Welcome to Gaia! ::

~The Haven For Harry Potter Fanatics~

Back to Guilds

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Dumbledore's Army, Marauders, Magic 

Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
You knew it would come eventually - The Romance Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poor_huni

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:10 pm
Empress_Kat
Poor_huni

I'm not to fond of Snape or Draco with Harry -dodges the frying pans from the obvious fans- It's just... The hate between them. Oddly, My friends and I were discussing snape / harry last night ^_^ Good times.

but see, the hate between them, that's the whole point! That's what makes the fic interesting! Of course, by now I've read so much SS/HP and DM/HP that I can't really imagine reading a fic that doesn't involve a lot of hate to get around.

I can tolerate it... If it's actually good... But when its just like

Harry: I hate you
Snape: I hate you back
Harry: ...
Snape: ...
Harry: So... Wanna screw?
-fluffy love ensues-

Or replace snape with harry... I like it to be well though out... and stuff... I remember a draco / harry plotbunny I had... It was fluffy.

-So sontradictory-  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:14 pm
Yeah, a lot of it can be pretty crappily written... I try to avoid those fics, and if that doesn't work, I try to avoid insulting the author as much as possible. Often, I fail in that.

But yes... Other pairings can be horribley thought out too though, even obvious ones like Ron.Hermione, where it would be the simplest thing to put them together, can be badly thought out.  

Empress_Kat
Crew

Poor_huni

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:16 pm
Empress_Kat
Yeah, a lot of it can be pretty crappily written... I try to avoid those fics, and if that doesn't work, I try to avoid insulting the author as much as possible. Often, I fail in that.

But yes... Other pairings can be horribley thought out too though, even obvious ones like Ron.Hermione, where it would be the simplest thing to put them together, can be badly thought out.

Yeah. One thing I REALLY hate reading now is Lily / James.

I mean, there are some pairings I can fight off saying 'No canon evidence'.

But that one IS CANON! They have a child!

I've just seen waaaaay to many James / Lily badfics... I really hate reading it now...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:22 am
I'm a Hermione and Ron. Then I don't really know.
Harry/Ginny perhaps, or Neville/Ginny, both works for me. xp  

chibi_chan
Crew

Dirtay Emo Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:24 am
...To bad Rowling with doubtably ever do slash but it'd be awesome if Harry paired up with Ron. I agree, Ron/Hermione is incredibly believable. And Harry...he'll may get back together with Cho, you never know. Or Ginny possibly, but Harry doesn't really show romantic interest for anyone except Cho. Yet.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:04 pm
I don't really know. Since I'm an author, I usually get to play God with my pairings in my stories. So, I'll switch from Harry/Hermione to Ron/Hermione, mixed with a Harry/Ginny and a Blaise/Luna. Besides, one of my stories, I got flamed because they don't see Harry and Hermione more than anything but friends...well, Honestly, the reason I wrote my story that way is because I used my cousin and her bf as a model...they were SO platonic, but crushing on each other since he was in high school (he's three years older)...they started going out last year.  

darkangeloflight14

Sumurika

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:34 am
I like the idea of Ron and Hermione, and also Harry and Ginny.
And, don't anybody go all domokun scream evil on me or anything, but I'm not a big slash fan. I have nothing against it, I just seem to like non-slash pairings better.
(Spoiler)
And for Dirtay Emo Bunny, if you think Harry has no other romantic interest than with Cho, you must not have read the sixth book yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:48 am
I agree greatly to Neville/Ginny. I mean, I think it would really be good for Neville, to gain some confidance. Ginny is a confidant person, and Neville is far from it, maybe he could learn a lot from her.

Although in OotP Neville gained a lot of confidance, when in the Department of Mysteries, but I still would like to see more.

3nodding

Isotropes

Magnetic Conversationalist

King_me_Macabre

5,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:23 pm
I think Harry/ginny
Ron/Herminie  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:14 pm
well i like it the way it is i always new that ginny and harry and ron and hermione would be the pairings since the fourth book.  

Potter351

Niozik

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:40 pm
Now that the sixth book is out I think that Viktor Krum and possible Cho will get together, seems clever now that Harry is taken and Hermoine.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:48 pm
Even though (spoiler) Harry and Ginny got together in HBP, I don't think that's how it's going to be. I think Ron/Hermione and since Ginny will get sick of waiting for Harry, Ginny/Neville. I believe Harry will die in the end but if he doesn't then Harry/Luna.  

Diana_Faye

-okonomiyaki o konomu-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:48 am
Diana_Faye
Even though (spoiler) Harry and Ginny got together in HBP, I don't think that's how it's going to be. I think Ron/Hermione and since Ginny will get sick of waiting for Harry, Ginny/Neville. I believe Harry will die in the end but if he doesn't then Harry/Luna.

SpoilerIn Mugglenet's interview, JKR basically says that Ginny is Harry's ideal girlfriend and that's she been planning for them to get together. While I still love the idea of Neville/Ginny, I'm afraid that it's meant to be Harry/Ginny (However boring that pairing may be). Ginny doesn't seem the type to get sick of waiting afterall. I mean, how many years has liked Harry? Harry's probably going to somehow realize that he shouldn't have broken up with her in the next book and they will be back together before the end.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:01 am
KirikoAkushi
Diana_Faye

SpoilerIn Mugglenet's interview, JKR basically says that Ginny is Harry's ideal girlfriend and that's she been planning for them to get together. While I still love the idea of Neville/Ginny, I'm afraid that it's meant to be Harry/Ginny (However boring that pairing may be). Ginny doesn't seem the type to get sick of waiting afterall. I mean, how many years has liked Harry? Harry's probably going to somehow realize that he shouldn't have broken up with her in the next book and they will be back together before the end.

I actually wrote a fanfic about that (its in the fanfiction sticky), which is strange because I'm usally more into slashy pairings with Harry/Draco. But it was a case of finishing HBP and then Ping! instant story in my head.  

Deth Pixie

7,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150

[~.Miss.Jax.~]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:15 am
I personally am with the whole Hermione-Ron thing, just about everyone I talk to is. I think Harry will be with Ginny. I've thought since long before the 6th book, so that is not where I got the idea. Oh, and I think DEFINITELY that crabbe and Goyle are made for each other. lol rofl  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff