Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
"Gays vs. Gays" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:58 am
Here is what I have to say.

You can not be intolerable towards other people and b***h about others being intolerable to you. I'm sorry, that makes you a hypocrite. Like mister "hate everything" up there. Fine, he hates fat people and effeminate gay men, then you have no right to complain that people hate you for being gay. You can not blame effeminate gay men for people stereotyping us. That is brought on by ignorance, nothing else. Why is it their fault that stupid people group us all into what gay men should be? I can tell you exactly why people have a problem with effeminate gay men. It's because they hate femininity just like the rest of society. We view women as being weak, and anything having to do with females is considered weak.

So, if you have a problem with effeminate boys it's because you have a problem with women. You are a typical cave man who feels like you are superior because you are masculine. My advice? Get over yourself. We can not win this fight for equality by fighting amongst the GLBT community. It's fine if you are not attracted to effeminate men. I'm sure they really could care less. Personally I am not a shallow person, and I love men. So what if a guy is effeminate? It's all about their mind and their personality. If you base your love for a person on anything more than that, you're shallow, and I'm sure they are glad you're not attracted to them. However, you can not sit there and mistreat effeminate men for being themselves. That makes you no better than the misogynistic homophobic assholes trying to keep our rights away from us.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:36 am
some people perpetuate stereotypes and others out in the world just happen to be the stereotype. thats just who they are, i mean most stereotypes have some truth to them.

it comes from people compartmentalizing one another just to make things more separated and organized but it is really hurting our society.

no one fits into the definitions or boxes that people create

we are all unique  

GaYnus

Shameless Exhibitionist

9,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Nerdodactyl

Duck

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:23 pm
God doesn't anyone here watch South Park?
You can be tolerant and still hate someone, being tolerant just means you put up with them if you are tolerant you are basically saying "do what you want just don't let me know about it." We shouldn't be trying to get people to be tolerant and give us equal rights that will never happen since tolerance and equal create a paradox. If you are tolerant of someone then they will never be equal to you, you can say that they are but it is a lie to you and everyone else if you say you tolerate gays and treat them as equals. If you treated as person as an equal it would mean you don't tolerate them but you accept them. Tolerance and acceptance are two very different things and as the gay community we will never recieve equal rights until we stop asking for tolerance and start fighting for acceptance. There are many out there that fight for acceptance but there are also many who confuse acceptance with tolerance.
Enough said on my part so if people want to continue derping about tolerance that's fine by me I'll accept you still I just won't have a good first impression of you.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Guys this thread is so long, I can't read everyone's comment to make sense of things, and see where everyone is coming from and excuse me if I'm repeating anything, but this homophobia inside the homosexual society thing, isnt it really just similar to the heterosexual people saying "I hate jocks/cheerleaders/punks/loners/etc." kind of attitude? It's the same thing. I really don't see homosexuality as anything different from heterosexuality. I mean, heterosexual ppl hate on other heterosexual ppl too. Yeah, we're a small percentage of the world, but that doesn't make just any different from the way we feel about other people.  

CandyBoy955

Xolramuh

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:24 pm
I honestly think its sad that the gay community is fighting within itself about masculinity or femininity, and gender or sex.

When I was in highschool, bisexuals were the targets. Gay people and straight people alike discriminated against bisexuals because the argument from homosexuals were that they liked the oposite gender and the argument from heterosexuals were that they liked the same gender. On top of that there was the stereotype that they were "sluts" just because they were attracted to both genders (I use "gender" loosely because I realize there is a difference between "gender" and "sex").

Now I'm hearing about discrimination against the transgendered community and I don't think it's miss-understanding more than it is a lack of inclusion. It think its disgusting when people who KNOW what it feels like to be left out, leave out members of the same general group.

I also realized that not all people discriminate in this manner (heterosexual and homosexual alike) .. but when a major LGBTQ human rights group LEAVE OUT transgendered people it really does disappoint me greatly.

With that said.. You don't find masculin/feminine men/women attractive? Well that's okay because everyone has their tastes. But remember there SHOULDN'T be room to discriminate within our community. That in itself weakens our cause and pushes us further back from equality.  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:27 pm
Insatiable Lust
Here is what I have to say.

You can not be intolerable towards other people and b***h about others being intolerable to you. I'm sorry, that makes you a hypocrite. Like mister "hate everything" up there. Fine, he hates fat people and effeminate gay men, then you have no right to complain that people hate you for being gay. You can not blame effeminate gay men for people stereotyping us. That is brought on by ignorance, nothing else. Why is it their fault that stupid people group us all into what gay men should be? I can tell you exactly why people have a problem with effeminate gay men. It's because they hate femininity just like the rest of society. We view women as being weak, and anything having to do with females is considered weak.

So, if you have a problem with effeminate boys it's because you have a problem with women. You are a typical cave man who feels like you are superior because you are masculine. My advice? Get over yourself. We can not win this fight for equality by fighting amongst the GLBT community. It's fine if you are not attracted to effeminate men. I'm sure they really could care less. Personally I am not a shallow person, and I love men. So what if a guy is effeminate? It's all about their mind and their personality. If you base your love for a person on anything more than that, you're shallow, and I'm sure they are glad you're not attracted to them. However, you can not sit there and mistreat effeminate men for being themselves. That makes you no better than the misogynistic homophobic assholes trying to keep our rights away from us.

interesting point. it makes sense.  

etluhcs

Eleiza0250

Shy Genius

12,950 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:29 pm
Vaan_Lohengrin
Shanna66
Vaan_Lohengrin
Shanna66
"Men are gay for a reason. If they wanted to be with a woman, they would. So I don't see why a gay guy would go with a feminine guy. That doesn't make sense..
."

lol, i dont even know where to start on this comment rofl

i think too many people nowadays get offended by simple labels.

u may find it funny but that's exactly how i and my boyfriend feel.
supper effeminate guys make us feel uncomfortable and aren't attractive to either of us. its really depressing watching them perpetuate a crappy stereotype.

im not much for dating feminine people either, i prefer my men and women to be on the more masculine side but that comment is just so stupid xd

also who cares if they keep a stereotype going? as long as they are happy with who they are who are we to judge? stereotypes will always exsist and there is usually a bit of truth to them

i dont like the stereotype that if you eat veggie burgers you must love peta, but i live with it becasue im still happy to eat my veggie burgers and hate peta at the same time

ive said the exact same thing i really find some women just sexually unattractive to find a man who goes super girly is equally unattractive.

i care if they keep it going. their half the reason people can continue to deny us rights. they cant pull it together for a year so we can get all the rights and stuff passed first..

and when is that a stereotype. thats stupid.

Yes, the veggie burgers' thing is very much a stereotype. I'm vegan because I don't like meat and am allergic to milk, but people assume that I'm for animal rights in that extreme way of PETA. It's a lot more controversial for me to tell people that I'm vegan than for me to tell them that I'm gay. I've gotten verbally assualted with "you know plants are alive, too, don't you?" more times than I can count.  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:39 am
Eleiza0250
Vaan_Lohengrin
Shanna66
Vaan_Lohengrin
Shanna66
"Men are gay for a reason. If they wanted to be with a woman, they would. So I don't see why a gay guy would go with a feminine guy. That doesn't make sense..
."

supper effeminate guys make us feel uncomfortable and aren't attractive to either of us. its really depressing watching them perpetuate a crappy stereotype.

im not much for dating feminine people either, i prefer my men and women to be on the more masculine side but that comment is just so stupid xd

also who cares if they keep a stereotype going? as long as they are happy with who they are who are we to judge? stereotypes will always exsist and there is usually a bit of truth to them

i dont like the stereotype that if you eat veggie burgers you must love peta, but i live with it becasue im still happy to eat my veggie burgers and hate peta at the same time

ive said the exact same thing i really find some women just sexually unattractive to find a man who goes super girly is equally unattractive.

i care if they keep it going. their half the reason people can continue to deny us rights. they cant pull it together for a year so we can get all the rights and stuff passed first..

Yes, the veggie burgers' thing is very much a stereotype. I'm vegan because I don't like meat and am allergic to milk, but people assume that I'm for animal rights in that extreme way of PETA. It's a lot more controversial for me to tell people that I'm vegan than for me to tell them that I'm gay. I've gotten verbally assualted with "you know plants are alive, too, don't you?" more times than I can count.
neutral weird... i guess its just a natural thing where i am...  

HARD N THROBBING INCUBUS

Aged Regular

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:05 am
Eleiza0250
Vaan_Lohengrin
Shanna66
Vaan_Lohengrin
Shanna66
."

what do they expect you do do? just eat dust? i have alot of people in my family who dont eat meat, never asked them why. but they are the ones that got me into veggie burgers. i still ove meat, but i much prefer a good chunky veggie burger to a ground up cow  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:02 pm
Sorry to get sidetracked, but it's sort of related, you know, it's still stereotypes.

@Shanna66: Yeah, I really don't care if people eat meat as long as it's real meat, and not that half meat product from animals fed unnatural diets and bulked up with steroids and half grain and soy components. I just want people to eat real food. And besides, veggies taste wonderful to eat.

@Vaan_Lohengrin: Yeah, that's good; it really shouldn't be that controversial since it doesn't affect anyone else. I don't like the beliefs of the vegans that truly believe that their abstaining from meat affects the meat industry enough to make it change its awful ways. There are only 1% of us in America; that's a very small proportion of society and I wish they would realize that. They're usually very smart, too, which is the worst part. But it would be nice if it did impact the meat industry, but with so few people, it's just not logical to have such a hope.

^I guess this makes me a part of those people that are prejudice against others of the same faction.

Eleiza0250

Shy Genius

12,950 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100

Uncripted

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:28 pm
I am personally more attracted to masculine men, but that's the same as saying I have a blonde preference. Other than that, I couldn't care if you were gay and masculine or feminine or whatever, why would it matter?  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:57 am
I envy more feminine gay men. They have the swagger that I do not seem to posses crying  

Congelata

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:44 pm
Hate on hate crime sad

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items