View Results

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:08 pm
User Image
She thinks that the devil is much too tricky to show himself to foolish young girls. Yes, she thinks that she's saving my eternal soul...*sigh* We're having a big talk tonight, me, my mom, and grandparents...updated tomorrow, if I'm not grounded for my religious beliefs.

Credit

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:17 pm
Best of luck and blessings to you, Queenie.  

Chaos Blue

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:52 pm
Good luck with your parents!
I feel the same way about the church. I just go quietly, but if someone talks to me about the way I dress and "Jesus doesn't like it" I don't hesitate to say "I'm not Catholic". Pretty much focus on how GOOD it will feel when you move out and don't go anymore. I have to wait about 3 years for that day, but it's still a comfort for me. But if your parents try to send you off, I think you should put up a fight about it.
{Wow, you're a freshman? I thought you were like 20}  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:09 pm
User Image
I always put up a big fight whenever they try to send me to my dad's. I have experience with that much, but I'm thinking they want to send me to a Christian boarding school. I used to have SO much respect for my mom, but the more she fights me, the less I have.
No family meeting last night, but it will probably happen tonight, tomorrow, or Thursday. I need to hide all of my Wicca books. I read a chapter every night before I go to bed--it makes me sleep better.
We don't have the money to have me sent away, but I'm sure she'd find a way. I've tried to get her to understand that the Christian image of the devil was based on the pagan religions of Europe, not the other way around. She's one of those Christians who thinks that happiness and prosperity is the devil's work, not the joy of God. If pleasurable things were put here that are not detrimental to our health, why should we not enjoy them? Why should a god forbid the happiness of his followers? My mom and my grandparents hate going to church. I think that religion should be a joyful practice, not a tiring chore. Is it so bad to find something that seems right to you, and makes you happy?
Yes, everyone thinks I'm college-age or older xD
I felt happy inside when I went to Petsmart today and saw a girl with a pentacle necklace. I told her I liked her necklace in my most ditzy voice while my grandma's back was turned, but I wanted badly to ask if she knew of any pagan circles nearby.
Three more years...as soon as I graduate, I hope to move in with my boyfriend and get away from this madness.

Credit

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:34 pm
I hope you don't get grounded D: My mom's that way, also. Every time I say something related to Paganisim in general (I said happy Yule to my friend over the phone and she heard me) or if we're going to church she says something like "You are to Catholic! You were baptized! So there." I was five then! I wasn't aware that 5-year-olds could choose their own religion. I live in Los Angeles, so people are supposed to be more accepting out here, but they're not. But yes, the sky really IS brown from smog sometimes gonk  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:34 pm
User Image
The sky here is usually grey or white. Sometimes blue. I was baptized at age five, as well. I had no choice.

Credit

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:45 pm
I don't know anybody who has a choice. I guess its just "you were born in a Catholic family, you're stuck with it".  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:40 pm
I hate to say it; but you might be better off going into the closet and going to church with your family until you turn 18. Unfortunately you are a minor and until that magickal age- you are required to do what your parents want- at least if you are living with them.

I didn't find this path until I was in my early 20's so I was fortunate not to have to "obey" my mother but she basically disowned me for 1.5years because of this and we now only talk about once a month- if that. (I posted more about this in this thread- you might find this thread interesting)

The beliefs of Christianity can really tear some families and communities apart- I mean how many wars have been fought in the name of Christianity? That said, Christian Organizations have also done alot of good; so it essentially boils down to the person/people.

You know your Mother better than us; if you think she would ship you off to boarding school it's probably better for now- to go back to church with her. Maybe you can see if she'll compromise with you- you go to church with her and she'll read a book or 2 you give her about Wicca/Paganism.  

AmyK02

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:25 pm
User Image
I'm nearly a goddess of compromise, but she even refuses to listen to the slightest mention of Wicca and witchcraft. I often get applauded with my debating and compromising skills, especially at school with teachers. Some seem to think I could get an Eskimo to buy ice, and give me his space heater. ^^;
Most pagans want to bring up their children within a free environment, where they can decide on their own religion. Why don't most Christians do the same?
As a child, I once asked my mom what she thought about different religions. She told me that she has no problem what others believe, as long as they believe it and worship in the truth of their heart. As long as they follow their religions' laws, they will go to their own heaven. Apparently, this generalization does not apply to me.

Credit

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:29 pm
My mom's the same way. I guess it's always different when it's your child. And I could convince an Eskimo to buy ice also xd I convinced my sister I could make rainbows appear when she was 7.  

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200

AmyK02

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:52 pm
KillerQueen Bash

I'm nearly a goddess of compromise, but she even refuses to listen to the slightest mention of Wicca and witchcraft. I often get applauded with my debating and compromising skills, especially at school with teachers. Some seem to think I could get an Eskimo to buy ice, and give me his space heater. ^^;
Most pagans want to bring up their children within a free environment, where they can decide on their own religion. Why don't most Christians do the same?
As a child, I once asked my mom what she thought about different religions. She told me that she has no problem what others believe, as long as they believe it and worship in the truth of their heart. As long as they follow their religions' laws, they will go to their own heaven. Apparently, this generalization does not apply to me.

Heh; I can be very very stubborn as can my Mom. This did contribute to the "dis-owning". The reason Christianity is different is because their belief system says you *have* to believe in Jesus and their rules. There are many Christians that are more relaxed- like my husband for example- but the hardcore Christians are pretty strict. Other religions still have some rules & principles but are far more lax in comparison.

And honestly; sometimes I question whether my husband is really Christian. (Don't tell him that though lol) He believes in Jesus of course, but unlike most Christian's believes that a person's actions are more important than their beliefs in the afterlife. I think at times, he continues calling himself Christian more for his mother's sake than anything else.

And sorry, I'm now rambling off topic. smile

It's going to be tough until your 18; but at least you'll have some outlet for your beliefs using the internet and this guild. Maybe by that point she'll be more accepting since well... there won't be anything she can do about your beliefs. smile (unless she is paying for your college or something)  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:54 pm
User Image
I'm trying to get a scholarship, but odds are I'll have to do two years at the community college and then go to a real college. And she'll probably move in with me once I get my own house. She's still living at home, and once they kick her out she'll have nowhere to go. She works at the movie theater.
Still no family meeting. The anticipation...RRGH!

Credit

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:58 pm
Maye you should call the family meeting?  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:39 pm
Maybe they forgot?

...Though it is good you're using this time to gather your thoughts before the meeting, I think.

Chaos Blue

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:59 pm
User Image
I've asked several times, but there are four family members with very different schedules. I've been gathering my thoughts.
Me
7:00-2:15 School
Mom
12:00-6:00 Work
or
6:00-Midnight Work
Gramma
7:00-4:00 Work
Papa
5:00-6:00 Work

Credit

The Sitting Room - - [real-life, quest threads, chatterbox, etc]