Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:57 am
The forest itself was distressing to Leilani. She was afraid of the dark now. Which meant shadows didn't do so well with her either. And there was plenty of both in the forest. Not to mention being slightly claustrophibic after being imprisoned in the hull of a pirate ship for years. Which was why Leilani stuck to the beach and other such well lit, open places.

Leilani appreciated the respect he gave to her boundries, though. He hadn't even questioned her reluctance. Just accepted it with calm grace. It was one of the things she was starting to like about him. It was almost theraputic to not have to hold herself in check or keep her gaurds up. Or explain her actions. This stranger was something of a remedy to Theron's insistance and impatience. Speaking of her significant other, she noticed the last part of his sentence.

"Eudora?" she asked. They were almost to her village now. She could see the smoke from the Elder's yurt off in the distance.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:24 am
Only now realizing that he'd been speaking aloud, Cabel blinked and glanced up at Leili. "Oh, I'm sorry, I was muttering. Eudora's my daughter," he explained simply, not bothering with the detail of her being his adoptive child. Blood made no difference when it came to family. His own parents proved that.

"She's been getting out and about more lately," he continued softly, eyes distant. "Not trapped dealing with her moody old man anymore." He paused, then sighed. "I'm glad, really. It's good for her to get out and live life as she should, without worrying about me all the time. She's got her own life to lead without being weighed down by me."

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:49 am
Leilani nodded. His daughter. "Having a daughter must be nice." she whispered, longingly. "I once dreamed of having children." Theron had often mentioned having kids when they were younger. Back when life had been much simpler. When she had returned, he hadn't spoken of children at all. Maybe it was her fault. Perhaps the pirates had truly taken everthing from her.

Retouching on the last part of his words, she said "Moody? You do not seem that moody to me."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:09 pm
"She's a wonderful young woman," he agreed with a smile tempered by sadness. "I'd dreamed of having my own children as well, but alas, it seems it was not meant to be. Instead, I was given a gift in the form of a lost toddler on my doorstep. I..." he hesitated slightly, then backed up to correct himself, "We...took her in as our own. Is it really that much difference when they come to mean just as much to you if not more? Perhaps there are other plans in motion sometimes that we don't see."

He walked along for a moment, watching the scenery go by, before answering. "Believe it or not, I wasn't always this interesting," he quipped with a dry chuckle. "Nah, not as serious anyway. Treated life like more of a game. Those were happy days," he trailed off for a bit. Then, he shook his head. "Well, maybe I'm not very up-and-down kind of moody, but, more down, I suppose. She's got such hope still in her, I don't want to end up weighing that down." Not when she still had so much time left to stay innocent and happy.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:48 pm
"I understand completely." she rpelied. "Theron is the same way with me. Er, my mate." she corrected hersef. "He was so happy and excited to see me come home, i felt like a balloon popper from day one." She gave sad smile. "I fear that one day i will pop one too many of his balloons and he will be forever changed." She didnt want to think about that. Let alone talk about it.

As much as she tried though, se couldn't leave the subject of children alone. "I wish sometimes that what had happened, never did happen. So i could back and have a normal life, you know?" she asked, stopping to play with a leaf.

"But then again, where would life be if you could just reverse time?"

Shaking herself, she returned to the topic of his children as well as the long walk to the village. "So, you raised a lost soul? That must have been...wonderful yet heart wrenching at the same time."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:03 pm
"Hmm..." mused Cabel, "I hadn't really thought about that before, I must admit. Though, I think there was more emphasis on the 'wonderful' than on the 'heart-wrenching' at the time, honestly. Maybe that's why I've never really thought about it. Of course, now the tables have turned," he muttered.

Another topic. "Ah the wish to reverse time; it's a double-edged sword though, the more you think about it. I mean, say you could reverse time. Would you remember what had happened in previous attempts? If so, you still carry the baggage of the mistakes and tragedies, which is what you wanted to escape in the first place. And if you don't remember what happened before, then how would you even know you'd been given a second chance? Who's to say that it would make a difference then, to even have that second chance?"

What a depressing line of thought. Then, he paused. "If you did have a second chance, what would you do with it?"

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:50 pm
Lailani stopped, completely dumbfounded by his question. "I ha-had not really thought about it." she admitted. So she thought about it. Harder than most things shehad had to think about here lately.

"I guess it is all related, when you think about it."

"I am not sure if I could go back... To go back means to change things. Change people." she explained, finding amazement in her words. "I could not erase Theron. He is the only thing that has kept me tied to this world. But I wouldn't be able to erase my past because he has been in it for so long, I would be lost and starting all over. And if I did not have him when I returned, I would already have exited this world." she confessed.

" I am not sure I know how to answer that question..."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:27 pm
((It's been a while since this RP took place, so if that's okay, I'd like to summarize and end it here. I'm totally open for another RP with these two if you ever would like to again though! So, here's assuming they managed a small, simple picnic, then went their separate ways again.))

[FIN]

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff