Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP ] Metaplots (Otto, Mark) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:01 pm
-"Make you dream again," she said and looked look up again, up into his eyes without any of her own-

- It felt like Otto's heart was pounding too fast and then it slowed down as a strange sensation filled him, like he was floating and watching a very large TV screen from above.

In it, there were strange scenes, and it looked like him, but older, some more beaten, and there were hundreds, thousands of them that flashed before his eyes. They were whimsical and unusual but they all portrayed the same main character - that unusually older him.

Bittiface
Otto is seeing dreams of his CURRENT version - feel free to rp as many of these as you like!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:12 pm
Otto was scared. There was a very good chance this was the sort of thing people saw right before dying. Some monstrous thing, unseen by anyone else, innocently asking questions before you simply drop dead. He wanted to call out for help, but the words wouldn't come out. After all, what was to stop this thing from growing tentacles and tossing him through a window if he tried?

He felt his body panicking, his heart beating so hard and fast it hurt him. He could die right here and now. He may die from fear alone. But before it felt as if he could take no more, a dizzying sensation seemed to lift him up. His vision swam in spots as his heart settled down, and soon he was seeing glimpses of something. The world below came into being as he floated above it, an ethereal feeling that relaxed his muscles and mind.

He could see someone who looked just like him. Older, sturdier, and blessedly taller. Maybe not as tall as he himself would like to be one day. Heck, the man barely seemed taller than any female he seemed to encounter.

In every scenario, this other self of his seemed to battle dark and fearsome shadows. He ran through mazes of thorns and broke through crimson cages, all the while chased by claws and snickering. Small children that didn't seem real or alive reached out to this older version of him, before a giant hand from the sky slammed down and shattered them all like glass.

As if the first few dreams weren't terrifying enough, his older self seemed to only find himself in darker and more sorrowful, hopeless outcomes. Yet he kept on moving forward. Every time he fell from his own weak heart alone, some glowing arm came to tug him back up. Marching onward from an island of vines and red eyed cannibals, or meeting with Death himself. The world and all its horrors marked his skin, turning the light peach into murky grey, and patches of red, bleeds of black and so on.
This older Otto soon found himself in a graveyard, surrounded by graves with ghosts floating above the tombstones. They never looked at his older self. All their backs were turned, never giving the main character a chance to see their faces, their eyes or hear their voices one last time.

Floating above, young Otto felt heavier than ever. How could he float so delicately above this nightmare yet never fall or sink? What kept him up? What kept his future self down below afloat as well?

If this was dreams, if this was what the little girl asked him he wanted back? Otto didn't want it. If this was what he had to see every time he closed his eyes, he would never truly rest. To be haunted by darkness, never getting a glimpse of hope or the brightness of tomorrow or dream of opportunities.

These were not dreams. This was not true living.

His life, he'd always imagined things getting better, breaking away and finding a land of sunshine and stardom, finding his place in the world and feeling warm and loved.

All he saw as the movie went one was despair and a haunted soul.

Zoobey

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:19 am
She tapped him on the shoulder, just enough for him to jolt away from the scenes playing. "Did you still want to keep on watching?"

Here she raised one unusually bent arm and the unusual scenes stopped moving. "Did you want to watch something else instead?"

XBittifacr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:42 pm
"Something else? Yeah.." He surely didn't care to see any more of what he'd witnessed. Dreams, she'd said.. right? Honestly, he just wanted his bedroom back, with normal things and normal routines. Well.. if he went back, he'd just be angry again, right? Back to his father who clearly hated him, and his mother who never seemed to step in when he needed her.

"Yeah. Somethin' else." Fine. He'd accept that his life was different, and allow whatever this girl was to show him things beyond what he was used to; and eventually go back to that odd facility they called Deus.

He wondered if Mark was worried, then let that thought die immediately afterward.

Zoobey

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:38 pm
The screen immediately shifted, and took a less grainy, more solid tone. In it was the girl next to Otto-

- There was one child, a girl in blue and yellow standing next to a broken tree branch. The branch was decaying on one end, the tiniest of green buds sprouting on the tips of the other.

"It's okay," said the girl, who was unmistakeably the girl next to Otto, "I'll play with you but you have to promise to return back once it's sleepytime."

She crouched over and picked up the branch, cradling it. She walked for a long distance in the cold dark as the background shifted to a strange, broken, wasteland of a city, people clad in grey running all directions though and around her without ever seeing her.

"I think this dream is my fault," she waved a broken arm as the screen faded to black, "but I don't know how to fix it!"

Bittiface

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:48 pm
At the least, the dream wasn't about a guy who looked like himself. It seemed to feature the little girl with the Pay-Per-View powers.

The scene that unfolded seemed odd. Why was she talking to a dead branch? As she walked, the city she went through seemed bleak and decrepit, and as he suspected she was no more to the people there than a ghost or less.

"Your fault?" His brows knit. "You... played with a branch and and missed a nap, right? Don't seem so bad." Maybe he'd forgotten a key part here. "What's with the ghost town?"

Zoobey

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:24 pm
"People being bad outside of dreams caused bad things to happen," she whispered loudly, shaking her head a few times. "I didn't miss a nap, he did. He did and made everything like this, but I helped him, so does that make me bad too?"

A moment's hesitation. "Would you like to keep on watching or did you want to watch something else instead?"

Bittiface

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:33 pm
"What bad things?" She was being pretty vague, and other than himself and a bunch of other teenagers being stuck on an island, there wasn't much bad going on was there? Then again, the few adults around kept saying all of them were under some spell, and that their true selves were older. Sounded like bullshit to Otto. What sane person would buy into that?

He shrugged off his question, no longer caring much what this girl thought she did. "You trusted someone, and they lied to you. Ain't your fault and it don't make you bad." He insisted then, deciding he liked this girl, despite the lack of face freaking him out.

"Somethin' else? Like what?" This was starting to get kind of fun. Like an adventure book. "Oh, what's your name anyway?" Maybe it would be helpful to know who he was talking to, since she seemed to know him so well.

Zoobey

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
whichever account youre patrolling on hahaha

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:50 pm
"I want to be very good," she agreed, and sounded a lot more relieved to hear Otto's reasoning behind the story. "I don't want to do bad things, they told me that bad things make people sad and then they die."

Apparently she thought this was entirely normal conversation as she touched the screen like liquid and pictures began to flow again, just slide-show style. It showed an odd cup-like object, then a tree, then a severed tree, shedding, rotting away, and then a branch. "I'm Alice by the way, and you- you're Otto." She nodded a few times vigorously. "Do you like things like this instead? We could stay here forever if you wanted to!"

Bittiface

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:59 pm
The girl's nonchalant statement about being sad and dying was met with a confused looking expression from Otto. "That's a bit of a leap." One minute you're sad, the next you're dead as a doornail. Whatever that meant. "So long as you ain't pushin' folks in front of trains, I think you're solid."

Alice. That was a nice name. He didn't care to question why she knew him yet. After all, she didn't seem human at all. maybe this was all a dream caused by passing out from Mark's foul odour.

"Stay here?" He gestured to the strange space they both seemed to be occupying. "I dunno about forever. I mean, I might need to take a piss at some point.. But sure, this is pretty cool." Spying on lives, solving mysteries like what cups and trees meant in the grand scheme of things. What did he ave to lose?

Nothing he could fathom.

Zoobey

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:30 pm
"Yes!" she clapped her fingers excitedly, "We'll have tea parties every day and birthday parties and not birthday parties and-"

-"Alice," whispered a voice, and then there was a third occupant behind them. They looked around Otto's age, their face made of vines sprouting the tiniest of green buds, and they were notably missing eyes, "Alice, what about me."

The girl shook her head. "Go away, you're not invited." She squeezed Otto's hand. "Oh, tell him he's not invited won't you Otto. He's been very, very bad."

Bittiface

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:10 pm
He had too much pride to admit it, but he'd never had any friends growing up. Never had someone to hang out with or come to know on a personal level. Maybe here, in this odd space, he'd have his own world with this girl. Maybe he'd even give the tea parties a try without being salty about it.

He turned suddenly as a new voice interrupted. Vines made up it's face, much like Alice lacked a face. He gave Alice a curious look as she spoke, then turned back to the child and seemed to figure it out. This child must have been that branch Alice had carried in an earlier scene. After all, who else did she know that was 'very bad'?

He squeezed her hand back, and moved in front of her as if to keep her from harm.

"You heard Alice. Piss off, creeper. Yer a bad influence." He waved his free hand at the thing with a shooing motion. "You're not invited to our tea party. Go to bed." He said with a smug smirk planted on his face.

Zoobey

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:21 pm
Alice clung to Otto like some sort of lifeline as he defended her.

Everything around them stilled, suddenly very dark with the exception of the child.

"I'm not bad," whispered the child, and then he grew more ominous, buds spreading into branches into thorns, "I'm never going to bed. EVER."

At the last word, he burst into a massive, horrific green dragon, breathing thorns as he lashed enormous claws out towards Otto and Alice, vines trapping them all directions like a cage, thorns sharply extending inwards. "ALICE IS MINE."

"Think of anything!" whispered the girl urgently, clinging to Otto's shirt. "Imagine something!"

Bittiface

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:48 pm
Otto's bravery began to fumble as everything started to get darker. Swallowing down his fear, he clutched Alice's hand tighter. This branch child of darkness seemed like a vengeful ghost straight out of the horror films his cousins inflicted on him as a little kid. His screaming demand chilled Otto's bones. Worser yet, soon in a massive burst the child became an enormous dragon. Otto lifted his head with his scared blue eyes widened to their limit.

Flicking his eyes to the growing number of vines surrounding them, he realized maybe he'd pissed off the wrong creature. He backed up only inches to avoid the thorns and claws reaching for them.

How were they supposed to escape this? He wondered if he'd ever thrown this big of a tantrum over his bedtime...

"Imagine?!" He rasped back, his mind whirling for something useful to do for them both. A weapon.. something to get rid of the vines and slay the dragon. He imagined himself as a heroic knight, wielding a large broadsword wreathed in flame. He wished for something to protect Alice from the dragon's wrath, like a heard of flaming sheep that only obey'd Alice.

Brave Knights and Angry Sheep on Fire... that was the peak of Otto's imagination? Maybe the sheep would lull the dragon to sleep if a knight's sword didn't cut it.

Zoobey

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:52 pm
And surely enough in Otto's hand materialized a flaming sword, which had to be made out of dreams as it wasn't actually hurting him. It was nearly twice the height of him but impossibly easy to swing and balance. Around him the vines began to explode, into sheep, and then subsequently burst into flames.

"Run!," Alice pulled Otto away from the mess of visual overload, and as he turned around, Otto could still hear the pop and then hiss of sheep materializing from nowhere and then immediately combusting.

They ran through a large empty space and then down a long, long stretch of path guided by floating doors all with different images until they came to a long stained-glass door with the picture of a simple sword. "This way!"

She ran through the glass door, and tried to pull Otto in, but if he tried to run through he would hit simply glass barrier.

Bittiface

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces