Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Checking up (Rep + Legacies) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:05 am

Rep had expected screaming, he just hadn't expected the voice. His mother's voice had such an immediate effect on him that he fell to his knees, pressed against the door as if he could hear it better. It didn't matter that it was something truly horrible screaming at him in her words, it was her voice, and he had felt for so long like he'd forgotten what she even sounded like.

He felt worthless and ungrateful, curling up like a child.

"I'm sorry." he said as it kept on and on. "I'm sorry."

If he hadn't been told not to, he might have let her in. When it was over he stayed where he was, alone. He wanted to wake up and exist in a world again where he could tell himself it had been a dream, that she was gone and he had failed her and forgotten her.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:01 pm
"Ow."

Right after Rep heard those words he would feel his body being jolted, and then immediately brought back to consciousness.

Sam was right in front of Rep, examining his shoe. "Nice solid titanium skull, tiger." He squinted at Rep's body lying on the sand suspiciously. "I could have sworn, you know what I don't have time for this, here, you give this to Mark, I'll come talk to you never."

With that Sam wandered off to the lighthouse quite close by, leaving an IOU note for Rep to give to Mark with no explanation what the IOU was for and no longer explanation, other than the unrelenting feeling of salt and sand in Rep's mouth of how long they had been unconscious.

Baneful

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:13 pm

Rep was honestly just glad to be awake and alive, it didn't matter to him that what he woke up to was sand, salt and pain. Also Sam.

He groaned and rolled onto his side, giving Sam a squinting glare, not gathering himself enough to talk before he sauntered off, leaving Rep with an IOU for Mark and no clue about what the ******** had just happened to ********." he coughed, getting up off the beach and dusting black sand off of himself dizzily, still mostly out of it but functioning.

The next task was to find Mark.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:23 pm
As Rep picked themselves up they would feel a little lighter, or perhaps heavier in the wrong places. A couple of Hunters - maybe ones that Rep had seen in passing a few times, stopped to stare-

- But also because Rep's coat was torn in all the wrong places, and their shirt seemed about ready to fall off any second now now. If there was one thing Destruction knew how to do it was thoroughly eviscerate almost anything. Even now the lingering angry screaming of Rep's mother remained.

Five more minutes down the trek to find Mark, Rep would find the Death lead instead, who looked remarkably normal and not fourteen. He just passed about six folders over, not even impressed by Rep's disheveled state. "File these by the end of the day and return them to the office."

If Rep did return to the office within any reasonable point of time, the barricade would be mostly disassembled, and Mark would be there, muttering something to himself as he worked on his duct taped together desk, a Death lead that was doing some sort of inventory count with the desk, and Oz reapplying black lipstick to the tips of his fingers.

Baneful

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:35 pm

It took Rep a bit.

Generally as things went, he was used to being shirtless, so a bit of a breeze wasn't normally a problem. He didn't even think anything of the people who stared, figuring it was because he was a little bit ******** up and had for a brief period been one of the oldest ******** people on the island. He moved on autopilot, trying to let the screaming fade from memory, repressing it back to the back of his mind.

His head hurt like ******** and he felt all ******** wrong. Light headed and really, really off.

He nodded obediently to Cael without a word, took the folders and kept on.

It was only when he looked down to check the folders distantly that he caught sight of something that really ******** shouldn't' have been there. He stopped walking slowly.

This......this ******** right at all.

He'd hit his head so it took a bit to register, still a bit concussed, but when it did, he dropped the pile of folders on the floor.

He was a ******** woman.

What followed was a lot of screaming, profanities too numerous to count, a panic attack and a hurtling run back to his room followed by a spectacular display of repression, panic and temporary denial.

When he emerged to find Mark he was wearing about 10 layers of clothes, his coat completely zipped up and wrapped in a mission cloak, in complete denial about all every inch of it and looking like a mobile clothing store.

"MARK." he said urgently, his voice significantly higher than normal. "Mark you need to help me FIGURE OUT WHAT THE ******** IS GOING ON." He slapped Sam's IOU down on the desk as an afterthought. "And ******** sent this, Sam."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:45 pm
Mark looked at Rep and groaned. "Sam never follows through his IOUs this is the worst." He buried his head in piles of papers and somehow still remained able to type relatively coherently on his laptop. "If anyone asks for anything it's Lucky's fault."

The Death lead was even worse, he wouldn't even have noticed if Rep was standing there as dressed as Botticelli's Venus, and was too busy trying to figure out where a certain map had gone. Oz, however, turned to look right at Rep, which was a rarity in itself as normally he just did whatever it was he did. The corners of his very black lips were also very much upturned. "Say everything slower. Really slow so us plebs can understand."

Baneful

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:49 pm

Rep was about to rant that it was Lucky's fault, entirely, and that this was all probably something to do with that ******** jar but stopped dead as Oz's attention drifted to him.

He froze up.

When he finally talked it was in a self-conscious and artificially lowered voice with deliberate added levels of gruffness, arms crossed. "Dunno what you ******** mean."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:34 pm
Apparently Oz could smell fear as he broke into what what probably supposed to be somewhere between a smile and a gimrace. It was marginally threatening. He immediately turned to Mark. "Rep's possessed by Destruction again."

"No", interrupted Mark, "I don't want to hear it. You know what things I like, Star Wars, and puppies and things not my problem right now." He was probably just sore because an IOU meant a five hundred dollar shortage on his surprisingly heavily monitored budget.

Oz then looked at Caelius and waited.

"Stapler," the Death lead finally said, though it was unclear if he was missing one, needed one, or had one in inventory.

"Wow," the only person who had actually noticed Rep's voice change finally remarked sarcastically, "and I'm supposed to be the moody ignorant one."

Baneful

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:38 pm

"Again?" Rep said, forgetting the gruff voice entirely as he glared at Oz. "You mean you knew this happened before and you didn't stop it? Was it the last time Creation attacked the island?" He had blacked out and some people had said that they'd seen a woman where he'd been standing.

"How about next time I get possessed by something people ******** TELL ME." He glared at Mark. "And that goes for you too. Protection much?" And in a fit of pique he pushed something small off of Mark's desk.

He glared back at Oz. "But no I'm totally ******** fine."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:49 pm
Oz waited for Rep to finish his tirade. "Eight. Out of twenty. I would throw more things if I were you."

Mark heard his mouse fall and attempted to grab it while still keeping his face firmly planted on his desk. It worked out about as well as Rep's temper tantrum. His printer was printing something now that looked very much like an inventory list for maybe someone's desk. "No thanks, none for me." It was also unclear what he was talking about or which point in Rep's tirade. "Have you seen Caroline around? I like, need someone to listen to me while I feel sorry for myself."

"Paperweight," continued Rep's lead as Mark idly typed that with one hand into the laptop and hit cntl+P again all without looking at the keyboard. It seemed Caelius finally noticed Rep too, as Rep finally got the irate eye contact. "Are you going to ******** stand there or actually finish your goddamn work."

Rep's desk in the office was still missing.

Baneful

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:59 pm

"Oh right ******** CAROLINE." Rep said, going from minor tantrum to a much much larger and grander one, his tone high pitched and sharp. "Oh CAROLINE. Whine at Caroline because she's your new ******** best friend, your ******** best best buddy the traitorous Life b***h Caroline."

Normally Rep would have stopped before he got started when Cael turned his attention on him, normally.

But right now he was really inordinately upset.

"Sir." he said. "I promise I'll do it I'm just. Did you know he's fraternising with H's <******** minions?" he pointed an accusing finger at ******** CAROLINE." he said, picking up the mouse and slapping it back on the desk next to Mark.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:28 pm
Mark just stared - everyone in the room stared for a long second - and then the Death assistant wiped his mouse a bit on his even sweatier shirt before placing it back next to his laptop. "I'm not fraternizing I mean all we did was ki-kill someone," Mark stared at his lead for a second, "and it was terrible and we'll never do it again. But like, seriously, best cupcakes ever."

Before Rep could say another word, the Death lead reacted in exactly the same way he did to anything artifact legacy-possessed ever-

- Which was to throw Rep right through a portal back into the white cavern. Five seconds later the folders she was supposed to finish also fell on top of her.

Baneful

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:48 am

So this was what it meant to be demoted to secretary Rep thought grimly, they must have been able to smell the weakness on him in some kind of passive animal way. He was out of the gang, there was after all only room for one woman in any gang ever and by the time she stole Mark he'd be out. Cael was the guy who brought his girlfriend to every meeting but no one could throw out Circe and she wasn't ******** with his friends much.

Sitting down on the ground in the weird ******** cavern, he fished a pen and his reading glasses out from his coat and with a sad resigned little sigh, he got to work on the work.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:22 am
About five minutes in Rep's work, Mark fell in as well.

The Death assistant immediately scooted around blindly, hat tipped over his eyes, and them pointed at a random crystal. "I'll have you know this is your fault, Lucky."

At least they weren't sinking, and upon further inspection, the area seemed different, a lot more subdued.

Baneful

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:41 am

Rep looked up and grinned at Mark. A bit of schadenfreude was something that always made him feel better when he was down.

"Welcome to the ******** twilight zone." he said, adding another sentence to the report he was filling out, sticking out his tongue as he wrote each careful word. He'd done more homework in Death division than he'd ever done at school.

"And it's always Lucky's fault." he said. "Except when it isn't."

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces