Submit

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:07 pm
Mooncake sighed and shook his head as some of the other children were fighting. At least it wasn't him. He was sure his mother would be upset if he got in another argument with someone, especially on the first day of school.

The little colt's eyes lit up as the books flew around. He couldn't wait to get his hooves on those history folklore books. While math wasn't his favorite thing, he could suffer through it for the other knowledge he would gain. Leaning forward, he flashed a grin at his brother and then began scribbling down his answers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:42 pm
Though he said nothing more to Acid, Truths's mouth pursed at the sleepy reply he'd received. The green colt must have been up late playing with his precious music and colors, no doubt. Well, he supposed that was what came of having a club DJ for a father. Hopefully he would be okay, but for the time being he would just have to trust that Acid could get through things - the test in particular - on his own. Truths would have to check up on him later, though.

Once he was finished, Truths was tempted to glance at the progress of the other foals and their tests out of impatience, but as he didn't want to be mistaken for cheating, he avoided doing so. Instead, he contemplated his question from earlier about earth phonies not having extra magic or flying lessons as well as the note from Miss Morning Glory herself. She hadn't specified when to see her, so while he had time waiting for the others to finish, Hard Truths raised a hoof in order to get their teacher's attention. So she wanted to know his interests, did she? Hmm...

Glancing around at his peers - those he was familiar with, those he was just getting to know, and those he had yet to meet - Hard Truths got an idea.

Astraea Pandora
Miss Glory, Hard Truths would like to know if now would be an appropriate time to speak with her in private regarding her inquiry about his interests and a question of his own.

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:07 am
Acid pursed his lips thoughtfully, a rather funny looking expression for the green phony. He supposed he should thank his lucky stars (whatever they were.. and if stars could actually be lucky at all) that Taters' writing was clear and legible, making it exceedingly easy to read from his desk near hers. Nonetheless, he tried to be sneaky: sleepy eyes shifting lazily, his body leaning over ever-so-slightly. But Acid Beat was not a phony given much to sneaking and subtlety. Still, he did not want to get caught.

Especially not in front of Hard Truths, sworn brother and the one phony dedicated to telling the truth! Acid frowned. Sometimes he really worried about the little red unicorn. The difference between bluntness and unforgivable rudeness was small. But here Acid was, getting lost on tangents in his own mind. He was just so bleary. He shook his mane vigorously, the curls bounced and one poked him straight in his eye. The pain was sharp, but it woke him up a little. He was never going to go a night without sleep, glorious sleep, again.

"Owww." He blinked his eye furiously. Hair was a pain. Maybe he should just get a mohawk. Acid huffed and deliberately dropped his pencil in the space between his and Taters' desks. He reached down, the angle giving him an even clearer view of the creamy pegasus' test. He eyed it... and her food. Ah, he was getting hungry. Hopefully lunch would be soon.

Scaramouche Fandango

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:41 pm
There it was again! Taters could feel somebody looking at her, and not in the genial, benign, teacherly way that Morning Glory was watching all of them. No. Somebody was looking at her specifically. Frowning, she glanced around. Everybody else was busily working on their papers... until she turned around. Blue eyes met as she stared first in surprise, then suspicion. A pencil was in one hoof, but it didn't take that long to pick up a pencil- even if you were being particularly clumsy that day.

"What are you doing?" she whispered harshly. "If Morning Glory sees you, she'll think you're cheating... hey, wait! Acid Beat, are you trying to read my paper?" She furrowed her eyebrows, glaring. She KNEW she'd seen something green flitting around!

The Semblance of Unity

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:15 am
If he stared a little harder, maybe he could make out the answer to #5. Math had never been his strong even on the best of days. Today, his sleep-addled mind made the numbers dance and just not make sense! Acid supposed music was, at its most basic, math. But unfortunately, composing was not his forte or his purpose, as attested by his blank flank. Acid still loved music. If this test was about music or light... quarter notes tripping along the page, falling into deep purples and shooting high towards the purity of white... He smiled at his fancy. Or, he smiled until he heard Taters' accusatory whisper.

Acid Beat had been caught. Caught cheating. His mind raced, or rather, it loped along, stumbling panic-filled filled, towards some way to weasel his way out of this. "T-taters... why would you think that?" he whispered back, sliding into his seat. The sleepiness in his voice changed slightly, defensive tones creeping through it. If Acid had listened to himself, he would have catalogued that tonal shift under a sneaky grey-blue. "I'm smart. I don't need your test." Acid huffed and stared at his own page. The blank questions mocked him and he yawned. His blue eyes slid (of their own volition!) over to Taters' test.

Scaramouche Fandango
haha sorry I didn't get to it last night. DX I fell asleeeep

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:07 pm
Taters was going to apologize and let it slide; after all, she was wont to believe him, and she didn't mean to call him dumb- but then he looked at her paper right in front of her! He wasn't even trying to pretend! "If you don't need my test, then WHY are you looking at it?" she hissed, huffing angrily. Not only was he using her, but he'd lied to her, too! And she'd thought they were friends! "That's not fair! If you cheat off me, the teacher will catch us and we'll both get in trouble, and I didn't even do anything!" It was a struggle to keep herself under control; she didn't want to raise her voice, and she certainly wasn't going to raise a hoof and tattle- snitches got stitches, after all- but the little flurries of activity might catch their teacher's eye.

The Semblance of Unity

Astraea Pandora

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:47 pm
Morning Glory appeared so suddenly between the two foals, it was almost as if she'd popped into existence right in that spot. Which she had, because she had "winked" there.

"Entry level unicorn spell, page 15 of the Basics to Magic Book." she said to herself while eyeing Acid and Taters suspiciously. The two had been in such a deep conversation they hadn't noticed Glory coming over to Hard Truths, collecting his finished exam and responding to a question of his.

"Meet me at my desk in a moment.." she'd whispered in his ear, catching snippets of the words exchanged between the two foals.

Kitomyx

Now eyeing the peach and green phony with a frown.

"What did I hear about cheating...?" she said in a very hushed tone, not wanting to draw the attention of the whole class.

The Semblance of Unity

Scaramouche Fandango

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:54 pm
Taters said nothing, but her eyebrows were knit and her lower lip stuck out. She harrumphed and crossed her arms on her desk, carefully covering her paper. She didn't want to look at either the teacher OR Acid Beat. If she looked at the teacher, she'd be a taleteller. If she looked at Acid Beat, she might actually shout at him.

The Semblance of Unity

Astraea Pandora

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:43 pm
Oh, no... Now the teacher was here and there was no way Acid Beat was going to be able to spin enough lies to keep his nose clean. But what would happen if he just 'fessed up? He never should have cheated. He was just so so tired and his brain didn't want to work properly and he felt like nothing.. nothing was fair right now. And he was stupid and what if Taters hated him forever? She was cute and had been so nice to him. How cvould he have stooped so low? He avoided Miss Glory's eyes.

Acid Beat looked down at his desk, the half-finished test glaring whitely up at him. A surge of unjustified anger swelled briefly in him before being washed over with an acute sense of utter failure. Hot tears pricked the corners of his eyes. "I... It was me. I did it. I'm sorry. So.. sorry. I....ch-cheated." If possible, his head sunk lower. He darted a glance at Taters, only to see her studiously looking away. He couldn't blame her. "I can't...think. I'm so tired.... I couldn't..." He trailed off, embarrassment and shame choking off his voice.

Scaramouche Fandango

Astraea Pandora

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:25 pm
Morning Glory's nose crinkled in disappointment but she could tell Acid Beat wasn't lying about his exhaustion. The slight red tinge to his eyes and the circles under them were clear signs.

"Acid Beat.." she said softly but sternly. "You should have said sooner that you were too tired for the test. I would have let you get a little rest and stay after school to take it.....which is what you're going to do now. But cheating off Tater's test is too far. This is a important to see what I can do for YOU, not her. I assume that she wasn't helping you cheat..."

Glory swept her eyes to the filly, who was sitting with a very angry look. No, she was clearly as annoyed at Acid Beat as she was.

"It's not only are you hurting yourself academically, look how upset Taters is! You've hurt your relationship with her."

Glory swiped the test out from under Acid's hooves and pointed to a small side door. "There's a small cot in the First Aid room..go in there and take a nap till lunch." She gave the colt a look that said she wasn't going to take no for a answer.

The Semblance of Unity
Acid Beat will go off for a small nap and come back at lunch. You and Scara can do your lunch RP when lunch is called for and both of your lessons will wrap up about the same time (end of lunchish)

Scaramouche Fandango
Taters can continue with her test and share her lunch with Acid when lunch time comes. Both of your lessons will wrap up about the same time (end of lunchish)

Heading back to her desk, she tapped Hard Truths on the shoulder and motioned for him to follow her.

Kitomyx

Astraea Pandora

Crew

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:17 pm
The filly glared at Acid Beat's receding back. She was a little bummed that he felt so bad, but Morning Glory was right. He should have told her! Or fallen asleep on his desk or something. He definitely shouldn't have cheated from her exam. Still, at least- at least she wasn't getting in trouble now. The whole thing left her irritated, with a bad taste in her mouth. She finished up the rest of the test to take her mind from the situation, the carried it up to Morning Glory's desk. "I'm done, Miss Glory. Can I read one of my books until it's time for lunch?" Surely the potato book would make her feel better, or at least entertain her while she grappled with what was making her so upset.

The Semblance of Unity

Astraea Pandora

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:34 pm
Acid Beat slowly headed out of the classroom. Halfway there, he paused, and looked back at Taters. "I'm...sorry." His ears drooped. So much for making friends. Though, he admitted to himself, he shouldn't have cheated1 if he wanted friends. Acid Beat sighed and shut the door behind him.

The first aid room was small, but well lit and the cot was serviceable, if not not overly comfortable. He flopped ignominiously onto it, breath whooshing out of his lungs. A curl flopped forward over his eyes and he blew irritably at it. How as he supposed to go to sleep when he still felt so awful? Pictures of Taters, Hard Truths, all the other phonies in the class flashed in his mind. They were all probably laughing at him by now! Despite that, he forced his blue eyes shut.

Acid Beat was asleep in seconds and snoring gently.

Scaramouche Fandango

Astraea Pandora
I guess quote me when lunch time rolls around :3

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:34 am
Truths' ears swerved forward as he heard whispers coming from the pair of foals in front of him. The furrow in his brow creased deeper and his mouth was a hard line. He grit his teeth as if that was the only way he could keep himself from speaking to them; from asking what was up. No doubt it had something to do with Acid's increasingly odd behavior. However, it turned out Truths wasn't the only one who noticed.

He might have cried out, but the unicorn colt was so startled by Morning Glory's appearance that he hadn't had time to utter a peep. He was glad for having frozen in place or he was sure he would have fallen out of his seat from sheer surprise. Her first words, though they didn't seem to be meant for Truths, interested him deeply. He was just making a mental note to look up page 15 of the Basics to Magic book later when she spoke words that were intended for him.

He nodded silently, too shocked (and perhaps a little intimidated) to object or even give verbal acknowledgement. Still, he began to worry about Acid...as brothers were supposed to, of course. Lingering a little, he watched the teacher and his classmates out the corner of his eye.

Cheating?! What? What was all that about? Surely it couldn't be true. Well...he'd get it out of Acid later. If that was the subject at hand, Truths doubted even he could be of much use to his adopted brother this time. He observed carefully, forgetting that he needed to head to the teacher's desk as he continued to monitor the exchange of actions and words that passed between the phonies.

His eyes widened and lips parted slightly as Acid Beat revealed the truth. He would have never thought his friend would have done such a thing, but...well, with how sleepy he'd seemed all morning, perhaps he'd given in to the temptation of copying instead of thinking. It was a fair mistake and at least he was honest about it. Hard Truths couldn't help but wonder what would have happened if the teacher hadn't caught him, though. Would he have still felt guilty? Or would have maybe chosen to do it again?

The look on the green colt's face said it all. Hard Truths doubted even the best actor could feign remorse that deep. The tones in his voice...oh, it made even the grumpy phony's heart go out to him. He wanted to talk to him; maybe make him feel better somehow (though he hadn't the slightest idea where to start, since he wasn't in the habit of comforting others), but before he knew it, their teacher was tapping him on the shoulder as a reminder of her instructions.

Before he obeyed, he turned to Acid, trying to think of what to say, but the green colt was already headed toward the room Morning Glory had mentioned. Hm. He supposed he would have something to say to him at lunch, then. In the meantime, looking at the angry pegasus filly...well, he felt he could probably change her negative ideas of Acid given time. He knew he would have been pretty angry himself just then, though, so it was probably better to let her finish her test and cool down a bit first. Besides, he had their creepy-eyed teacher to attend to.

He came up to her desk. "...Miss Morning Glory," he addressed her, unsure if that was the proper way to do so. First was his own question because he feared that, after all he had just witnessed, he would forget it. "Regarding the extra reading that pegasus, flutter, and unicorn phonies were assigned for flying and magic...do Earth phonies have an equivalent?" He stared at the surface of her desk as he spoke, appearing very interested in the objects upon it and determined not to look her in the eye. "It just didn't seem particularly fair that we have to do extra lessons and they just have to study the main subjects and personal interests like the rest of us."

Astraea Pandora
((Sorry I was late in responding. x_x Lots going on today.))

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:57 pm
Glory pondered his question for awhile, thinking how best to answer it. She came up with ways to explain it to him, comparisons and such but she felt that if she tried to dress up her answer, it wouldn't satisfy the colt.

"I guess the only way to put it is that no, it isn't fair." she said quietly. "For whatever reason there is in the world, some phony are born differently and they need those differences addressed. Unicorns have magic, and they have to learn to use their magic. Pegasus and Flutter are born with wings, so they need to know how to fly. Earth phonies..well. I suppose you can say they have it easy, because everyone can learn to walk and run and earth phony can do that easily and better then magic or flyers. Unicorns wink, Earth run, Pegasus fly, that's just one of those hard facts of our world. An inescapable truth. "

She went quiet for a moment thinking and resumes. "Everyone of us has a strength, some of our strengths just take more learning then others. I don't believe thinking of it as fair or unfair is exactly correct, it just is. There are things in this world that are true and will always be true no matter how you feel about it right?"

~she levitates the magic book from Truth's stack and it hovers next to him~

"But, if you feel it would be unfair, I can not train you in magic."

Kitomyx

Astraea Pandora

Crew

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:16 am
"Hmm..." Truths considered the teacher's answer, the corners of his mouth twitching downward a little as she indirectly incorporated his name and its meaning into her reasoning. He was tempted to ask if that had really been necessary, but managed to refrain from doing so.

"I suppose that makes sense," he murmured, glancing at the book she levitated to float beside him. "...That's alright. I heard somewhere that fairness is not equality, but catering to each individual's needs." Reaching out, he took the hovering book with a hoof. "It seems I've finally understood what that meant."

After all, while the Earth phonies wouldn't have to learn magic or flying, they wouldn't get to experience the benefits of them, either. And Truths certainly didn't want to miss out on meeting his full potential by skipping out on magic lessons, even if it was a little more work. So that took care of that.

"Regarding books of my interest," he continued, referring to her note, "I'm not completely sure, but if it's alright with you, I'd like to start with books on psychology. Specifically ones pertaining to why people lie."

Astraea Pandora

My Little Phony

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces