to debate here though.

Quote:
also there have been many scholars looking at passages like the ones you referenced for about 2000 years most if not all agreed that the passages should look like they do now:hence how they look now. People have tryed to connect CHriastianity to our cultur with 'Desprite' theorys like the Gap theory or the Local flood theory. But it doesn't work to well.

The problem is, these scholars only look at the passages themselves. They don't look at the culture surrounding them, and if they do so out of curiousity, they are forbidden from adding that cultural context into the Bible out of respect for the divinely inspired scriptures. As a result, we have a Bible that refers to a culture 2000 years ago, with very different customs, as you recognise, but people try to apply the words written to that culture to this culture.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:14 pm
Mein Kulturkampf

I need so much proof that homosexuality is "right" because if I don't provide all that proof, people can say I'm wrong and homosexuality is wrong.

--I Was pointing out you use all these crazy websites, where as I just use phrases and bible passages. If being gay was right one of the beattitudes would say 'Blessed are the Gay.', or if it was wrong then there would be verses like 1 Corinthians 6:9--

Scientists have shown connections to genes for homosexuality being linked to genes for increased fertility in the opposite sex.

--The difference between us and apes is 1% of our DNA, Now if you look at the differences you'll notice 1% is alot. If scientist realy found a Gene like that they've most likely found a Gene relating us to a rock too--

What I mean to say is, if your mother is extremely fertile or has a heightened sex drive towards men, that could make you gay. This doesn't work for me, because apparently my mother is lesbian in denial, but hey, if it's viable for other people, and it explains the evolution problem, it's logical.

--So if your mother is lesbian and doesn't have a sex drive towards men at all the completely explans why your gay. lol. or mabye That gene doesn't exist just like the one that relates us to a rock, and you like the oppisite sex because your mother does and that has an infuence on you. if you don't understand let me give you an example:If ones father is a ganster and brings his son to work with him then his son most likely will also be a ganster. The apple doesn't fall far from the Tree.--

As for Adam and Eve, there are many biblical relationships that break that model. So don't use it as a condemnation of one particular relationship.

--Like what? Sure, there may be some romans like that, but i don't think you find any Gay people God favors

The problem is, these scholars only look at the passages themselves. They don't look at the culture surrounding them, and if they do so out of curiousity,

--Explain the thousands of Commentarys? --

they are forbidden from adding that cultural context into the Bible out of respect for the divinely inspired scriptures.

--When someone adds to the Bible it may be spiritualy inspired, but the bigger part is that it becomes less accurate. If the bible is our Handbook for Life it's important that it's accurate--

As a result, we have a Bible that refers to a culture 2000 years ago, with very different customs, as you recognise, but people try to apply the words written to that culture to this culture.

--True and there is nothing wrong with that. there is not only the objective but also the subjective--

Didn't mean to sound mean if thats the way it came out.

Micah J

PS sorry 'bout the Quote thing i can never realy get that right domokun  

flyingemublue

Ombrophobia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:52 pm
I don't know about anyone here, but from someone who's struggled with this issue or a long time, I have to say that it's not a choice, or a DNA thing, but a realization. Like in preschool, I remember swearing to my best friend that I was in love with this girl, Alli...

A week later i got my first kiss from my next door neighbor Josh because he came to my frog's funeral, and I was over Alli. Needless to say I was over Josh even faster than Alli.

At any rate, I believe that I just realized that I like boys and girls. I'm fine with that now.

(I guess you could really call me a pansexual, cause I went out with a transsexual female.) (That means she was a male, but then they turned her outie to an innie.)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:50 am
I've struggled with being gay to. My best friend was gay, so I turned out Gay, 'cause people end up acting like there friends. I've stuck my hands down peoples pockets and up their shirts. and I kissed a guy and relized how gay I really was. But i do not at all say its not by choose. I knew My best friend was gay and i could have stayed away from him, and been strait that whole time. Makes you think about what happens to people when there sorounded by people who tell them that being gay comes naturaly to some people.

Micah
PS 1 peter 4:8 has nothing to do with being bisexual, it says that we should love each other like we love God.  

flyingemublue

willgator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:20 pm
God made you to reproduce and u cant do tht with someone of the same race plz read the text were it says god will not give u more than u can bare meaning that god will not make u do sumthin u cant handle such as bieng gay which is a huge struggle inside which means u have a choice  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:41 pm
My siggy says 1 Peter 4:8 because to me, that's all that really matters.

@ willgator, Thats an awful big jump to make for that to make sense. And thank you for trying to dismember all I have to stand on. If I have a choice when did I make it? I don't remember ever being given a choice. Unless that was when I was 5. 5 year olds don't have the capacity to make such a choice.  

Ombrophobia

flyingemublue

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:03 pm
Read my quote in the leviticus 11 debate.

and whats our comment on my previous quote.

Micah  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:39 pm
Homosexuality is a choice of sexual prefrence
And there isn't anything really wrong with it

General of Clowns

Debates

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items