Your Book of Shadows Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dark_angel_32189

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:15 pm
Urishima Kazama
Are Christians allowed these books? And if so, how do I get one?

It's more of a religious thing. It's where we right down our rituals and spells and whatnot. And it can also be used as a journal to right down or our religious experiences. All you really need to do to get one is to buy a journal... that's all it is really.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:21 pm
dark_angel_32189
Urishima Kazama
Are Christians allowed these books? And if so, how do I get one?

It's more of a religious thing. It's where we right down our rituals and spells and whatnot. And it can also be used as a journal to right down or our religious experiences. All you really need to do to get one is to buy a journal... that's all it is really.

You've been really good to me! I have one more question though. What God do Wiccans believe in? Do they believe in Heavan and Hell? If I didn't fear God, I might convert. I GET IT! God must be real if I fear Him enough that I absoloutly won't do things!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!! CONNECTIONS!! I fear the supernatural, which means it is real too! I AM NO LONGER A SKEPTIC! *goes on a happy-psychotic joy-thing* I am now feeling something I have only felt one other time! And that is when I was slow dancing/hugging my girlfriend! WHAT IS THIS! I LOVE THIS FEELING!  

Violent Rain

dark_angel_32189

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:26 pm
Urishima Kazama

You've been really good to me! I have one more question though. What God do Wiccans believe in? Do they believe in Heavan and Hell? If I didn't fear God, I might convert. I GET IT! God must be real if I fear Him enough that I absoloutly won't do things!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!! CONNECTIONS!! I fear the supernatural, which means it is real too! I AM NO LONGER A SKEPTIC! *goes on a happy-psychotic joy-thing* I am now feeling something I have only felt one other time! And that is when I was slow dancing/hugging my girlfriend! WHAT IS THIS! I LOVE THIS FEELING!

It's my job to help! Wiccans believe in a God and a Goddess, neither of them being all good or all evil, as in the Christian religion. And there is no need to fear either of them. The thing with Christianity that I don't like the most is that they put fear into their followers to get them to believe in what they want them to believe in. I think we have a thread about the God and Goddess in the Academy... I'll go find the link for you. We believe in a place called The Summerland. It's where our souls go inbetween lives to prepare for the next life and whatnot. It's pretty much the Wiccan equivalent of the Christian Heaven.

Edit: Here's the link to that thread.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:23 pm
MorganeLeFaye
Everyone seems to have covered what goes into it, but what about what it is composed of?

I really actually wouldn't want a notebook, per say, but maybe a three-ring binder.

The instant that I need to move something in my BoS would be the instant that I stopped using it, if it were a notebook/little hardcover diary-type-thing. I need structure. x.x

I guess my question is, would a three-ring binder be at all appropriate? xD
I acutually have 2 big three ring binders. One is for research on topics (Astral Projection, Dreams, Chakras, Egyptian Magick), tables, charts, blah etch. And my 2nd one consists of all my workings and notes and ideas dealing with anything and everything magickal in my life. I also have one for my personal life to keep my thoughts organized. Another tip is to use a database on your computer to keep your ideas organized and together instead of dealing with paper.  

Lysdexic Lolerskate

Lysdexic Lolerskate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:25 pm
WitchyBoy
ive been in the craft for eight years and in that time ive only filled one b.o.s. Not because im lazy but because my parents stole all my stuff like four times so ive had to start from scratch every time gonk
Haha that happened to our family. My mother was organizing her grandmother's book of shadows on our table and then we had to go do something and our maid accidently threw parts of it away. it was really embarassing and we dug through the trash until we could find it all. We weren't mad, we were laughing about it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:00 pm
I just have one huge 3 ring binder for my BoS. I'm seriously OCD about being organized, so I have to be able to move things easily. I use dividers to seperate the different sections. I'm really in need of some more dividers though, cause I have a few things overlapping, and I also have a lot more I need to add that doesn't have a section yet. O_o Right now, the sections I have are Basic Witchery, Spells/Chants/etc., Sabbats/esbats, Potions/herb uses/stones/etc., and Recipes/Random/etc. lol. Like I said, I need WAY more dividers. Everythings overlapping and im going insane!!!.......Anyways, I should be getting some more very soon. I just told my older sister a second ago. So, she'll get 'em for me in about a day or so. ^_^ YAY! lol. I'm in need of a rituals section...Most definitely. lol. Yea. I love my BoS!!!!!  

Sirenic-Angel1014u

Rainbow wonder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:23 pm
Aurellion

Hannah, good job. xd Maybe you should do a "how to" for creating the lock.. Actually, when we get the newsletter all sorted out - could you do it as an article?

Done! Hehe, it's in The Acadamy as a How To sort of thing with instructions ^-^

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:19 am
When I save enough money I'm going to buy a couple black binders, some paper, and maybe a gold and a silver paint pen. (I hate being broke all the time, it makes things difficult.) Right now I'm writing stuff down in a tiny notebook that I will transfer later. (oh, I need some dividers too. When it comes to papers about stuff that is important to me, I'm obsessive.)  

Demona Nightwing

Lysine

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:05 pm
I've got a BoS on the computer that I dowloaded from a site with lots of software...I think their's a thread with links to software sights and one of them has this.
Anyway, I only downloaded it today and I'm already starting to fill it.
It's got the following sections:
Spells
Rituals
Incense
Recipes.
I've also got a spiral-bound 100 page notebook that I write down tarot stuff in.
So yeah. I seriously don't have as much sections as I want.
I think I want a few big three-ring binders for me too keep EVERYTHING in, and another for the stuff I use most.
And maybe a notebook for meanings (of runes, herbs, colours, tarot cards, symbols, directions, etc.etc.etc.)
So yeah, it seems I'm going to turn out with a LIBRARY of Shadows. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:24 pm
User Image

I'm just now starting out on making my book of shadows, but I have a pretty good idea what will be put in it. I already have a binder set up for it but I want to go out and get a black binder for it instead of the purple one I'm using now.

I'm not completely sure, but I'm thinking of keeping a copy of my Book on my computer incase, heaven forbid, something happens to my Book. This is my personal computer so I don't have to worry about anyone finding it on the computer because no one is allowed on my computer.

User Image

Fiona Rokkar

[Helmorana]

7,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:50 am
I have just recently found the most adorable little notebook that I fell completely in love with. Gotta love book stores.

There's nothing much in it at the moment, except for the Shri Hanuman Chalisa and a few prayers, but it's getting there. A pocket prayer book, I guess, that's what it's going to be. We'll see what it ends up as xd  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:41 pm
I have a little book that I call my "Book of Winds" (in honor of Zephyrus)
It's kind of like a book of shadows, but it goes more in depth into what my beliefs actually are as opposed to spells and rituals.  

Roufette

amethystrain24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:23 pm
Well, since I'm still so new to Wicca, my book is in it's infancy. Right now, it's just a spiral notebook and I've written in it like a journal and a few notes. I'm hoping to make my "real" book eventually and fill it up with all kinds of things. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:25 pm
am3thyst_ra1n24
Well, since I'm still so new to Wicca, my book is in it's infancy. Right now, it's just a spiral notebook and I've written in it like a journal and a few notes. I'm hoping to make my "real" book eventually and fill it up with all kinds of things. biggrin

That's how I started. My first BOS was a three-ring binder that I shared with my best friend at the time. We kept it full of notes, journal entries, meditations, and spells, but her parents were uber-Christians and when they found out what my friend was up to, they destroyed the book. My parents were more lenient, so we started a new book, now opting for a bound ledger made from all-natural paper.

Since then I've had several books of shadows, most of them more like journals than spell books. I always try to go for a heavy-duty bound and blank book, though. They're got to be durable if you're hauling them out to the boonies and dragging them through rituals. wink  

LadySorcha

Mayuki Tsukino

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:55 am
Mine is on my computer, I found a download link for the Theban alphabet and everytime I'm done with it for the day I change it to Theban so noone can read it.... :]  
The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff