Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:56 pm
Cowpies77

And I have questions about the wording of the "Power" aura...
Quote:
*Power: The aura of power grants the wyrmfire disciple and her allies the ability to deal an additional 1d6 (totem energy) damage on all melee attacks, along with an additional +1 base attack bonus. If the wyrmfire disciple has multiple Totem Energies, she must select one of them after she declared switching to the aura.

Wouldn't that mean at level 5, with my fighter levels, my BAB would be +6, which would then allow me to make a second attack? (As +6/+1 BAB)
Might be better if that were just an unnamed +1 bonus to attack, unless that's what you intended.
If it's just a bonus to attack, does that mean I can apply it to my targeting magic as well?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:20 pm
MT the Clown
If it's just a bonus to attack, does that mean I can apply it to my targeting magic as well?

Most things do. I know things like Point Blank shot can improve spells like Scorching Rays since it requires an attack roll.  

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:47 pm
Cowpies77
MT the Clown

Most things do. I know things like Point Blank shot can improve spells like Scorching Rays since it requires an attack roll.
Ya, but I'm not going for targeting. There are some, but I'm primarily for aoe. Though I would like some to increase DC.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:48 pm
The major flaw to a spellcaster v.v  

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

NaturesProfit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:24 am
Iomma Sensei

That doesn't stop spellcasters from making the laws of physics shut up and just take it. razz  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:10 am
ChronoWarrior
Iomma Sensei

That doesn't stop spellcasters from making the laws of physics shut up and just take it. razz

Oh I know ^^

Level 13, I end the game, no longer a challenge. Level 20, can solo anything. Level 21, I can walk up to the Lady of Pain and tell her she's a rock, and she'd believe it [and turn herself into a rock].

Level 21, I could tell a rock it was a person, and it'd get up, excuse itself for being lazy, and wander off to make something of itself.  

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Jacior

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:32 pm
No, you would have two attacks, the base attack bonus is the minimum bonus to attack that the aura gives.

Yes it would apply to any spell with an attack roll.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:21 pm
I swear, if I make an intimidate check, the fact I have a very large sword and crushed his ally under my massive boots should count for something. It's like if I can tear someone's arm off, they should focus more on that then on the fact I have an interesting lithoderm pattern.

And Iomma: Because Drow are a type of elf, and elves are only good at sucking.
... both literally, and figuratively. -_-
So, Drow need the handicap vs. Dwarves razz  

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:32 pm
Cowpies77
I swear, if I make an intimidate check, the fact I have a very large sword and crushed his ally under my massive boots should count for something. It's like if I can tear someone's arm off, they should focus more on that then on the fact I have an interesting lithoderm pattern.

And Iomma: Because Drow are a type of elf, and elves are only good at sucking.
... both literally, and figuratively. -_-
So, Drow need the handicap vs. Dwarves razz

I happen to like Elves in Pathfinder, but I can only break Wizards with Humans...

In fact, I break everything with Humans, maybe the problem isn't the classes I play, it's the races O_O

Maybe I should just be banned from Humans! Not Wizards!

Course, there are a few classes I have yet to break, not including Commoner ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:57 pm
It's sandals or your foot.  

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:03 pm
If you're going to delete my OOC post, would you at least tell me so I can repost it here instead? <_<  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:09 am
Combination of not being used to working, residents of the home being under quarantine[sp?], and not having time to get on the internet during the weekend kept me off.

Will respond to both OC and IC asap.

Edit

Cowpies77

The 1/2 cha mod rounded down would definitely help in balancing issues... I think another good comparison might be the Inspire Courage bardic music ability.

Yes, yes, I get that I have a problem with balancing. Considering that its my first homebrew I think I did alot better then some do.

Quote:
And I have questions about the wording of the "Power" aura...
Quote:
*Power: The aura of power grants the wyrmfire disciple and her allies the ability to deal an additional 1d6 (totem energy) damage on all melee attacks, along with an additional +1 base attack bonus. If the wyrmfire disciple has multiple Totem Energies, she must select one of them after she declared switching to the aura.

Wouldn't that mean at level 5, with my fighter levels, my BAB would be +6, which would then allow me to make a second attack? (As +6/+1 BAB)
Might be better if that were just an unnamed +1 bonus to attack, unless that's what you intended.

I will have to edit the auras so that all Base Aura bonuses are Unnamed bonuses and that the 1/2 lvl+1/2 Cha bonuses only apply to said Unnamed bonuses. Also seems that through my copious amounts of editing/copy&pasta that some edits didn't get through such as that the "additional +1 base attack bonus" also only applies to melee attacks. Another thing I seem to of forgotten was that it was supposed to be similar in someways to like Weapon Focus where it gives a bonus, but not a second [or more] attacks.

Lots of things keep coming up that make it so that I can't edit, so I keep making notes to edit it/attempts to re-write it on a notepad. sweatdrop  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:25 am
*Bump*
There are some core issues we need to address at the current time with the party in-game right now, but I lack the means to say my points in-character without breaking my character's limitations.

So, I would like to bring up two main problems I'm currently having with the party.

The first being that I think that the party's a bit confused now, or at least lost the main point for the immediate, low hanging fruits. Just to review the situation:

Kameron:

• Party has unrealistic expectations of combat.
  • Did exactly what he is supposed to do.
  • Was encouraged by both in-game and meta-game to kill kenku
  • That kenku he killed was a threat to both Kamina, Saara and Crokish.

First off,
Where the crap is the party getting this stupid view that we should be ending all of our encounters peacefully? Out of every single person in the party, mine is the only character that is even built for that purpose, and even then I'm not for trying to be a pacifist. Having any sort of expectation that we're not going to kill someone is blatantly stupid and unrealistic. The only reason I don't have the first kill is because I happened to have formed my character more on a bounty hunter who collects people alive rather than dead. EVERY SINGLE OTHER PERSON IN THE PARTY IS BUILT TO DEAL LETHAL DAMAGE NORMALLY. So seriously, lay off Chrono's character.
MT brought up the point of killing someone in a church as desecrating it. I will address that with the rest of the kenku issues the party seems to be ignoring.

Second Point:
Kamina is a mid-range skirmish-type fighter. His job is to defeat enemies at range. I have no idea where you get that the Kenku was "Downed", "Helpless" (Both of which Crokish said) or "Defeated" (As MT said), because it wasn't. Any argument otherwise is invalid on the basis of it's not connected to any fact in-game. The kenku was Tripped. Crokish's command wasn't to "Flee", It wasn't to "Disarm", it was
Quote:
"I see what you did there, why don't you join the good Father on the ground?"

Nevermind the fact that You used a question on a spell called "Command" or the fact that the spell explicitly states that it has to be one word. Those are just pet peeves of mine, and rather beside the point. Nothing in that statement presented made the Kenku any less of a threat. Calling the Kenku harmless when it was still armed and threatening squares makes your character more mentally retarded than Kuroto.
Realistically, had Iomma not had Saara heal from the stabbing and instead had the Dwarf counter attack, then Saara would've killed the Kenku.

Third point:
If you don't want people to kill other people, don't give them an aura that promotes killing people. +6 to attack encourages power attack, and +1d6 damage encourages killing people. Having Crokish put blame on Kamina is blatantly stupid when Crokish is also partly responsible for it. That's like arguing that you didn't encourage the murder, all you did was give the murderer a gun after pointing out how much of a jerk that other guy is.

Fourth point:
Tripped is still threatening. And lets not forget, this was a person who had just stabbed Iomma's character. As a response, Crokish did a magical Trip attempt and succeeded. The next logical step is to then attack said tripped unit.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:24 am
My second issue is the actual
Kenku:

• Stalked the town, broke into the church and magically dominated the priest.
  • Broke into the General Store owner's shop/home in the night and savagely beat him, and stole tools
  • Has been tearing up the basement looking for something.
  • We stomped the crap out of two of them after they tried to stab us
  • It's in their favor to NOT fight us (If we happen to cause so much of a ruckus that we attract the villager's attention, or if they happen to lose the fight), so realistically there's no reason they're not lying to us. (Point: We 'murdered a father of three', but outside of trying to make us feel bad, there's no proof that that person was anything other than a scoundrel)
  • (Also, as a sub-point, You can't "Murder" someone who's trying to kill you. You can kill them, but you can't murder them. Murder is, legally speaking, what they were trying to do to us. Just as a point regarding Kamina's killing of the Kenku)
  • The Priest can neither Confirm nor Deny any point of their story (Like where they said they "Diplomatically" tried to discuss their intentions with the priest.) because they have yet to allow the priest to wake up.
  • Up to this point, everything they've done (Dominate a priest, destroy sections of the church, assault villagers, Steal from stores, and assault us) is most likely illegal, and they're clearly aware of their actions.

And their justification for these acts is that they'd rather not arouse suspicion based on their appearances.
If they're concerned about people being Xenophobic, then they're actually being counter-productive with their actions (giving people a reason to hate them).

If they're working under a contract under a more powerful person, then it's worth treating them as a suspect at best.
Keep in mind, they have absolutely nothing to lose by lying through their beaks to us.  

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:01 am
If they turn on us, we can just pummel them into the ground. We're the heroes, the badasses, and between us all, we could take em ^^  
Roleplay (dice)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff