yea, i guess
  nah, not really
  i dont really care
  goldgoldgold
View Results

Tarrou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:00 pm
William C. Wonka
Thank you for clearing that up, Tangled...although, it woulda helped if you shared this with us earlier.

My job here isn't to elucidate points for you guys on demand: it's to maintain a modicum of civility on the forums. If the information I provided would have been more useful at some earlier point, any of you were more than capable of finding it for yourselves.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:23 pm
Oh, you didn't understand what an ad hominem argument was? I had presumed that if you didn't know its meaning, you would have brought that up after my initial use of it. If you had said something, I would have linked it for you.

Quote:
by constantly implying that all I wanted to do was indignify you, you have offended me, trying to make me seem like a monster.

If you were made to appear monstrous, you managed that by your own actions, not my words.  

Sinner

ferretfan1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:12 pm
oh my lord, i didnt mean to cause this much trouble. this wasnt supposed to be a debate and im still sorry.

Quote:
What I don't understand is why you're defending this garbage. There is no positive side to what's being done here. The story is fairly interesting to some people (re: not me), but there is no conceiveable defense for using Einstein's name.

no positivity? the story suggests that einstein deffended himself very effectavly against his proffessor. proving that nobody is always right (i am refering to the professor) , that we are human and god still loves us.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:33 pm
ferretfan1
no positivity? the story suggests that einstein deffended himself very effectavly against his proffessor. proving that nobody is always right (i am refering to the professor) , that we are human and god still loves us.

Precisely the problem. The story suggests something which isn't true.  

Sinner

ferretfan1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:13 pm
Sinner
ferretfan1

whether its true or not doesnt matter, whats matters is whats in the story. there are plenty of fictional stories everywhere, and some of them have moral, like this one.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:49 am
ferretfan1
whether its true or not doesnt matter, whats matters is whats in the story. there are plenty of fictional stories everywhere, and some of them have moral, like this one.

I beg to differ. Truth does matter.

I'm not saying that all inspirational stories should have to be true, I'm saying that you shouldn't tell untrue stories about real people and/or events.  

Sinner

ferretfan1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:41 am
Quote:
I beg to differ. Truth does matter.

I'm not saying that all inspirational stories should have to be true, I'm saying that you shouldn't tell untrue stories about real people and/or events.

you dont give up, do you?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:36 pm
Amen.  

blackiza

Darem

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:08 pm
Grrr...The fact that Einstein's name was used here doesn't dispute the truth of the story. ((Not the truth that the events actually happened, but the truth that what was said by the fictional characters is true.)0 Sinner, you're arguing over technicalities! She says at the beginning of the post that she isn't sure if it's true! Personally, I have absolutely no respect for Einstein whatsoever, but that doesn't affect my opinion, that a tachnicality doesn't change the truth. Gosh, this is like arguing over what a fruit's name is! As long as it's healthy, or tastes good, who gives a care what it's called?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:10 pm
Sinner
ferretfan1

The untrue part is that Einstein did this! The moral is completely true! One line doesn't make that much of a difference! Actually, it could convert non-Christians faster, if they have respect for Einstein!  

Darem

ferretfan1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:34 pm
thank you, luthos! finally, someone gets it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:36 pm
blackiza
Amen.
i hear you  

ferretfan1

Sinner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:53 pm
Luthos of the MoonClan
The untrue part is that Einstein did this! The moral is completely true! One line doesn't make that much of a difference! Actually, it could convert non-Christians faster, if they have respect for Einstein!

So we should deceive people to convert them? That sounds like an awfully Christian thing to do. I think I remember a parable about that, where Jesus threatened and bribed people into following him.

Oh, wait, he liked honesty. My bad.

Deceiving people to convert them is a terrible thing to do.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:21 pm
thats not what he meant! i bet he thought that if people saw the moral, instead of the deceit, then they would convert.  

ferretfan1

Sinner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:19 am
ferretfan1
thats not what he meant! i bet he thought that if people saw the moral, instead of the deceit, then they would convert.

That's great. But then you should just take out the deceitful part. Just don't perpetuate false ideas. Very, very simple.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff