*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
REJOYCE WITH ME I BROUGHT SOMEONE TO THE LORD! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many people have you brought to the lord?
  none *sob*
  1-5 people
  6-15 people
  16-25 people
  26-50 people
  I stopped counting a long time ago...
View Results

koolgirlblue RIP 07_15_08

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:12 pm
I personally have brought no one to the Lord! BUT....He who is within me, has brought many souls to Himself, and Praise the Lord I was blessed that he used me as a vessel.

"The Glory is the Lord's"......always! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:50 pm
Ricette
Siren of Saturn
Ricette
I find it offensive that you are claiming to have saved him from the eternal damnation of Hell when you have absolutely no clue if he will ever or ever was going to head to the hotel for heathens after death. You are not God.

Now on you touching him and feeling the overwhelming urge to cry, its called being an empath. I'm the same way. I touch someone, I feel their pain, their joy, their fears. Its helpful when helping them through their problems I have found.

And for the record I am far from Christian. I label myself pagan.

I'm sorry Kacy but as most christians believe if you do not accept Christ (haha, i almost said Chris) as your Lord and Savior than sadly you do go to hell. It may or may not sound nice or pretty, but that's how it goes in our belief. It's not to be offensive or say he was horrible or anything like that, only that we are all fallen and have only one redeemer.

And as for the whole he got saved, Yipee! That's fantastic biggrin Now make sure he goes and shares his story with others too! It's by the power of our testimony that ours are healed smile

as for the poll, again, not such a huge fan :/ We should be doing all we can to witness and show the love of Christ *not RAM the bible down their throat* to others but counting in tallies isn't what God came to save. He cares but it's not a game or who "wins".
Oh I know that Jessica, but still just because a bunch of Christ believers hundreds or even thousands of years ago said that if you do not believe in Christ you go to hell, doesn't make it true. And just because the bible might say, don't make it true either. We have no real way of knowing if Pagans such as myself will go to Hell or if it even exists in the terms that so many think it does. But I still find it offensive. I mean, trying to convert those who do not hold ot your beliefs is so very wrong I think. Just let it be. I mean, I don't think God will give you a gold star or extra brownie points for each "poor soul" that is saved. More like he will be kinda sad or something that his children feel the need to screw with each other's free will and belief system.

for most people yes, it doesn't make it true. But for those that believe, it does. And for this guild it would mostly be true. This is why we mostly talk in these terms, those such as yourself that don't believe as most of us do will have to understand and realize that in this guild we mostly speak on these terms. Not to be rude or say that we are right and your wrong, but just to say we assume for the most part we are talking to people who believe that what we think is true is what "they" think is true smile As i said, in most gracious and humble terms, it isn't to say that we are right or wrong, it's merely the audience that we are speaking to. Hope that makes sense ^_^  

Siren of Saturn

Ricette

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:39 pm
Siren of Saturn
Ricette
Siren of Saturn
Ricette
I find it offensive that you are claiming to have saved him from the eternal damnation of Hell when you have absolutely no clue if he will ever or ever was going to head to the hotel for heathens after death. You are not God.

Now on you touching him and feeling the overwhelming urge to cry, its called being an empath. I'm the same way. I touch someone, I feel their pain, their joy, their fears. Its helpful when helping them through their problems I have found.

I'm sorry Kacy but as most christians believe if you do not accept Christ (haha, i almost said Chris) as your Lord and Savior than sadly you do go to hell. It may or may not sound nice or pretty, but that's how it goes in our belief. It's not to be offensive or say he was horrible or anything like that, only that we are all fallen and have only one redeemer.

And as for the whole he got saved, Yipee! That's fantastic biggrin Now make sure he goes and shares his story with others too! It's by the power of our testimony that ours are healed smile

as for the poll, again, not such a huge fan :/ We should be doing all we can to witness and show the love of Christ *not RAM the bible down their throat* to others but counting in tallies isn't what God came to save. He cares but it's not a game or who "wins".
Oh I know that Jessica, but still just because a bunch of Christ believers hundreds or even thousands of years ago said that if you do not believe in Christ you go to hell, doesn't make it true. And just because the bible might say, don't make it true either. We have no real way of knowing if Pagans such as myself will go to Hell or if it even exists in the terms that so many think it does. But I still find it offensive. I mean, trying to convert those who do not hold ot your beliefs is so very wrong I think. Just let it be. I mean, I don't think God will give you a gold star or extra brownie points for each "poor soul" that is saved. More like he will be kinda sad or something that his children feel the need to screw with each other's free will and belief system.

for most people yes, it doesn't make it true. But for those that believe, it does. And for this guild it would mostly be true. This is why we mostly talk in these terms, those such as yourself that don't believe as most of us do will have to understand and realize that in this guild we mostly speak on these terms. Not to be rude or say that we are right and your wrong, but just to say we assume for the most part we are talking to people who believe that what we think is true is what "they" think is true smile As i said, in most gracious and humble terms, it isn't to say that we are right or wrong, it's merely the audience that we are speaking to. Hope that makes sense ^_^
Well by that logic if I believe that the flying spagetti monster will appear to me in a vision proclaiming his pastafarian goodness, it'll happen? Sorry couldn't resist that one. Yes I do get that this whole Christian mindset of if I truly believe it must be so because of my faith. And I do not doubt that there is a ton of faith in here. Though it still annoys me in a real huge way that someone feels they have to save the poor souls of the wicked who do not worship their invisible anthropomorphic deity. Really bugs me so I am bound to respond to this sort of thing how I do. Its a habit.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:15 pm

That's fantastic!!
I'm so happy for you!!!
That's such a blessing!

Though I must also say that I find the poll odd.

Just Listen.

emeebee

Fashionable Nerd

6,350 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50

Siren of Saturn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:42 pm
Ricette
Siren of Saturn
Ricette
Siren of Saturn
Ricette

Well by that logic if I believe that the flying spagetti monster will appear to me in a vision proclaiming his pastafarian goodness, it'll happen? Sorry couldn't resist that one. Yes I do get that this whole Christian mindset of if I truly believe it must be so because of my faith. And I do not doubt that there is a ton of faith in here. Though it still annoys me in a real huge way that someone feels they have to save the poor souls of the wicked who do not worship their invisible anthropomorphic deity. Really bugs me so I am bound to respond to this sort of thing how I do. Its a habit.

Heh, your making me hungry. razz That makes sense..i guess it's something you have to get used to in this guild though razz I'm sorry that it irks you sad It's understandable that it's a habit. I guess it's a habit of ours too razz As long as we can agree to disagree though i think we'll be okay smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:47 pm
Siren of Saturn
Ricette
Siren of Saturn
Ricette
Siren of Saturn
Ricette

Heh, your making me hungry. razz That makes sense..i guess it's something you have to get used to in this guild though razz I'm sorry that it irks you sad It's understandable that it's a habit. I guess it's a habit of ours too razz As long as we can agree to disagree though i think we'll be okay smile
I can agree to that.  

Ricette

Siren of Saturn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:21 am
Ricette
Siren of Saturn
Ricette
Siren of Saturn
Ricette

I can agree to that.

lol, high five and hug it out! ;P  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:01 pm
Congratulations.

But I have something to say. Technically you didn't "Bring him to the Lord", God used you as a tool to plant the seed, or even water it, in the heart of someone he was already working in. You technically did nothing, it's all God's work.

Also I think the poll is a little off, because there is no way we can "Bring someone to the Lord" because that makes it sound as if we had something to do with it, it is just God working through us.  

Belladonna Kiss

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces