Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
For a childrens site, neopets has some disturbing images o.O Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xx-Musicaholic-xX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:06 pm
Wow o.O
And to think I used to love that site.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:34 pm
Even though I've played Neopets *forever* (up until the last yearish), it still took me a few minutes to figure out that extremity on the TCG card was a blumaroo LEG. XDDDD;;;;;;;  

Allie23

Sparkly Fatcat

8,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150

MasterMion

4,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:53 pm
Oh. My. God.
Wow. To think that I spent every waking moment of my life on there when I was a freshman in high school. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:15 pm
Not even #3 was as bad as that Yellow Blumaroo card...  

Ixcilia

Sandy Cat Killer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:25 pm
i have to "roflmfao' at that XD neopets ain't that bad XD i left it after it changed cuz i culdn't figure out where everthing was XD maybe i'll go and see how my cute lil chipmunk things r... XD  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:05 am

LOL XD
I, for one, still love Neopets and play on it daily. Just like Gaia! =D
The images you can find on Neo aren't disturbing in the slightest. They're actually quite funny. XD The Jelly Blumaroo poking the Jelly Meepit is one of my favorite images. XD It's to adorable. As for the second image, I've never seen it before, but it's still pretty epic.

Neo does have trolls that lurk the boards. I've been warned so many times for so many different reasons. I've even been warned for speaking about Gaia on there. I was trying to get my entire guild to get accounts here. Most of them did.

There are things I can do on Neo that I can't do on Gaia and I love that. Like running my sites.

Kiwicide

Magical Wolf

Sonata of Dreams

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:30 am
How long have I been gone???
I used to play on neopets.... and this is what happens when I leave? tsk tsk. They've gone insane. That third picture..... O_o

But before it changed I used to love neopets.... running my own sites and all was fun. ^^

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:46 am
The first one is just a neopet playing with its petpet. The petpet is wiggling because it is painted jelly. The second one is a Usul Water Balloon Attack. The third one is Spoiled Milk. The last two are items for battling. The comments seemed exaggerated. I thought people thought they were disturbing because it looked like the petpet was being attacked and the water balloon and the spoiled milk looked like a pet about to drink expired milk.  

pinkrosecat

Codebreaking Codger

9,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Forum Explorer 100

finalfantasygiirl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:19 pm
okay
it took me like
a really really really long time to figure out what the hell you were talking about with the pictures
and i figured
i forgot to turn my dirty mind on
and there you have reallyreally really weird pictures
well, i kinda only saw as it was meant to be
a moonster playing with some other moster
and cute flying water balloon
and a retarded baby bottle
but i see other people see it differently
XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:44 pm
...I think the last one was the worse...  

White_Angel_Yuna

5,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:13 pm
also one must take into account the audience as it's been stated here the less inocent persons who may or may not have a dirty mind see rape, bloated condom, and male genitals. But most of the sites users are children who see pets playing with each other, a water balloon, and a bottle of spoiled milk. Not saying the images are right and I'm going to explain how they got that way but I might tick a few of you so I will put this disclaimer: The following is not an endorcement of any specific religion or religion in general merely sociological fact.

up until recent decades society as a whole has gained morals through religion. This fact is universal, the religion is not. In American history it is namely Christianity as this was the faith of the founding fathers and the majority of the population until recent decades. However we have entered into an era of accept atheism. Not saying there is anything wrong with the lack of belief in the devine but...What are the morals that guide an atheistic society? The result of a lack of definition such morals and even the extention of the ideas of morals being abstract and different for everyone has led to a sexualization of our culture. I am not saying these are the only factors and atheism is not to blame. Another factor is the chokehold grip of religion in the 50s. So what never would have made it on the drawing board 50 and even 30 years ago is standard today.

I don't have a perposed remady of for this...not one our current society would accept at least. The best way to reverse this trend is well rooted, established morals...the sort religion has given us for eons.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:03 am
...No comment lol >.<

ThePsychoBitch

6,800 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

X_The_Curtain_Call_X

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:39 pm
The first one is just wrong. It looks like the pink thing is humping the air, and the yellow one is stroking the pink one's butt. Disturbing.........  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:33 pm
Shinu_Rei
well it took me a while to figure out that the last one was a baby bottle.. xD
but my mind isn't that pure anymore heh..
I don't really think there is anything harmful on neopets, except if there are trolls on the forums like Gaia has..
Neopets have forums now??? O_o Its been a while since I've been there, I got bored with it.

No, you just have a dirty mind!! XD LMAO There are several scenes from Sonic X, that if it were a still picture it would look sooooo wrong!! Like Sonic tried ot kick Shadow in the head and he ducked and it looked like he was looking a Sonics umm..... yeah sweatdrop (the men of thier kind don't wear pants) then there is one that could easily be Rouge naked, and people stareing at her breasts, and Cream grabbing Amy's boob... O_x I can't belive I actually spotted that!! Some of the episodes could be reated "PG" (its Y7 like most cartoons and anime) because they swear occasionally and Rouge said something sexually suggestive once... I wonder if kids actualy pick up on things like that.

Anyway, pepole can make just about anything look "wrong" even myself who doesn't really get dirty jokes so quickly. And no, I don't consider myself dirty-minded, even if I point out things like that, eh I find things like that distasteful, usually unless if its like satire of something. Like the manga edits! XD

And last of all, kids shouldn't know what those pictures look like. It isnt like the creators of Neopets and the artists did that on pupose!  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:49 pm
The Fab Four
Since I used to be obsessed with Neopets myself, I've seen much worse in my lifetime. Such as:

Neo Crackers: Some deliciously addicting crackers. Ideal for pets with a need for savoury things!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And,

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yellow Blumaroo TCG Card. This is a real life item!

I looked at that, and I'm like "Okay... I don't see any thing..." then the lines go and its like "OH GWAD!!!" X_X It reminds me of that thing from the movie Baby Mama, this guy is like "Do you think the logo looks like a (er... you know what)?" It was for a smothie shop, it had the name, and it was a bannana in the middle standing on end, and some round fruit around it... O_o I don't see anything wrong with the Neocrackers....  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff