Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Ritual Question? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which is First?
  Raise Energy
  Spell
View Results

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:46 pm
As a Reiki Master, my position is that Reiki is not Vis based on my understanding of Fiddler's explanation.

Reiki may be a form that Vis can take, but they aren't synonymous. My impression is that Vis is expressed as other things in the same way you and I are both expressions of "Human".

Vis = Human
Sophist = Ray Key
Tea = Reiki
Cu = ~insert Energy technique here~
Nuri = Trout
.... etc.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:30 pm
TeaDidikai
As a Reiki Master, my position is that Reiki is not Vis based on my understanding of Fiddler's explanation.

Reiki may be a form that Vis can take, but they aren't synonymous. My impression is that Vis is expressed as other things in the same way you and I are both expressions of "Human".

Vis = Human
Sophist = Ray Key
Tea = Reiki
Cu = ~insert Energy technique here~
Nuri = Trout
.... etc.

I have a few questions about Reiki as well. Should I post in the guild or may I pm? I am not aware of any other Reiki practitioners in this guild.  

Bastemhet

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:52 am
...Trout? I'm expressed as a fish?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:30 am
Sophist
OK, so there are patterns in nature, but aren't there random things as well?

What do you mean by random?
Even chaotic systems are not random. They are just over-dependant on initial conditions and while a given level of chaos will give the appearance of randomness, and even something that we cannot map anything beyond probability trees for, it is not true randomness.

Sophist
How do we account for that?

In my case, and certainly not to comment on Fiddler's school, I acknowledge that my understanding of the universe is incomplete and that I cannot ever have all of the answers.
There are mathematical proofs for this, given that a system can be consistent or complete but never both.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:32 am
TeaDidikai
Cu = Sound

I was most vexed when I found out about String Theory, it was just another way of stating my opinion on the fundamental rules of the universe. Rather than Strings, I expressed the universe as Notes. There is no mathematical difference between the two, given that Strings are just an abstraction of the concept and not the reality.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:00 am
CuAnnan
Sophist

Even chaotic systems are not random. They are just over-dependant on initial conditions and while a given level of chaos will give the appearance of randomness, and even something that we cannot map anything beyond probability trees for, it is not true randomness.

A simple way to explain what they're talking about could be in the roll of a dice.

Take one, six sided dice found in any game of Yhatzee. Roll it. The result would seem to be, by definition, random. However, depending on how you rolled, what direction you rolled it, on what you rolled it, etc...all these factors would have a bearing on what number is actually rolled. Heck, is there wind blowing wherever you rolled the dice? Cause that would certainly effect the roll too.

Because we are not omnipotent, we cannot see and predict how all these factors will bare upon the result of the rolled dice....just because we don't SEE the factor doesn't mean the factor doesn't have it's part to bare in the equation.  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:37 am
Sophist

I have a few questions about Reiki as well. Should I post in the guild or may I pm? I am not aware of any other Reiki practitioners in this guild.
Good thread.

maenad nuri
...Trout? I'm expressed as a fish?
3nodding

CuAnnan
TeaDidikai
Cu = Sound

I was most vexed when I found out about String Theory, it was just another way of stating my opinion on the fundamental rules of the universe. Rather than Strings, I expressed the universe as Notes. There is no mathematical difference between the two, given that Strings are just an abstraction of the concept and not the reality.
Fair enough.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:46 am
TeaDidikai
Hey Fiddler, I did forget to mention that said stones could seek other poles, especially if they were ferrous. rofl

Other poles?  

Aino Ailill

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:48 am
Aino Ailill
TeaDidikai
Hey Fiddler, I did forget to mention that said stones could seek other poles, especially if they were ferrous. rofl

Other poles?
Like metal poles. They are magnets after all. wink

It was an attempt to be funny.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:10 pm
TeaDidikai
Aino Ailill
TeaDidikai

Other poles?

Ah, 'kay. Sorry. sweatdrop  

Aino Ailill

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:13 pm
Aino Ailill
TeaDidikai
Aino Ailill
TeaDidikai

Other poles?

It was a really bad joke for what it's worth.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:18 pm
TeaDidikai
Aino Ailill
TeaDidikai
Aino Ailill
TeaDidikai

Other poles?

It was a really bad joke for what it's worth.

Jokes based in earth science tend to be wink  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:28 pm
CuAnnan
Sophist

I think you covered what I was thinking. There were particles I heard of 9 years ago, I think quarks, whose pattern was not predictable. Whether it was really quarks that I'm thinking of or something else, I don't know, because my memory is murky of that time. I was mainly asking whether there were random parts of nature to which I think you more aptly called "chaotic systems."

Quote:
Sophist
How do we account for that?

In my case, and certainly not to comment on Fiddler's school, I acknowledge that my understanding of the universe is incomplete and that I cannot ever have all of the answers.
There are mathematical proofs for this, given that a system can be consistent or complete but never both.

What are the proofs called?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:53 pm
TeaDidikai

and if someone is paying attention, they can learn a lot about the way the streams of Vis can be manipulated by that example.

Sophist
I'm confused- it's dangerous to do spellworking without interacting with the lay of the land, but on the other hand you're saying it's dangerous to do this without understanding the lay of the land before this?

It is impossible to do spellwork without interacting with the Vis web, if the spell is purely internal, it has less collateral effect, but as you breath, move, and generate electricity ect... you are a part of the Vis web. It is dangerous to act upon a system without understanding that system.

Quote:
I'm not saying that it doesn't exist, but isn't it dangerous to make a positive claim as well if there isn't a conventional way of measuring it that is peer reviewed? Are you referring to something like those metal bars you hold that waver when there's a disturbance (can't remember what they're called) or a pendulum?

I have about 17 people I consider peers in this. It is reviewed. Just as I would not ask a random person on the street to review a treatise on molecular decay, I will not desire review from the unaware or uninitiated. Furthermore, the research is not entirely available to the public. I am working with the research of others as well, and I am not at liberty to share their research as givens or causal components for my own findings. Nor are they desirous to have their names attached to this, for reasons of their own concern.
I invite you to research for yourself and come to your own conclusions. I suggest starting with physics, biology, and geology.
If you find that the cosmos is series of independent events that transpire in isolated situations, Then that is your finding. I will disagree, but it could be as much vaguerity of my perception as anything else.
Pendulums are fine tools.
I suggest the Sun, Snowflake, and Lodestone to start with tho. They are similar enough to create easy concordants, yet divergent enough that they require actual observation and causal reasoning to correlate.

Quote:
Could you tell me more about harmonic resonance? This seems to be in line with the idea of "word power." How would this affect Vis?

The way sound interacts with it's environ. I don't have room/time for the physics part of this here... which is really most of what there is to it. It is the way a wave interacts with everything it passes by or indirectly effects passing near. The Sound itself is Vis, it interacts with other Vis by either moving it, organizing it (when sound is used to create patterns), or changing it, such as changing the state of matter. There are other possibilities as well. The sound might provoke some entity to action, whether it is your neighbour yelling for you to be quite, or some long slumbering Genus answering an ancient agreement.

Quote:
What about stones or other natural items that people use to make amulets? Do they have inherent Vis or does Vis work through them in an altered flow once they have been tampered with to produce a desired effect?

Everything that exists has inherent Vis. Vis also flows thru it and is changed by it. Thank of it like both a battery and a lens. with Vis being both light and electricity. Also, it depends what is done to the stone, what has altered it's Vis. It is one thing to carry around a piece of iron, it is an altered effect if that iron has been magnetized.

Quote:
Are you familiar with Reiki? Would you say Reiki is synonymous to Vis or is it different?

I am familiar.
Tea got it fairly close to our own position.
Vis is all energy, all the way from lightning bolts to covalent bonds and in all directions beyound.
Were we to discus Reiki, we would use terms that describe the Vis being manipulated in more specific terms.

Quote:
I am not prone to curses either. I figure those people, through their stupidity, suffer enough as it is. But there are other instances in which using a spell as an added boost to whatever effort I'm already undertaking would be helpful. On the other hand I don't want to do anything that would be harmful to my environment.

It is like damming a river or flicking on a light switch, somewhere, sometime, something, likely many somethings, shall be affected by it. Just know where you are getting the energy from, and how it is interacting with the world around you. Carefully note your environment before and after, if there was no noticeable change, and some time passes without any, it is possible that the amount of alteration was small enough as to be repaired before it reached a level we can notice. Mind you, just because we don't notice something is wrong, doesn't mean it isn't... but expecting people to function beyound their perceptual capacity is asking a bit much, even for me. Rather, I encourage people to use reason, look more closely and carefully at what they are doing, maybe expand that list of what is individually perceivable, have a care for the causally potential after affects of their actions... And take the rake to more things.
In case you didn't notice, I am a crotchety old curmudgeon about magic. I do everything other than sit on my porch and shake my cane, ranting about kids these days. However, I would rather a world with far less practitioners, than more who are careless. It is a tool of great might. I would make comparison to celestial bodies... but the immediate impact would be lost. No, more like nuclear science. Even our attempts at positive usage can have gruesome and long lasting consequences, even when we take every precaution that we know of.

Quote:
Thank you for your patience thus far!
sweatdrop

A little patience before may make less need for a lot of patience afterwards. On this topic, and in my current mood, I am happy to share what is mine to share. However, my answers will never be your answers. To internalize knowledge seems to require an actual process of learning. I could spout formulae for physics, biology, and causal relationships until my body fails me and my time in this narrative is done, and I would still not be finished explaining it all. On the other hand, if you seek causal relationships, on whatever level they interact, be they social, molecular, ecological, and then find the common thread, then you will Know, and it will be your knowledge. wink  

Fiddlers Green

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:38 pm
Fiddlers Green
TeaDidikai

and if someone is paying attention, they can learn a lot about the way the streams of Vis can be manipulated by that example.
Happy to have been of help.
Quote:

I am familiar.
Tea got it fairly close to our own position.
Vis is all energy, all the way from lightning bolts to covalent bonds and in all directions beyound.
Were we to discus Reiki, we would use terms that describe the Vis being manipulated in more specific terms.

I do my best.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces