Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Barely-Knowns

Back to Guilds

A guild for all who are just faces in the Gaia crowd. 

Tags: barely, known, unknown, chill, ninja 

Reply The Barely-Knowns
-crawls out from under his rock- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nu Lucrezia

Desirable Grabber

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:59 am
my team at the moment is:

Gothitelle: 48 (i have a strange liking for the feminine psychic types, Gardevoir was one of my best 'mons in Emerald and is now on my copy of Pearl)
Samurott: 46 (water starter)
Scrafty: 47 (possibly my new favourite pokemon - just look at this weird b*****d, i loves him! and his pre-evolved form too. Nothing this weird looking should be this cool)
Zebstrika: 46
Stoutland: 48
Haxorus: 50  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:02 pm
See, I can't decide on which ones to use. I keep swapping and changing a few of them.
The only ones I keep in my group all the time are Emboar and Scraw, is it? Emboar is lvl 45, Scraw at 31. Oh and my Vinciti, lvl 32.

I'm not that far through yet. Just defeated the gym with the Flying Pokemon.

cheesy nipples

Ribbish

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:55 pm
cheesy nipples
See, I can't decide on which ones to use. I keep swapping and changing a few of them.
The only ones I keep in my group all the time are Emboar and Scraw, is it? Emboar is lvl 45, Scraw at 31. Oh and my Vinciti, lvl 32.

I'm not that far through yet. Just defeated the gym with the Flying Pokemon.

I keep them for type effectiveness, never know what you're going up against. I just swapped out my fighting and electric for a ghost and a dragon, since my ghost has fighting moves (Golurk) and dragons are just damn strong (Druddigon). If you don't care about types, just pick the ones you like the look of.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:23 pm
i'm now post-game

Running into a fearow in the wild and trainers using 'mons from previous generations is kinda dissappointing  

Nu Lucrezia

Desirable Grabber

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

NogginDew

Business Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:54 am
I just got the Jet Badge. I've been training my Pokemon like crazy, trying to make them perfect. I won't be beating the game for a while.

My team is currently:
Eelektrik Lvl. 40
Krokorok Lvl. 35
Samurott Lvl. 36.
Darmanitan Lvl. 37
Swoobat Lvl. 39, and
Petilil Lvl. 38. (Waiting for Petilil to reach lvl. 46, where she'll learn her most powerful move, then I'ma evolve her to Lilligant. 3nodding )

I actually got my entire team to level 40 last night, but once I reached my goal, (it was 4am and I was REALLY tired) I impulsively turned off my system without saving and closed my DS. I lost 3 hours worth of work. I was so mad that I'd done that, that I gathered all of my things out of the living room and went up to bed, all the while chanting,"So much work, gone... All of my hard work... Gone..."

I was sooooooo mad with myself. And I still haven't gotten back to where I was. I did just get the Jet Badge again, though. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:36 am
Just got my last badge and I'm on my way to victory road!
'Course, all this is for nothing, since I'm restarting once they open the damn online features.

Training tip you guys may not know about: Run around a grassy area until a patch starts shaking, enter the shaking grass and most of the time you'll find an Audino. Unremarkable pokemon, except it gives 2-3 times the normal amount of EXP for a poke it's level. Combine that with a lucky egg and you're golden, pony boy. I leveled an entire team from 30ish to 40ish in an hour. (Also works in caves with swirling dust, and water with whirlpools, Audino will show up in any of the special tiles.)

Ribbish

Nu Lucrezia

Desirable Grabber

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:22 am
Ribbish
Training tip you guys may not know about: Run around a grassy area until a patch starts shaking, enter the shaking grass and most of the time you'll find an Audino. Unremarkable pokemon, except it gives 2-3 times the normal amount of EXP for a poke it's level. Combine that with a lucky egg and you're golden, pony boy. I leveled an entire team from 30ish to 40ish in an hour. (Also works in caves with swirling dust, and water with whirlpools, Audino will show up in any of the special tiles.)
It's good for levelling, but not for EV training. Unless you want to get some HP EVs, of course  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:11 pm
I've just got through Victory Road. Ready to challenge the 4 Elite.

I've decided to go back and train my pokemon up before carrying on. I want to get them all to at least lvl 40.

Besides, there's a lot to catch too. I gotta get 'em all.

Current team is:
Emboar lvl 51
Swark lvl 43
Vinctini lvl 43
Goddrigon lvl 31
Pidove Lvl 27

and the last slot keeps getting changed. Usually Herdier at lvl 29.

I'm gonna try and get that Legendary Pokemon thats going around the different roads, causing storms. Fought it once but it fled after my first attack. Gonna use one of the TMs to root it so it'll take a few hits. See if it'll fight then.

cheesy nipples

Ribbish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:33 pm
Nips, get yourself a Litwick/Lampert/Chandelure with the ability Shadow Tag, it'll stop Thundurus from fleeing on ya biggrin

Nu: True, but you really don't need EVs unless you're battling other human players, NPCs can be beaten easily with just a level advantage.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:47 pm
Ribbish
Nips, get yourself a Litwick/Lampert/Chandelure with the ability Shadow Tag, it'll stop Thundurus from fleeing on ya biggrin

Nu: True, but you really don't need EVs unless you're battling other human players, NPCs can be beaten easily with just a level advantage.

I got a Litwick, but I need to level it up, I think its only a 24. Thundrous is a 40.

cheesy nipples

Nu Lucrezia

Desirable Grabber

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:49 pm
@Ribb: haha, yeah, i forgot that detail. sweatdrop

@Nips: if you're doing the Elite 4/Champion, you'll need your team to be at least level 48-50. If your Herdier knows Crunch or any other dark type move, train it like crazy, it'll be very helpful against the ghost-using elite 4 guy

another good hint for getting the Storm legendaries (or any legendary, for that matter) is to leave it for a bit and get a strong, fast pokemon that knows False Swipe - it will never KO the opponent, and you can get them down to 1hp easily this way. and then inflict sleep or paralysis on them and start throwing balls. Roaming legendaries are seriously one of the most annoying things ever, so you just have to be persistant  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:00 pm
Ya know, the more I play this game, the more I feel like a complete a*****e.

Aside from the whole cockfighting thing, is it just me, or are most of the trainers all "Youngsters" and "Preschoolers"? And the "enemy" team is basically the pokemon equivalent of the ASPCA. Every time I beat one of them I feel so bad sad

(also, Cheren. Seriously. Every time I see him it's "BATTLEBATTLEBATTLE!". How about a "Hello" first? Maybe a little "How's it going Jay?" "How are your pokemon feeling?" before he proceeds to beat the s**t out of them)

Ribbish

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:07 pm
So not only is Japan promoting abusing animals by making them fight, but also promoting beating the snot out of little kids' pets and inducing massive trauma on them at such a young age?

GENIUS, I TELL YOU.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:43 pm
the preschoolers do look like they're 5 or something. I've encountered them on the battle subway and they were alone.

either their parents are completely confident that they won't get molested/raped/kidnapped or Unova has a really effective way of deterring and dealing with sex offenders  

Nu Lucrezia

Desirable Grabber

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:55 pm
Nu Lucrezia
the preschoolers do look like they're 5 or something. I've encountered them on the battle subway and they were alone.

either their parents are completely confident that they won't get molested/raped/kidnapped or Unova has a really effective way of deterring and dealing with sex offenders

...The images...in my head... gonk  
The Barely-Knowns

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces